• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Man I want to highlight all the spoilers.... Given all the school work I will have in the coming weeks I'm not gonna be able to highlight anything until a month!!!

Roto13

Which of these three things will lead me to the "True" ending? I only have these things left to do and I want to save the true ending for last.

Lock 9 (Who planted the bomb?), Lock 3 (Five minutes of life!), or the director's office computer (I think I have the username and password now)

Esura

Banned
Is it funny that it's been easier for me to get the gold files than it has been to solve the actual room puzzle?

This been my situation as well.

I've played everything on HARD so I don't have to replay the puzzles. One more puzzle left, one more ending left then the spoiler thread I go! :D

Kazerei

Banned
Which of these three things will lead me to the "True" ending? I only have these things left to do and I want to save the true ending for last.

Lock 9 (Who planted the bomb?), Lock 3 (Five minutes of life!), or the director's office computer (I think I have the username and password now)

Lock 9 is on the true ending path.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

9, but I highly suggest getting the other ones before you proceed.

Thoraxes

This been my situation as well.

I've played everything on HARD so I don't have to replay the puzzles. One more puzzle left, one more ending left then the spoiler thread I go! :D

Yeah, i'm keeping myself from going on Easy no matter what. Even if my brain hurts!

kewlmyc

Just got he Grandpa's ending (my second behind Dio).
Did they just hint at him being old Junpei? What the hell sense does that make if this takes place one year after 999? I hope the other endings go into this. Also, what the hell is up with Dio's ending? Clones? Well, I guess it's not the most bizarre thing in the Zero Escape series.

pariah164

Just got he Grandpa's ending (my second behind Dio).
Did they just hint at him being old Junpei? What the hell sense does that make if this takes place one year after 999? I hope the other endings go into this. Also, what the hell is up with Dio's ending? Clones? Well, I guess it's not the most bizarre thing in the Zero Escape series.

*cackles madly*

It's so much fun watching people lose it over this.

Cbajd5

Ha. Ha ha ha.

Oh come on, the Clover ending is just grim.

EDIT:
Yet I completely expected something like this to happen too.

Nexas

Just finished this game and holy fuck that was intense. Easily my GOTY so far.

Regarding Luna's and the true ending I just realized that
MILKEVOLI spells "I LOVE KLIM" backwards.
Those feels.

pariah164

Just finished this game and holy fuck that was intense. Easily my GOTY so far.

Regarding Luna's and the true ending I just realized that
MILKEVOLI spells "I LOVE KLIM" backwards.
Those feels.

Luna's end got me on the verge of tears, but when I realized that little tidbit, I downright BAWLED. God, Luna...

MUST RESIST HIGHLIGHTING TEXT....

:(

Anyway just from what I've seen thus far (all of Magenta, and past the PEC room of Cyan) I am guessing:
Rad-6 is a bioweapon made by Free the Soul. And/Or Quark is a clone of Left like Dio is. But younger.

I finished the
lab last night and even though I did it, I still don't know how the gold file worked. I was so mindfucked about how I got it

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Repost:
Dont know why, but after ... 7-8 puzzle rooms I hit one that fries my brain. Any super basic help with the crew quarters?

Seriously, super basic. I havent gotten anything concrete in there yet other than the super obvious stuff you can pick up. I assume you need to get the lockers open and that the drawings on the wall correspond with that, but I am super clueless. It doesnt make any sense at all to me atm.

Anyone?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Aw shit

True end speculation:
doing the right-side routes right now but based on how easily tenmyouji was able to make clover trust him, the akane photo, reaction to old lady (probably akane) death, and the likely time difference, I'm thinking that he's Santa.

Instro

Haha ok this was pretty amazing:

As I mentioned earlier my first playthrough ended in a to be continued with Alice and Quark needing medicine so I decided to go back to the AB Room round 1 of that tree, this time choosing betray instead of ally because in my first playthrough Alice betrayed me instead. I was totally expecting it to be a double betrayal, instead Alice switches to Ally and Sigma launches into a scene about the outcome being different from last time even giving providing flashbacks of the previous AB game. You know its a 999 sequel when gameplay starts intertwining with the narrative.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh, I got this last night. One of the easiest platinums on Vita, or overall.

The plat trophy looks like a silver trophy. Should've did what Tales does and make it green.

dsK5q.jpg

Great game. Wasn't diggin' it at first but when it started to ramp up, it got very very interesting.

Phenomic

Alright can I ask someone and while keeping spoilers to a minimum regarding how I should be playing this game and stuff regarding "Flow" and Round 1

Okay so I'm not sure how exactly I should be playing this, but I went and experimented a little with Alice and Phi in the Crew Quarters and the Ambidex game.

I've noticed the sequences and dialogue change when you jump back and choose a different path. For example, Choose Ally the first time and she chooses Betray and then I went back and did the opposite and got the opposite result (choose betray and she went Ally) despite the fact that the game knew I choose the opposite last time and addressed it as such. Then did it a third time with the same one and still got the same result with again different dialogue.

Needless to say it's F'ing with my mind and I'm not sure what ramifications this is having on the game if any at all. But somehow it knows I'm changing the future and I have no clue how Sigma knows he's able to do that yet. I Mean the future influencing the past... rock paper scissors. My mind is imploding right now.

Also! No matter how many times I do the selection I assume the opposite effect will happen on the path no matter how many times I choose what I choose in the Alice path correct? I mean if I went and did it 10 times ... 100 times she would still choose Ally and I would choose Betray and vice versa? Am I correct on that?

So I guess my point in all that is should I be playing like this or is it wrong to continually jump around? Should I just go straight through to one ending start back from the beginning etc?

Also how the heck are people skipping dialogue with spamming the buttons.

Ugh... Classes are cancelled tomorrow... The temptation to start the game is just too high! >.<

Is it possible to do one novel section one day, then the Puzzle the next? Then rinse and repeat as time goes on without losing any impact of the story? I want to play this as soon as possible, but not get sucked in too much. :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Alright can I ask someone and while keeping spoilers to a minimum regarding how I should be playing this game and stuff regarding "Flow" and Round 1

Okay so I'm not sure how exactly I should be playing this, but I went and experimented a little with Alice and Phi in the Crew Quarters and the Ambidex game.

I've noticed the sequences and dialogue change when you jump back and choose a different path. For example, Choose Ally the first time and she chooses Betray and then I went back and did the opposite and got the opposite result (choose betray and she went Ally) despite the fact that the game knew I choose the opposite last time and addressed it as such. Then did it a third time with the same one and still got the same result with again different dialogue.

Needless to say it's F'ing with my mind and I'm not sure what ramifications this is having on the game if any at all. But somehow it knows I'm changing the future and I have no clue how Sigma knows he's able to do that yet. I Mean the future influencing the past... rock paper scissors. My mind is imploding right now.

So I guess my point in all that is should I be playing like this or is it wrong to continually jump around? Should I just go straight through to one ending start back from the beginning etc?

Also how the heck are people skipping dialogue with spamming the buttons.

It's definitely not wrong to jump around. I originally started on the cyan path... got as far as I could then moved over to the magenta one, and then finally the yellow one. Part of the game is finding your own experience through all the various paths.

Noi

Aw shit

True end speculation:
doing the right-side routes right now but based on how easily tenmyouji was able to make clover trust him, the akane photo, reaction to old lady (probably akane) death, and the likely time difference, I'm thinking that he's Santa.

>:D

Eusis

Aw shit

True end speculation:
I had different guesses myself there (come read this later),
and I was closer to being correct: when I saw that photo, AND hearing some of the dialogue (especially Quark's letter) I was sure he was Junpei... and nailed it. I did however think that Zero was Santa, and that K was Santa's clone, but ah hahahahahaha.

Got the true end
... or so I think. Sigma (?) is in Kyle's body, and there's no where else to jump now. Guess it's time to wait on a sequel.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I had different guesses myself there (come read this later),
and I was closer to being correct: when I saw that photo, AND hearing some of the dialogue (especially Quark's letter) I was sure he was Junpei... and nailed it. I did however think that Zero was Santa, and that K was Santa's clone, but ah hahahahahaha.

Got the true end
... or so I think. Sigma (?) is in Kyle's body, and there's no where else to jump now. Guess it's time to wait on a sequel.

True end spoilers:

Sigma's consciousness is not in Kyle's body - it's you, the player. Akane straight up says this.

Eusis

True end spoilers:

Sigma's consciousness is not in Kyle's body - it's you, the player. Akane straight up says this.
That's why I put the question mark there, I thought it was that, or possibly even an amalgram of Sigma and Kyle. That was probably overthinking it though.

Roto13

Ugh... Classes are cancelled tomorrow... The temptation to start the game is just too high! >.<

Is it possible to do one novel section one day, then the Puzzle the next? Then rinse and repeat as time goes on without losing any impact of the story? I want to play this as soon as possible, but not get sucked in too much. :/

It's possible. In theory. :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Combine two things to create a key for room 03

Yeah, already
have access to every room, but the problem is that I have no clue what to do in them. I guess you had to take the knife from room 03 and then use it somewhere, but I assume everything that I can cut is locked in those lockers. I have no clue where to get the codes for them. I assume its the scribblings on the wall? But what the hell are they supposed to mean (if they are indeed the locker combinations)

Yeah, already
have access to every room, but the problem is that I have no clue what to do in them. I guess you had to take the knife from room 03 and then use it somewhere, but I assume everything that I can cut is locked in those lockers. I have no clue where to get the codes for them. I assume its the scribblings on the wall? But what the hell are they supposed to mean (if they are indeed the locker combinations)

The locker in room 03 is unlocked.

Nexas

So I decided to start a fresh playthrough. I'm curious if *Luna Ending Spoilers*
the game will let me put in the password even though I shouldn't know it yet. It would be kind of neat if the game acknowledged that I had "cheated."

Hylian7

Just got my first ending (sort of):
It's where I got to the computer with the login ID and password about the ninth lion. I wasn't sure what they could be, so I tried some things and then just hit back. I thought afterward that "016" might have something to do with it, but then it was just "To be continued..." from there. The coffin ending of this game?

Vibed

Working on Alice's ending. Question, is Luna's ending
the true ending? Judging by the way you get into it, that is.

Eusis

Ah hahaha, far from it. You have to keep plugging away until the whole flowchart's filled up.
And you have to keep going all over it in the true path.

Kazerei

Banned
Just got my first ending (sort of):
It's where I got to the computer with the login ID and password about the ninth lion. I wasn't sure what they could be, so I tried some things and then just hit back. I thought afterward that "016" might have something to do with it, but then it was just "To be continued..." from there. The coffin ending of this game?

Yeah, kind of. But there are actually multiple locks in the story lines where you have to meet certain conditions. Otherwise, the screen goes to "To be continued..." If I recall correctly, there was only one such lock in 999.

Nope! It's more like the safe ending. Well, kind of, but not really. The true ending has way more conditions.

Eusis

Nope! It's more like the safe ending. Well, kind of, but not really. The true ending has way more conditions.
To an extent all the REAL endings come off as "safe" endings. Well, aside from the one betrayal, but that's literally rewind and pick the opposite choice, then pop back if necessary.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh, I got this last night. One of the easiest platinums on Vita, or overall.

The plat trophy looks like a silver trophy. Should've did what Tales does and make it green.

Great game. Wasn't diggin' it at first but when it started to ramp up, it got very very interesting.

I envy you. :<

i might get it tomorrow or later though.

Top Bottom