• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

pariah164

Luna's Ending spoilers:
Boy am I glad I did that towards the end. Giant information dump right there. I'll admit that the whole thing kinda creeped me the heck out.

I'm still creeped the heck out. I feel like I should've have seen that coming, but I didn't. She tricked meeeeee.

Luna = my favorite character in the entire game. Her end made me cryyyyyy.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
TRUE END SPOILERS

So, I have some questions?

Was Dio telling the truth about having a "kid"? That seems to make sense since in his ending he mentioned problems with a woman.

Who's Phi? The only thing I can think of is she is Sigma's "lost love" that, in K's flashback, Akane teased Elder Sigma about when she came to visit.

Quark is one of the Left Clones, right? Or he's somehow Dio's kid? It seems like their odd relationship (Dio telling Tenmyouji Quark was a regular con, which fits if he's actually related to Dio) hints towards that. Being a clone would explain his apparent strong constitution.

In K's backstory, he mentions a human-looking maid robot they made for him...that's supposed to be Luna, correct?

Also, he's important enough to get a mention in the Voice Over Credits, but I like to think the "Detective" you hear in the Apple/Banana Prisoner's Dilemna scene is meant to be Seven :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TRUE END SPOILERS

Was Dio telling the truth about having a "kid"? That seems to make sense since in his ending he mentioned problems with a woman.

Who's Phi? The only thing I can think of is she is Sigma's "lost love" that, in K's flashback, Akane teased Elder Sigma about when she came to visit.

Quark is one of the Left Clones, right? Or he's somehow Dio's kid? It seems like their odd relationship (Dio telling Tenmyouji Quark was a regular con, which fits if he's actually related to Dio) hints towards that. Being a clone would explain his apparent strong constitution.

In K's backstory, he mentions a human-looking maid robot they made for him...that's supposed to be Luna, correct?

Also, he's important enough to get a mention in the Voice Over Credits, but I like to think the "Detective" you hear in the Apple/Banana Prisoner's Dilemna scene is meant to be Seven :p

Phi's secrets will be revealed in volume 3 :)
Quark isn't a Left clone... he's not a clone at all. He's just a young boy Tenmyouji raised.
K's robot "mother" is probably Luna, yes.

AwShucks

I told myself I'd beat Spec Ops The line (did that) and The Last Story before diving into this. But it's becoming hard to resist the urge to just go grab it on PSN.

pariah164

TRUE END SPOILERS

Dio is a lying bastard. Believe NOTHING he says.

Phi is still mostly a mystery, and probably will remain one till the next game.

All signs indicate Quark is just a normal kid.

Yes, the maid from K's story is more than likely Luna.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Dio is a lying bastard. Believe NOTHING he says.

Perhaps, but right at the end of the story when he's dropped his facade he mentions how he got into trouble with a woman...and then nothing else is said about that.

I have no doubt that's meant to be a hint towards...something.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Perhaps, but right at the end of the story when he's dropped his facade he mentions how he got into trouble with a woman...and then nothing else is said about that.

I have no doubt that's meant to be a hint towards...something.

It might be something else that gets revealed in the third game.

TRUE END SPOILERS

Others have answered most of these, but as for Phi, she's still a complete mystery by the end of the game. It's clear she'll have a large role in the way things play out in the third game, and I can only cross my fingers that she and Sigma hook up. Please? PRETTY PLEASE?

pariah164

Others have answered most of these, but as for Phi, she's still a complete mystery by the end of the game. It's clear she'll have a large role in the way things play out in the third game, and I can only cross my fingers that she and Sigma hook up. Please? PRETTY PLEASE?

Even with the huge age difference?

Roubjon

Man, my copy will arrive here on Monday...

tumblr_mccyrvE6Fy1qgdj69.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
After Q Room spoilers; Phi Route:
Akane's model is a bit creepy. I don't like it. Also, nah, I'm not shocked by this revelation.

Edit: True Route Spoilers:
oh man her model is super weird i can't look at it why is it so strange to look at

Esura

Banned
One more route left...Phi's. Knew I could finish this before ZoE.

And that will have to be done tomorrow sadly. Tired as a fudge muffin...yawn...

Busaiku

How do we know which route is which, without getting the route?
I mean, I figure if you're down to the last one or so, then it becomes easy to tell, but I've still got like 4 or 5 left.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
True Ending; Game Ending spoilers:
What the FUCK. How the...

what...

excuse me for a moment. i need to take some time to think before I post something that isn't a jumble of "wat".

sequel, plz.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My brain's still pretty addled by the ending. Can't come up with anything decent to say right now. Haha.

how could you throw so many things at me like that at once, game?! whaaaaaaaat.

pariah164

I can feel the steam coming out my ears from trying to make sense of it.

Game 3. Now. Please.

The last game I plowed through like this was Corpse Party...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hm. I remember complaining about not having a GotY, or not having games to put into my top 3 at all because I'd felt that nothing I'd played this year was at that calibre. It just so happens that 999 was my GotY 2010, ahead of the likes of Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sonic Colours, Tales of Graces f, and others. So I'd felt that I'd think of VLR in a similar fashion.

I'm not saying that Virtue's Last Reward's going to be my GotY because I have a lot of games to go through towards the end of the year (especially this week) but... it's certainly in the running. It has its share of issues, but the twists and turns are worth it.

That's all I can come up with at the moment. I'll probably write something relatively decent in the spoiler thread tomorrow, but yeah. Ending took a bit out of me, and I didn't get enough sleep for the past two days, heh.

Ending spoilers:
omg I can't wait until the third game!

pariah164

This is definitely a contender for GotY for me. Paper Mario and Corpse Party will have to pull something AMAZING for me to not hand the award over to VLR.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Finished all of left and middle paths up to where it would let me. My speculation so far

As soon as I saw the test recording I figured that they're at least a couple of decades into the future from when they were captured

Which leads me to believe
- stabbed old lady is probably akane (figured this was K's "mom", but changed my mind earlier after I realized clover wouldn't be old enough for akane to age so much)
- tenmyouji probably was all mopey because he realized akane was dead after searching for all this time
- zero sr hologram might be junpei based on his hair lol

Hoping there's some big end game twists as well

pariah164

Finished all of left and middle paths up to where it would let me. My speculation so far

As soon as I saw the test recording I figured that they're at least a couple of decades into the future from when they were captured

Which leads me to believe
- stabbed old lady is probably akane (figured this was K's "mom", but changed my mind earlier after I realized clover wouldn't be old enough for akane to age so much)
- tenmyouji probably was all mopey because he realized akane was dead after searching for all this time
- zero sr hologram might be junpei based on his hair lol

Hoping there's some big end game twists as well

*just cackles madly*

pariah164

Now that I'm mostly coherent and my head's not about to explode from amazing...

I just wanted to thank you all. EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THIS THREAD EVER. If you quoted me, helped me out, or just read my posts, THANK YOU. Just having a place to turn to while I freaked the hell out in my living room meant more than any of you could ever know.

Seriously. Thank you so much.

Noi

Now that I'm mostly coherent and my head's not about to explode from amazing...

I just wanted to thank you all. EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THIS THREAD EVER. If you quoted me, helped me out, or just read my posts, THANK YOU. Just having a place to turn to while I freaked the hell out in my living room meant more than any of you could ever know.

Seriously. Thank you so much.

No problem! A shame that your save file didn't explode so you could re-experience the whole thing though.

DON'T KILL ME.

pariah164

No problem! A shame that your save file didn't explore so you could re-experience the whole thing though.

DON'T KILL ME.

NEVER <3

In all seriousness, I am amazed my game was steady all the way through. Murphy's Law LOVES me when it comes to video games, usually.

Nexas

Ok So I've done everyone's ending except Phi's and Luna's
I'm on the left-most path and I have no idea what the login for the directors room is. I've tried both the codes Luna and K gave me along with the old woman's id, but nothing has worked. What am I missing?

Well, I did have one crash in the PEC room, but my save data is fine. I made it through the second time no problem.

My crash was at the second connect the dots puzzle, which I've seen other people claim as a crash spot, so I think it is probably a specific combination of triggers in the room that cause the game to crash at certain points there.

Noi

Ok So I've done everyone's ending except Phi's and Luna's
I'm on the left-most path and I have no idea what the login for the directors room is. I've tried both the codes Luna and K gave me along with the old woman's id, but nothing has worked. What am I missing?
What Luna gave you is the ID, what K gave you is the password.

Feep

Banned
I want to highlight spoilers, but the non-linear nature of the game means basically anyone could have learned anything at any point, so I'm terrified to do so.

Anyway, I've hit around ten dead-ends now. Things are heating up.

kiryogi

Banned
Well, I did have one crash in the PEC room, but my save data is fine. I made it through the second time no problem.

My crash was at the second connect the dots puzzle, which I've seen other people claim as a crash spot, so I think it is probably a specific combination of triggers in the room that cause the game to crash at certain points there.

In my lovely experience of god knows how many crashes... I've crashed on the first and second dot puzzles, and then right after solving the final puzzle/opening the safe.

In my lovely experience of god knows how many crashes... I've crashed on the first and second dot puzzles, and then right after solving the final puzzle/opening the safe.
Did you thoroughly explore the room every time through? I have a feeling that examining things too much, or in a certain order is what may cause crashes. (Most likely the latter.)

kiryogi

Banned
Did you thoroughly explore the room every time through? I have a feeling that examining things too much, or in a certain order is what may cause crashes. (Most likely the latter.)

Nope, as my patience got thinner and thinner with each crash, I'd work really quickly through the room. You really cant skip that many steps, unlike some other rooms.

Nope, as my patience got thinner and thinner with each crash, I'd work really quickly through the room. You really cant skip that many steps, unlike some other rooms.
That's what makes me think that it's certain triggers. The room is very linear, so even just one glitched flag in the coding could mess things up.

Well, whatever it is, I hope they fix it soon. I really don't want this glitch to be impacting people's experience with the game. It really deserves all the positive attention it can get.

kiryogi

Banned
That's what makes me think that it's certain triggers. The room is very linear, so even just one glitched flag in the coding could mess things up.

Well, whatever it is, I hope they fix it soon. I really don't want this glitch to be impacting people's experience with the game. It really deserves all the positive attention it can get.

That second dot puzzle would always scare me besides fearing a crash after solving the final puzzle. I think if you do retry too many times it'll crash. But ive had it crash going into the puzzle as well. Same for the first dot puzzle. Also, when I was trying my scheme to use the flow chart and exit the room after acquiring the password, it'd also crash going into it. Only the first attempt though, afterwards I was able to make the leap and hurrah!

Toki767

Screw you tangrams!

Also, I seem to be missing one archive in the Infirmary. Not sure where it is either. Seems like it's between the
Paper with a drawing on it and Big monitor hint
Anyone have any clues on where to get missing one?

Top Bottom