• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

GSR

Alice can't vote and I have 6BP. Bye, bitch.
clapback.gif

Between your avatar, your decisions, and your gifs I think I'm really going to enjoy watching you play VLR.

Midou

So is nothing canon (not even in my own mind) then? I will see all possible outcomes/twists and variations? That seems really weird and is kind of bumming me out right now.. Of course ill continue playing.. But I hope this makes sense.

As others have said, you will see. The only way to explain is to spoil it, but don't worry about canon, it all fits in as it should.

LiK

So is nothing canon (not even in my own mind) then? I will see all possible outcomes/twists and variations? That seems really weird and is kind of bumming me out right now.. Of course ill continue playing.. But I hope this makes sense.

it will all make sense in the end. just keep going.

Midou

lolol, I totally did that too.

PEACE BITCHES.... wait, no, what are you doing, nooooooooooo!!!!

Yeah, I knew it was coming too, but I had to see what would happen.

Alternate ending for that could have been
he goes outside, sees a mirror and learns the truth, his brains then melt through his ears

Just got my first “To be Continued...”

Quark and Alice had been
infected with the virus but I only had enough medicine to save one of them.

So I assume I now go to the flow chart and simply pick another path and see how far I can get again?

Alice can't vote and I have 6BP. Bye, bitch.
clapback.gif

This post is beautiful.

Eusis

Just got my first “To be Continued...”

Quark and Alice had been
infected with the virus but I only had enough medicine to save one of them.

So I assume I now go to the flow chart and simply pick another path and see how far I can get again?
Pretty much. It was the first path I did actually.

Vibed

I feel proud solving the final room all by my self. There are some really hard puzzles in there, but it only took me 40 minutes tops. :3

Artemisia

Banned
um holy shit that was grim as fuck

they just cut my hand off and leave? I'll be sure to fuck over Dio, K, and that bag of dust next time I get the chance

Quark
, what the hell is wrong with you? o_O

Just before entering the REC room Tenmyouji said he
doesn’t want to go in a door with K because K betrayed Clover. Errrrr...no he didn’t – he betrayed Alice.
Was that a mistake or what?

K blocked the door when I tried to go in with Alice and Clover - hmmmmm. He also said he didn’t want to go in a room with Alice, and yet I’m now in the REC room with K and Alice.
Wut?!

Also, holy shit and when Phi said
"maybe the results will be different this time" on my second play through while waiting for the voting results. What are you Phi?!
I WANT SOME ANSWERS!

And when did Zero III first say that if your
BP reaches 0 points you die - I can't remember. The whole "how did you know that Phi!" thing is really throwing me off since
Sigma heard it too!

Lastly, do certain things on repeated play throughs simply change not only by going through different doors, but by simply starting the game over? Don't say anything if it spoils something.

AniHawk

oh man. late-late game spoilers

i knew it was akane/june, which confirms we're in the future and clover and alice are along for the ride. going by luna's ending, sigma's some sort clone/restored version of junpei, who became a doctor, and k's dad i'm guessing. tenmyouji is santa. that's why he was so depressed.

Liked the PAL demo, even if there were few typos and a non non translated sentence (japanese) I hope the italian localization can mantain the jokes made with the english translation, even if it was for me I would be ok as it is.

Kazerei

Banned
And when did Zero III first say that if your
BP reaches 0 points you die - I can't remember. The whole "how did you know that Phi!" thing is really throwing me off since
Sigma heard it too!

Lastly, do certain things on repeated play throughs simply change not only by going through different doors, but by simply starting the game over? Don't say anything if it spoils something.

Zero doesn't explain about 0 BP until after the first AB game. That's why Alice freaks out about only having 1 BP during Zero's explanation. Phi somehow knew about the rule before.

A few lines of text might change, but otherwise the paths are always the same.

AniHawk

late-late spoilers

you're supposed to be on mars, aren't you?

oh god. we're on a moon of mars or something, aren't we?

Feep

Banned
Tonight I found a guy who loved 999, and had no idea Virtue's Last Reward even existed.

I just made his fucking year.

Crazy random theory: Quark
is actually Tenmyouji and they are both in different timelines.
Also, that
dead lady in the elevator = Tenmyouji’s wife?
He was so shaken up...

By the way, why did
the bomb not come up in my second play through? And why did the dead lady appear in my second play through but not my first?
What is going on!?!?

Wait a GODDAMN SECOND

About the bracelets, early game spoilers.

why doesn't sigma know about the chemicals in the bracelet and that if your BP goes to 0 you die? I could have SWORN Zero went into a long explanation about the chemicals and the needles and all that shit

LMAO! I’m early in the game and this stuck out for me too! I thought I was going crazy for a while.

LOL! We’re both dummies! Zero III at the start only tells them
if they don’t go through the chromatic doors when they open they will die by injections!

Later after the first votes have been worked out he tells them that if
your BP gets to 0 you also die.
Everything makes so much more sense now! >_<

Feep

Banned
Crazy random theory: Quark
is actually Tenmyouji and they are both in different timelines.
Also, that
dead lady in the elevator = Tenmyouji’s wife?
He was so shaken up...

By the way, why did
the bomb not come up in my second play through? And why did the dead lady appear in my second play through but not my first?
What is going on!?!?
I love reading stuff like this. Play on, sir. = D

The Hermit

Damn, I really wish this was on eShop... Can't find it anywhere here in Brasil :(

So is it better than 999? I am avoiding this thread like the plague, so excuse if it was already answered.

Damn, I really wish this was on eShop... Can't find it anywhere here in Brasil :(

So is it better than 999? I am avoiding this thread like the plague, so excuse if it was already answered.

I preordered from play-asia because there is no shipping fees, gonna take some time to arrive here.

LiK

I would say so. The interface, puzzles and overall flow is way better. Also, the amount of revelations and twists dwarf 999, imo.

Gah, the REC room...the dart puzzle is driving me nuts! I think I know what I have to do but I just can't get the combination!

I have to get the number
91, but I have to make the individual numbers get higher in order from red > blue > green.
Right?

EDIT: Did it!

Dio's ending is BULLSHIT
I concur! It's the first ending I got (after 27 frigging hours) and
I was thinking "really? REALLY?" during the whole explanation :| Hope the other ones are less... kooky? I've never been a fan of the whole crazy religion/cult thing. I hope it's not a major plot point in the overarching storyline, that would be disappointing to be honest.

I can't put the damn thing down. So. Good. So far and from what I can tell from the bits and pieces of story I've seen, VLR is making understanding 999's plot look like child's play. o_o

The puzzles in this one seem much harder than the one’s in 999. By brain is about to explode...

By the way guys, if you have headphones, use them for this game! Everything sounds so good!

Finally was able to start the game yesterday. Made it through the elevator puzzle room and I'm able to choose my first door. I like what I see of the characters and the voices so far. I find Phi to be a much better heroine than June was in 999.

I took longer in the puzzle room than I should by over thinking the puzzle with the old people and babies picture. Got to focused on the written below the picture and ignored the picture itself for a while.

I'm on what I assume is the final-final puzzle room of 999... please tell me that VLR lets you "fast foward" through content you've seen faster than 999 does.

These last couple playthroughs have been kind of frustrating, since I have everything memorized at this point but it still forces you to spend damn near an entire hour fast forwarding (and going-through-the-motions-puzzle-ing) just to get to the different path towards the end. I'd much rather just skip directly to the new pieces of dialogue (or even better, skip to a few moments before the new dialogue to give you proper context).

Top Bottom