• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Busaiku

Try clicking on the bottom left and bottom right of that cabinet, it should zoom in on the wheels which have buttons that you press to unlock them.

Yeah, that's what I did, but I never got anything after doing that.
Wherever I clicked on the thing, it would always take me back to that bottom party and just say
that it was unlocked already
and not do anything afterwards.

Go back to where your paths branched off and continue from there. The TBCs can only be completed once you find the necessary information in other paths.

Thanks for the tip.

This game is so far my goty. Sadly its probably not the best game I played this year so far but there is enough room for that to change.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's what I did, but I never got anything after doing that.
Wherever I clicked on the thing, it would always take me back to that bottom party and just say
that it was unlocked already
and not do anything afterwards.

Hmm... So you haven't gotten the "we're moving the cabinet" cutscene? Did you unlock all 4 wheels (2 on the left, 2 on the right)?

pariah164

(Spoilers for Cyan/Blue Door, Ally path)

HOW.

HOW THE FUCK COULD ALICE CHOOSE 'BETRAY'. I CAN'T EVEN.

I'm just. f;flsakdjf losing my ever loving shit right now.

Busaiku

Hmm... So you haven't gotten the "we're moving the cabinet" cutscene? Did you unlock all 4 wheels (2 on the left, 2 on the right)?

No, didn't get that. I only got 2 wheels. Regardless of where I clicked, I kept getting directed to those 2 wheels.

lCNjQjOBVS3Bq

maybe some day when i manage to beat my borderlands addiction i'll get around to playing it :(

MooMoo

I need help with the room
director's office
with nearing the ending of the game major major spoilers
figuring out the ID and/or PW. I've already finished all the other timelines but one. Already discovered Akane (?!?!?!!??! AND WTF SIGMA IS PART ROBOT) is the dead woman and the password is jumpydoll. But I'm having a hard time with the ID. I tried the ID that Phi tries, "Kurashiki", as well as the two IDs obtained from the other timelines (Luna gives you one of them, can't remember who gave the other but I wrote it down!). So I'm guessing I either misread/miswrote down the IDs or I'm missing something entirely. The only other timeline that I haven't done is the one where you have to find the zeroth bomb, but I'm locked out of that one right now (which tbh is kind of frustrating, given that unless the timelines are inconsistent then Sigma should already know where it is. Oh well haha).

Going down the rightmost path, just finished the control room and got to
where Quark tries to commit suicide. Besides being disturbing, what he says certainly open up... suggestive potential implications. I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to read out of statements like "I have to get out of this body!"

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
No, didn't get that. I only got 2 wheels. Regardless of where I clicked, I kept getting directed to those 2 wheels.

If you rotate the camera to a certain angle, you should be able to click the right side of the cabinet which'll take you to the other set of wheels. It's kind of a skinny area though since only a little bit is sticking out beyond the shelf and is a little finicky, so it's probably easy to miss. :X

Considering how often I've missed stuff clicking around (especially in the Laboratory... that one shelf, wtf), a highlight-nearby-hotspots function would have been reallllly nice.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
director's office
figuring out the ID and/or PW. I've already finished all the other timelines but one. Already discovered Akane (?!?!?!!??! AND WTF SIGMA IS PART ROBOT) is the dead woman and the password is jumpydoll. But I'm having a hard time with the ID. I tried the ID that Phi tries, "Kurashiki", as well as the two IDs obtained from the other timelines (Luna gives you one of them, can't remember who gave the other but I wrote it down!). So I'm guessing I either misread/miswrote down the IDs or I'm missing something entirely. The only other timeline that I haven't done is the one where you have to find the zeroth bomb, but I'm locked out of that one right now (which tbh is kind of frustrating, given that unless the timelines are inconsistent then Sigma should already know where it is. Oh well haha).

The ID is the one Luna gave you during Sigma's ending.

Noi

director's office

Luna gives you the ID in the Sigma ending. K gives you the password in his ending.

MooMoo

The ID is the one Luna gave you during Sigma's ending.

Luna gives you the ID in the Sigma ending. K gives you the password in his ending.
Ah thanks. I should have just tried doing that for the heck of it. I figured since the back of the card says you know what, then that would have been the answer so I mentally locked out trying to use both of those results together.

Going down the rightmost path, just finished the control room and got to
where Quark tries to commit suicide. Besides being disturbing, what he says certainly open up... suggestive potential implications. I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to read out of statements like "I have to get out of this body!"

yeah...that was the first story path I chose and I was like..."ehhhh?"

Esura

Banned
Note to self, never trust a half naked pink haired girl.... :(

I swear
Phi and Luna seem to be one of the few trustworthy characters in the game...

pariah164

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where I can find high-res artwork of each character? I have some fanart that needs doing... Namely, drawing some of the Ace Attorney cast as VLR characters. >_>

Really loving the story so far, and I like how it's standing on its own while also hitting all the notes that 999 hit for me.

The first AB section
where Sigma starts freaking out and having a vision of him and Phi. My first real 'wtf' moment of the game so far

Enjoying finding out more about each of these characters. The atmosphere is building things up nicely, and I'm once again impressed with the usage of music in this game. Some great stuff here.

pariah164

Spoilers for Cyan/Blue Door, Ally/Betray path.

So, Alice's end... We get confirmation Dio is a rightly insane bastard, and we are killed by BIG bombs and not intestine bombs. Lovely.

Eusis

That was the best bad end I've gotten so far. (I'm going out of my way to get these; dunno if they matter or not):
hey guys this guy has 9 bp, so let's cut his air supply and cut his arm off because we're just as dickish as the guy we're going on a witch hunt for! wait, we're not complete assholes, let's give him anesthesia so he doesn't notice it until he wakes up.
Yeah, that's the one I mentioned in an earlier post. I was dumbstruck, then laughed at just how absurdly sadistic it really was.

Esura

Banned
Need help in the Director's Office puzzle in Tenmougli's path.

I have no clue what order these business cards supposed to go in even with the files I found.

EDIT: NVM got it after crying a bit and thinking it over. :(

Esura

Banned
Got my first "To be continued..."

This game cray.

I'm getting tired of that to be honest. I could of completed like 5 endings by now if it wasn't for these bullshit road blocks. Damn, I was gonna do the other routes anyways, they didn't have to put those TBC on almost every route.

Lusankya

Completely finished the game just now and it's easily in my top 5 of all time. Probably the game with the best story and characters I ever played.

I hope the creator will answer all questions about the game like he did for 999. While I understood the story, there are still some things I'd like to know in greater detail.

FFFF-

Okay. Where is the bloody lever I need for the control room power panel? I have tapped all over this damn room.

That got me for a while too.
There's a set of levers you can interact with in the room. Another puzzle involving the compass and protractor will tell you how you need to interact with them to get what you need.

pariah164

That got me for a while too.
There's a set of levers you can interact with in the room. Another puzzle involving the compass and protractor will tell you how you need to interact with them to get what you need.

I got the compass and the protractor, but where is this lever set?

Edit: Ah, you got it.

Okay, found the lever set, got the lever I need... Cannot figure out the power panel to save my damn life.

The power panel is basically a matter of sitting down and doing some arithmetic to figure out what distributions of voltage will lead to the desired results at the bottom. You can also use trial-and-error if it comes to that - pulling the switch will cause a green light to appear underneath anything at the bottom receiving the right amount of voltage.

pariah164

Edit: Ah, you got it.

The power panel is basically a matter of sitting down and doing some arithmetic to figure out what distributions of voltage will lead to the desired results at the bottom. You can also use trial-and-error if it comes to that - pulling the switch will cause a green light to appear underneath anything at the bottom receiving the right amount of voltage.

I can't keep track. I try using a pencil and paper and I keep mis-writing. I'm very much a failget when it comes to math.

pariah164

Okay, I eventually figured it out. But now I need the hidden file password. I don't know how to get it. All I have in my inventory is the clipboard.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Clover's Ending spoilers. what the hell.

So she's part of the Department of Defense officially?! wat. Snake I can believe, Clover doing it competently, well... And if I didn't know that "esper" was an actual word, I'd be cracking an FF6 joke right now, but it's too bad that my brain's getting in the way.

And Alice is part of the DoD too. Well, I kinda saw that coming after the few routes I played, but if I read that right after finishing 999, I would've been surprised.

And poor ol' Junpei looking around for Akane.

Also, wtf, it can't end like this, man. What the hell just happened?

pariah164

So she's part of the Department of Defense officially?! wat. Snake I can believe, Clover doing it competently, well... And if I didn't know that "esper" was an actual word, I'd be cracking an FF6 joke right now, but it's too bad that my brain's getting in the way.

And Alice is part of the DoD too. Well, I kinda saw that coming after the few routes I played, but if I read that right after finishing 999, I would've been surprised.

Radical-6 is a hell of a virus. THAT is what happened. And Clover IS smart; she's good at math, and proved that in 999.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, absolute left-most route spoiler
was clutching the edge of my seat waiting for a bad end based on the flowchart, but then suddenly the rest of the chart appears and I'm only half done

So far I feel like the suspense is better than 999 even though you're not in a sinking ship this time

Noi

heeeeee.

Clover had to have a fittingly grizzly farewell, of course~

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Radical-6 is a hell of a virus. THAT is what happened. And Clover IS smart; she's good at math, and proved that in 999.
Talk about virulence! Daaaaamn.

heeeeee.

Clover had to have a fittingly grizzly farewell, of course~
I honestly thought she was the one who found an axe somewhere and murdered everyone due to the virus fuzzying up her brain until I scanned the models on the floor for hers.:lol

Roland

I'm playing this on Vita and I have the novel parts set to advance automatically. It's really annoying me that the Vita's screen dims after a minute or so. Is there anyway of keeping the screen bright without tapping the buttons or moving the analog sticks? The settings for standby is at 10 minutes so that's not it.

Koroviev

I'm playing this on Vita and I have the novel parts set to advance automatically. It's really annoying me that the Vita's screen dims after a minute or so. Is there anyway of keeping the screen bright without tapping the buttons or moving the analog sticks? The settings for standby is at 10 minutes so that's not it.

Same issue here. It'd be nice if the Vita made exceptions for when you're in-game :|

AniHawk

just reached a 'to be continued' hey, i'm on my way to a true ending on my first try! in your face, space coyote!

not as intriguing as 999 until literally just now. went to the ab room and chose to betray alice and the dialogue is reflecting that she betrayed me last time.

what the fuck is going on.

Busaiku

So the 1 rule of the Zero Escape series that cannot be broken is...
The least dressed person must die in every single route that isn't the true end?

Still gotta go down the 3rd branch to know for sure, it definitely seems like it'll hold true.

kiryogi

Banned
Whelp. Got the
Tenmyouji ending. I'm pretty mixed. Guy still betrayed me, but hearing his full backstory was definitely an eye opener. . . And whats with the photo of Akane? . . . Oh my god the ties that await. On another note, super neat that actual Zero is voiced by Akio Otsuka <3

Finally on what seems to be the "True" path, and yet I'm at a loss for how to proceed in the white Q room. Phenomenal name by the way. But how do I do this? The explanation confused me still.

Completely finished the game just now and it's easily in my top 5 of all time. Probably the game with the best story and characters I ever played.

I hope the creator will answer all questions about the game like he did for 999. While I understood the story, there are still some things I'd like to know in greater detail.

reqWz.gif

Finished the game about four months ago, but I still come to this topic everyday to see how you guys react to all the plot twists and puzzles that are thrown at you. Really thrilled to see how much love this game is getting :).

Top Bottom