• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

ThankeeSai

This game!

Have loved every minute of it up to now, yes even the
church/arena

As for the
nursery....Scariest section by far, loved it.

Anyway, just a quick question about how far I am from completing.
I've just collected the last of the Dee letters and have now got to meet Dr Knight at the palace to get the panacea from him

I'm guessing I can't be too far from the end? How long rougly?

tkscz

Damn IT. I did trying to kill my last person. She had my shotgun and she was almost dead, some zombie gets me from behind. Just, damn it. On the plus got my first zombie from someone else game, so got a lot of stuff off him.

good to see a lot of you are enjoying this game since the reviews have been meh, getting a WiiU for Xmas or shortly after. after NSMB this might be my 2nd or 3rd game purchase. games might have to wait a little bit because i need a screen protector and a couple Wii remotes

Bumhead

Banned
Just noticed a message in the safe house about the ZombiU dev team and their official Miiverse account. Anyone know where it is.. or just fancy sharing it? Wouldn't mind following them.

Also, does anyone have any fool proof tips for the safe house defend section? I'm useless at that bit. I managed to blag my way through it in the normal game with 4 survivors, but its cutting my Survival mode attempts down to about half an hour tops. I reckon if I could get past that section I'd be able to give the rest of Survival mode a good go..

somedevil

Just noticed a message in the safe house about the ZombiU dev team and their official Miiverse account. Anyone know where it is.. or just fancy sharing it? Wouldn't mind following them.

Also, does anyone have any fool proof tips for the safe house defend section? I'm useless at that bit. I managed to blag my way through it in the normal game with 4 survivors, but its cutting my Survival mode attempts down to about half an hour tops. I reckon if I could get past that section I'd be able to give the rest of Survival mode a good go..

Well I did it without dying and i just ran around trying to get them to spots where I get one at a time or places where you one hit kill them. For example, the place around the safe house where you duck under. This lead them to there and you can one hit kill them one at a time.

Also, beat the game in 14:30 hours. Got the best ending. All I needed at the top was one flare and one grenade and bam I got the best ending.

Just bought this last night - so you can't use headphones coming out of the controller for this? The audio plays through the controller during the startup, but then cuts out during the game.

delta25

Banned
such an awesome game. Imo this is the new standard in survival horror. And as it stands my game of the year.

thank you ubi and nintendo for a fresh and well deserved return to survival horror at its roots.

bumpkin

Demo, where are you? :(

I can't say I'm surprised that the date thrown out as when we'd get a demo was false. Ubi also said there would be a Rayman demo day one, and we finally got that last week.

delta25

Banned
Demo, where are you? :(

I can't say I'm surprised that the date thrown out as when we'd get a demo was false. Ubi also said there would be a Rayman demo day one, and we finally got that last week.

if you're a fan of old school survival horror, I'd highly recomend you skip the demo and just buy the game. You'll thank me later.

oatmeal

Banned
This game!

Have loved every minute of it up to now, yes even the
church/arena

As for the
nursery....Scariest section by far, loved it.

Anyway, just a quick question about how far I am from completing.
I've just collected the last of the Dee letters and have now got to meet Dr Knight at the palace to get the panacea from him

I'm guessing I can't be too far from the end? How long rougly?

About an hour total left.

if you're a fan of old school survival horror, I'd highly recomend you skip the demo and just buy the game. You'll thank me later.

I love survival horror, not sure here though. I usually don't like First Person games to begin with and probably even less if I have to sacrifice superior Wiimote controls. Plus, the art style seems pretty generic (like your average zombie flick) compared to most classics. I also enjoy survival horror because they are mostly adventure games with exploration and puzzles - is there even anything like that in ZombiU?

oatmeal

Banned
I think a demo will be bad for this, actually.

The best part of the game is starting with nothing adn slowly building up, hording supplies, etc.

Being thrown into a single spot will be kind of strange and gives a bad taste.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The game is no longer hard. Just keep killing other players and stocking up your box. Lob hand grenades and Molotov cocktails and win.

Surprisingly strange loophole for the devs to completely miss.

Pikma

Banned
Find the white box and scan it. It has a red light on it and is always on a wall.
You mean for the first time? I have scanned them already is just that I'm looking for some of my lost equipmen and the monitors back at the safe house show me they're at Brick Lane but after searching there I found nothing, a zombie is supposed to be carrying them, right?

mujun

You mean for the first time? I have scanned them already is just that I'm looking for some of my lost equipmen and the monitors back at the safe house show me they're at Brick Lane but after searching there I found nothing, a zombie is supposed to be carrying them, right?

You mean you died and you are trying to get your stuff back from the zombie of your previous character? I always had to go to right where I got killed to get my stuff back. Monitors only ever showed stuff that was laying around in any given level. Still, I didn't use them that much.

NateDrake

You mean you died and you are trying to get your stuff back from the zombie of your previous character? I always had to go to right where I got killed to get my stuff back. Monitors only ever showed stuff that was laying around in any given level. Still, I didn't use them that much.

I think he is asking how to get equipment he didn't recover. Like when you die and don't get your equipment back from your previous survivor the equipment is scattered across London.

eXistor

I've started playing this yesterday and so far (I just got into
that Ron guy's apartment
) I'm loving it. It's pretty much what I expected it to be; a lot of great possibilities and a great concept, with a somewhat flawed execution. The level design itself is pretty good, but feels a bit too linear and there are precious little secrets to uncover so far. Everything also feels very static, there's very little world-interaction and I'd have like to have seen an upgrade system of sorts. A non-upgradable cricket-bat as your sole melee weapon is pretty weak.

I also expected the game to be more unforgiving. Dying is hardly an issue and it's basically like using a continue; you get to keep all your upgrades and everything. The forced shoot-outs and zombie fights are also a shame, it's takes away from the feeling that the player is in complete control of his fate.

If I seem overly critical, I just want the devs to take note (that is if more people agree on the downsides) and make ZombiU 2 all that it can be, because they have the right idea with this one and it was a bold move to even make this game the way it was at all. The game may not be a classic, but it has all the makings of one and I certainly commend the devs for it, because I am having a ball with it. Please don't make a sequel more mainstream, go all the way and make it full-blown survival horror.

mujun

I think he is asking how to get equipment he didn't recover. Like when you die and don't get your equipment back from your previous survivor the equipment is scattered across London.

Ah, I see. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever failed in getting it back from my previous incarnation. I also don't have my machine hooked up to the net if that makes any difference.

Clockwork

Ummm

(My metal box in the safe house has a blank spot I can't use)

3SOsj.jpg

Clockwork

Hahaha PUBLISH that thing on Miiverse!

Also, does anyone know the Dev Team Miiverse account? I've been looking for it on random walls but no luck so far :(

Yep, I posted that glitch a few days ago.

I also found the dev team account name after falling through the garbage chute at Freedman's flat. I posted a screenshot on Miiverse.

It showed as "ZombiUDev" but I can't find it in a user search nor can I add it as a friend.

Neff

For some reason my character now has two identities depending on what they're doing. They're both coppers, but have different features and costumes. Weird...

How evident is it that this game is rendered in 1080p?

Wii U waiting for me under the tree. Can't wait 'til next week to play this game. Dark Souls fanatic here...

Can someone please check if it's still possible to attach screenshots of the game to private messages, or if it's just the USK version that got gimped again...

fernoca

Well, after avoiding reviews, impressions, just the occasional post here and there...I got this.

Darn, is quite...tense.
Been all alone, not knowing when a horde of zombies is going to strike..it's a really cool feeling in a game. Too early still, so who knows. Right now, I think twice to even go out of a door..and close as many doors as I can on my way, aside those that I know I'll need open to go back faster. :p

i love this game to undeath.

im just gonna post what i said in another zombie u thread.

i love the hell out of it, especially that feeling of dread no matter what you're doing. I had hoarded a ton of ammo and was feeling pretty badass, i even went into a small room with only a small crawlspace being both the exit and entrance just to kill a zombie i KNEW was there.

big mistake. three other zombies rose out from the water (did i mention it was in a sewer?), i damn near jumped out of my shoes. I didnt die but even if i had it wouldnt have changed the fact that it was just so freaking cool.

Game is also a lot of fun with a buddy watching on the couch. Freaking out with you, calling out sounds and zombies, good times.

Just started this and boy is it awesome. I am finding myself dying more often than I would like. I've barely played more than 2 hours and have died 3 times.

MrBS

Finished this last night. My number two GOTY after Dragon's Dogma. Loved my time with the game and I hope this is the beginning of a franchise.

Chiggs

Gold Member
People who are good at saving money will be good at this game. Save 25% of what you scavenge and you'll be just fine later on.

Spike

I'm not really a fan of survival horror games, but I bought this based on postings here and on the miiverse, and I absolutely love it!

I died so many times it wasn't funny, then I got an awesome character that I managed to keep alive for 3.5 hours. I was looking down at the controller, and I moved the left stick, and my guy took a nosedive off the edge of a dock. :(

Finished this last night. My number two GOTY after Dragon's Dogma. Loved my time with the game and I hope this is the beginning of a franchise.

It's actually the second game in a franchise that was established almost 30 years ago ;)

Okay, it's more of a remake really, but I too hope that there will be a ZombiU 2 in 2014 or so.

Roo

It's actually the second game in a franchise that was established almost 30 years ago ;)

Okay, it's more of a remake really, but I too hope that there will be a ZombiU 2 in 2014 or so.

I'm sure we'll get a sequel
the real question is if it will stay as a Wii U exclusive...

I really wasn't that excited to get my Wii U for Christmas until I read this thread. That's why I love GAF.

Another game I would have missed without you guys. Cheers!

Top Bottom