• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Boy I love watching all these screens of doors opening and closing...

Err... I don't mean to be blunt, it's just pretty repetitive and it doesn't respect the player's time and patience even if the intent is presentation-based.

GSR

Boy I love watching all these screens of doors opening and closing...

Err... I don't mean to be blunt, it's just pretty repetitive and it doesn't respect the player's time and patience even if the intent is presentation-based.

Yeah, this is one of my few objections to the novel section presentation. I get the series has this emphasis on doors, but it starts to wear on you a bit over time.

The map transitions are nice, though them stopping to show the doors/elevators every time sort of kills it.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
On the home stretch! Late game/multiple ending spoilers:

Have all the character endings save Phi's - I'm on the white room that you go to after defusing all the bombs.

So many endings blew my mind... such as the reveal of K's face. :OOOO Though I was kind of surprised by what information opened what locks. Such as how to save Sigma when he had 5 minutes to live. Thought he'd somehow grab the injection gun after seeing Clover's ending, but instead he crushes his hand under the #9 door. O.x

Also... Aluminum foil, really?! That easy, lol.

Alrighty, back to the Q room. Time to orient these dice faces exactly in addition to getting them in the right squares...

Swimsuits never quit. ;)

Busaiku

How in the world was I supposed to find out the Gold File code in the Infirmary?
I cheated on that, but seriously where the heck was I supposed to get a clue for that?
I thought it was "Heart", since there was the defibrillator, but "Found", really? That makes no sense at all.

I searched everything multiple times for like an hour.

Currently stuck in the Gaulem Room. This time I solved the main puzzle, but can't figure out the gold file puzzle.

I have a radio, and I know I need to somehow turn it on. Where the hell is the plug?

Vibed

How in the world was I supposed to find out the Gold File code in the Infirmary?
I cheated on that, but seriously where the heck was I supposed to get a clue for that?
I thought it was "Heart", since there was the defibrillator, but "Found", really? That makes no sense at all.

On the last puzzle where you type the code in, you where supposed to look at the icons on the cloth, check the corresponding icons on the image near the exit, then enter the numbers onto the pad on the shelf to open a drawer with another cloth.

Also for the
Director's Room
to solve the final extra puzzle to get the gold file, I'm supposed to
make a parallelogram
, right? How do I go about doing that?

And was I right on this from the last page?

OK so I solved the puzzle for the
PEC gold file
through what I think was a lucky guess.

Was it
that the first two numbers were ones on their sides, and the third was a seven when connected? I noticed the seven, but I soon dismissed it when the other two numbers were essentially dashes.

pyrandes

Pantry, after solving the last puzzle..

Sigma: I solved the shit out of that puzzle!

Amen brother. I felt the same way.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Currently stuck in the Gaulem Room. This time I solved the main puzzle, but can't figure out the gold file puzzle.

I have a radio, and I know I need to somehow turn it on. Where the hell is the plug?
Next to the computer on the big control console.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Also for the
Director's Room
to solve the final extra puzzle to get the gold file, I'm supposed to
make a parallelogram
, right? How do I go about doing that?

And was I right on this from the last page?

You can solve the tangram by thinking of it like this: http://i.minus.com/iblsKOr7aJ3jEC.jpg Separate the pieces (which are initially arranged into a square) into 2 triangles, rotate them each by 45 degrees clockwise, and then place them together to to get the parallelogram.

Pretty sure those dashes were ones... IIRC, the number for the PEC room file is 117, no?

Yeah, this is one of my few objections to the novel section presentation. I get the series has this emphasis on doors, but it starts to wear on you a bit over time.

The map transitions are nice, though them stopping to show the doors/elevators every time sort of kills it.

Agreed; showing the movement on the map is a nice way to keep the facility layout clear in your head, but the canned door and elevator animations are so unnecessary.

UberTag

On the last puzzle where you type the code in, you where supposed to look at the icons on the cloth, check the corresponding icons on the image near the exit, then enter the numbers onto the pad on the shelf to open a drawer with another cloth.
This has been the only puzzle I've been completely stumped on thus far.

Making the connection between the first sheet and the wall diagram is simple enough. Especially with the 3-number PIN on the drawer still accepting alternate entries and clueing you in to the left drawer being locked and holding a 2nd sheet.

The problem lies in the vague way the first sheet hints at the alternate PIN you're supposed to submit. I was matching up the circled 4 and 5 against the symbols on the wall and adding that to the additional powder, pill, medicine symbols on the sheet. Clearly that was a mistake. The part that threw me off the most is that the position of the powder & pill symbols on the sheet matched up precisely with the wall diagram but the medicine on the sheet corresponds to a pill on the wall and it led to a LOT of unpleasant trial & error despite having logically pieced together everything up until that point.

Considering how expertly intuitive most of the other puzzle solutions have been this stood out as a disappointment.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This game requires an insane suspension of disbelief.
I mean newspapers existing in 2028? Get outta here.
Call me old-fashioned, but I hope newspapers never go away. :v

Yes, I certainly don't mind the map transitions at all, because they work in context. But there's no reason to pause every time you approach a door or elevator to open it. It takes up a lot of time and it's needless (I don't think it's done to mask loading).

Vibed

BIG SPOILERS

So my second playthrough had the entire Tenmyouji route and
boy, never saw the Junpei thing coming. It wasn't confirmed, just heavily implied. However I highlighted the first few words of one of GSR's posts by accident that had "Poor Jumpy" in it right after the I finished the ending, so it's pretty much confirmed. Kinda wish I hadn't done that, because it would have been nice spending a lot of the game thinking, "Is he really...?".

When Sigma went
back to the Director's Room and met Zero, he looks an awful lot like An old version of Snake/Light.

And jeez,
Clover is such a backstabbing bitch. She holds onto her loved ones close, doesn't she?

Tagg9

Ugh, I gave up on getting it from stupid Best Buy Canada. I just went and bought the game from EB.

Funny side story - the clerk asked me about the game, and I eventually convinced her and another shopper to buy it as well! I think they only had 5 copies total.

Busaiku

WHAT THE HECK
It froze on me in the PEC room...

I didn't save or anything...
GAH, I went through an hour or so of dialogue without saving...

This really needs to patched, this is getting ridiculous.
It kicked me out of the game prior, but it was nothing major, since I'd already saved and exited (this was a different part, and can't remember where).

so1337

Got this today. Played nearly two hours straight.

The Japanese voice work is top notch. I'm pretty sure Phi's and Luna's voice actresses also did voice work in Hanasaku Iroha. Also, Zero's voice is goofy as hell. Love it.

This definitely feels like 999 with way better production values which is awesome.

Noi

8126062260_8a3f490e23_z.jpg

End or Beginning.

Bring on Vol. 3.

Noi

Seriously though, I share Kagari's sentiments. Nov/Dec have to have something absolutely amazing come out if they want to dethrone this as my GOTY. I had to blaze through it for the sake of my studies, and I'm sure it's all I'm going to be thinking about for a while.

34:22 on my total playtime, so it's just about right.

That was damn fast, buuuut I'm not surprised. Congrats.

You should do your barebones MMX4 run as a reward, Noi. :p

Maaaaybe. Don't know how I feel about pain as a reward for something though. :p

Halp!

I'm stuck in the
botanical garden. I got the gold file, but can't figure out where I'm supposed to go from here to get the escape password. Is it just doing the stars puzzle in a different order or something?

How on Earth did you get the gold file pass? I got the escape no problem but cannot seem to get the secret one!

Busaiku

Ugh, it took almost 30 minutes just to skip through all the text to get to the point before the PEC room...
And I threw in another 15 minutes that there, that I have to lose again...

DO NOT GET THE 3DS GAME IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE PEOPLE

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Seriously though, I share Kagari's sentiments. Nov/Dec have to have something absolutely amazing come out if they want to dethrone this as my GOTY. I had to blaze through it for the sake of my studies, and I'm sure it's all I'm going to be thinking about for a while.

34:22 on my total playtime, so it's just about right.

Told you it was amazing. Looks like you got the Platinum about an hour's time worth later than I did. I also had to hammer through for the sake of review but now I'm replaying in Japanese.

Gone through the beginning now.

This is definitely a 999 sequel, and it's filling that same feeling for me. Seeing 'Seek a way out' again made me smile.

Liking the characters so far, although I don't know much about any of them. Zero III is hilarious. Being cautious about saves due to all of the discussion about crashes.

Okay, time for the first opinion! SPOILERZ!

Gone with Phi and Alice, decided to trust her. BAM. Encountered the Lock n.4 and tried to Betray Alice to avoid losing points. And... Wow, I wasn't expecting Uchikoshi jumping straight at me right at the beginning! :D Went on and found Alice dead. Now I'll try another door and I'll close the right branch chapter.

The next spoiler is speculation about some things I noticed! There are chances I'm right, so take your risks in reading it!!!

Ok. I played almost every Uchikoshi game and I think I'm starting to know ho he tries to screw with your mind. Sigma: for some reason, we never get to see his face during the game, only during flashbacks. This got me thinking, of course. There are two other things regarding this theory: Phi calls you Grandpa (IIRC) in the beginning. Then, Alice makes an observation about Sigma working for a long time to get his PhD degree. Uhm, is Sigma really who we think he is? Is he maybe... OLDER? Is he really him?
Well, don't confirm nor deny my theory! Cheers!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Wouldn't X6 barebones qualify more as pain instead? :p

Besides, pain isn't so bad. Sometimes the outcome feels good. Er... referring to hard mode and difficulty, of course.

Top Bottom