• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

That second dot puzzle would always scare me besides fearing a crash after solving the final puzzle. I think if you do retry too many times it'll crash. But ive had it crash going into the puzzle as well. Same for the first dot puzzle. Also, when I was trying my scheme to use the flow chart and exit the room after acquiring the password, it'd also crash going into it. Only the first attempt though, afterwards I was able to make the leap and hurrah!
Wow, you did have a lot of bad luck. Well, at least you're through now.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this game should be called "Interruptions".

Player A: "Let me tell you about this mind blowing situation..."
Player B: "Yes! All my questions will finally be answered!"
Player A: "You see, it all started-"
*door woosh*
Player C: "OMG, something totally unrelated, but just as crazy, happened somewhere else! Hurry!"
Player B: "Well, I guess I'll tell you later..... Maybe."
Player A: "Dammit."

Videoneon

Beat the game a while ago,
True End or Beginning
...my head is reeling. That was a lot to take in. Though I did beat 999, it was a bit different there.

Hell of a ride and it was amazing, I'm going to have to sleep on this so I can recompose thoughts on the plot

Not sure when I'll get to buy this after all, maybe at the end of November for my birthday
Hopefully there'll be others still playing for the first time then, too

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Not sure when I'll get to buy this after all, maybe at the end of November for my birthday
Hopefully there'll be others still playing for the first time then, too
You are getting this in November? Do yourself a favour and get as far away from this thread as possible lol.

Volcynika

Hey people learn to quote full or partial spoilers! Saw a broken spoiler tag in a quote in Watch Da Birdie's post up above. Fortunately it doesn't seem too bad, but preview them posts mang.

:mad:

For someone who wanted to play 999 but never got a chance (little cousin broke my ds) is this worth getting? Didn't know it was even out yet so haven't followed it too much since I'm in Europe and its not out for a while still

so of all of you who played it, which version is the one to get? should i get the 3DS version or wait 3 years till the vita costs $50 and gran it then?

Lusankya

I don't think I've ever sacrificed sleep as much as I did for this game. And even after I finished, it's still been on my mind for days.
Haha, yeah! I played for 37 hours in just a little more than 3 days. I am really glad there will be a third part in the series (or at least that Kotaro Uchikoshi wants to create a new part).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
For someone who wanted to play 999 but never got a chance (little cousin broke my ds) is this worth getting? Didn't know it was even out yet so haven't followed it too much since I'm in Europe and its not out for a while still

Absolutely. The game will spoil some stuff from the first game, but even on its own, it's TOTALLY worth it.

Been trying for a half hour and I cant solve this voltage puzzle in the
robot room. I know i need 120v but I cant get them to match up.

Need a screenshot or something :|

edit: nvm finally got it

SmithnCo

Keep in mind there are big spoilers for 999 in this game. So if you ever want to play that, I'd say to play it before this one.

But if you don't care about that, I'd say go for it. The game is great on its own.

Vibed

Despite Dio's ending showing nothing that wasn't already hinted at,
it nearly confirmed all my hunches like Phi's timeline jumping, the world outside likely being Mars, Dio's involvement, and so on.

Sooooo satisfying to
get through the 9 door, especially after being pinned down by the other players in another ending.

i have exausted the right side of the chart fully.

so much to absorb between
everyone going crazy and you being a robot?, plus a space station

Just got the game yesterday and played for several hours straight. Immediately got stuck in the Crew Quarters segment, illustrating how one needs to be incredibly thorough in order to succeed at the this game. Seriously, as someone who had no problems with 999, this game made me feel stupid as hell for about hour or so :/

Zero III is also the greatest damned character. I was immediately skeptical of him/her upon seeing the character in the reveal OVA, even rolled my eyes about how they could have possibly gone so wrong with such a "wacky" character in what are allegedly grim circumstances, but man how wrong I was. I spend the entire game just lookin forward to Zero III's next appearance

Instro

Been avoiding this thread so as to not run into any spoilers or information, but I wanted to drop by and say that the game is pretty awesome so far. I haven't progressed very far yet, as of now I have reached
a to be continued ending with Alice and Quark needing enough medicine for both of them, guess I'll find that answer in some other path. Judging from the dialogue Quark is more than he seems, looking forward to seeing where that leads
. It does somewhat bug me that the entire story tree is available to look at from the get go, sure it doesn't tell you anything specific but it's pretty easy to see which paths are the rights ones and which are dead ends. Perhaps next time they could have it reveal as you work your way through, rather than being immediately full. I've been avoiding looking at it, but now that I'm on to my 2nd run I can't help but see it. Oh well.

Otherwise though I'm enjoying it immensely, it seems to me that the puzzles are more difficult this time around which is much appreciated. The characters have some great chemistry, I particularly enjoyed the interactions during the
B. Garden area, with Sigma trying to get the girls to sit with him on the benches, and Alice making jokes about the shed. Funny dialogue.

I'll have to pop in here more often to post my story theories as the game progresses, it's some I had a lot of fun doing in the 999 thread. And certainly coming back after the game was over to read other peoples ideas was a blast too.

Question about the Magenta Door path(s).

The translation hints that I should know both the username and password. The only route I've done prior to this is the TO BE CONTINUED with Phi and K needing to be saved. Am I missing something?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Question about the Magenta Door path(s).

The translation hints that I should know both the username and password. The only route I've done prior to this is the TO BE CONTINUED with Phi and K needing to be saved. Am I missing something?
You should but you don't... yet. Keep playing.

Feep

Banned
Right path spoilers:

My mouth DROPPED at the scoreboard after the double Axelavir shot. Phi, Dio, K, and Clover ALL lie their asses off and run betray, and then the AUTOMATIC VOTE goes betray when Alice snuck in at the last second. Literally every result but my own was a shock.

Awesome. = D

Pharros

Now I've played 999 before and I know that the order in which you progress doesn't really matter, but are there any specific endings in this game that should wait until later? Also I'm doing the path with the main room that freezes first, hopefully it is a decent one to start with as I don't want to risk any freezes just in case.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Dont know why, but after ... 7-8 puzzle rooms I hit one that fries my brain. Any super basic help with the crew quarters?

Seriously, super basic. I havent gotten anything concrete in there yet other than the super obvious stuff you can pick up. I assume you need to get the lockers open and that the drawings on the wall correspond with that, but I am super clueless. It doesnt make any sense at all to me atm.

Mzo

When you realize why the safe passwords exist from a game design standpoint, keeping in mind the biggest complaint people had about 999... pretty good solution.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got 5/8 endings. Everything fell into place once I got
Dio's ending.

Also, how do I get the Gold File on the Elevator (first stage)?

Well I think I may be...somewhat close to finishing this game. I just wanted to post the order that I got the endings and some thoughts and speculation before I continue on. I have gotten various endings so I wouldn't hilight this until you've beaten the game just incase.

Lock #4 - There isn't enough anti-viral medication! - End of Day 1
WHAT? Theres locks? And atleast four locks? And theres a flowchart. Yep, the flowchart is part of the story confirmed. Forget morphogenic time travel, now we have direct time travel.
Lock #8 - How do we stop Phi?
Sigma knows that Alice betrayed him! Flowchart plot confirmed! Of course, for the next several endings Sigma doesn't know. Dat logic...
Phi - Game Over
Lock #6 - Where did Alice go?
Its been awhile but I forgot why this is even locked lol. I mean I thought I found Alice in this...
Director's office - Solve the mystery of the two-jeaded lion!
I...think I am supposed to know the password, especially since it showed the whole flashback/foreard thing. But Memento Mori, Remember Death, or any combination of them or Nine/Nineth Lion didn't work. So maybe not? But its not a lock...and I aready gots a flashback/forward...
Luna - Game Over 1
K - Game Over
Damnit K. Damnit everyone. Everyone who gets 9 BP goes out the door. Fuck everyone! Aso donno (why is it spelled like that?) when this happened but K's memories seems to suggest that he was the child of Junpei and Akane. But...
Lock #1 -How can Phi and K be saved? - End of Day 2
Dio - Game Over
Dio - End
HOLY SHIT! First off it looks like the moon instead of a desert. But I'll assume the moon is the one in the sky.
Lock #2 - Is there proof it wasn't murder?
First lock I unlocked, after I locked it of course.
Tenmyouji - Game Over 1
Lock #3 - Five minutes of life!
Damn. Can't wait to see the conclusion to this. I suspect this may be the path to the true end.
Tenmyouji - End - End of Day 3
Tenmyouji is JENPEI' OH MY GOD! HOWEVER! IF Tenmyouji is telling the truth, then that means K was lying, or vice versa, or they are both lying. They are already liars.
Tenmyouji - Game Over 2
Alice - Game Over
Wat.
I have now come full circle and unlocked lock 4.

My speculation: We are about 100 years in the future from 2028. If Tenmyouji is Jenpei, the Akane is likely the old lady found in some of the endings. I think at the end of the game it is revealed that both Sigma and Phi will have the ability to time travel through their own minds only. Phi will be the one who killed 6 billion people, and Sigma will time travel back a hundred years, making the entire game not happen. (This is REALLY REALLY out there). The other possible is of course, Akane being Zero again (Luna?) Tenmyouji not being Junpei, and K might be him, but either way Akane was able to see in the future the radical 6 virus happening and saw if she set up this game, then Sigma would create a cure or something. Guess I'll see. Love the Zero Escape series so much.

Also I love the Nostalgia critic meme in this. THIS IS AN EX FROG!

Regarding the Infirmary puzzle,

Well, I figured it out, but more from working backward. There is an in-game method to obtaining it, it's just very obtuse.

ok I tried I got the escape pass but for the gold file
going backwards 5,4,3,2,1..didn't work... tried spelling death...didn't work... from the bed scanner

then figured I was missing something, went back to the drawer.. can't seem to figure out the amounts for those either... tried doing exactly what was on the picture Y-3, B-1, R-2... but wouldn't work...

any helpful tips?

Kazerei

Banned
Regarding the Infirmary puzzle,

ok I tried I got the escape pass but for the gold file
going backwards 5,4,3,2,1..didn't work... tried spelling death...didn't work... from the bed scanner

then figured I was missing something, went back to the drawer.. can't seem to figure out the amounts for those either... tried doing exactly what was on the picture Y-3, B-1, R-2... but wouldn't work...

any helpful tips?

When you looked at the medicine case the first time, you counted the number of blue pills, yellow triangles, and red bottles among all the tiles.

This time, compare the fabric to the medicine case, and look at the five corresponding tiles. Count the number of blue pills, yellow triangles, and red bottles among those five tiles.

When you looked at the medicine case the first time, you counted the number of blue pills, yellow triangles, and red bottles among all the tiles.

This time, compare the fabric to the medicine case, and look at the five corresponding tiles. Count the number of blue pills, yellow triangles, and red bottles among those five tiles.

FUUUUUU

Top Bottom