• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Noi

Stumped in a garden...

I'm in B Garden, and I'm on the scale thing. What do I do with the coins? I have already flubbed it up twice. Also, where do I find the key for the tombstone?

You use the scale to figure out the weight of each coin, then arrange them in proper order somewhere else. The tombstone doesn't quite come into play... but don't do what I did and fail to notice that the scale itself has a drawer you can pull open.
:V

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Finally got the game, at the infirmary for my first room....

thoughts on the characters so far (mostly 999 conjecture, don't read if you don't want 999 spoiled):
It's pretty obvious to me at least that the game wants us to think that Luna is Akane and Zero, the creator of Zero III, and that K, the masked man, is Seven. But I wonder if these are red herrings...

Also, Zero III is hilarious.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Arg.
I have had to reset the game a couple times already; I don't want to have this game on easy. >T

If you're having trouble with the puzzles, save right before the puzzle, solve it on easy then reload your save and solve it on hard.

Feep

Banned
You guys suck! The extra rules concerning
the penalty being assessed if neither party votes in an Ambidex game
were ONLY found in the Treatment Room, which I had not yet explored. So shut up! :p

pariah164

I guess I don't understand what I'm supposed to solve. I keep getting a FAILED message. I know that the green is heaviest and the red is lightest...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
were ONLY found in the Treatment Room, which I had not yet explored. So shut up! :p

Whoops, sorry Feep. At least it wasn't one of the much bigger spoilers you'll uncover later.

I guess I don't understand what I'm supposed to solve. I keep getting a FAILED message. I know that the green is heaviest and the red is lightest...

You need to compare the coins... if you did the
archive room weight puzzle with the dice it's somewhat similar. It's a matter of finding a control coin and measuring the others against it - or at least that's what I did.

Noi

So sorry that
you took one of the very few paths were the party you take with you aren't the ones who find the extra rules page.
:p

So, I'm stumped. In the crew quarters and
I've got the gold file, but I can't figure out what to do to get the other password. I've tried just about every combination I can think of for re-opening locker 2, but I'm stumped.

I'll probably feel like an idiot at whatever the solution is.

So, I'm stumped. In the crew quarters and
I've got the gold file, but I can't figure out what to do to get the other password. I've tried just about every combination I can think of for re-opening locker 2, but I'm stumped.

I'll probably feel like an idiot at whatever the solution is.

Think upside-down.

Roto13

I miss having a button to cycle through my inventory quickly.

I'd also like there to be some kind of indicator of when I can skip dialogue.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That was the best bad end I've gotten so far. (I'm going out of my way to get these; dunno if they matter or not):
hey guys this guy has 9 bp, so let's cut his air supply and cut his arm off because we're just as dickish as the guy we're going on a witch hunt for! wait, we're not complete assholes, let's give him anesthesia so he doesn't notice it until he wakes up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That was the best bad end I've gotten so far. (I'm going out of my way to get these; dunno if they matter or not):
hey guys this guy has 9 bp, so let's cut his air supply and cut his arm off because we're just as dickish as the guy we're going on a witch hunt for! wait, we're not complete assholes, let's give him anesthesia so he doesn't notice it until he wakes up.

Poor Swagma :(

Midou

I miss having a button to cycle through my inventory quickly.

I'd also like there to be some kind of indicator of when I can skip dialogue.

Just hit the button and if it skips, you can skip. :p

At least we aren't doing each puzzle half a dozen times..

Noi

You'll notice, if you haven't already, that Sigma has the absolute worst luck when it comes to the 9 door. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Gosh I dunno about that...

Luna's hitting on Sigma as we speak.

Edit:
Nevermind. I didn't know she was into robots.

Think upside-down.

Still not working.
I've tried entering those numbers forwards, backwards, upside down, and in just about every other way I can think of. I feel like I must be missing something obvious, but I can't figure out what.

Edit: Except for that one thing I didn't try. Now I feel especially dumb.

I'm stuck in the security room.

The puzzle implies I can delete unneeded words, but there's... no option. There's not even a SUBMIT ANSWER button. What the fuck am I supposed to do?

Busaiku

God fucking damnit... I can't believe I miss shit like that.

Yeah, I was stuck on that for like an hour.
And then it took me like 15 minutes to figure out that, you can move words to the black screens.

Oh, also, I missed a file in the Rec Room, can someone help me with that?
I got the Billiards and Darts poster, but how do I get the 3rd thing?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, I was stuck on that for like an hour.
And then it took me like 15 minutes to figure out that, you can move words to the black screens.

Oh, also, I missed a file in the Rec Room, can someone help me with that?
I got the Billiards and Darts poster, but how do I get the 3rd thing?

What do you mean third thing? Did you get the allen wrench from the armor and combine it with the pool stick?

Busaiku

What do you mean third thing? Did you get the allen wrench from the armor and combine it with the pool stick?

I did it a while ago (like 2 days), so I can't remember that well, but I should have.
I never figured out what to do with the stage lights though. I think this was related to the pool stick, but I managed to get the pool stick and wrench skipping all that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I did it a while ago (like 2 days), so I can't remember that well, but I should have.
I never figured out what to do with the stage lights though. I think this was related to the pool stick, but I managed to get the pool stick and wrench skipping all that.

It was related to that yes. So you need the wrench, combine it with the pool stick... go to the Zero III ride and use the wrench to get the coins. Use the coin on the ride and get the photo. The numbers you need for the juke box are on the paper.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
In the Pantry...

I have no clue what Water combinations to fill up the bottles with...

Busaiku

It was related to that yes. So you need the wrench, combine it with the pool stick... go to the Zero III ride and use the wrench to get the coins. Use the coin on the ride and get the photo. The numbers you need for the juke box are on the paper.

No, see I already did that.
I completed the room and got the Gold File too.
It's just I'm missing 1 single thing between the stuff in that room and the next room.

I think every other room has 3 files or whatever, but I only got 2 that time.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
No, see I already did that.
I completed the room and got the Gold File too.
It's just I'm missing 1 single thing between the stuff in that room and the next room.

I think every other room has 3 files or whatever, but I only got 2 this time.

Er... not every room has the same amount of items in the safe.

In the Pantry...

I have no clue what Water combinations to fill up the bottles with...

You need to do trial and error and test water with the pH thing. The types you need are on the label of the containers you should have collected from the machine by the ice machine.

Busaiku

Er... not every room has the same amount of items in the safe.

Not safe items, like the hint files and whatever.
It's just that there's only one space with ????? (after the
Darts Poster
), and then the next room's items appear.
Not sure what item that ?????? is supposed to be.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Not safe items, like the hint files and whatever.
It's just that there's only one space with ????? (after the
Darts Poster
), and then the next room's items appear.
Not sure what item that ?????? is supposed to be.

You mean under File? If you got everything in the room it doesn't really matter. The gold files will give you everything you need in the Secrets section.

Leeness

Finally started playing. Laughing so hard at Zero III. Wow.

Anyway, few hours in, went through the magenta door first. Finished that area and am now looking to move into AMBIDEX GAAAAAAAME ROUND 2.

GSR

Just got a hang in the
Archives
, when I tried to
open the footlocker.
Music and visual effects are still going, but it won't take any input.

so I'm at the part where I chose
ally Alice then finished the Botanica Garden area and it says "to be continued" after the segment. My question is, after that segment do I choose any other path afterward? or is there a specific segment I should choose next (the fork). The reason why I asked was I saved before I chose to betray alice and chose both options via reload to see the reactions and they are different from "to be continued" version

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I got the them all, but the latter was only like a room item, and not a ????? slot.

I had no idea how to do this, I just kept getting the same message after
I unlocked it, simply saying I unlocked it.

Try clicking on the bottom left and bottom right of that cabinet, it should zoom in on the wheels which have buttons that you press to unlock them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
so I'm at the part where I chose
ally Alice then finished the Botanica Garden area and it says "to be continued" after the segment. My question is, after that segment do I choose any other path afterward? or is there a specific segment I should choose next (the fork). The reason why I asked was I saved before I chose to betray alice and chose both options via reload to see the reactions and they are different from "to be continued" version

Go back to where your paths branched off and continue from there. The TBCs can only be completed once you find the necessary information in other paths.

Top Bottom