• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Was just splitting the letters in the two colors there (though I had those backwards...typo). Besides just seeing it, is there any proper way to figure out it's RED MOON?
When I looked at it I could clearly see Red and Moon separated out after you finish the clock puzzle .

Kazerei

Banned
One clock is red. The other is blue. What are the two colors before the H and M spaces where you have to put in a number?

Still confused @_@

Edit: nevermind, I got it!
For the time 7:15, move 15 spaces CW and 7 spaces CCW to reach "P". Same thing for the other times

TheExodu5

Banned
I've only done two puzzle rooms so far (intro, lounge) but so far this is a lot more fun than 999. It's nice to not have my companions babbling on nonstop during escapes.

Koroviev

Only got the chance to start playing for about 10 minutes today. :(
Tarako for Zero's VA was sort of a surprise, can't stop picturing Maruko-chan now. lol

If I sit down with this game, an hour or two passes. Need to finish up some studying before I play it tonight :x

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Trip was a success! Got the last "sealed" copy in the SFV.

Learned my lesson when it comes to these games, will make sure to preorder from Amazon first thing!

First time I paid full price for a game in a loooooong time, but it's worth it.

Can't wait to start playing and check out these damn spoilers lol.

9brnnl.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just the save file... which is really bad since the 3DS version has a total of one save slot.

Is it only an issue with the 3DS version, or with the Vita version too?

pariah164

Okay, FINALLY out of the PEC room. No glitches, no crashing. I am now in the next novel section and have saved... afraid to shut down game. WHAT DO.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Can someone explain to me what these glitches/save file issues people are having are caused by?

The only certain one is saving in the Pressure Exchange Room on the 3DS version will cause your game to crash and save to become corrupted - resulting in you having to start all over again.

TheExodu5

Banned
The only certain one is saving in the Pressure Exchange Room on the 3DS version will cause your game to crash and save to become corrupted - resulting in you having to start all over again.

Wow that's a pretty major bug.

That really should be bolded and in the OP.

Sandfox

I'll have to keep my eyes out on this thread in case other clitches are discovered. Hopefully Aksys will get wind of this quick and release a patch in order to save unexpecting players.

BTW, the superior Vita version has 3 save slots :)

Disregarding the glitch thing, you really don't need more than one save file for a VN set up like this one. Its nice if you have friends but other than that its kinda just nice to have.

PKrockin

Holy crap. It crashes AND corrupts your save? That's brutal.

Can someone help me with the b garden
colored coin balance scale puzzle... I literally wasted a couple turns because I thought that I just needed to put the coins on and balance the scale with the coins on it, but then I get the warning that it will go into easy mode unless I find the correct solution.. what is the balance I need?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
colored coin balance scale puzzle... I literally wasted a couple turns because I thought that I just needed to put the coins on and balance the scale with the coins on it, but then I get the warning that it will go into easy mode unless I find the correct solution.. what is the balance I need?

You need to figure out how much each coin weighs and determine the lightest to the heaviest via color.

Videoneon

Yeah, the weighing isn't its own minigame, you just use that information elsewhere. It was a bizarre inclusion I think, I haven't seen that happen anywhere else, but it...does freak you out I guess, or at least it freaked me out because I'm doing everything on Hard.

Solution Hint

When I did it, assuming nothing changes, Green was heaviest / rightmost, rightmost having nothing to do with the scale

Speculation: DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF TRYING TO AVOID PLOT SPOILERS, however incomplete

I've only got one legit "End," (Clover) but I feel like I could guess some. Dio set up the bomb, K is Zero and killed everybody, K has a anti-Radical six suit (it looks like it from the room I was in where I spoke to Clover), K is free from the consequences of the game because of how the bracelet is built, Tenmyoji...uh, well there's something going on with him but he hasn't spilled the beans yet. He knows Clover and possibly Alice, knows of Ice-9...and something tells me when I learn the truth about him in fact it's his story who will make my brain melt

However, I have a hard time thinking things are coordinated here. You can't assume that our Zero here is like the Kurashiki Siblings who did a lot of shit expressly for one purpose, but I don't grasp any sort of overarching agenda.

For those curious:

Explored all of Cyan until hitting a bunch of locks/game overs, a decent amount of Yellow

Noi

(Post lock 2 Spoilers)
Zero pops up and lectures me about termites and gives me the password to bomb no. 1... on what I assume is the immediately incorrect dimension. What a dick.

pariah164

I'm in the laboratory and have no idea where to start. I have two containers, some seeds...

I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing.jpg

Never has that meme been more appropriate.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I can't even FIND the frog. Been looking, but no dice. Found the scalpel though...

IIRC it's on one of the shelves. The key to finishing the puzzles quickly is do a search of the entire room first for any items you can pick up.

pariah164

IIRC it's on one of the shelves. The key to finishing the puzzles quickly is do a search of the entire room first for any items you can pick up.

I found some roots, but no frog. And no empty beaker, for that matter. I did solve part of the hydroponics puzzle though. Yay for mass guessing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I found some roots, but no frog. And no empty beaker, for that matter. I did solve part of the hydroponics puzzle though. Yay for mass guessing.

There's a shelf in the back.
The frog should be near where you found the roots. Top shelf.

pariah164

There's a shelf in the back.
The frog should be near where you found the roots. Top shelf.

Found and dissected the frog, solved part 2 of the hydroponics puzzle. I really hope I didn't need all those seeds for DNA... But hey, this is why we have a flow chart. Still dunno where to get the water...

Noi

Reached my second ending.

Kinda mean that letting myself get backstabbed is the ending, but looking out for myself is a bad end. Sigma, eternal optimist. Still, finally knowing a bit about Quark and Tenmyouji is nice, I guess.

Also, I blame going down the right path first for this, but thanks to Alice, I now half expect my opponent's choice in the AB game to change when I jump back to the split. Still don't know what was up with that particular one either!

Finally unlocked lock 04 though! I'm gonna wait until I finish all the
betray branches
on this road before going back though.

Edit: Went back to the last branch and
hit betray. Dammit Clover, stop running away at the first chance you get every time.

RetroMG

Okay, I don't get this damn final puzzle in the PEC room.

I'm looking at the colors, I'm looking at the 8, and I've got yellow and purple for the first two numbers, which are the bottom and the bottom-right of the eight. My third number is cyan, yellow and purple, which are the top of the eigh, and then again the bottom and bottom-right. There are no numbers on the eight that can be made with the yellow and purple that wouldn't include the cyan!

Help?

pariah164

Okay, I don't get this damn final puzzle in the PEC room.

I'm looking at the colors, I'm looking at the 8, and I've got yellow and purple for the first two numbers, which are the bottom and the bottom-right of the eight. My third number is cyan, yellow and purple, which are the top of the eigh, and then again the bottom and bottom-right. There are no numbers on the eight that can be made with the yellow and purple that wouldn't include the cyan!

Help?

Make sure to tap each section of the eight and note which colors are associated with them. I needed to use notepad on my computer to keep track. You should also have a poster with colored blocks on it. Using the note feature, draw/fill in the same areas indicated by the poster.

I apologize if none of that made sense; I'm still lost in
laboratory.

RetroMG

That's actually a huge help. I think I'm missing something, so I'm going back and re-exploring. I was just using the colored blocks on the side of the machine, I haven't seen a poster.

EDIT: Ah ha! I hadn't unlocked one of the lockers!

EDIT2: Thank god, now I can sleep. Thanks for the help.

Noi

Right as I mention that it hasn't happened in a while,
Tenmyouji's vote swaps from Betray to Ally in Game 1.
I feel bad now. :(

That's actually a huge help. I think I'm missing something, so I'm going back and re-exploring. I was just using the colored blocks on the side of the machine, I haven't seen a poster.
That's the password for the file pass. The last "shape" for the third number requires you to make a bit of a mental jump to place the number, but it's not too bad. I guessed it on my first try.

... Argh.
I can't find the saline solution the DNA extraction is mentioning. Screw this laboratory!
Did you get EVERYTHING from the back wall?

MarkusRJR

Why is this game so hard to find in stores. :(

And there's an point in the game that could corrupt your save file on the 3DS version? If that's true I'm gonna get the Vita version.

pariah164

Why is this game so hard to find in stores. :(

And there's an point in the game that could corrupt your save file on the 3DS version? If that's true I'm gonna get the Vita version.

Yeah. Thankfully, I managed to avoid the glitch by just not saving AT ALL in that area. I don't have a Vita so it's the 3DS version for me.

Top Bottom