• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

I figure this is a safe place to ask this without the chance to spoil myself or bump an old thread.

Im currently on the path to my third ending in the first game and have a few questions:

It will be very very clear what the "good" ending will be correct?

Is anything unlocked after getting all the endings?

I heard the second game is much much longer and i am curious if the puzzle sequences are skippable yet or is it just text still?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I figure this is a safe place to ask this without the chance to spoil myself or bump an old thread.

Im currently on the path to my third ending in the first game and have a few questions:

I heard the second game is much much longer and i am curious if the puzzle sequences are skippable yet or is it just text still?

The true ending will be clear, yes.

Make sure you beat all the puzzles on Hard to get the epilogue ending.

You can skip puzzles you've already solved.

Eusis

- Yeah, it'll be pretty clear.

- More ending

- It's a soft skip. Take a look in your archive, notice how the Pass parts never wipe out? You can literally go back to a puzzle room, head straight to the key box, and put that in and get right out. Kinda curious to see how that works out narratively in a few rooms actually...

Just got the Game Over on the
Alice
route.
Did she really wake up, immediately run into the AB room, and pick 'betray' to kill Sigma after he had just saved her life? What a jerk!

CYAN PATH, FIRST AB GAME SPOILERS:

Pretty sure this is the first time Dio did not pick Betray. Calling it now, Luna is someone he knows in real life. Probably a woman he had a relationship with.

Eusis

Just got the Game Over on the
Alice
route.
Did she really wake up, immediately run into the AB room, and pick 'betray' to kill Sigma after he had just saved her life? What a jerk!
Yeah,
it's honestly kind of hilarious how eager she is to keep betraying you, and only you
. With the other path
I'm actually vaguely disappointed that didn't default to ally, just to make her "betray Sigma whenever he allies" stance more ludicrous.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
CYAN PATH, FIRST AB GAME SPOILERS:

Pretty sure this is the first time Dio did not pick Betray. Calling it now, Luna is someone he knows in real life. Probably a woman he had a relationship with.
I need a 'cackle maniacally' gif for this topic or something

So how far into the game until I start getting actual endings instead of just "To Be Continued"s? Granted, I've only gotten two endings, (one Game Over and the other To Be Continued) but I really want to see the end of that middle left path.

So how far into the game until I start getting actual endings instead of just "To Be Continued"s? Granted, I've only gotten two endings, (one Game Over and the other To Be Continued) but I really want to see the end of that middle left path.

I am over 21 hours into the game and I still have not seen an actual ending.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah,
it's honestly kind of hilarious how eager she is to keep betraying you, and only you
. With the other path
I'm actually vaguely disappointed that didn't default to ally, just to make her "betray Sigma whenever he allies" stance more ludicrous.

Don't believe Alice's lies! I was really shocked when that happened... how the heck did she wake up so quickly?? She's totally lying about Ice-9 I bet.

Yeah,
. With the other path

Sigma just can't catch a break.

Hmm actually, I got a bit further in and so many things are just.... out of whack.

Here is my insane hypothesis:
This is a different Dio... thats why there's no dead old woman, and this Dio is actually nice.

I am over 21 hours into the game and I still have not seen an actual ending.

That's frightening... But I guess that just means the next 10 hours or so of gameplay will be absolutely mind blowing!

This good enough?

2296717_o.gif

Eusis

Don't believe Alice's lies! I was really shocked when that happened... how the heck did she wake up so quickly?? She's totally lying about Ice-9 I bet.
I think that path WAS shorter, but
it's still so absurd how it happened anyway. It's practically trolling at that point.
Doubly so considering (bigger spoilers)
it's the path to her ending.

Vibed

Kagari, Eusis, he said the first game, not VLR. :p

The good ending will be very clear yes. You actually have to get one other important ending to view it.

No, nothing is unlocked if you get all the endings besides a few icons on your save profile.

There is no hard mode, by the way.

Yeah, VLR is at the very least twice as long, maybe three times. No puzzle sequences have to be redone either. Every route leads to a new puzzle!

Ok... I'm at the part where you need to decode

the Myrmidon string of letters... but I accidentally clicked on archive and now I can't do the puzzle because I cant SEE the string of fucking letters. Can someone just give me the answer?

SmithnCo

the Myrmidon string of letters... but I accidentally clicked on archive and now I can't do the puzzle because I cant SEE the string of fucking letters. Can someone just give me the answer?

"completed" I think.

Nexas

I think it is
COMPLETED

About to finish my 999 rampage tonight, time for the final ending. The way the story unfolds is amazing. Great job of introducing new mysteries without frustrating me, pretty much the opposite of Lost.

One complaint is replaying the puzzles and holding down the dpad for minutes at a time is pretty dull, but it seems they have solved this in Zero Escape? Also this would have sucked without a guide after the 3 basic endings, there are too many things that can lead back to those endings.

SmithnCo

One complaint is replaying the puzzles and holding down the dpad for minutes at a time is pretty dull, but it seems they have solved this in Zero Escape?

Yup, completely solved it. You can skip through the flow, and skip scenes without holding a button down.

Cbajd5

Oh yeah, I finished this at 4:30 AM. Still need to go read all the Gold File stuff.

All the revelations probably would've been more SHOCKING if I didn't spoil myself about most of the major things before hand. I did manage to completely forget about the keyhole on the tombstone despite everything though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am gonna get this game tomorrow for the 3DS (along with Theaterhytm)! Fuck can't waittttttt.

Just a check regarding to the reports of crashes and such in the 3DS version, I only need to be careful about not saving in puzzle rooms and I am golden, right?

Aeana

Okay, I'm missing one file in the whole game, and it's in the PEC. I can SEE IT, but I can't seem to claim it.
It's right underneath the barometer. How do I get it?

GSR

Finished Dio and Alice's endings, going to try for Sigma's as well later tonight. Dio's was surprisingly awesome, Alice's surprisingly not.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Okay, I'm missing one file in the whole game, and it's in the PEC. I can SEE IT, but I can't seem to claim it.
It's right underneath the barometer. How do I get it?

You need to have
Clover get it for you. When you go inside the PEC chamber and Clover leaves, search the glass and she'll talk to you from outside.

Then tell her to look under the barometer and she'll get the file for you :)

Aeana

You need to have
Clover get it for you. When you go inside the PEC chamber and Clover leaves, search the glass and she'll talk to you from outside.

Then tell her to look under the barometer and she'll get the file for you :)

Huh. That is oddly obscure. I managed to finish that room without the file just fine before, too. Thanks.

Ridley327

So, with four endings under my belt, I decide to finally pursue the rightmost branch. This game needs to warn you better when the bombs start, because
what the hell was going on in the first round of voting.

This goddamn game...

Vibed

It's so weird how seemingly good characters will do a complete Face Heel Turn on you and betray you at the last second. One second they're all, "Oh yeah I'll ally" then they back stab you or they'll say "I would never open the 9 door without you guys" and do it anyways while giving a lame excuse. Sometimes they say they're doing it for good reasons, but I always think, "You fucking asshole."

So my game has crashed twice in the pec. I go in with clover and temoji and the game crashes when I try to leave the pressure chamber.

Should i talk the other path and go back later or will it always crash there

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Paging Akselziys or any owner/players of 3DS version:

Just a check regarding to the reports of crashes and such in the 3DS version, I only need to be careful about not saving in puzzle rooms and I am golden, right?

GSR

Finished Sigma and Quark's routes, looks like I'll be able to finish in the next day or two. Sigma's ending was a bit disappointing -
I was hoping to get a little more on his backstory besides "he has cybernetic arms somehow". Presumably I'll get my answers in the true end.
Quark's was good but it ended really, really abruptly -
that said, totally called the old woman's identity.

All of which leaves Luna and Phi. This is going to get interesting...

Top Bottom