• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Just got K ending. And wow. Blew my mind like no other. Already got Clover and Tenmyouji's ending, but that one was intense - from dead Alice and Luna right after 2nd door, then to asphyxiated Dio - I think I might have enjoyed this one most. Dying to know what happened to Tenmyouji and Clover during that end though. o_o

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just got K ending. And wow. Blew my mind like no other. Already got Clover and Tenmyouji's ending, but that one was intense - from dead Alice and Luna right after 2nd door, then to asphyxiated Dio - I think I might have enjoyed this one most. Dying to know what happened to Tenmyouji and Clover during that end though. o_o

Hahahaha. That is one of my favorite parts.

It's funny because
that moment really blew my mind - and is the first of many to come. I was talking to a friend about the game as I was going through that scene and as soon as Sigma removed K's mask I said something along the lines of WTF!!! HOLY SHIIIIIIIT. Mind forever blown. Serious. I was wondering who K was for the longest time and the real answer was something I never expected. It's no wonder he's such an awesome character ;)))

It gets even crazier from there though :D

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I still don't get it :(
I think he just mixed up the puzzle. In the treatment room
just use the times to move clockwise and anticlockwise minutes first, followed by hours, according to the boardgame. You start counting '1' on the first tile on the upper left.

Busaiku

So I've gotten another "To Be Continued".
Did I make wrong choices during that path (like which room to investigate 1st), or do I just have to go through other paths and then come back.

These are the worst.

Noi

I think he just mixed up the puzzle. In the treatment room
just use the times to move clockwise and anticlockwise minutes first, followed by hours, according to the boardgame. You start counting '1' on the first tile on the upper left.

I did, haha. I just now hit the treatment room, and I realized that I got it confused with another room that deals with
time.
My bad!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Did I make wrong choices during that path (like which room to investigate 1st), or do I just have to go through other paths and then come back.

These are the worst.

Go through other paths and then come back. You'll know when it's time to return.

Noi

These are the worst.
There are no wrong choices. If you hit a lock, you jump back to a previous branch and come back when you have the info to unlock it.

Videoneon

Spoilers and speculation, Yellow Route

Dammit! Even I didn't want to show Dio the Axelavir! WTF Sigma

Scumbag Dio!

I must be on my way to Dio end? It seems like with these Endings, you interact with certain characters more than others. Let's see if I'm right. It should be possible to guess which endings appear...at least in which of the Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow branches. Then again, there is that unholy mess of Magenta routes that I haven't even set foot in yet

edit:

What the hell kind of laugh was that? So Dio is the Ace of this game?

pariah164

AAAAAH.

Spoilers, Yellow door/red door route.

WELP. Once again, Dio is a scumbag. Poor Sigma... I wonder what the trick is to surviving the death combo in the bracelets...

Also, (Magenta/Red route):

Dio's ending. Just. EVERYTHING about Dio's ending. Dafuq did I just read.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Scumbag Dio!

I must be on my way to Dio end? It seems like with these Endings, you interact with certain characters more than others. Let's see if I'm right. It should be possible to guess which endings appear...at least in which of the Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow branches. Then again, there is that unholy mess of Magenta routes that I haven't even set foot in yet

edit:

Dio doesn't even come close to matching the amazing that was Ace.

Noi

Scumbag Dio!

edit:

The magenta Route is... quite something alright. I've done it and the cyan path, and all I've got left is the green door in the yellow path.

That's more or less what you can guess for the endings. The events that happen on the way though... aren't always what you might expect, haha.

pariah164

Avatar changed for great justice.

Also, I wonder why Aksys has no fankit for this like they had for 999... I loved having the high-res images.

Noi

Aaaand Clover (yellow path/green door spoilers)
just remembered the cure for the bracelet poison. (Which we, unsurprisingly, had all along). I knew I could count on her.
:)

EDIT: WTF!?
EVERYONE JUST WENT SUDOKU ON ME, JESUS CHRIST.

EDIT2: Well, that branch
suddenly took a turn and leapt off a precipice for the worse. So much for hoping that Clover end would be...slightly more happy this time around.

And boooo @ the opposite of that branch.
Even when I win, I lose.

kiryogi

Banned
7 hours later. I'm back @ the accursed PEC room. Saved somewhere outside of it as well to make sure and thank god I did. I just crashed at the same spot again, and thankfully it loaded back up proper this time.

That said, it sounds like there's another save file corruption bit in the Crew Quarters as well? The big precaution it sounds like is not save in the puzzle rooms @ all. Seems to be most safe to save in novel sections.

Midou

The gold file in
the infirmary was so satisfying to figure out, I felt like a god damn genius
. Sometimes I end up getting the gold file while trying to figure out the standard escape puzzle, but not that time..

7 hours later. I'm back @ the accursed PEC room. Saved somewhere outside of it as well to make sure and thank god I did. I just crashed at the same spot again, and thankfully it loaded back up proper this time.

That said, it sounds like there's another save file corruption bit in the Crew Quarters as well? The big precaution it sounds like is not save in the puzzle rooms @ all. Seems to be most safe to save in novel sections.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I'm gonna operate until we get word from Aksys. I usually wouldn't stop until I finished the puzzle I'm on anyway, but I'm taking extra precaution.

Anyway, just sunk 5 hours straight into this and I'm already hooked beyond belief. Must sleep now.

Gamespot 8.5.

y9zLK.gif

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
lol crash again, right as I'm about to enter safe combo. WTF :/

D: You just not having any luck at all... Seriously though, Aksys needs to get Chunsoft on the phone and get this patched up lickity split. I wonder how this wasn't caught in testing?

kiryogi

Banned
Wow. You're starting to scare me.

The best thing is, my save file is completely safe from corruption currently as i've saved a bit before that. XD

D: You just not having any luck at all... Seriously though, Aksys needs to get Chunsoft on the phone and get this patched up lickity split. I wonder how this wasn't caught in testing?

Not that i don't have faith in Aksys, but I don't see them releasing some patch on the Nintendo network (Which to date only Mario Kart 7 has?), or maybe it'd be a recall like Card Fighters DS. . . But still :/

RurouniZel

I hope Rising Star Games will heard about this and fix it.

I wonder, could this be why Rising Star us using Aksys's translation, but leaving the dub out? Perhaps the dual-language is causing the issue?

Not that i don't have faith in Aksys, but I don't see them releasing some patch on the Nintendo network (Which to date only Mario Kart 7 has?), or maybe it'd be a recall like Card Fighters DS. . . But still :/

Are there any other 3DS games in the US with game breaking bugs that would need patching?

Volcynika

I always hold my breath when I see the Ally/Betray results. Then there may be a high chance of expletives unleashed when I see them.

Noi

2 endings left. It's 8 AM in the morning and I haven't slept a wink.

Ain't no gettin' off this train I'm on.

TimeKillr

So I don't feel like going through the entire thread like crazy and trying to highlight all the spoilers just so I can get help, so I'm going to ask here, and I'm sorry if it's been discussed anywhere else in the thread.

I'm stuck in a room called the Gaulem Bay.

Essentially, I've gotten the robots to come down on the sides of the room, and their eyes are lit up. I'm positive the pattern of their eyes has to do with the poster I found in the room.

If I arrange the letters in the order of the eyes, I get this:
BEACON
OSFNOE

Now I've tried reversing, doing pretty much every pattern I could, and nothing works. My guess is the BEACON word is correct, but I'm completely stumped for the other word.

I know this will go into the tablet because it's 12 letters and that's what the tablet wants as input, but I'm really, *really* stuck. I've been at this for an hour now this morning.

RurouniZel

So I don't feel like going through the entire thread like crazy and trying to highlight all the spoilers just so I can get help, so I'm going to ask here, and I'm sorry if it's been discussed anywhere else in the thread.

Essentially, I've gotten the robots to come down on the sides of the room, and their eyes are lit up. I'm positive the pattern of their eyes has to do with the poster I found in the room.

BEACON
OSFNOE

Now I've tried reversing, doing pretty much every pattern I could, and nothing works. My guess is the BEACON word is correct, but I'm completely stumped for the other word.

I know this will go into the tablet because it's 12 letters and that's what the tablet wants as input, but I'm really, *really* stuck. I've been at this for an hour now this morning.

You're very close: It should read " Beacon Of Hope"

Noi

BEACON
OSFNOE

You made the same mistake I made originally.

Hint:
You're not looking at the bottom row of robots from the same perspective as the ones in the top row. Are you sure you're correctly looking at the red eyes in the right spots?

Answer:
BEACON
OF HOPE

TimeKillr

You're very close: It should read " Beacon Of Hope"

You made the same mistake I made originally.

Hint:
You're not looking at the bottom row of robots from the same perspective as the ones in the top row. Are you sure you're correctly looking at the red eyes in the right spots?

Answer:
BEACON
OF HOPE

Yeaaaaah, I just saw what my mistake was.

When I reversed the order for the right perspective, I placed one red eye incorrectly, resulting in OFCOPE - the C should become an H if placed correctly.

Thanks guys :)

Lusankya

Oh my god....
I just watched
Luna's...
ending and I think I never cried that much in my life about a fictional character and story I experienced. What a great game...

And I still have to get Phi's and the true end, I wonder if it can get even better (or rather sadder) than Luna's...

Before I continue I need a break though, the last three days were only about VLR.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to open the lockers in the Crew Quarters? I must be so dang stupid because I've been on this for a good hour, changed to easy even, and still can't figure out anything. I have the four cut out symbols and lines from the aluminum foil right now and I know I got the number 2592 from calling Alice and Phi but again, I cannot figure out anything! :(

EDIT: I know I need a tape for the message machine in room 3 and also a coin to scratch off the poster but don't have either of those items nor can I find them. I'm assuming they're in the lockers?

EDIT2: Of course I finally figure things out after posting, and thanks to Necrovex for the heads up. :)

Necrovex

Completed my mid-term, thus I have more time with VLR now! About to hit the nine hour mark, and I am going down
Luna's path
, which should be the middle left path.

But I'm in love with this game. It was hard not to think about it when I saw a Broadway show last night. This could be my GOTY; VLR could even beat my current number one game of year, Katawa Shoujo.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to open the lockers in the Crew Quarters? I must be so dang stupid because I've been on this for a good hour, changed to easy even, and still can't figure out anything. I have the four cut out symbols and lines from the aluminum foil right now and I know I got the number 2592 from calling Alice and Phi but again, I cannot figure out anything! :(

EDIT: I know I need a tape for the message machine in room 3 and also a coin to scratch off the poster but don't have either of those items nor can I find them. I'm assuming they're in the lockers?

I was stuck on the Crew Quarters for more than an hour too. If you go back twenty pages or so, you will see a page dedicated of me being stuck in there. :p

I think I know what part is stopping you. Make sure you cut the aluminum foil multiple time with the box cutter; it is not a one-time deal. Then go to the desk and put each of the patterns in there. Trial and error for those, since I cannot remember the exact patterns. The information will give you access to the lockers, which contain the coin.

pyrandes

Finished K's path last night before hitting the sack. Jeebus that was something. Now that Ive finished thru three character paths, my mind has been speculating about a few things...

Speculation:
K's "father" is Santa, and motherly figure who shows up (and killed) is Akane. Well, very possible they are not exactly them, perhaps clones/gaulems of them. This would explain why the facial recognition scanner worked on Akane's photograph, and why Tenmyouji suddenly looked like he had a gut-punch after seeing the old woman dead.

In fact, I'll one-up it and say that Tenmyouji is possibly Junpei, aged 30-40 years (the infirmary pods line up with this and would explain why Clover/Alice/Sigma can be there aged the same as they were taken, and why Clover cannot contact Snake due to him being possibly dead after that span of time). If we stay on the assumption that we have a 30-40 year span, then K can be explain thru some advanced cloning techniques of Sigma's cells (he's not a gaulem due to being affected by the bracelet in his ending).

Im ready for this bit to be shattered when I finish more playthrus.

Lusankya

I need help for the dice riddle in the white
Q room. I arranged them exactly as they're depicted on the papers and it just won't work. Any tipps? I already listened to the easy hints, but it doesn't help and actually confuses me, because I always managed to get any die to show the side I wanted it to show.

RurouniZel

I need help for the dice riddle in the white
Q room. I arranged them exactly as they're depicted on the papers and it just won't work. Any tipps? I already listened to the easy hints, but it doesn't help and actually confuses me, because I always managed to get any die to show the side I wanted it to show.

This one's a royal bitch. I think the number and the color must match for all 6 spots.

Vibed

Augh, on my first playthrough and
I'm on the center flow route. Dio just blackmailed me, should I ally, or betray him?! Thinking betray, cause then we can find a cure later when we escape (lol, not going to escape this time).

Midou

Oh man, I went back to an alternate path to
betray Luna after they both promised to ally and she said she trusted him, felt so bad

6GlFs.gif

Eusis

I have to admit, I actually LAUGHED at the ending on the far right just at how brazen it was.
Holy shit, you went and cut his damn hand off for the bracelet? Yeah, you're a giant jerk in that ending and they probably think of him as... less than human (and thus plausibly capable of surviving), but wow.

Top Bottom