• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Ok so I just had my game crash in the PEC room. Can anyone just give me a list of all the things I need to do in order and in the shorest possible time? Just wanna escape this room as fast as I can.

Got as far as
getting out've the pressure room after depresurising it or whatever. I couldn't get our because I did not have a archive of the pairings password ._. It then only froze the bottom galf of the screen while in archives. Making it impossible to back out.

Just give me a list of what to do in the shortest times. I can't find any walkthroughs with google. Any and all help would be appreciated.

This sucks. My average playtime would've been legendary if it wasn't for that damn crash. :/

Edit: NV, Got it but someone should do a walkthrough since its so glitchy so taht others can greeze through it.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm stuck on
the hexagon and triangle puzzle and I'm probably never going to figure it out if I have to keep guessing.

Which room?

Okay, Thankfully I've kept away from playing the game yet, and have managed to avoid most spoilers.

Just a quick question to those who have finished: I got spoiled on a couple major details like
how Tenmiyouji is Junpei (I have no clue how, but just knowing is meh... Suckish), K is not Snake, and that there is some sort of multiple timeline connection similar to 999 (Got that little gem of a spoiler from the IGN Review. >.>) But again, the details on that are vague at best.

Is there a lot more to the story behind these spoilers that I will still be mind blown? Or is it gonna ruin those paths for me? And on a similar note, should I play through Tenmyouji's route first to get the spoiled material out of the way?

Answers would be appreciated, but please, no more spoilers than what I already know. :)

There's still plenty of other twists, like the identities of the other characters.
Tenmyouji/Junpei isn't even the focus of the story. Other characters are more important.

I'm in the botanical gardens, and
I'm using the weigh scale. I don't know why the game is penalizing me for weighing the coins, because I don't even know why I'm weighing them, or how I tell the game I know their weights.

The game is like "UGH WHY DON'T YOU GET THIS?" and I'm like "I get it, I just don't know how to tell you that 1. I don't know why I'm weighing them, and 2. how to tell you I know their weights..." I tried dragging the coins to put them into a certain order, but that doesn't work. I've tried dragging them off the screen or something, and that doesn't. I don't even understand what my goal with this scale is. Other than checking the weights of the coins, I'm not even sure how success is achieved.
Why is the game penalizing me for doing something I don't even understand the application for? It seems to go against the spirit of the game, where poking and prodding things in the environment are how you figure stuff out.

Very frustrating.

EDIT: Just proceeded to the part where this puzzle actually makes sense.
The scale portion of the puzzle and the dialogue around it still seems incredibly misleading.

I actually just solved this puzzle, and I still don't understand
the point of the "you have to weigh exactly five times or we'll set things to easy!" bit. The only purpose of having the scale there was to find out the right order for somewhere else, after all.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I actually just solved this puzzle, and I still don't understand
the point of the "you have to weigh exactly five times or we'll set things to easy!" bit. The only purpose of having the scale there was to find out the right order for somewhere else, after all.

Yeah, I didn't get it either. That's why it was frustrating me. I don't want it to switch to easy, but penalizing stumbling around and testing stuff is antithetical to the rest of the game.

Yes your mind will still be blown... although it was unfortunate you were spoiled on that first thing.

Unfortunate, but there's still enough to be mind blown' about. I know I was!

There's a lot more story behind your spoilers, and a good deal of it mind blowing. Such a great story overall.

yeah, might as well finish out Tenmyouji's route. of the potentially mindblowing things, thats one the lesser ones, imo

Eh... I guess spoilers aren't always too bad for me, I for one was spoiled for 999 about
How June was Zero and set everything up,
but that kind of reveal only changed my perspective and increased the tension greatly as the game went on. The Ending still blew me away with how awesome it was, but I will admit the impact was a little lower since I knew it going into the game. :/

But wow... Good to know! I'm really pumped for the story! I can't believe I caved a couple days ago and watched some of the beginning novel bits! (Thankfully it was more/less what was shown in the OVA and Demo, aside from a couple of jokes) >.< The game just looks and sounds so good! It sucks that I'm committing to not playing it until after this Friday...

Ugh... Next weekend can't come soon enough!

Esura

Banned
Just went through Lock 4 and
FUCK ALICE! I save this bitch's life from the Radical-6 virus and she betrays me? Now I'm glad she dies in most of the time lines.

This is how I feel about most of the characters in the game.
Everyone who isn't Phi or Luna tries to fuck over Sigma, so fuck em.

pariah164

Oh my goooood D: Luna...

Her ending is the most tragic thing ever. I am on the verge of tears.

But before that, there's this lock...

I thought I unlocked the path to that, AKA where the zero bomb is. I have all the archives so far, I have solved all the puzzle rooms on Hard, and I have every ending except Phi's. But I think it's still locked...

Fuuuuuuuck.... PEC Room. Game crashed. Save data got corrupted. Am I eternally fucked?

Fuck... fuck...

If I have to restart the game, can I just cheat and get all the safe passwords I used from online and quickly recomplete all the puzzles I solved, or will that not work?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Tenmyouji route ; Director's Office spoilers:
the heck is he doing with a picture of Akane ... don't say a single word because I'm halfway through this thing.

Vibed

So the endings I've done in order are:
1.Quark to be cont and Bad
2. Tenmyouji and Bad 1/2
3. Clover and Bad
4. Luna to be cont and Bad 1
5. K and Bad

Been a very interesting ride so far. Total didn't see
K's ending
coming. Immediately after discovering
Tenmyouji is Junpei
I theorized
Akane is the old woman
and after that last one, it looks like I was right.

I'm especially interested in
how Akane, Junpei, and Zero/K's dad tie together and what they're up to. Is Zero Aoi? Light? If Akane was a player alongside Tenmyouji, why was she killed by Dio? Was that project she volunteered to be in with Zero the Nonary Game? Was the death she planned supposed to be from the playing the actual game, or dying right near the beginning? If the later, was it because of another paradoxial vision like in the Second Nonary Game?
I WANT TO KNOW SO FUCKING BAD. ;_;

Why wont the game let me skip text... oh god dont tell me I have to sit through all the text and door opening sequences again.

Can anyone tell me which routes have the PEC room? I want to do them first this time. -_-

Esura

Banned
What the hell? Can anyone tell me how to unlock
Quark's
ending? There is only two more branches I can do and I still haven't got that one or the one on the far left.

pariah164

Why wont the game let me skip text... oh god dont tell me I have to sit through all the text and door opening sequences again.

Can anyone tell me which routes have the PEC room? I want to do them first this time. -_-

Yellow Door, Ally, Blue Door takes you to the PEC, IIRC.

Yellow Door, Ally, Blue Door takes you to the PEC, IIRC.

Thank god... that's the only time I have to do the PEC room? Welp guess I'll do that one first this time.

AND THEN FUCKING REPEAT EVERYTHING ELSE. :(

The game wont even let me skip. Hopefully I remember most of the puzzle solutions. Man fuck this bullshit.

Vibed

You can skip text with the stop/auto button and will stop when you come to brand new text. If you haven't ever read it before, the skip button won't appear.

You never have to repeat anything in this game, be it text or escape rooms, silly. :p

Except the door opening and closing, that you have to watch. :(

You can skip text with the stop/auto button and will stop when you come to brand new text. If you haven't ever read it before, the skip button won't appear.

You never have to repeat anything in this game silly. :p

Except, you know... when your save data corrupts in the PEC Room and you do indeed have to repeat every last fucking thing you did.

Y'know like I said in my last two posts.

pariah164

Need a bit of help here...

Q Room. That damn CUBE. Are there set solutions for it? I am clueless as to what I'm supposed to do, and I'm so burnt out after getting almost all the endings I just want to get THROUGH it. I'm horrible at Minesweeper, and that's basically what this game is.

Vibed

Except, you know... when your save data corrupts in the PEC Room and you do indeed have to repeat every last fucking thing you did.

Y'know like I said in my last two posts.

...you didn't make that very clear. :( Or I guess I didn't read between the (obvious) lines well enough.

Thought you were actually asking, sorry it corrupted.

EDIT: Reading back only a few posts and I see you were just talking about it, lol

pyrandes

Q Room. That damn CUBE. Are there set solutions for it? I am clueless as to what I'm supposed to do, and I'm so burnt out after getting almost all the endings I just want to get THROUGH it. I'm horrible at Minesweeper, and that's basically what this game is.

yeah, all the solutions (to get the drawers out) are set. it took me a bit as well to do that room this morning, but was satisfied when I did do it. I think the clue they give for the minesweeper portion of that room was slightly misleading, since the number on the square can also include that square in the count.

Kazerei

Banned

Code:
[spoiler]North wall (facing the exit)

Cube        Wall
   |1000000|   |       |
   |2100000|   |X      |
   |3100000|   |X      |
   |3100000|   |X      |
   |2100000|   |X      |

East wall

Cube        Wall
   |0000000|   |       |
   |1110000|   |       |
   |3422110|   |XXX    |
   |4433431|   |XX XXX |
   |3323431|   |XX XXX |

South wall (facing the entrance)

Cube        Wall
   |0000000|   |       |
   |0000001|   |       |
   |0010011|   |      X|
   |0221001|   |  X    |
   |1231000|   | XX    |

West wall

Cube        Wall
   |0000000|   |       |
   |0000001|   |       |
   |1000012|   |      X|
   |2100013|   |X     X|
   |2100012|   |X     X|[/spoiler]

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Q Room puzzles were nuts... even more so than the sudoku one in 999. Good news though, is it's the final puzzle.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Hey guys, what's the general consensus on which is better, this or 999?
I think the puzzles are better in VLR, and the voice acting and flow chart really improves the gameplay experience, but I like the cast and setting better in 999 (i mean, a ship that looks like the titanic versus a gigantic warehouse? No contest.). I think it is a tie.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...Tenmyouji route, post Director's Office solution:
this guy's talking to me about termites of all things. it's almost midnight man. I hate bugs.

pariah164

Code:
[spoiler]North wall (facing the exit)

Cube        Wall
   |1000000|   |       |
   |2100000|   |X      |
   |3100000|   |X      |
   |3100000|   |X      |
   |2100000|   |X      |

East wall

Cube        Wall
   |0000000|   |       |
   |1110000|   |       |
   |3422110|   |XXX    |
   |4433431|   |XX XXX |
   |3323431|   |XX XXX |

South wall (facing the entrance)

Cube        Wall
   |0000000|   |       |
   |0000001|   |       |
   |0010011|   |      X|
   |0221001|   |  X    |
   |1231000|   | XX    |

West wall

Cube        Wall
   |0000000|   |       |
   |0000001|   |       |
   |1000012|   |      X|
   |2100013|   |X     X|
   |2100012|   |X     X|[/spoiler]

YOU. I LOVE YOU.

Thank you so much for this <3 I am out of internets, but would my first born suffice?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think the puzzles are better in VLR, and the voice acting and flow chart really improves the gameplay experience, but I like the cast and setting better in 999 (i mean, a ship that looks like the titanic versus a gigantic warehouse? No contest.). I think it is a tie.

Fun fact: Gigantic (the ship in 999) was the original name for the Britannic - one of Titanic's two other twin sisters. So there's a reason it looked like it did :) But I agree, 999's setting was superb because of that.

However, VLR has a few standout characters for me that I liked even more than the ones in 999. Namely Sigma - quite possibly one of the best MCs in quite some time.

I'm stuck REALLY early on in the Lounge on this
alcohol puzzle. I read the bartenders note and the only way to have enough info to make all 3 of the drinks is if the son is the liar but the coasters are still turning red... not sure what I'm doing wrong.

helpp

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
alcohol puzzle. I read the bartenders note and the only way to have enough info to make all 3 of the drinks is if the son is the liar but the coasters are still turning red... not sure what I'm doing wrong.

helpp

They also need to be arranged in the correct order on the coaster.

Volcynika

helpp

You know where they're sitting, but from which point of view?

Noi

However, VLR has a few standout characters for me that I liked even more than the ones in 999.

image.php

Edit: Dammit, didn't spot the quick edit. :p

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
yeah, all the solutions (to get the drawers out) are set. it took me a bit as well to do that room this morning, but was satisfied when I did do it. I think the clue they give for the minesweeper portion of that room was slightly misleading, since the number on the square can also include that square in the count.

I find the puzzle
ten times easier if I used the good ol' pen and paper. It was a cinch after I dragged my lazy ass from the couch and wrote down the numbers in a grid on a piece of paper.

AniHawk

Really... how did the PEC Room escape QA testing. What the actual fuck.

could have been a couple things. one, the game could have been amazingly buggy on the 3ds. when you get a product, and it has bugs, it means there were even more bugs during qa. sometimes, when a bug is fixed, it can create problems elsewhere in a game, too. things you might not expect.

another possibility is that not enough timing was set aside to actually test both versions of the game, and the work was split evenly among two versions, despite one needing it a lot more than the other.

but most interestingly is how it escaped the first-party qa. nintendo/sony/microsoft also has their own guys check for game-breaking bugs and other things of that nature.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
image.php

Edit: Dammit, didn't spot the quick edit. :p

<333 Sigma is amazing. I loved him a lot more than I was expecting too at first. I had avoided all media before digging into VLR so I had no idea he was more of a "hot-blooded" main character. But he's truly fantastic and that becomes even more cemented once every bit of the story is unraveled.

Volcynika

<333 Sigma is amazing. I loved him a lot more than I was expecting too at first. I had avoided all media before digging into VLR so I had no idea he was more of a "hot-blooded" main character. But he's truly fantastic and that becomes even more cemented once every bit of the story is unraveled.

He also makes a lot of sex jokes.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Need help with the Last Room...

The Red/Green Hexagon Puzzle...what's the order to hit the shapes?

Spoilers for the final route:

The moments where you don't have the code to unlock a certain bomb, and he and Phi are together about to blow up are so NNNNGGHHHHHHH.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Termites are deep, man.
Yes.
the analogy come out of no where, but it makes perfect sense in the context of the game, where the alternate histories seem separate, but actually form a single tapestry. The flowchart in this sense is just like the termite mound.

Top Bottom