• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Artemisia

Banned
i really hate the tone shift from 999, but maaaaaan the voice work and direction for zero is so fucking great.

had someone dead right from the get go
so that kinda set the tone for the rest of the game.

Everything seems a bit more chill in this one. But I'm only at the beginning (just got the AB thing explained), so I'll see if things change.

bakedpony

had someone dead right from the get go
so that kinda set the tone for the rest of the game.

Everything seems a bit more chill in this one. But I'm only at the beginning (just got the AB thing explained), so I'll see if things change.

Not only that, the details surrounding
the state of the corpse as well as the image shown
really set up the brilliant tense atmosphere for the game.

Artemisia

Banned
Wait a GODDAMN SECOND

About the bracelets, early game spoilers.

why doesn't sigma know about the chemicals in the bracelet and that if your BP goes to 0 you die? I could have SWORN Zero went into a long explanation about the chemicals and the needles and all that shit

Wasuuuuuuuuuuuup! Siggyyyyyyyyyy! Phidooooooo!

I love it when he calls Dio B.O...Zero III is too awesome!

Wait a GODDAMN SECOND

About the bracelets, early game spoilers.

why doesn't sigma know about the chemicals in the bracelet and that if your BP goes to 0 you die? I could have SWORN Zero went into a long explanation about the chemicals and the needles and all that shit

LMAO! I’m early in the game and this stuck out for me too! I thought I was going crazy for a while.

Lusankya

Currently in the

ENDGAME SPOILERS:
Q room. Man it is making me feel stupid. Before I press on, does the game ever explain why the fuck Dio allies when facing Luna? She has no relation to him according to Luna route. Why is he so nice to her and her alone?

I think it's because, (Phi's end spoiler)
Dio doesn't manage to kill Akane in this timeline and was knocked out by Phi instead. I guess he feels confused. Maybe it's just the fact, that not even Dio would betray a person like Luna.

Artemisia

Banned
Early game spoilers

alice is seething because I just betrayed her ass. I try to explain and she just slaps me? No bitch, let me betray your sorry ass again. I will see to it that you die.

Early game spoilers

alice is seething because I just betrayed her ass. I try to explain and she just slaps me? No bitch, let me betray your sorry ass again. I will see to it that you die.

Early game spoilers:

Wow, I allied her and she betrayed me! What a cow! She's acting like it's not a big deal too!

Artemisia

Banned
Early game spoilers:

Wow, I allied her and she betrayed me! What a cow! She's acting like it's not a big deal too!

I am screaming
lmao.gif

And to think I was gonna go back and do the opposite because I felt bad.

these to be continued parts are really good, got my forth one today

the one where
sigma says he knows who set the bombs, im guessing obviously Dio, since it was one of the first endings i saw where he had the breifcase with the password detonation
My fav to be continued so far has to be
when Dio suffocates in the chamber pod, and his watch is left broken, leaving phi and k outside left to obviously die, really tense stuff

im now on the part where phi
discusses with sigma the alternate worlds in the archives room, some really dope trippy stuff similar to 999

no matter how many endings i see i dont think my heart can take another scoreboard megatons anymore,lol :(

i donno why but i still think
* luna **
is zero and i havent even got half way through the game yet, heh

Violet_0

Banned
to the European 3DS gamers out there - is there a way to get the game before the 24th of Dec? I checked Zavvi and the UK release seems to be the 16th Dec, but with mainland shipping and the Xmas rush it would never make it here in time. On play-asia, the 3DS version is US-only. It's rather inexpensive on Amazon, but comes out at the end of January

L00P

Wow, I SO DID NOT just play this game for six straight hours. I thought I'd just play a bit just before I sleep, next thing I know it's already three in the morning. And I can't sleep anymore because shit's getting crazy and I wanna know what happens next.

I only got two "endings" right now. The first one I got was Clover's. It was pretty...funny. Yeah. It's really weird that she's smiling all the time. "OH NO SOMEONE DIED :D"

Next one I got was K's ending. I think that a lot of shit were exposed in this storyline. It also gave me a hint to get that other path going.

I still need to "unlock" some of the paths, and I have yet to touch the rightmost branch. The clock says I have around 23 hours total playtime, and that is with only two endings out of like, nine or something. Didn't expect this to be such a long game. But that's probably because I got stuck in some of the puzzles, like that goddamned dartboard crap. I fucking hate math-related puzzles so much.

And does it only show the Japanese VAs when the credits are shown? I really want to know who voiced the English version of the rabbit. That thing's amusing.

I finished my first "playthrough" last night. Here are my thoughts so far.

I got an ending that was sort of on the middle of the chart and slightly to the left. I stuck with Tenmyouji the whole game because I wanted to see what was up with him, but at the end Alice got killed and Clover was about to go axe ending on everyone again.

This is probably wrong given that it's based on information from only one playthrough, but my impression from the lab stuff and Tenmyouji's dialogue is that the world has already been destroyed by Radical-6 and that the game probably takes place in 2050 or something like that. I don't know what else Tenmyouji could have meant at the end anyway, but it definitely seemed like everything was building up to him revealing that he was abducted in 2040 instead of 2038 (or whatever year everyone else got captured). But since the morphogenetic field is alluded to in the intro, I think that this Nonary Game was all set up to send information about Radical-6 to the past to save the world. This could have something to do with Akane, since the developer answers for 999 said that her plans were beyond human imagination or something like that.

I like the music but I'm disappointed that they didn't make a new morbid "shit just got real" theme and reused Trepidation instead. Trepidation was awesome and all, but a big part of that because of its impact from the first time it played. On that note, I'm kind of disappointed that this game didn't have too many super-hard-hitting moments on my route - there was nothing like the ninth man or Snake dying this time. Maybe it's because I played 999 first and my expectations are too high, but so far this game doesn't have the same sense of dread.

Also, I think Quark is deaf based on the interaction Sigma and Tenmyouji had with him in the infirmary.

Jintor

I'm a fucking idiot and don't know what to do with this poster and these elevator buttons and this glowy screen machine

/edit nevermind i miscounted

I really need a stylus for this though. All this fingerwork is tiring.

Omikaru

Question for people who finished the game regarding unlocking different endings:

I've just got my first 'Game Over'
(Luna Game Over 1)
, and I was wondering what I should do next. Should I work my way down this leftmost fork on flow chart, filling in the forked endings as best as I can from left to right, or should I start from earlier on and go a completely different direction for the next few plays, and do the later forks in the flow chart another time? Will one be more enjoyable than the other? Does it really matter?

Lusankya

Question for people who finished the game regarding unlocking different endings:

I've just got my first 'Game Over'
(Luna Game Over 1)
, and I was wondering what I should do next. Should I work my way down this leftmost fork on flow chart, filling in the forked endings as best as I can from left to right, or should I start from earlier on and go a completely different direction for the next few plays, and do the later forks in the flow chart another time? Will one be more enjoyable than the other? Does it really matter?

No, it doesn't matter. Personally I always went back to the nearest branch.

Omikaru

I think I've worked something out about Tenmyouji and Quark (spoilers, obviously).

I just discovered the old woman is missing a watch. Then it clicked. Tenmyouji brought Quark into the game for some reason (I learned this yesterday on my first playthrough), and she's missing a watch, plus Quark is missing (an in the other game Quark's watch was found, but no Quark).

My guess: Tenmyouji killed the old woman, and put her watch on Quark. He, however, can remove and replace it as he wishes.

But how he got her corpse into the AB room is another mystery...

Edit: Just progressed further. Nope, this one is wrong! D:

Eusis

Weird ..there is nothing in the game aside fro the game ? no manual ..nothing aside from the box and the cart...

is this normal ?
In the US, unfortunately. It seems SCEA actively forbids physical manuals from being included, whereas it seems to be more up to each publisher in Japan and I believe Europe. Frustrating to me, it's great to not force companies that won't put forth the money, but I don't like seeing companies like Xseed and Atlus that still care being forced to cut them out.

At least the digital manuals for Vita games are more interesting to look at than those for 3DS games.

LiK

I don't mind digital manuals on Vita. the ability to go to Live Area without quitting the game makes it less of a hassle than a physical manual. I was double checking about the Skip function and digital manual had the answer for me.

I have no doubt this post will be ignored because I am a lowly junior member without an icon, but my game finally arrived today and the watch is broken. It turns on just fine, but the rubber lines are not connected to the watch face. There are two little metal bits sticking out of the rubber that I think should be attached, but I don't think it can be reconnected. So basically, I can't wear the thing at all. Is there any hope that I can get a replacement? I made the mistake of taking the plastic wrap off the game before checking the watch. Should I contact Aksys or Amazon? Most likely I'm screwed.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I have no doubt this post will be ignored because I am a lowly junior member without an icon, but my game finally arrived today and the watch is broken. It turns on just fine, but the rubber lines are not connected to the watch face. There are two little metal bits sticking out of the rubber that I think should be attached, but I don't think it can be reconnected. So basically, I can't wear the thing at all. Is there any hope that I can get a replacement? I made the mistake of taking the plastic wrap off the game before checking the watch. Should I contact Aksys or Amazon? Most likely I'm screwed.

Probably best to contact Aksys. Amazon probably doesn't have any extra stock at this point.

The manual can be accessed from the menu that comes up before you enter the game on Vita.
i know that ..i was expecting something ... not the full manual but at least a summarizzed version ..i was just expecting "something" aside from just the game

Bear with me but the last vita game i got ( project diva F ) had so many things inside ..that just seeing "nothing" surprised me ..

In the US, unfortunately. It seems SCEA actively forbids physical manuals from being included, whereas it seems to be more up to each publisher in Japan and I believe Europe. Frustrating to me, it's great to not force companies that won't put forth the money, but I don't like seeing companies like Xseed and Atlus that still care being forced to cut them out.

At least the digital manuals for Vita games are more interesting to look at than those for 3DS games.

True.

-------
1 hours 21 minutes of playing this game is awesome!!!!
The chemistry between each characters is so well done..and i'm already making theories

Ridley327

Right path spoilers:
Man, you kinda wished that someone would have screamed at Clover to not give Dio the cyanide capsule. I figured that was going to be a bad end anyway, but still.

So, of the two paths I now have available on the right, which would be the one to pick: Sigma's, or Phi's?

Omikaru

Just unlocked Dio's ending. That's my first proper ending, and not a dead-end or game over.

This game is not letting up on the mind fuckery. Every ending raises more questions, and very few of them are being answered. D:

Love it, though. Even now I can see it's a GOTY contender.

Vibed

HOLY SHIT ha ha ha ha, I'm on Phi's ending (Tenmyouji ending spoiler)
and Tenmyouji just pulled the same kind of stunt as he did on Ace in the first game with the whole "That detonator is a fake." thing. Kind of like the, "No, I'm Santa." line. Also, what Phi said about Schrodinger's Cat is starting to help decode the purpose of the Ambidex Game.

Some Speculation at this point:
So I'm guessing Zero (who is likely Santa/Aoi) created the game to literally change the world and save life from the Myrmidons. He probably kidnapped Alice and Clover before the raid knowing it would fail and they'd die. If Zero is Aoi, then the "project" he was working on was likely the Ambidex Game and Akane in working with him knew she would die. They probably knew about the Myrmidons from researching Ace's involvement with Free the Soul, which is what their bigger plan was that was mentioned in the first game. K was kind of like the son and -since he was in Aoi's life only to participate in the game- was told the password to the computer.

Top Bottom