• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

peely

Neo Member
Welp, just seen it.

Disappointed with the cliffhanger, was a full on emotional ride building up to the end and knowing someone was going to die. Not finding out who it was is just anti-climatic and I'm not going to care nearly as much when it comes back. If it doesn't get spoiled before ...

Zaph

I just hope he doesn't turn out to be like the Governor and actually shows why he's the head of the seemingly all powerful Saviours.

Yeah, and I hope they go into more detail on the Saviors as a whole and how they've come about. My main issue with them right now is that they seem contrived to make Rick & Co feel weak again.

I don't really buy into the whole Rick falling victim of his own hubris subplot. They've fought a lot of battles and won - it just so happens there has been a massive, militaristic organisation, with resources and hierarchy, on their doorstep this whole time? If Godzilla turns up next season, that would make them look weak too.

Which plays into a larger issue - TWD has gone out of its way to show the viewer how desolate everything is, even across great distances, and how rare organised groups are - which makes Rick's group special and worth fighting for. But lately it seems like other people actually got their shit together a lot quicker, and Rick & Co now look underwhelming in comparison.

Plasma

Banned
I feel that last scene loses a lot of impact by not showing who got killed, rather than making me think oh who could it be all I thought was oh is that it? It's a shame as well the episode was kind of bad as a whole but the speech leading up to the end was really tense and well done.

border

Imagine if its Maggie... Negan would go down as the greatest villain in television history.. The hate for him would be so strong...

Maggie was barely conscious and nearly dead in the first place. There's no way she would have gotten back up after the first swing of the bat.

Killing Maggie instead of Glenn would be a great and interesting reversal of expectations....I think there would be too much criticism for them to subject a sick, pregnant woman to such a swift brutal death.

They should've built that RV into a tank;

-Turrets mounted on sides and roof
-Way to fill gas tank without leaving said vehicle
-Tires covered up/reinforced
-reserve gasoline tanks
-front bumper with spikes/barricade smashing shovel

So...

latest

pestul

I think you can pretty much throw out the POV perspective and anything for that matter. Over and over again this show has proven that those final shots mean virtually nothing after what they've done with Glen a few times already. They could kill anyone except Rick and Carl based on Negan's statements.

DavidDesu

Maggie was barely conscious and nearly dead in the first place. There's no way she would have gotten back up after the first swing of the bat.

Killing Maggie instead of Glenn would be a great and interesting reversal of expectations....I think there would be too much criticism for them to subject a sick, pregnant woman to such a swift brutal death.

This is the show that killed a little girl with mental health issues. By one of our good guys.

I actually think it probably is Maggie. As someone else said though 99% chance this will be spoiled before we get to see on the TV show which will mightily piss me off.

Surfinn

I think you can pretty much throw out the POV perspective and anything for that matter. Over and over again this show has proven that those final shots mean virtually nothing after what they've done with Glen a few times already. They could kill anyone except Rick and Carl based on Negan's statements.

Yup. There's absolutely no reason for people to be basing ANYTHING on how it was filmed after the bullshit they pulled with the dumpster.

Nafai1123

Banned

Gimple already said it's impossible for fans to figure out based on how it was shot. I'm not sure why people are even trying.

-griffy-

Banned
Yup. There's absolutely no reason for people to be basing ANYTHING on how it was filmed after the bullshit they pulled with the dumpster.

Gimple essentially said they cheated the angles anyways. They deliberately jump around with the editing, then the POV shot is essentially an abstract angle that doesn't match up with any character anyways. The entire sequence is conceived of and executed to provide no clues about who it actually is.

Bit-Bit

What. The. Fuck.

I cannot believe that that was how they decided to end the season.

Talk about the biggest bullshit ending for a season.

I've got a dirty taste in my mouth from having just watched the episode.

Just watched it, shit was intense at the end.

So, who do we think it was that got whacked? I'm thinking
Abraham due to him kneeling tall in front of Negan, showing him he wasn't scared, and then Negan saying something like "taking it like a champ, huh?" when he gets down to the beating. Would make sense to kill the strongest guy there too.

Darren870

Not many have said Aaron. I mean he begged to go didn't he?

My money would be Aaron, Sasha, Abraham or Rosita. They all had their coming to character moments in the past episode or two. Its foreshadowing 101, which TWD writer's seem to get their writing tips from. They don't think outside the box much....

A+ episode until...

F- cliffhanger.

Ruined the episode. Glenn dumpster fake out was terrible. Cheap stupid ass way to create media buzz. But they probably learned their lesson because of all the negative reaction right? Nope. They do it again, this time a nice 6 month cliffhanger. And during those 6 months we are going to get leaks, official trailers, and just about everything else that will ruin it.

There is NO reason to do this. You are already the #1 show. Showing the graphic beating would have been so damn powerful i probably would have went out for a smoke to digest it and i don't smoke. Now i have to wait 6 months full of anger and feeling stupid for continuing to support this show for all these cheap tricks.

#whoisit pissed me off more than anything. Fuck off.

L.O.R.D

fuuuuck,WTF is this ending ? they can't do that
not like that ??
how i am suppose to live like that?

now TWD fans will split to 2 , one will try to find who died?
the the other will live is fear, isolating them self from any TWD media fearing from spoilers.

this is the worse cliffhanger EVER. it's even worse then HL2.
and it's on the last episode...DUCK.

CfOrXBzXIAIgFLP.jpg

my reaction after i found out i have to wait till October.

CfOmnh7WEAAtXM-.jpg

Gorillaz

AMC and TWD staff has been real cute with the way they handle shit this entire season. That whole glenn thing was the first sign they were getting too full of them selves. Which is hilarious because the writing is nothing award-winning.

in a month? why not now?

So filming can begin. We'll know who's still alive at that point.

That's why I don't understand people complaining about the wait. AMC has a horrible history with leaks. It's all coming out. This is just going to put increased exposure on filming via spy photos and further leaks.

Nafai1123

Banned
So filming can begin. We'll know who's still alive at that point.

That's why I don't understand people complaining about the wait. AMC has a horrible history with leaks. It's all coming out. This is just going to put increased exposure on filming via spy photos and further leaks.

People are complaining about the wait BECAUSE it's going to get spoiled way before season 7 even airs. It's not exactly suspenseful to know who dies because of leaks during filming.

Sadist

Well as an avid reader of the comic and my initial expectations of the finale (I kind of expected a cliffhanger ending, keep people viewing your show 101) I'm massively disappointed by it. I fully suspect AMC of forcing Nicotero to film it like this. Such a shame. This moment in the comic really gave the series a shot in the arm and a great way to celebrate it issue #100. Sigh. I still hope we'll see the kill from a different pov. I mean, they did show us the horrible deaths of other characters...

Even with the ending leaving a bad taste in my mouth, there are still highlights to be found;

- Abraham remains the greatest oneliner machine ever. This guy delivers.
- Carol wanting to die... damn girl. Your actions are finally getting to you? Morgan saving her is great and the new armour clad people look interesting.
- One thing they did right with the saviours: showing from the get go that they don't fuck around. Every road was blocked, every plan was thwarted... and they have soldiers guys. Oh man.
- The personal items of Michonne, Daryl on the zombies was a nice touch.
- Eugene, dude, you almost made me cry. That Abraham bro hug :(
- The Saviours whistling was amazingly creepy. You done fucked up now.
- Andrew Lincoln fucking nailed it btw.
- And oh, I know we've been bitching about Chandler Riggs for years, but man, I do think he was awesome in his staredown with Negan.
- And JDM as Negan... yeah, I'm going to enjoy him next season.

As for next season... some comics/season 7 speculation!;
- So, with Carol and Morgan getting help from the Kingdom, this could mean that Morgan would become a liason of Rick towards our friend Ezekiel? It would be very interesting. Ezekiel is a kindhearted guy and loves his morals, he could hit it off with Morgan as the official spokesperson from Alexandria and forging a bond to fight Negan.

- As for Negan giving someone Lucille's kiss... I'm starting to think that Abraham is the one to get the L. While I think that our friend Glenn has a high chance of dying, I'd believe that he'd be more emotional while getting the beating. In the comics he even pleads to Negan to not kill him. It's going to be a rough six months lol.

Oh well, we'll see next season. Will watch for JDM's Negan. Could be great.

jm89

I hope it's eugene, dude is just a waste(which is why it probably won't be him).

I think it will be abraham his the only one i can see out of the group having the will and not scared like the others to withstand being hit like that.

Kard8p3

almost 24 hours later and what i still think this is one of the worst finales I've ever seen, and I fucking watched Dexter.

I can't fathom anyone defending this bullshit.

People are complaining about the wait BECAUSE it's going to get spoiled way before season 7 even airs. It's not exactly suspenseful to know who dies because of leaks during filming.

I know. It's clear that the powers that be at AMC either don't understand or don't care what gets out, even though they have a lousy track record for spoiling stuff early (whether intentionally or not). Half the time, their big moments are ruined because they either release promos too early, leak spoiler images themselves too early, episode summaries get leaked like a faucet or enterprising souls snap spy photos on set.

silva1991

What a stupid cliffhanger

you don't make a cliffhanger like that in the end of a season.

can you imagine the red wedding in the last episode and not knowing who died until next season? dumb as hell.

I can't stand this this is the first time I want to be spoiled.

Maffis

I dunno, I think he probably smashed one of his own, like Dwight or something. He was pretty close to the group already.

border

Let's ignore the possibility of spoilers leaking out from the set or casting announcements. How does AMC even intend to promote Season 7?

They can't really put out photos or trailers of anything they shoot otherwise they risk people discovering who dies by process of elimination.

The only characters that could be featured in trailers would be Rick, Carl, Morgan, and Carol since they're already pretty much off the table by way of circumstances or Neegan's comments.

I feel like they made this cliffhanger decision without really even considering how they intend to kept a secret for 6 months.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not happy with how it ended, it'll be spoiled long before next season. Guessing Abraham? He was talking about the future in the episode and he's tough enough to take a couple shots like that before going down.

It's amusing how quickly reactions during the finale shifted from "This is incredible." to "Fuck you." Gotta imagine AMC is regretting going with a cliffhanger now.

Sadist

Let's ignore the possibility of spoilers leaking out from the set or casting announcements. How does AMC even intend to promote Season 7?

They can't really put out photos or trailers of anything they shoot otherwise they risk people discovering who dies by process of elimination.

The only characters that could be featured in trailers would be Rick, Carl, Morgan, and Carol since they're already pretty much off the table by way of circumstances or Neegan's comments.

I feel like they made this cliffhanger decision without really even considering how they intend to kept a secret for 6 months.
Just pictures of Lucille

The trailer for season 7 will just be a close up of Lucille for 30 seconds.

keuja

The worst thing is I was super tense during the episode but now I don't even care really that much who it is... They really did ruin that scene.
And screw their shitty hashtag, sacrificing what should have been one the best moment in the serie for some twitter buzz smh...

Zaph

I'm already imagining the shitty promo's where they get each potentially dead character to narrate a trailer from their perspective of being dead "I could have been a better boyfriend to Rosita", "Rick made me want to put down my samurai sword" blah blah. It's going to be insufferable, and totally spoiled across the internet months in advance.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Gotta say I hadn't even thought about the trailers and stuff for next season. But you're right haha that is pretty funny. Will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No offense to Glenn, but I'd rather him than Michonne or Abe/Eugene

Imagine if its Maggie... Negan would go down as the greatest villain in television history.. The hate for him would be so strong...

If it was Glenn they should've shown it, so he could try to say Maggie like in the comics. It was fucking heartbreaking.

Finalow

funny how they're probably going to start S7 with more awfully written and dull crap like the recent Morgan&Carol, or some random flashback, wait 2-3 episodes and then maybe reveal who died. no one cares at that point.
and that ending was hardly the only bad part about the episode. outstanding acting coming from some people (well, mostly Andrew Lincoln) but it feels such a waste on this show

Nafai1123

Banned
It's amusing how quickly reactions during the finale shifted from "This is incredible." to "Fuck you." Gotta imagine AMC is regretting going with a cliffhanger now.

Whoever made this decision needs to be fired. It shows such an utter lack of respect to the viewers, as well as a misunderstanding of what made the scene in the comics so impactful. The more I think about it the more it pisses me off.

Whoever made this decision needs to be fired. It shows such an utter lack of respect to the viewers, as well as a misunderstanding of what made the scene in the comics so impactful. The more I think about it the more it pisses me off.
The writers are the worst part of this show, not the CGI, acting, but the fucking writers.

Part of me wish this show was on HBO or FX instead.

jelly

Enjoyed the build up towards the end and Carol, Morgan meeting some decent folk but what a completely BS ending. it just kills the moment, it's gone, wasted.

I think it's Abraham because he is a tank who could take it and his could see a good future speech in the RV.

Honestly if Negan picks Eugene, Aaron, Sasha, Abraham, or Rosita it will even further diminish that scene. It needs to be someone who has been apart of the core group for a long time.

Honestly if Negan picks Eugene, Aaron, Sasha, Abraham, or Rosita it will even further diminish that scene. It needs to be someone who has been apart of the core group for a long time.
IMO, the title is named Last Day on Earth for a reason, pretty sure the one who got Lucille'd is either Glenn or Daryl.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You know what would've been a ballsy and amazing ending to this season ?
Showing the death on screen, revealing who's the character dying... then Negan picking up another mysterious victim this time, filling both the cliffhanger AND the character death. How do you take on what people expect ? Doing what no one expect.

That would have been fantastic!

I had actually been secretly hoping that Negan would kill one of Rick's people for every cell of his that they had taken out - the rocket launcher road crew, the satellite station gang, Alicia Witt's people, and the set that Carol wiped out. So, 4 deaths. I even got sort of excited when I saw just how many of Rick's crew were captured at the end: 7 in the comic vs 10-11 on the show, so I definitely thought there would be more than one death. Alas! (though I suppose they might still kill more than one when the show comes back...? Yeah, probably not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom