• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Koroviev

Presumably to gel with the 3D environments better I guess. I still miss the 2D sprites.

I actually prefer the 3D models. If they were to return to 2D, I'd rather have portraits a la the Persona series than sprites. The only thing I don't like about the 3D models is...Alice's chest. It looks really strange, at least in the Vita version.

Got it!

i8TPCsQcBaqvN.jpg
a little bright but it's red!

Mupod

"A clipboard with nothing to clip. It must be board."

can one of the aksys people who post here walk over and slap whoever is responsible for that?

Mupod

why you be hatin' on Belisarius. :(

I just finished the
Laboratory
. The puns are wearing down my sanity!

In other news, this was my approach to solving the puzzles in that room.

iby79dm96Un4bd.jpg

The funny thing is I got through them all extremely quickly just randomly hitting stuff.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I actually prefer the 3D models. If they were to return to 2D, I'd rather have portraits a la the Persona series than sprites. The only thing I don't like about the 3D models is...Alice's chest. It looks really strange, at least in the Vita version.

I wouldn't mind 2D portraits, but the 3D models didn't really translate well from Kinu Nishimura's artwork.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The thing I don't like about the 3D models is the lack of... meaningful animations, I guess? You know how some 3D models can seem a little "clunky" because they don't have enough animation or they work off of lip flaps or sometimes the movement seems kind of half-hearted?

That's the thing I don't like much about them. They use the 3D models, but they don't do much. The portraits in the last game seemed to be more emotive.

Edit: Oh, and another thing... sometimes they say some of the most negative things... but end with a smile / standard expression on their faces. It's kinda weird, because it's not in context or doesn't have any meaning behind it. Clover is the general culprit of this.

pariah164

You need to check the stuffed lion in your inventory to get it. If you don't have it yet, check the bookshelves, the backs of the books that you get from them, and the monitor to see where those books are supposed to go in order to reach it.

This may be me having a herp-a-derp moment, but I don't get it. :/ So stuck. This book stuff is hard.

Videoneon

This may be me having a herp-a-derp moment, but I don't get it. :/ So stuck. This book stuff is hard.

use the books to spell out a message. When you look at the titles of the four books, you will be able to spell out a phrase if you combine them. Rearrange the book placement, from left to right, into the spaces where the books were originally found

I actually don't have a problem with 3D models here, just that they seem to be too neutral at points. A problem, when you have as much dialogue as you do here, but the character models sometimes don't add anything to the delivery (voice, script)

Can someone help me? Im in the Pantry.
at the part after getting the rations I put them in the dolly but nothing happened. I found the...thing that shows what color the water is but when I get the water on Neutral, Acid, etc I can't combine them with the empty water jugs. I'm pretty sure this is what I have to do next so wtf? Am I glitched? Please don't tell me this is another 3DS glitch. But why can't I combine acid water with the acid jug and vice versa for the other types of jugs/water!?

First time I have gotten completely stumped. And I'm playing on easy aswell. Ugh. Hate the puzzle sections so much. If there is a third game I hope its Novel only.

Edit:
lol just found the other part of the button. So maybe I just wasn't supposed to do the water yet? Sorry I just am kinda freaked with all this glitching stuff hapening to everyone else.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone help me? Im in the Pantry.
at the part after getting the rations I put them in the dolly but nothing happened. I found the...thing that shows what color the water is but when I get the water on Neutral, Acid, etc I can't combine them with the empty water jugs. I'm pretty sure this is what I have to do next so wtf? Am I glitched? Please don't tell me this is another 3DS glitch. But why can't I combine acid water with the acid jug and vice versa for the other types of jugs/water!?

First time I have gotten completely stumped. And I'm playing on easy aswell. Ugh. Hate the puzzle sections so much. If there is a third game I hope its Novel only.

I don't think you can combine water out of the beaker into the labeled containers. Just use the empty containers directly on the faucet to fill them.

I don't think you can combine water out of the beaker into the labeled containers. Just use the empty containers directly on the faucet to fill them.
hahaha. Just edited to say I thought it was because I was still doing things out've order, but nope. I am just a complete idiot and totally didn't think of that. Well thanks alot! :)

Roto13

Ugh,
GAULEM bay. I just solved the whole room and there's a bunch of stuff leftover. Like the glowing lights on the robot bed (which I only turned on by accident when going for the safe after collecting the passwords) and the nametag. I dunno what the hell these are for, but I'm guessing they have something to do with the radio frequency, which I just got by accident when fiddling with that puzzle. Took me forever to find the drawer under the computer, too.

I'm glad I'm finished with this stupid room.

EDIT: Oh. Um. That's what the lights were for. >_>

lol cockney robot

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've done the first two escapes but still haven't seen a single clue that would help me find a gold file. If I go back through Flow to try for the gold files, will they stay in my archive when I go back to where I left off in the story? Also, do I keep my progress in a tree in Flow if I backtrack?

UberTag

Aksys needs to release a 2nd wave of watches that light up in either cyan, magenta or yellow.

Or better yet... a watch that CHANGES colors between all 6 shades.
That automatically changes color whenever you step out of an elevator.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
hahaha. Just edited to say I thought it was because I was still doing things out've order, but nope. I am just a complete idiot and totally didn't think of that. Well thanks alot! :)

No problem! Happens to all of us... I can't count the number of times where I've gotten stuck because I just couldn't find the right hotspot, heh.

If I go back through Flow to try for the gold files, will they stay in my archive when I go back to where I left off in the story? Also, do I keep my progress in a tree in Flow if I backtrack?
Yup to both.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
"I was you will be me." is not a fucking sentence.
That is all.
B. Garden/Sec Room (which I'm in the middle of now, so what I'm about to say will be invalidated in a few minutes by the game, I guess) spoilers:
I completely understand what the translation was supposed to be. Tu fui, ego eris. But it was quite... literal. Very literal, and the lack of a comma between the two phrases doesn't help (ex: "I was, you will be me". That's an idiom, so you can't go with it as-is. More accurately, it's usually translated as, "what you are, I was... what I am, you will be[come]", and it's usually left on tombstones as a reminder of death, much like why memento mori was splashed around this game often. I'm sure lots of people have seen it anyway. To shorten it, "I was you; you will be me" was probably the sentence that was being sought after.

Edit: Oh.
Puzzle constraints.

And I just had a dumb moment with that one, lol.

Caelestis

Edit: Oh, and another thing... sometimes they say some of the most negative things... but end with a smile / standard expression on their faces. It's kinda weird, because it's not in context or doesn't have any meaning behind it. Clover is the general culprit of this.
Oh good I am not the only one to notice Clover. Would it be so hard for them to have one neutral expression for her? Every time something bad would be happening she would have this happy doll-like smile. Sort of creepy almost.

GSR

Oh good I am not the only one to notice Clover. Would it be so hard for them to have one neutral expression for her? Every time something bad would be happening she would have this happy doll-like smile. Sort of creepy almost.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It's really weird.

Anyways, hit the second lock on Phi's route.
Shit's getting quantum, captain. I'll give Alice's (at least I assume she's the leftmost path on the right branch) route a shot, butI get the feeling I'm going to get booted over to the left branch soon if I want to get anywhere.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Security Room spoilers; very leftmost route (ie: first route)
Aw shit, she's speaking in Alvin and the Chipmunk language. Someone's got a virus on his hands.

Yeah, that really bothered me when I ended up doing some bad ends and other routes. Every sentence ended with a smile, even the sad and creepy ones. I wish they had more expressions for her because it's sorta jarring. Well, for everyone, really. I think Phi is one of the few with adequate animations/expressions.

999 spoilers:
of course, you could say that it's a holdover from her insanity in 999! :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ah, there's that utter feeling of dread I've been missing for a while. :|

Eheh. I guess
I haven't taken the right path yet.

Esura

Banned
Askys should sell the watches on their site.

They need to sell T shirts of their games too. I need some gaming inspired shirts. :(

pariah164

Ten spoilers:

Ten has a picture of Akane in his pocket. Ten has been looking for her.

Ten. Is. Junpei. Ten is Junpei.

WHAT THE BITCH AND HOW THE FUCK?! Has he just been like, dimension hopping trying to find her?! WHAT THE HELL?!

Oh God, that means that interview was true. D: Poor, poor Jumpy...

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Seriously, this drove me crazy.
I seriously ended up trying every gramatically correct 3-word sentences, 4-word sentences, etc... and still didn't get it.
B. Garden/Sec Room (which I'm in the middle of now, so what I'm about to say will be invalidated in a few minutes by the game, I guess) spoilers:
I completely understand what the translation was supposed to be. Tu fui, ego eris. But it was quite... literal. Very literal, and the lack of a comma between the two phrases doesn't help (ex: "I was, you will be me". That's an idiom, so you can't go with it as-is. More accurately, it's usually translated as, "what you are, I was... what I am, you will be[come]", and it's usually left on tombstones as a reminder of death, much like why memento mori was splashed around this game often. I'm sure lots of people have seen it anyway. To shorten it, "I was you; you will be me" was probably the sentence that was being sought after.

Edit: Oh.
Puzzle constraints.

And I just had a dumb moment with that one, lol.
Yeah, not being familiar with particular phrase made it really hard to piece together logically, lol.

Noi

Askys should sell the watches on their site.

They need to sell T shirts of their games too. I need some gaming inspired shirts. :(

They've sold a few shirts via their store, though they're mostly BlazBlue related.

They currently have the Three Valkenhaym Moon shirt up for sale, and they've sold the 6B shirt and the HOPE shirt, both of which I bought through them!

I seriously ended up trying every gramatically correct 3-word sentences, 4-word sentences, etc... and still didn't get it.

Yeah, not being familiar with particular phrase made it really hard to piece together logically, lol.

You do realize that
you can solve the puzzles on the two side monitors to reveal the exact phrases to arrange the words to,
right?

Esura

Banned
I recommend this website for top quality, unique designs and cheap prices.
http://www.theyetee.com/

One of my favorite shirts:

Nice. Got to try that out.

They've sold a few shirts via their store, though they're mostly BlazBlue related.

They currently have the Three Valkenhaym Moon shirt up for sale, and they've sold the 6B shirt and the HOPE shirt, both of which I bought through them!

I wish they had a Noel Vermillion or Phi shirt that had a little pizzaz like these shirts on this site.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Nice. Got to try that out.

Sorry if it sounded a bit too much like an advertisement, not affiliated with them and they really surprised me. A new limited design every day, btw.

I even paid the import price to EU and I think it was def. worth it.

I wouldn't mind 2D portraits, but the 3D models didn't really translate well from Kinu Nishimura's artwork.
Yeah, I don't think the 3D models really do a good job of showcasing the designs. And in a series that focuses so heavily on characters, I think that's a real disservice.

I hope they go back to sprites in future installments, or at least a 2D portrait/3D model combo.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, I don't think the 3D models really do a good job of showcasing the designs. And in a series that focuses so heavily on characters, I think that's a real disservice.

I hope they go back to sprites in future installments, or at least a 2D portrait/3D model combo.
Agreed.

Esura

Banned
So, I need to watch some Grandpa videos when I go home. :p

Sorry if it sounded a bit too much like an advertisement, not affiliated with them and they really surprised me. A new limited design every day, btw.

Oh, no problem. Need some new shirts that doesn't have a skull or whatever on it anyways. :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Haha. I'm going to guess this is K's route. Games Room:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Look at him gooooo! *waves*

"There is no god."

Noi

I wish they had a Noel Vermillion or Phi shirt that had a little pizzaz like these shirts on this site.

After a bit of searching:
http://store.blazbluegame.com/-t-shirt-41-p.asp

Not exactly Noel, but close enough!

Haha. I'm going to guess this is K's route. Games Room:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Look at him gooooo! *waves*

"There is no god."

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8333/8121406844_91da7d7a73_b.jpg

so good

Top Bottom