• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Busaiku

Seriously, the 3DS version is an absolute mess.
You can't even read all of a couple of Gold Files, because the words go off the screen.

What's up with that Aksys?!

I mean the game crashing, I guess it's not all on you guys, but that is just terrible.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Seriously, the 3DS version is an absolute mess.
You can't even read all of a couple of Gold Files, because the words go off the screen.

What's up with that Aksys?!

I mean the game crashing, I guess it's not all on you guys, but that is just terrible.
Perhaps they might issue a statement?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Wow now I crash right as I'm about to enter the code.... This is like game breaking. I can't even clear the room.

Akselius! Belarus! I demand an answer!!!

We're aware of the issue and are currently investigating it on our end.

Hopefully we'll be able to address it once we determine the cause, but for now, the best advice would be to not save in the PEC or potentially any escape rooms for that matter in order to avoid any save data corruption for 3DS users.

Busaiku

We're aware of the issue and are currently investigating it on our end.

Hopefully we'll be able to address it once we determine the cause, but for now, the best advice would be to not save in the PEC or potentially any escape rooms for that matter in order to avoid any save data corruption for 3DS users.

Anything on the Gold Files going off the screen (thus making some parts completely unreadable)?

Clott

Now looking online for what stylus to buy for the Vita, what are you guys using? I need to overnight it so I can start to play.

Aeana

This pantry puzzle has me stumped for the first time in this game.

I don't know where to get the ration boxes for the machine by the safe. I assumed they'd come from the wall on the other side, and I assumed I had to match them up somehow with the calendar I pulled off of the wall, but no matter where I click on the wall, it just describes the arrangement of the boxes; doesn't let me do anything.

Noi

I don't know where to get the ration boxes for the machine by the safe. I assumed they'd come from the wall on the other side, and I assumed I had to match them up somehow with the calendar I pulled off of the wall, but no matter where I click on the wall, it just describes the arrangement of the boxes; doesn't let me do anything.

Use the computer by the wall to enter the dates/numbers and unlock the food boxes, THEN tap the wall to get them.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Now looking online for what stylus to buy for the Vita, what are you guys using? I need to overnight it so I can start to play.
I use this one

First room left path:
how do you put two liquor bottles onto the machine? I placed the glass and one bottle, but when I try to place a second bottle it just switches it for the first one no matter where I click

Busaiku

There's a place where you enter the dates to the right of all the boxes.

pariah164

Just hit the Crew Quarters... Prepare for me peppering you with advice help if it stumps me, since this is another area where I will not save or close my 3DS.

Noi

I use this one

First room left path:
how do you put two liquor bottles onto the machine? I placed the glass and one bottle, but when I try to place a second bottle it just switches it for the first one no matter where I click

There's two types of liquor bottles. The "color" ones (Red, Blue, White) and the "object" ones (Island, Moon, Ocean). You can combine one of either, but not two of the same type.

Videoneon

crew quarters

where is the cassette

how do i open the lockers

what are the shapes on the wall for

i can't.

I don't know if you really want spoilers, but:

I forgot where the cassette was...damn it.

The lockers, the way it works is this: think of the buttons as a 3X3 grid, each space on this grid represents the sum of the vertical and horizontal number that space corresponds to. Hence "+". So for each button, look up, see what number it is, and then go back to that button and look to the left, see what number it is, and then add those two together. No two spaces on any one grid are the same number. For the purposes of the Crew Quarters, it's actually just shuffling of numbers 1-9 I believe.

Just for some light direction, your earlier objectives in this room will be to:

-Open Room 03. This is accomplished by assembling a makeshift key or finding one (forgot, sorry) when you scavenge the rooms. Opening Room 3 helps considerably in understanding the shapes and the Locker Codes
-Test the Speed Dial on the phone in Room 02, or whichever room it is that's unlocked and unoccupied at the start of the puzzle. The speed dial buttons, just to be safe, are the four buttons above the normal set of 12 you use to call people. After testing the buttons out, you'll piece together a 4 digit code, which you will dial...

Also.

What the FUCK.

I went into the Director's Room. Tenmyoji had a picture of, I'm sure I recognize, Akane.

And "I've been looking for her for a long time"? Bow howdy I remember when Clover said Junpei was looking for Akane after the second Nonary game was over...

You've got to be kidding.

...Junpei? It explains how he "trusts" Clover...but obviously...CLOVER is a major issue here? Was she...frozen? That can't be though, the time doesn't work out. But she said her body was weird...

Noi

What the FUCK.

I went into the Director's Room. Tenmyoji had a picture of, I'm sure I recognize, Akane.

And "I've been looking for her for a long time"? Bow howdy I remember when Clover said Junpei was looking for Akane after the second Nonary game was over...

...Junpei? It explains how he "trusts" Clover...but obviously...CLOVER is a major issue here? Was she...frozen? That can't be though, the time doesn't work out. But she said her body was weird...

hee hee

Feep

Banned
About nine hours in.

The writing is great, but some of these scenarios are annoying. These characters are obviously intelligent, having worked out the payoff matrices and situational quirks on the Ambidex game, but whenever characters are like, "We *need* you to choose ally. We'll pick it too, we promise!", and it becomes this clusterfuck of trust and points, JUST STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE ROOMS. Both parties stay outside, no chance of betrayal.

The default should have been "betray/betray", for no net gain of points. Or random, or automatic deduction of BP, or something.

Busaiku

The writing is great, but some of these scenarios are annoying. These characters are obviously intelligent, having worked out the payoff matrices and situational quirks on the Ambidex game, but whenever characters are like, "We *need* you to choose ally. We'll pick it too, we promise!", and it becomes this clusterfuck of trust and points, JUST STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE ROOMS. Both parties stay outside, no chance of betrayal.

You gotta keep playing.

Noi

About nine hours in.

The default should have been "betray/betray", for no net gain of points. Or random, or automatic deduction of BP, or something.

...Are you sure you're nine hours in?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Uchikoshi thought of everything, huh?

All right, off I go. = D

This scenario was never brought up, so far as I can remember. I went
yellow -> ally -> red -> (ally and betray), yellow -> ally -> blue -> ally
thus far.
It should have been mentioned by now I think.

pyrandes

Also.

What the FUCK.

buahahahaha.

Noi

Uchikoshi thought of everything, huh?

All right, off I go. = D

This scenario was never brought up, so far as I can remember. I went
yellow -> ally -> red -> (ally and betray), yellow -> ally -> blue -> ally
thus far.

Then it should have already been brought up that what you want them to do can't be done.
If neither the pair or solo vote, they ALL get penalized. This is always established after you take the second pair of CD's in the safe for whatever room you opened.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
There's two types of liquor bottles. The "color" ones (Red, Blue, White) and the "object" ones (Island, Moon, Ocean). You can combine one of either, but not two of the same type.
Oh I see, don't know how I missed those. Also heheh,
Phi's a drinker huh

Feep

Banned
Then it should have already been brought up that what you want them to do can't be done.
If neither the pair or solo vote, they ALL get penalized. This is always established after you take the second pair of CD's in the safe for whatever room you opened.
What CD's? There haven't been any CD's thus far...just some memory cards here and there...

kiryogi

Banned
So does anyone know if the safe passwords work on the same save file or its different each time? Im plotting to get the safe passwords than leap back to a previous point on the flow chart and make my way back there. Because at this point, I've memorized every single aspect of how to solve the PEC room, and that doesn't help much. . . Ran into another crash accessing the first color puzzle ;-;

pariah164

Hmm...

So, I cut the tinfoil, put it in the appropriate glass desks. I opened all the beds. I opened all the lockers I can, but I still need a key for the one in room one. I scratched off the bikini lady poster and got the code from there... I put the cassette into the answering machine in room three, but it won't let me listen... Not sure where to go from here.

Noi

What CD's? There haven't been any CD's thus far...just some memory cards here and there...

I should stop using the abbreviations, haha.
Chromatic Doors, lol. They get abbreviated to CD here and there.

So does anyone know if the safe passwords work on the same save file or its different each time? Im plotting to get the safe passwords than leap back to a previous point on the flow chart and make my way back there. Because at this point, I've memorized every single aspect of how to solve the PEC room, and that doesn't help much. . . Ran into another crash accessing the first color puzzle ;-;

Once you have a safe password, it's permanent for as many times as you replay a puzzle room. You can literally just go into an escape room, look up the password in the archives and leave.

Edit: Oh, you mean before you get them. THAT I'm not sure about...

pariah164

The safe passwords switch around from what I've heard. On the plus side, all the puzzles solve the same except for the door in the treatment center.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Randomly generated.

Feep

Banned
I should stop using the abbreviations, haha.
Chromatic Doors, lol. They get abbreviated to CD here and there.
Well, that's weird.
I've been to both the blue and red doors, and don't remember this at all...oh well.
Guess I suck at reading.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...Sigma, you so dirty.

I was hoping you could just wrap your hands around it and give it a good jerk. It is kinda big, but I'm sure you can handle it. Just... be gentle. :V
Bahahahaha, some of the stuff in here is better than the 999
elevator scene just because of how blunt it is.

edit: oh christ it gets worse lololol

Alright, Sigma's cool in my book now.

Letep

I had both versions arrive today, and I sent back the Vita version already figuring having two copies was excessive.

Now I read about the 3DS glitch and I'm bummed. I really want to keep the 3DS version, and play through it, to keep the continuity alongside my copy of 999 for DS.

Is it totally game breaking?

pariah164

... I thought
I typed in the right passcode for the first locker... What is it, just so I can double check?

EDIT:
Okay, I have tried every combo of six numbers I can think of. WTF. Why can I not get this locker open?
HALP.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
From this thread, it sounds it was ultimately a good decision that I got the Vita version.

Fancy that.

Also, I think the capacitive touch screen works great with puzzles. Very happy with my purchase.

AniHawk

I don't know if you really want spoilers, but:

I forgot where the cassette was...damn it.

The lockers, the way it works is this: think of the buttons as a 3X3 grid, each space on this grid represents the sum of the vertical and horizontal number that space corresponds to. Hence "+". So for each button, look up, see what number it is, and then go back to that button and look to the left, see what number it is, and then add those two together. No two spaces on any one grid are the same number. For the purposes of the Crew Quarters, it's actually just shuffling of numbers 1-9 I believe.

Just for some light direction, your earlier objectives in this room will be to:

-Open Room 03. This is accomplished by assembling a makeshift key or finding one (forgot, sorry) when you scavenge the rooms. Opening Room 3 helps considerably in understanding the shapes and the Locker Codes
-Test the Speed Dial on the phone in Room 02, or whichever room it is that's unlocked and unoccupied at the start of the puzzle. The speed dial buttons, just to be safe, are the four buttons above the normal set of 12 you use to call people. After testing the buttons out, you'll piece together a 4 digit code, which you will dial...

thanks. i got all that. it's just the very first part is the thing i'm missing.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I have made SURE I added them up right. From what I see, the passcode is 1689, but the locker goes 'lol nope''
Ohhh, you're at that part.
Remember how one of the foils made shapes and the orientation of those shapes? think of those shapes while putting the numbers on the poster together. (you're reading them upside down; the six and nine are flipped)

AniHawk

From this thread, it sounds it was ultimately a good decision that I got the Vita version.

Fancy that.

Also, I think the capacitive touch screen works great with puzzles. Very happy with my purchase.

also the motion controls suck really hard on a machine with a hinge.

Top Bottom