• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Ridley327

Been avoiding this thread up until now, since I didn't want to accidentally spoil myself, but I have only one reaction to the
-----K-----
Ending:

51690_o.gif

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You do realize that
you can solve the puzzles on the two side monitors to reveal the exact phrases to arrange the words to,
right?
Oh yeah, I did that and immediately got the gold file with the omitted words. I never bothered trying to just mash the six words together, because I was under the impression they were supposed to form a nice, grammatical sentence. Just figured I was missing a clue somewhere, which made me waste even more time.

Videoneon

Well, technically it is, so thanks. :p

Bookmarking until I get paid.

EDIT: Phi actually mentions Prisoner's Dilemma in game! Aweeesome.

Phi is funny...she also references Captain Planet in the Lounge. It was awesome.

K is a good character?...guess I'll have to suspend my fervent suspicions about him. I'm sure if he's amazing I'll be able to understand it when the time comes

Incidentally up until Ace was revealed as being a major dick, I was just like "I don't give a shit about this guy" and then...whoa.

I just am too suspicious of K...why punch Alice? But Alas, I will wait

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Phi is funny...she also references Captain Planet in the Lounge. It was awesome.

K is a good character?...guess I'll have to suspend my fervent suspicions about him. I'm sure if he's amazing I'll be able to understand it when the time comes

Incidentally up until Ace was revealed as being a major dick, I was just like "I don't give a shit about this guy" and then...whoa.

All will be revealed in time~

Esura

Banned

Phi is the best. Best character in the game imo so far (four endings in)...besides Zero III of course.

Eusis

... God dammit, there's one point I wouldn't mind IF the game didn't require me to remember a number it won't show me again to use on an image above... only to wipe out that image with no way of restoring it if I bring up my memo. Guess I may just try jotting it down somewhere OTHER than the game's in-built memo system.

I looked it up. All I found were people who knew the solution from guessing. Nobody seemed to know how you're actually supposed to find it out.
Well, I figured it out, but more from working backward. There is an in-game method to obtaining it, it's just very obtuse.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I looked it up. All I found were people who knew the solution from guessing. Nobody seemed to know how you're actually supposed to find it out.
The solution is very logical. I posted it a while back. You can look through my posts if you are interested

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
K's ending:

wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf

Holy shit!

I'm so sorry that you got spoiled. That's really damn shitty now that I've seen that route's ending. Guuuuuhhhh...

Haha... yeah. Serious WTF moment. I was waiting for K to take off his mask and when it finally happened... holy shit.

This was the comment:

”K is the 11th letter of the alphabet. 1+1=2.”
Cleary that is referring to
------Snake------

Gaaaaaah, why are people so stupid? I’m not sure if that’s speculation or a confirmation.

Why are you on youtube and not beating the game? :V

Because it hasn't arrived yet. Should have it in about 2 days!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This was the comment:

------Snake------

Gaaaaaah, why are people so stupid? I’m not sure if that’s speculation or a confirmation.

Actually... that's wrong.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
This was the comment:

------Snake------

Hahaha, I'd play the game first before I'd worry about that ;)

Also, stay away from GameFAQs and Youtube for that matter or the internet in general to avoid potential spoilers ;D

Hahaha, I'd play the game first before I'd worry about that ;)

Also, stay away from GameFAQs and Youtube for that matter or the internet in general to avoid potential spoilers ;D

So tell me Akselziyis, when will the VLR website ???? tab be updated and open? I'm curious to see what lies behind the blue tab.

pariah164

Sigma's End:

Really, game? REALLY? Give him cybernetic arms and then bam, BOMBS EXPLODE EVERYONE DIES. Really, VLR? REALLY?!

Fucking aye this damn game. Six endings down, three to go...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Haha... yeah. Serious WTF moment. I was waiting for K to take off his mask and when it finally happened... holy shit.
Still kinda reeling from it. What a thing to throw at me before the credits!

I guess I have Tenmyouji's route next going by process of elimination... Well, there probably won't be any crazy stuff in there, I guess.

The solution is very logical. I posted it a while back. You can look through my posts if you are interested
Well, I don't know if logical is the work I'd use. It makes sense, but it's not very intuitive.

I'm not really complaining because I don't like it when puzzle games hold your hand, and I think it's fine for them to through some curve balls at the player, but I can see why it would stump a lot of people.

I really want to get the game, but I neither have Vita nor PSV; why didn't they release it on PSP? I think at least in Japan there are much more active PSP users.

I will eventually get it, but I hope the platform choice doesn't hurt the series. Though I somehow suspect it will end up on Android/iOS sooner or later.

UberTag

Well, I don't know if logical is the work I'd use. It makes sense, but it's not very intuitive.

I'm not really complaining because I don't like it when puzzle games hold your hand, and I think it's fine for them to through some curve balls at the player, but I can see why it would stump a lot of people.
Going back to the wall diagram with the sheet from the first drawer to use it as a guide for deciphering the 3-digit code for the second drawer is fine. In fact, I appreciate that level of layered depth in a puzzle solution.

The confusing part came from the fact that we were to ignore all of the symbols on the sheet itself (apart from where they were located) and to just add up the pills, powders and medicine bottles on the wall diagram (while not factoring in any of the symbols on the first fabric swatch). THAT'S where the solution got obtuse.

Going back to the wall diagram with the sheet from the first drawer to use it as a guide for deciphering the 3-digit code for the second drawer is fine. In fact, I appreciate that level of layered depth in a puzzle solution.

The confusing part came from the fact that we were to ignore all of the symbols on the sheet itself (apart from where they were located) and to just add up the pills, powders and medicine bottles on the wall diagram (while not factoring in any of the symbols on the first fabric swatch). THAT'S where the solution got obtuse.
I agree.

It was obvious that you needed to spell out another word, and that you had to use the 3 digit lock again, but the relation of the cloth and the wall diagram was a bit shaky. At first I was adding/substracting symbols and colors and numbers, it was a mess. It was only when I separated the sheet's actual symbols did I realize that I was going too far. Not the best planned puzzle IMO.

So rec room....

wtf with the dart board? Like I have so many ways to get 91 but none of them are working! What am I missing!!!!!!!!

Kazerei

Banned
So rec room....

wtf with the dart board? Like I have so many ways to get 91 but none of them are working! What am I missing!!!!!!!!

If you look at the dart case, it illustrates two (contradictory) rules: red > green > blue, or red < green < blue. That gives you the two passwords.

Nexas

Just went through Lock 4 and
FUCK ALICE! I save this bitch's life from the Radical-6 virus and she betrays me? Now I'm glad she dies in most of the time lines.

Went down the rightmost (
Phi
) route as far as I could and
here comes the multiple route element into the narrative with a vengeance. When I was playing against Phi in the AB Game I went in the order of ally, betray, ally, and it was very amusing to have Sigma first go "I don't know what you're talking about" to "But you picked 'ally' last time!" And then the two of them blithely discussing the many-worlds interpretation as it applies to their situation.
I love this stuff, and appreciate how Uchikoshi always writes narratives that take advantage of the branching route format of VNs/ADVs.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm in the botanical gardens, and
I'm using the weigh scale. I don't know why the game is penalizing me for weighing the coins, because I don't even know why I'm weighing them, or how I tell the game I know their weights.

The game is like "UGH WHY DON'T YOU GET THIS?" and I'm like "I get it, I just don't know how to tell you that 1. I don't know why I'm weighing them, and 2. how to tell you I know their weights..." I tried dragging the coins to put them into a certain order, but that doesn't work. I've tried dragging them off the screen or something, and that doesn't. I don't even understand what my goal with this scale is. Other than checking the weights of the coins, I'm not even sure how success is achieved.
Why is the game penalizing me for doing something I don't even understand the application for? It seems to go against the spirit of the game, where poking and prodding things in the environment are how you figure stuff out.

Very frustrating.

EDIT: Just proceeded to the part where this puzzle actually makes sense.
The scale portion of the puzzle and the dialogue around it still seems incredibly misleading.

Sandfox

I'm stuck on
the hexagon and triangle puzzle and I'm probably never going to figure it out if I have to keep guessing.

Okay, Thankfully I've kept away from playing the game yet, and have managed to avoid most spoilers.

Just a quick question to those who have finished: I got spoiled on a couple major details like
how Tenmiyouji is Junpei (I have no clue how, but just knowing is meh... Suckish), K is not Snake, and that there is some sort of multiple timeline connection similar to 999 (Got that little gem of a spoiler from the IGN Review. >.>) But again, the details on that are vague at best.

Is there a lot more to the story behind these spoilers that I will still be mind blown? Or is it gonna ruin those paths for me? And on a similar note, should I play through Tenmyouji's route first to get the spoiled material out of the way?

Answers would be appreciated, but please, no more spoilers than what I already know. :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay, Thankfully I've kept away from playing the game yet, and have managed to avoid most spoilers.

Just a quick question to those who have finished: I got spoiled on a couple major details like
how Tenmiyouji is Junpei (I have no clue how, but just knowing is meh... Suckish), K is not Snake, and that there is some sort of multiple timeline connection similar to 999 (Got that little gem of a spoiler from the IGN Review. >.>) But again, the details on that are vague at best.

Is there a lot more to the story behind these spoilers that I will still be mind blown? Or is it gonna ruin those paths for me? And on a similar note, should I play through Tenmyouji's route first to get the spoiled material out of the way?

Answers would be appreciated, but please, no more spoilers than what I already know. :)
Yes your mind will still be blown... although it was unfortunate you were spoiled on that first thing.

Noi

Unfortunate, but there's still enough to be mind blown about. I know I was!

pyrandes

There's a lot more story behind your spoilers, and a good deal of it mind blowing. Such a great story overall.

yeah, might as well finish out Tenmyouji's route. of the potentially mindblowing things, thats one the lesser ones, imo

Top Bottom