• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Eusis

All right guys. Going to dive into this tonight when I inevitably lose power for the hurricane.

My question (checked the OP, last few pages, didn't see anything) is if there is any type of specifics I need to complete in order to get the true ending, ala 999? As in, do I need to reach certain types of endings first? Complete mandatory "story check points"? I used a non spoiler flowchart for 999 and that was great. Is something similar at work here?
Yes, but they added the ability to jump around to specific points of the story as necessary, so unlike 999 you don't need to worry about consulting a guide for an efficient playthrough. Well, I guess you COULD be more efficient, but the savings isn't worth spoiling the experience for.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
All right guys. Going to dive into this tonight when I inevitably lose power for the hurricane.

My question (checked the OP, last few pages, didn't see anything) is if there is any type of specifics I need to complete in order to get the true ending, ala 999? As in, do I need to reach certain types of endings first? Complete mandatory "story check points"? I used a non spoiler flowchart for 999 and that was great. Is something similar at work here?
Basically to get the true end you need every other end. You'll never need a guide though, the flowchart is laid out for you in-game.

SmithnCo

You can skip around the flow (timeline basically) at will, so it isn't really an issue here. When part of a flow gets locked out, you can take another path until you can unlock it.

Busaiku

Bah, I deleted the Lion thinking I didn't need it anymore.
Can anyone tell me what it is again? I can only remember the number.

Eusis

Bah, I deleted the Lion thinking I didn't need it anymore.
Can anyone tell me what it is again? I can only remember the number.
Whatever you need will be marked on the flowchart and you can see that bit again very quickly. So zoom in and poke around your list until you find it.

Eusis

Yeah, but I'm already at the input and didn't save that darn room.
Just back out, you'll be booted back to the flow chart.

EDIT: A bit late, but there's seriously nothing to worry about short of saving in some puzzle rooms on the 3DS. Well, and I suppose jumping out of a puzzle half way, but anything in the novels is safe to leave and come back to later without too much repetition.

LarryButz

yessss order finally came in from amazon and got the blue watch

DSC02924size.jpg

DSC02933.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Excellent, thanks for the quick responses, guys. The flowchart seems super handy and convenient. A great touch.

One more quick tip.

In each room you get two passwords...one for the Safe (to receive the key to get out) and one for Hidden Archives, which are bonus materials (very spoiler-y, might want to not read them till post-game).

You can use both passwords in one play-through of a room but DO NOT use the Safe Password (it's the left password on the Password Archive Screen) UNTIL you get the Hidden Archive Password as once you get the key from the safe, the characters won't let you explore anymore and force you to leave. Happened to me during my first room play-through.

Midou

So I finally beat it all, pretty fucking crazy though
some of the major mindfucks of the ending were quite.. duplicate.. from ever17, I still appreciated it quite a bit

edit: nvm, had some questions but I got it.

edit 2:

One question about the situation at the end though.
Why did Sigma have that trigger of Phi speaking quickly, as part of the Radical-6 effects, and Quark and Alice trying to kill themselves, but not everyone else? And why only that time for Sigma? If they were infected equally from the start, why did they not all have suicidal thoughts and all that? Plus I was pretty sure Sigma had mentioned he was a college student, but would people not have made comments about his age?

Did you unlock the treatment center door yet and freeze and replenish the two plants yet?

Didn't see the second of the two. Found it now and solved the puzzle.

edit: Holy fucking hell. The gold file... I think I figured something out.

TREATMENT CENTER GOLD FILE SPOILERS, and CYAN ROUTE/MAGENTA SPOILERS:

Holy fucking shit... maybe just maybe everyone was suspended in Cold Sleep, except for Junpei (if he is Teny). That would explain why he is so old while Clover isnt.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Didn't see the second of the two. Found it now and solved the puzzle.

edit: Holy fucking hell. The gold file... I think I figured something out.

TREATMENT CENTER GOLD FILE SPOILERS, and CYAN ROUTE/MAGENTA SPOILERS:

Holy fucking shit... maybe just maybe everyone was suspended in Cold Sleep, except for Junpei (if he is Teny). That would explain why he is so old while Clover isnt.

Tsk tsk tsk. This is why I said to save the gold files until you beat the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Typically they explain the gold file stuff right after you complete the puzzle. However, I'll heed your warning and stop reading them from now on.

Perhaps, but the gold files contain some really spoilerish stuff that often won't be fully explained until later on.

Eusis

Perhaps, but the gold files contain some really spoilerish stuff that often won't be fully explained until later on.
Even the TITLES spoil, so you flip through the list of those you have at your own risk:
I figured either Sigma WAS a robot, had something weird replacing his blood for the game's duration, or got cyborg limbs for some reason... and I saw the article mentioned "cybernetic arm" before I got to the proper reveal. Though that threw me off on suspecting BOTH arms were cybernetic.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Even the TITLES spoil, so you flip through the list of those you have at your own risk:
I figured either Sigma WAS a robot, had something weird replacing his blood for the game's duration, or got cyborg limbs for some reason... and I saw the article mentioned "cybernetic arm" before I got to the proper reveal. Though that threw me off on suspecting BOTH arms were cybernetic.

That actually happened to me too... which is why I suggest avoiding them so that mistake isn't repeated :<

Eusis

That actually happened to me too... which is why I suggest avoiding them so that mistake isn't repeated :<
Worth pointing out that the ones relating to his verbal tic are reasonably safe to read though.
Assuming that's even a factual account, which it probably isn't unless they're going off the deep end.

Still haven't gotten a real ending yet, but I've been down quite a few paths and between some revelations and knowledge of the story elements Uchikoshi likes, I think I'm starting to put some pieces together. Speculation (spoilers for various routes; probably best not to read unless you're deep into the game):
The key here is that, if we are to believe the newspaper article in the infirmary, Radical-6 is big enough to be a worldwide pandemic, yet none of the nine have heard of it before. A fair amount of time would need to pass for a new virus to be discovered and then get out of control, more time than the few days Sigma assumes it's been since his and the others' abduction. In fact, a way exists for the nine people in the compound to have been kept in stasis an indefinite amount of time - the cold sleep pods in the treatment room. I don't believe there's enough pods for everyone there, but there could easily be other pods elsewhere in the compound. Assuming that, I can suppose that all nine of them were kept in cold sleep for, say, 9 months (or years), 9 being the magic number after all, until it was time for the game to start. That gives Radical-6 enough time to spring up and spread in the outside world.

Moreover, considering the theme of "actions in the future changing the past", and Phi's statement that perhaps the world outside the compound is the box in which Schrodinger's cat is kept, I'm guessing that the reason for the nine's imprisonment is for them to perform some action that will change the past and prevent Radical-6 from causing widespread devastation. So, while they're in the compound, both the world in which Radical-6 is a problem and the world in which it isn't exist, and by the end they will make the right choices so that only the latter exists when they escape.

Not sure how the white liquid for Sigma plays into this yet; perhaps some cold sleep pods failed and the consciousnesses of those people were uploaded onto a robot.

Curious to see how right I end up being.

Got the
Clover
ending.

Jeez that came out of nowhere.

Umm.... what. I definitely got enough information to finish one of the TO BE CONTINUED things, but the game doesn't seem to think so. What bullshit.

Specifically:
Warehouse A: 5 MINUTES OF LIFE. In Clover's route we found an antidote for the bracelet poison. But Sigma doesnt remember in this route. Why the fuck not?

Going down
the middle path, just after the PEC. That Audio file on the memory card in the Infirmary.

What the hell is going on?!? Wha-. *Brain explodes* This is only my first path and AAAAHHHHHH So much confuzzling awesome!

Edit: Damn... To be continued. >.< It was a great path and I want to know what happened! GRRRR How long does it take to get the keys for these locks?

Nexas

Got the
Clover
ending.

Umm.... what. I definitely got enough information to finish one of the TO BE CONTINUED things, but the game doesn't seem to think so. What bullshit.

Specifically:
Warehouse A: 5 MINUTES OF LIFE. In Clover's route we found an antidote for the bracelet poison. But Sigma doesnt remember in this route. Why the fuck not?

That's not the info you need. As for why not I assume that
No one has the antidote on them in that path, and by the time Sigma told them about it and they got the antidote it would be too late

Midou

Got the
Clover
ending.

Specifically:

TBCs
go green when you can do them

Busaiku

Alright finished!

Not the biggest fan of the ending, but whatever.
Controlling this was a pain. The response time from the stylus was huge. Like I'd move the stylus around, and it would take (1/6)^0.5 time to register.
Not a fan of the bugs either.

I definitely liked it more than 999 though.
I guess cause I liked the direction more.

It also felt much more game-y this time around.
The puzzles required much more, and the flowchart was like a puzzle itself.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
When would be a good time to grab the gold files? I've been collecting them but I haven't looked at it yet since I was told it wasn't safe.

Eusis

Hollllly shit. Just got
K and filler text so people can't tell it is obviously K
's ending.

MAN my mind is full of fuck.
Yeah, I was expecting
a clone of Santa behind that mask, maybe Snake, but not THE MAIN CHARACTER. Which raised the question on if Sigma was himself a clone with partial memories or what.

Yeah, I was expecting
a clone of Santa behind that mask, maybe Snake, but not THE MAIN CHARACTER. Which raised the question on if Sigma was himself a clone with partial memories or what.

I was expecting
K to actually be a Golem. Well, he might still be a Golem which would explain the memory problems.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
When would be a good time to grab the gold files? I've been collecting them but I haven't looked at it yet since I was told it wasn't safe.

You should obtain them when you're clearing the puzzle rooms, else you'll gave to go back later and resolve the rooms to get the files.

MooMoo

Know what's hilarious? I didn't even do that puzzle... like... you can clear the room without doing it.
Don't you need to do it to get the gold file though? >.> I skipped it too though haha. Decided I had enough BS with the puzzles and just wanted to see the ending already. Then I hit the last room of puzzles EFFFFF.

Top Bottom