• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

GSR

Augh, on my first playthrough and
I'm on the center flow route. Dio just blackmailed me, should I ally, or betray him?! Thinking betray, cause then we can find a cure later when we escape (lol, not going to escape this time).

I just did that path last night. It's up to you, but I chose
ally and hit a scenario lock. Not sure what betray does.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah... WARNING DON'T CLICK. SUPER PLOT SPOILERS

Luna's ending is definitely super sad, especially considering she's just a robot with no friends who got pushed around rather cruelly by certain people.

:(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My package from Amazon came in today, finally.

My watch is completely fucked up. I legitimately can't see the screen because its just covered in scratches all over the screen. I can't believe this shit, really really annoyed right now. I guess I should contact Aksys but I'm not optimistic about getting a replacement at all.

Should have just bought this game digitally. I knew the watch wouldnt be worth it.

Volcynika

My watch is completely fucked up. I legitimately can't see the screen because its just covered in scratches all over the screen. I can't believe this shit, really really annoyed right now. I guess I should contact Aksys but I'm not optimistic about getting a replacement at all.

Should have just bought this game digitally. I knew the watch wouldnt be worth it.

There's a film over the top of the watch that you need to remove.

kiryogi

Banned
I wonder, could this be why Rising Star us using Aksys's translation, but leaving the dub out? Perhaps the dual-language is causing the issue?

Are there any other 3DS games in the US with game breaking bugs that would need patching?

Didn't you say this existed in the Japanese version as well?

Koroviev

Whoa completely missed this. Absolutely fucking loved 999 (easily my GotY 2010) - is Zero Escape on par with it?

It's a huge improvement presentation-wise. Not far enough to make any judgements about the story. However, I definitely prefer the new cast, and the inclusion of a JP voice track is a big plus for me.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Too sleepy to play last night, but playing a bit of it on my break and I have to say that (general spoilers, I guess?) boy oh boy am I glad that
some BGMs are returning from 999

I think I might have to buy a new pair of headphones for this, just because I always felt that audio helped to make these games better in my mind.

pariah164

The only other 3DS game issue I had was with Doctor Lautrec. I set it down while it was saving at one time and got knocked back to the Home screen. Save file got corrupted and I lost 19+ hours of data.

As for VLR, I'm currently
stuck in the treatment center. I fiddled with four-letter words on the tablet till I got the passwords (I know, cheap, but I wanted to get them first). And now I'm trying to get into the pod room. I cannot freaking figure out the door code. I know it changes every time, but I am TERRIBLE at puzzles like these.

Vibed

Stuck on the P
EC room's gold file. I got the escape key, but that 3x3 crypt on the wall is confusing me. Not sure how to integrate it yet...

Don't exactly need help, just logging my progress. >.<

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The only other 3DS game issue I had was with Doctor Lautrec. I set it down while it was saving at one time and got knocked back to the Home screen. Save file got corrupted and I lost 19+ hours of data.

As for VLR, I'm currently
stuck in the treatment center. I fiddled with four-letter words on the tablet till I got the passwords (I know, cheap, but I wanted to get them first). And now I'm trying to get into the pod room. I cannot freaking figure out the door code. I know it changes every time, but I am TERRIBLE at puzzles like these.

The door code is the only random puzzle in the game.

Roto13

Hehehe, I looked at some beakers.
"Meep meep meep."

Stuck on the P
EC room's gold file. I got the escape key, but that 3x3 crypt on the wall is confusing me. Not sure how to integrate it yet...

Don't exactly need help, just logging my progress. >.<

I thought that was really obvious. It's basically the same puzzle. :p

GSR

Finished Tenmyouji's route first because I'd been spoiled on a big part of his character already.

Man, poor Junpei just can't catch a break - I guess Uchikoshi wasn't kidding when he said Junpei dedicated his life to finding Akane after the game but got nowhere. Quark's letter at the end is really sweet, though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Finished Tenmyouji's route first because I'd been spoiled on a big part of his character already.

Man, poor Junpei just can't catch a break - I guess Uchikoshi wasn't kidding when he said Junpei dedicated his life to finding Akane after the game but got nowhere. Quark's letter at the end is really sweet, though.

My second moment of /mindblown. Seriously, who saw that coming?

GSR

My second moment of /mindblown. Seriously, who saw that coming?

Yeah, seriously.

I was spoiled by a JP screenshot of his photo of Akane with Quark saying the line about Akane being Tenmyouji's first love, and that turned my head into scrambled eggs. I can only imagine what it would've been like to see it happen in-game.

pyrandes

Eff. I shouldnt have highlighted this. Its just cementing my speculation after finishing
K's and Tenmyouji's
routes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, seriously.

I was spoiled by a JP screenshot of his photo of Akane with Quark saying the line about Akane being Tenmyouji's first love, and that turned my head into scrambled eggs. I can only imagine what it would've been like to see it happen in-game.

Aww, I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled on that.

pariah164

/calmly closes her 3DS and sighs

I cannot solve this puzzle. I have tried a few techniques and none of them work. I get close, but...

Foxix Von

My package still hasn't shipped. I know I picked a slower shipping option but this shit is still ridiculous.

GSR

Eff. I shouldnt have highlighted this. Its just cementing my speculation after finishing
K's and Tenmyouji's
routes.

Did you
look at the photo Tenmyouji used for facial recognition
in
the Director's Room
and/or got the gold files there? It makes it pretty clear (or, at least, overwhelmingly likely) that
Tenmyouji is Junpei

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Didn't you say this existed in the Japanese version as well?

I said my sister had her saved corrupted, and assumed the bug was the same. However afterward I spoke with her and she couldn't confirm she was saving or in a puzzle room when it happened. So I've been speculating a bit since at least here in the US release it's been specifically identified as being the PEC room puzzle room causing the issues. I apologize for the confusion. orz

pyrandes

Did you
look at the photo Tenmyouji used for facial recognition
in
the Director's Room
and/or got the gold files there? It makes it pretty clear (or, at least, overwhelmingly likely) that
Tenmyouji is Junpei

Yep. Looked at the photo, but been avoiding looking at gold files for now (despite nabbing them), so I saw some signs pointing there. It didnt click till the ending I nabbed last night tho.

Vibed

I thought that was really obvious. It's basically the same puzzle. :p

OK so I solved the puzzle for the
PEC gold file
through what I think was a lucky guess.

Was it
that the first two numbers were ones on their sides, and the third was a seven when connected? I noticed the seven, but I soon dismissed it when the other two numbers were essentially dashes.

If I finish one path, do you guys use the path button to see the other options you could take? Am I supposed to start from the very beginning? I don't want to miss anything.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yep. Looked at the photo, but been avoiding looking at gold files for now (despite nabbing them), so I saw some signs pointing there. It didnt click till the ending I nabbed last night tho.

Just him having the photo was hint enough... that or he was some sort of relative.

pyrandes

Just him having the photo was hint enough... that or he was some sort of relative.
very true, but it couldve been easily been anyone other than santa and junpei that she met on her travels/scheming that fell fer her. Then again, it was a photo of her from when she was 12, so my mind shouldve really paid attention to that fact. :/

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Halp!

I'm stuck in the
botanical garden. I got the gold file, but can't figure out where I'm supposed to go from here to get the escape password. Is it just doing the stars puzzle in a different order or something?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looks like I got the green watch. The Amazon gods have not been kind to me today. :( Anyone want to swap for a red one? PM me if interested...

Mzo

Got the game and the watch from Amazon today, it's a blue one!

It's a pretty big step down from the 999 watch! I knew something was up when the delivery box was so light, these are all plastic. The original ones were pretty hefty and made up of metal.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just got my copy from Amazon.

I got a black watch.

Top Bottom