• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The one in Alice's route that requires me to decode a long string of letters by using the long string of numbers that I got from Dio's route.
Ohh shit. The trick to that one was to solve it while the string of numbers you needed were still on screen.
The answer is COMPLETED I think.
I'm not at home to check.

pariah164

Archiiiives.

I have all the odd-colored books out, I weighed all the dice, and collected all the stuff off the desk. I deduced that the red die is lightest and the green is the heaviest, with blue in the middle. Now, I know to put the books back I need to use the console, but it needs an SD card from the look of it. Is it in that lock box? I tried 5 * 5 * 5 (50), but that didn't open it. :T Confused.
Some tips would be great. And no, I can't save, set the puzzle to easy, then quit and reload. Trying NOT to save in puzzle rooms since I have the 3DS version.

Qblivion

Archiiiives.

I have all the odd-colored books out, I weighed all the dice, and collected all the stuff off the desk. I deduced that the red die is lightest and the green is the heaviest, with blue in the middle. Now, I know to put the books back I need to use the console, but it needs an SD card from the look of it. Is it in that lock box? I tried 5 * 5 * 5 (50), but that didn't open it. :T Confused.
Some tips would be great. And no, I can't save, set the puzzle to easy, then quit and reload. Trying NOT to save in puzzle rooms since I have the 3DS version.

You know which one is heaviest and lightest, but how much do they actually weigh?

How are we supposed to handle the locks? Is it best to just save them for after you've cleared the whole board or is it okay to open them as soon as the game tells you that you can?

Also, (possibly big spoilers)
is there any particular reason why I should avoid K's route/save it for the end? I keep hearing people talking about a big twist and such in it, and I like to save those big MEGATON routes for the end. I've gone through all of the Tenmyouji door (up to the two locks, one is open but one isn't), Clover's route, and I went through what I assume is the Phi route (just the entire far left) up until it takes you to the Director's Room and asks for the password.

Busaiku

Wait, so I chose Alice for the 1st option,
and I saw stuff that was probably the ending of the Luna/Ally 3 times route.
Is that normal, or only just cause I went through all the prior routes (I'm going left to right)? Also, I still haven't been able to complete any routes in full, besides
Dio and Clover
, so still confusing that I'm seeing stuff.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wait, so I chose Alice for the 1st option,
and I saw stuff that was probably the ending of the Luna/Ally 3 times route.
Is that normal, or only just cause I went through all the prior routes (I'm going left to right)? Also, I still haven't been able to complete any routes in full, besides
Dio and Clover
, so still confusing that I'm seeing stuff.
It's normal, yes.

Dude,
the orientation of the entire board is wrong. Left in the picture is also left on the board
I got it in the end. I had originally tried it that way, but I think I was a row off, hence I tried it that way in the picture.

Just a clarification about the ending,
The person talking through K/Ken, is the player, right?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I got it in the end. I had originally tried it that way, but I think I was a row off, hence I tried it that way in the picture.

Just a clarification about the ending,
The person talking through K/Ken, is the player, right?
Yes.
It's Kyle btw.

Just got my first to be continued. Very intense.

After going through the garden, I had Quark and Alice both infected, and no way to save them both. Desperate to find out what happens next, but for now I'm going down another route.

The game is definitely starting to pile on all of the various crazy concepts, much like 999. I can't wait to see how everything will tie together.

kewlmyc

So I'm playing the furthermost left route
(the one where you team up and ally with Luna the entire way
, and have hit a road block.

Sigma has a flashback with the words "Memento Mori, Remember Death" constantly popping up, then it asks me for a password. If I exit out, I get a "TO BE CONTINUED". Am I supposed to know this password (constantly entering Memento, Mori, and Death are getting me nowhere), or am I supposed to play other routes in order to find it out?

Also...
In the GAULEM Bay room, I'm missing an archive. I got the gold file and got out of the room, but I ended up guessing at the solution to the radio. Anyone mind telling how you actually found the solution to the radio problem since I bet that is the archive I'm missing.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I friggin hate
the scenario locks
. I wanna get a legit ending already dammit. :(

Eusis

So I'm playing the furthermost left route
(the one where you team up and ally with Luna the entire way
, and have hit a road block.

Sigma has a flashback with the words "Memento Mori, Remember Death" constantly popping up, then it asks me for a password. If I exit out, I get a "TO BE CONTINUED". Am I supposed to know this password (constantly entering Memento, Mori, and Death are getting me nowhere), or am I supposed to play other routes in order to find it out?

Also...
In the GAULEM Bay room, I'm missing an archive. I got the gold file and got out of the room, but I ended up guessing at the solution to the radio. Anyone mind telling how you actually found the solution to the radio problem since I bet that is the archive I'm missing.
First part: Yeah, sounds like you just need to
explore other routes for now.

Second part: There is
a name tag in the left closet next to where you set the radio, and a binder in the closet on the right. I forget where exactly you find it, but there's a list of IDs and Hz that you use to piece the puzzle together.

Yes.
It's Kyle btw.
I'll be honest, that particular twist might have gone over my head if I wasn't already familiar with the writer's style. As for K... derp. I feel stupid now, lol.

Completed all the puzzles on hard and got the gold files, so are the incomplete archives on some of the puzzles basically "clues" or hints that I missed? I suppose I had previously assumed that referred just to getting gold or silver.

pariah164

Okay, so the red die is 50, the green die is 100, and theblue die is 150. So why does 12500 not unlock the lock? It's blue + green * red.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'll be honest, that particular twist might have gone over my head if I wasn't already familiar with the writer's style. As for K... derp. I feel stupid now, lol.

Completed all the puzzles on hard and got the gold files, so are the incomplete archives on some of the puzzles basically "clues" or hints that I missed? I suppose I had previously assumed that referred just to getting gold or silver.
Only YOU can change the future. Etc. Akane definitely emphasized that ;)

K's reveal/history still blows my mind... goddamn, Uchikoshi.

MechaX

I'm about an hour into the game now.

Oh man, Zero's voice acting is just adorable. Everybody else sounds good too. I feel like the VAs really add more to the experience this time around.

Also, I am quite surprised that Clover
is spooked over the fact that she is in a second Nonary Game, but... is for the most part not as bothered about it as I would have expected, especially given the events of 999 and what she knows about the Nonary Game/Zero/etc.
I chose to pair up with Alice because I'm especially curious about her.

So I imagine I can just bumble my way to a bad end for my first time through, not consulting guides or anything, and then use guides to get the true ending? Or does the game make doing such a bit easier this time around?

Noi

Oh man, Zero's voice acting is just adorable. Everybody else sounds good too. I feel like the VAs really add more to the experience this time around.

is spooked over the fact that she is in a second Nonary Game, but... is for the most part not as bothered about it as I would have expected, especially given the events of 999 and what she knows about the Nonary Game/Zero/etc.

So I imagine I can just bumble my way to a bad end for my first time through, not consulting guides or anything, and then use guides to get the true ending? Or does the game make doing such a bit easier this time around?

You don't need to use guides at all. The flowchart makes it so you always know where everything is/what you''re missing.

Also, I hope you guys deeper into the game realize that, when you zoom in on the flowchart squares, they give you extra info like what difficulty you''ve beaten an escape room in, how many files did you get it in, and more importantly, if any novel sections have critical info that you need to open other locks, like passwords and junk.

Roto13

You have a flowchart to keep track of what decisions you've made and where. And you can use it to jump back to any escape, novel section, or decision point, meaning you won't have to do the same puzzles over and over again this time. It's wonderful. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I friggin hate
the scenario locks
. I wanna get a legit ending already dammit. :(
Hmmm...

Am I... actually ahead of you in a trophy chase? I'm kinda shocked, really. This is the first time something like that has ever happened because you're always so much faster than I am...

But to be fair, what I'm doing is:
-I'm using my normal reading speed. I don't wait for the voice actors to say the lines. I've stopped waiting on them to say what I've already read. Er... though my normal reading speed is pretty fast...
-As soon as I unlock a lock, I go back and get it.
-I use the skip function as much as possible. I don't need to hear the same info twice.
-I don't sleep.
-keep a pen/buncha higlighters/paper at your side at all times. Put the game in sleep mode so you could do the puzzle on the paper and then proceed to do it in-game.

Probably a bunch of other stuff. The straight arithmetic, you can easily do in your head. Don't need no calculator/paper.

Alright, I'm starting the left paths now.

Koroviev

Hmmm...

Am I... actually ahead of you in a trophy chase? I'm kinda shocked, really. This is the first time something like that has ever happened.

-I'm using my normal reading speed. I don't wait for the voice actors to say the lines. I've stopped waiting on them to say what I've already read. Er... though my normal reading speed is pretty fast...
-I use the skip function as much as possible. I don't need to hear the same info twice.
-I don't sleep.
-keep a pen/buncha higlighters/paper at your side at all times. Put the game in sleep mode so you could do the puzzle on the paper and then proceed to do it in-game.

Probably a bunch of other stuff. The straight arithmetic, you can easily do in your head. Don't need no calculator/paper.

Oh man, I'm not this hardcore (;__;)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hmmm...

Am I... actually ahead of you in a trophy chase? I'm kinda shocked, really. This is the first time something like that has ever happened because you're always so much faster than I am...

-I don't sleep.

Sounds similar to what I did, hahaha!

Noi

I'm gonna assume the only exception to this is whenever Zero III is talking. ;D

Speaking of, the "Siggyyyyyyyy! Phidooooooooo!" line from him never gets old to me. :lol

Okay, so the red die is 50, the green die is 100, and theblue die is 150. So why does 12500 not unlock the lock? It's blue + green * red.

Order of operations....

Only YOU can change the future. Etc. Akane definitely emphasized that ;)

K's reveal/history still blows my mind... goddamn, Uchikoshi.

Definitely. In his flashback on his path, I thought the little K in armor was just a joke. But when it turned out he grew up in it... He was still ridiculously adorable in that CG! Then that whole armor switcharoo... Again, mind blown.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Order of operations....

Definitely. In his flashback on his path, I thought the little K in armor was just a joke. But when it turned out he grew up in it... He was still ridiculously adorable in that CG! Then that whole armor switcharoo... Again, mind blown.
Mega spoiler.

Kyle being voiced at the end was also a nice touch.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm gonna assume the only exception to this is whenever Zero III is talking. ;D

Speaking of, the "Siggyyyyyyyy! Phidooooooooo!" line from him never gets old to me. :lol
I don't even think you can skip that line, lol.

We're about to announce the results... Gawwwww.

But when you unlock one thing, the other unlocks happen pretty quickly afterwards, so that's sorta how I was able to get all those endings so quickly this morning. I like that about this game, because you don't have to skip through entire portions of game just to continue where you left off. It's very convenient.

Kyle being voiced at the end was also a nice touch.

It was definitely nice to hear Troy Baker playing "Sigma" outside of just the promo OVA. Excellent job with the English voice casting. I'd agree with the sentiment that VLR has some of the best English VA counterparts. No loss in quality in playing either language track.

Kaizer

Banned
I'm stuck in the Archive Room.
I'm with Luna and Clover. So far I figured out the book case part, got the doll with blue memory card. Also got the "pattern" on the sheet of paper and have weighed the die. Do I have this wrong? Red Dice = 50g, Blue Dice = 150g, Green Dice = 100g. I can't figure out the die puzzle or the combination lock.

Volcynika

I'm stuck in the Archive Room.
I'm with Luna and Clover. So far I figured out the book case part, got the doll with blue memory card. Also got the "pattern" on the sheet of paper and have weighed the die. Do I have this wrong? Red Dice = 50g, Blue Dice = 150g, Green Dice = 100g. I can't figure out the die puzzle or the combination lock.

Take the weights and do the math for the dice

GSR

Hit the latter scenario lock in what I believe is Sigma's route.
The man's channeling his Phoenix Wright. Though the premonition flashes just before the lock seem to show who set us up the bomb.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hit the latter scenario lock in what I believe is Sigma's route.
The man's channeling his Phoenix Wright. Though the premonition flashes just before the lock seem to show who set us up the bomb.

I believe that was the point.
OBJECTION!
:D

Videoneon

Endings, and speculation (I have six of them, it's likely you don't want to see this unless you don't care or you've beaten the game, but I'm just putting my thoughts):

Dio (by the way, my prediction of where Dio's ending was ended up wrong...)
Clover
Quark
Tenmyouji
Sigma
Alice

Finally getting into the Magenta paths. That comment about China must mean something. Zero III seems to have a...pardon the cluelessness, Chinese theme from I suppose a certain era that I can't identify.

I'm starting to think about Phi again.

Naturally, having been to the GAULEM bay, having seconds thoughts about things, also having more seconds thoughts about...not recognizing a doctor coat. It's a bit contrived to assume every doctor wears a white coat, but, come on, one can usually recognize what it is. I think that the dialogue with the GOL-M hints that someone is a robot. There's no clear answer to who that is though

Why is Tenmyoji so suspicious too? What's wrong with Zero? Why is that in the Cyan route, Alice doesn't die and Kurashiki (probably Akane) don't die?

What kind of hints does this author throw at us? I can't piece together the big picture yet...

And I just found out an AB room moved....shit! Didn't even notice.

Noi

Why is there not a single HD art fan pack or something out for this game, jeeze. Would be nice to at least have clean renders for the normal art.

(Luna Ending spoilers)
I only use robot girls as my avatars, lol

Top Bottom