• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Currently in the

ENDGAME SPOILERS:
Q room. Man it is making me feel stupid. Before I press on, does the game ever explain why the fuck Dio allies when facing Luna? She has no relation to him according to Luna route. Why is he so nice to her and her alone?

Venfayth

Currently in the

ENDGAME SPOILERS:
Q room. Man it is making me feel stupid. Before I press on, does the game ever explain why the fuck Dio allies when facing Luna? She has no relation to him according to Luna route. Why is he so nice to her and her alone?

Yeah the Q room was by far the most frustrating room in the game. And to answer your question about Dio and Luna - no. Not as far as I know, unless I missed something.

GSR

I seem to have been the only person who didn't mind the (endgame spoilers)
puzzles in the Q room
. Though I will say
the final puzzle was rather anticlimactic compared to 999's

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Late game spoilers:

Just like in the mini Ambidex game, Dio = Betrayer all the time, Luna = Ally all the time, Alice = Mirror man?

So, just got some nice info dumping down on the right branch of the center set (after second AB game).

Clover dropping all sorts of information on the SOIS, Alice's work, a terrorist organization that might be behind this, and mentions of the morphogenetic fields (plus Snake, Seven and Junpei are still out there somewhere).

Amazing. I love getting even more info on what is going on, and
hearing about where some of those other favorites are now at was pretty sweet.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Grrrrr... that's annoying. I sure hope you're just mistaken.
Pretty sure he isn't mistaken

Tbh though I don't remember Dio ever being particularly "nice" to Luna. There was one route I remember where he acted nice in the sense that he didn't betray every time, but that was most likely either to not stand out as a traitor or as a plot device, ie. to make everyone's BP turn out a certain way for the sake of the ending on that route

Ridley327

So, just got some nice info dumping down on the right branch of the center set (after second AB game).

Clover dropping all sorts of information on the SOIS, Alice's work, a terrorist organization that might be behind this, and mentions of the morphogenetic fields (plus Snake, Seven and Junpei are still out there somewhere).

Amazing. I love getting even more info on what is going on, and
hearing about where some of those other favorites are now at was pretty sweet.

You should keep playing and see where that takes you.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kazerei

Banned
Currently in the

ENDGAME SPOILERS:

I don't really understand why, either. Although, it's the timeline where Phi knocks out Dio, and then Akane puts her bracelet on Dio and moves him to the AB room with Quark anyway. Maybe something in his head got knocked loose :p

So in this topic how many of you are playing in Vita and how many is in 3DS? Which one is the greater number I wonder.

Vita! It's the better version :)
Only downside is having to write notes with actual pen and paper, but whatever.

AniHawk

okay. wild guesses. kinda all over the flow chart right now so generally unsafe spoilers:

1. this is actually the future like i thought
2. tenmyoldy is junpei. the old lady is akane/june
3. tenmyoldy is k's dad
4. radical-6 has taken over the world
5. sigma's a robit, so that means he had memories implanted, or he was once alive and was transferred into this body.
6. luna was trying to work on a cure in the outside world
7. dio was trying to save the world through fire or something
8. tenymouji brought quark along because he wanted to save him from the radical-6 world
9. alice and clover were frozen. they think it actually is 2028 when it's really years later. them and k are the only ones not from this time.
10. this also explains why tenmyouji trusts clover
11. this is also why the old lady's clothes look a lot like june's during 999, and why tenmyouji was so down afterward

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
okay. wild guesses. kinda all over the flow chart right now so generally unsafe spoilers:

1. this is actually the future like i thought
2. tenmyoldy is junpei. the old lady is akane/june
3. tenmyoldy is k's dad
4. radical-6 has taken over the world
5. sigma's a robit, so that means he had memories implanted, or he was once alive and was transferred into this body.
6. luna was trying to work on a cure in the outside world
7. dio was trying to save the world through fire or something
8. tenymouji brought quark along because he wanted to save him from the radical-6 world
9. alice and clover were frozen. they think it actually is 2028 when it's really years later. them and k are the only ones not from this time.

Some of your theories are interesting and mirrored my own before I got to the true end.

Had to take a break from gaming/internet for the past two days due to family stuff, but now I can return!

I will discover your secrets VLR.

Just ran into the save bug Unless a patch is released I don't think I will be playing/ finishing the game any time soon.

Unless there is a way to access the time line from the menu

Leeness

I played almost all day today and everything is getting cray cray.

I've done Dio and Clover's "endings" (lol... ) and I'm playing down the far left path right now. I haven't done a single thing in the right path, so that will be the last area I go through (which would be the
Crew Quarters
and beyond).

I'm curious though....

LATEISH GAME SPOILER QUESTION
I keep picking up these items before the ends, when can I use them? For example, in the ending where Sigma sacrifices himself for Quark, that's obviously where I'll eventually be able to use the injection gun that counteracts the poison, but I gave it a try going back into that scenario and nothing happened (even though the injection gun is in my inventory). I guess it will happen eventually, but made me sad that I couldn't do it once I got the gun :(

LATEISH GAME SPOILER RAMBLING
But yeah...getting obvious that Tenmyoldy is Junpei and old woman is Akane... Which has something to do with K, since it looked like the old woman was the "mother" in K's story. I don't know if Junpei was the "father" though because wasn't Junpei always looking for Akane? Or maybe he found her in the long time that's passed (obviously not Clover's "one year").

I still I have no idea what the fuck is with Quark, though, haha. Half the time, I think he's a murderer, half the time he's an innocent kid. I kind of want to say he's probably Zero Sr, despite what Junpei says about Junpei bringing him along. ...Or maybe that's WHY he brought Quark along. lol

I don't even know. Hahaha.

Ummm is it over?

I got to the part where akane/june says I'm key to help Phi and kyle but I see no new branches...... Only thing I see is that the June branch says end or Beginning but the others don't. Now why do I ask? I want to sleep. So I will do the June branch tomorrow if I have too. So tell me if I'm done or not!!! lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ummm is it over?

I got to the part where akane/june says I'm key to help Phi and kyle but I see no new branches...... Only thing I see is that the June branch says end or Beginning but the others don't. Now why do I ask? I want to sleep. So I will do the June branch tomorrow if I have too. So tell me if I'm done or not!!! lol

Go back down to Phi's ending route, there should be some new parts opened up.

Go back down to Phi's ending route, there should be some new parts opened up.

Second question.

Where would it stop you if you don't have all the gold files? Or does it? I have them all but I just want to know where it would of ended if I didn't.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Second question.

Where would it stop you if you don't have all the gold files? Or does it? I have them all but I just want to know where it would of ended if I didn't.

You can finish the story without having all the gold files. If you're playing on Vita, you'll need them for the Platinum trophy but that's about it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am honestly worried about my save getting glitched since I will be playing in 3DS. I am not even sure that the method of not saving in puzzle rooms is 100% safe. Is it safe? Or is it not? I guess at this point since I have purchased it there's nothing I can do but... the truth is I am a bit worried.

And Akselzys didn't answer my question before didn't help comforting me too... hmmh.

I'm curious though....

LATEISH GAME SPOILER QUESTION
I keep picking up these items before the ends, when can I use them? For example, in the ending where Sigma sacrifices himself for Quark, that's obviously where I'll eventually be able to use the injection gun that counteracts the poison, but I gave it a try going back into that scenario and nothing happened (even though the injection gun is in my inventory). I guess it will happen eventually, but made me sad that I couldn't do it once I got the gun :(

Like communism, that item is a red herring. You'll know when you have the real solution because it's pretty obvious.

Leeness

Like communism, that item is a red herring. You'll know when you have the real solution because it's pretty obvious.

Oh shit :O

*goes back to playing forever*

Also, this is the first time I've been (late spoilers)
through a white door! In the security room with Phi.

I'm stoked.

Ridley327

So, the route I was on ended in a massive cockblock, but I think that's OK, because it was shaping up to be what I could only imagine as being the true ending route.

Who could the bomber possibly be, as the images that comprise 2/3 of the flash of brilliance center around one character...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, the map stuff is really dragging down the early parts in the game as I attack new branches of the flowchart.

Those really need to be skippable, even if you've never seen them, they really serve very little purpose.

Also, holy shit. This game keeps blowing my mind in a different direction each branch. THIS GAME.

AniHawk

holy shit, k backstory!

i knew the old woman was the woman who was like a mother to him

did not see that twist coming from his ending though. that art of the old woman really makes her look like an older june

AniHawk

about 21 hours, and guessing... 70% through? going to be my most played 3ds game for sure (ghost recon shadow wars was 22 hours)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Man, the map stuff is really dragging down the early parts in the game as I attack new branches of the flowchart.

Those really need to be skippable, even if you've never seen them, they really serve very little purpose.

Also, holy shit. This game keeps blowing my mind in a different direction each branch. THIS GAME.

Yeah, the map stuff is really annoying on certain points where it won't let you skip because you go to different rooms to check around for nothing. Not necessary to show as much as they do at all, but it's pretty minor.

Also, does the lack of a voice for Sigma bother anyone else?

Feep

Banned
Yeah, the map stuff is really annoying on certain points where it won't let you skip because you go to different rooms to check around for nothing. Not necessary to show as much as they do at all, but it's pretty minor.

No...

No, it didn't bother me.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

It might've, but doesn't anymore

I'm sure it won't bother you by the end as well

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Sigma is not voiced because you the player are supposed to be able to "be in his situation" I suppose.

Not at all. That way I could picture him having my voice.

Pharros

Some path spoilers:
So I went down the leftmost path on my second run, and it just expanded and is huge... Am I accidentally doing a final ending or will it cut me off if I'm not supposed to do it yet? I assume to get the final ending you need all paths complete first, but either way, should I continue down this one so early?

Feep

Banned
Some path spoilers:
So I went down the leftmost path on my second run, and it just expanded and is huge... Am I accidentally doing a final ending or will it cut me off if I'm not supposed to do it yet? I assume to get the final ending you need all paths complete first, but either way, should I continue down this one so early?
You can't get the true ending so soon. Have fun. = D

Top Bottom