• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

So, if I don't feel like figuring out the puzzles I already did again would anyone mind giving me a quick rundown of what to do?

From what I remember I pretty much did all of the Magenta crap except for:

Getting stuck at "HOW TO SAVE K AND PHI" and "SOLVE THE RIDDLE OF THE 2 HEADED LION."

Man the fucking
darts bullshit, the rations bullshit, and the ice cube sliding puzzle are gonna be fucking annoying. So is the Infirmary. Or can I simply retype the codes (CURED AND FOUND)?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hmmm...

Am I... actually ahead of you in a trophy chase? I'm kinda shocked, really. This is the first time something like that has ever happened because you're always so much faster than I am...

But to be fair, what I'm doing is:
-I'm using my normal reading speed. I don't wait for the voice actors to say the lines. I've stopped waiting on them to say what I've already read. Er... though my normal reading speed is pretty fast...
-As soon as I unlock a lock, I go back and get it.
-I use the skip function as much as possible. I don't need to hear the same info twice.
-I don't sleep.
-keep a pen/buncha higlighters/paper at your side at all times. Put the game in sleep mode so you could do the puzzle on the paper and then proceed to do it in-game.

Probably a bunch of other stuff. The straight arithmetic, you can easily do in your head. Don't need no calculator/paper.

Alright, I'm starting the left paths now.

I did get the game a day late. I've been doing exactly what you're doing. :p

So far I put in 7 hours a day to play the game. I think by the time I get my first actual ending ending, I'll get the rest of the unlocks.

I started with the 3rd branch though. I think I should have at least started with the first. ;_;

Oh and Sigma is a horny bastard.
He wants Luna to jerk off the lever. Lol

AniHawk

currently finished about 75% of the right half of the flow chart. i don't like it as much as 999 yet.

-the characters are all a bunch of weirdos, save for sigma. 999's cast was mostly normal people with some quirks, but vlr's cast has (generalizing since i don't really know for sure) not a superhero, a robot, a superspy, a kid genius, and dio.
-the setting in 999 was the fucking titanic. that carries a lot of atmosphere with it, as well as an actual sense of dread since you only have 9 hours left before it sinks. vlr's set in some... place.
-999 was considerably darker. no talking rabbits or anything too out of the ordinary.

i guess there's just no sense of actual danger in vlr. i've seen 2-3 different endings and it's all kinda meh right now.

i'm still only, i guess... 40% through the game though, so i'll keep at it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I did get the game a day late. I've been doing exactly what you're doing. :p

So far I put in 7 hours a day to play the game. I think by the time I get my first actual ending ending, I'll get the rest of the unlocks.

Oh and Sigma is a horny bastard.
He wants Luna to jerk off the lever. Lol
I didn't start it until the 25th either, hence I thought it was kinda weird cuz you're always so much faster and more efficient than I am. I started with... I suppose it was Phi's route first and then I worked backwards.

Sex jokes are some of the best kind of jokes. He can't hold himself back all things considered. :lol

pariah164

DIIIIICE

In the Q room...This dice puzzle. Do the dots seriously have to be facing the right way too?? FML, the green dice will NOT cooperate.

Noi

DIIIIICE

In the Q room...This dice puzzle. Do the dots seriously have to be facing the right way too?? FML, the green dice will NOT cooperate.

That's honestly one of the few puzzles where I'd recommend bumping it down to easy once if you can't figure it out.

They actually go through how to reliably rotate the dice by 180 and 90 degrees to get the exact side facing where you want.

Edit: Or you can follow the steps Kazerei posted below if you don't want to actually solve it yourself. :p

Kazerei

Banned
DIIIIICE

From the starting position

Blue die with 6 on top:
left, down, down, down, left

Red die with 6 on top
right, down, down, down, down

Green die with 1 on top
down, right, right, right, down

Blue die with 2 on top
down, right, up, right, up, up, right

Red die with 5 on top
right, right, down, left, left

Green die with 3 on top
down, down, right, up, up, up, up, up, up, right, down

I just finished the game. Goddamn, I need a sequel now. Thoughts on ending below, so don't click on it ever.

WHAT A BLOODY FUCKING SEQUEL TEASE I SWEAR GODDAMN IT ALL FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCCCCCCCK

More coherent thoughts to come after I get my head back on.

I need encouragement guys... I lost 14 hours of progress and my desire to pick up the game and re-complete the shit I did is gone. Someone tell me it will be alright. :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I didn't start it until the 25th either, hence I thought it was kinda weird cuz you're always so much faster and more efficient than I am. I started with... I suppose it was Phi's route first and then I worked backwards.

Sex jokes are some of the best kind of jokes. He can't hold himself back all things considered. :lol

I also laughed when
Alice wore a doctor's coat and said to Sigma "you like this don't you?"

I seem to like a lot of the characters, namely K, Alice, Sigma, Phi, Zero Jr, and Luna.

Also I can't help staring at Alice's... Necklace every time she speaks.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
From the starting position

Blue die with 6 on top:
left, down, down, down, left

Red die with 6 on top
right, down, down, down, down

Green die with 1 on top
down, right, right, right, down

Blue die with 2 on top
down, right, up, right, up, up, right

Red die with 5 on top
right, right, down, left, left

Green die with 3 on top
down, down, right, up, up, up, up, up, up, right, down

Thanks!

Do you know how to solve the Q'Rooms Hexagon Puzzle (the Green and Red shapes you need to change the colors of?

Kazerei

Banned
Thanks!

Do you know how to solve the Q'Rooms Hexagon Puzzle (the Green and Red shapes you need to change the colors of?

I feel like I'm ruining it for you guys :p

Tap the two red triangles in the lowest row. Then tap the two green hexagons in the middle row. Finally tap the green hexagon in the highest row.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mind blown #1:

Sigma fucking remembers choices made in other paths. HOLY GOD! That is AMAZING!

currently finished about 75% of the right half of the flow chart. i don't like it as much as 999 yet.

-the characters are all a bunch of weirdos, save for sigma. 999's cast was mostly normal people with some quirks, but vlr's cast has (generalizing since i don't really know for sure) not a superhero, a robot, a superspy, a kid genius, and dio.
-the setting in 999 was the fucking titanic. that carries a lot of atmosphere with it, as well as an actual sense of dread since you only have 9 hours left before it sinks. vlr's set in some... place.
-999 was considerably darker. no talking rabbits or anything too out of the ordinary.

i guess there's just no sense of actual danger in vlr. i've seen 2-3 different endings and it's all kinda meh right now.

i'm still only, i guess... 40% through the game though, so i'll keep at it.

I don't agree with everything here, but I do agree that 999 was considerably darker. I'm surprised there's so little blood in VLR.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Tenmyouji's ending/ending:
What.

Beginning the end of Luna's Route (after the lock, so don't read):
She's a fracking robot?!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
same here

i was like,
hey, she DID choose betray- wait, how did you know that??

Yeah. I pretty much just encountered that exact moment. After watching the
rock/paper/scissors explanation, I'm suddenly reminded why there's a book for schrodinger's cat in the crew quarters.

thetrin

I need encouragement guys... I lost 14 hours of progress and my desire to pick up the game and re-complete the shit I did is gone. Someone tell me it will be alright. :(

You know the puzzles now. Those hours lost can be recovered in far less time, and you can skip the text you already know about.

kiryogi

Banned
So uh

After clearing the first 2 branches completely, I'm @ the Cyan door branch and now I'm getting flashbacks referring to previous attempts. . . Does this only occur when you've cleared the first two or always happens during the Cyan branch? It's so cool that it's all starting to come together if that's the case. Definitely a good way of working the flow system and keeping the surprises coming

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So uh

After clearing the first 2 branches completely, I'm @ the Cyan door branch and now I'm getting flashbacks referring to previous attempts. . . Does this only occur when you've cleared the first two or always happens during the Cyan branch? It's so cool that it's all starting to come together if that's the case. Definitely a good way of working the flow system and keeping the surprises coming

It happens after you've viewed those other events and are in the middle of uncovering more secrets, yes.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I put together a walkthrough for the PEC room in the interest of helping people avoid the save corruption bug on the 3DS. Excuse the ghetto offcam screenshots, no built in SS function like you lucky Vita owners. :X

Click it! Puzzle-related spoilers, obviously. :p

-- post for sharing

So... I finished. 28+ hours and about five days of playing.

SO MANY FEELS AND QUESTIONS I CAN'T.
Ugh, I know! On the one hand, I'm glad that I can have my sleep schedule back on track... on the other I just want to replay it / need volume 3 nowwww. D:

Busaiku

WHAT THE HECK
I'm trying to decode the Myrmidon message, so I wrote down the number in the memo. So I checked the memo, now I can't get the encoded message any more.

How in the world am I supposed to solve that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
WHAT THE HECK
I'm trying to decode the Myrmidon message, so I wrote down the number in the memo. So I checked the memo, now I can't get the encoded message any more.

How in the world am I supposed to solve that.

You deleted it by accident? Oh wait... this section D:

The answer is COMPLETED. You were supposed to solve it before cycling through the text.

Busaiku

No, I wrote it down in the memo function.
But when I pulled up the memo, I could no longer access the message.

Are you freaking serious, that's terrible.
How was I supposed to know that?

Noi

No, I wrote it down in the memo function.
But when I pulled up the memo, I could no longer access the message.

Are you freaking serious, that's terrible.
How was I supposed to know that?

...The game tells you that you should solve it now cause you can't access the code once you go to the answer screen?

It's COMPLETED.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Luna's Ending spoilers:
Boy am I glad I did that towards the end. Giant information dump right there. I'll admit that the whole thing kinda creeped me the heck out.

I'm still creeped the heck out. I feel like I should've have seen that coming, but I didn't. She tricked meeeeee.

Noi

Luna's Ending spoilers:
Boy am I glad I did that towards the end. Giant information dump right there. I'll admit that the whole thing kinda creeped me the heck out.

I'm still creeped the heck out. I feel like I should've have seen that coming, but I didn't. She tricked meeeeee.

Second best character in the game.

With Sigma being the best, of course.

Luna's Ending spoilers:

"Hey Sigma, you're probably a robot amirite?" TROLL.

Top Bottom