• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay23

I don't even care anymore they ruined the whole episode. Fuck it kill them all and just focus on Negan and his group.

I mean.. you wanna talk about usual sexist tropes? This is it. Carol loses her mind and can't cope so she makes a totally out of character and moronic decision to leave everyone and everything, in turn causing everyone to come out and "rescue" her. She single handedly initiated everyone leaving in separate directions and getting caught by the saviors.

Carol's departure only resulted in Rick and Morgan going after her. The real problem here is Daryl, who continued to be selfish by running off for vengeance and allowing him, Rosita, Glenn, and Michonne to be caught. That's some of their core, top-tier fighters. So I'm not sure Carol running off counts as a trope since everyone on the show acts like morons from time to time.

jelly

I feel like enough people aren't talking about how Morgan fucked that dude up.

I was expecting that outcome. Good for him, made the right choice. Although I don't know if that changes anything, his hand forced like that, even his morals wouldn't work in those situations, there would only be one logical choice.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
You know what would've been a ballsy and amazing ending to this season ?
Showing the death on screen, revealing who's the character dying... then Negan picking up another mysterious victim this time, filling both the cliffhanger AND the character death. How do you take on what people expect ? Doing what no one expect.
That would have been smart and well thought, which is why it never came to be.

someday

Banned
Instead of using an absolutely awfully ill-advised cliffhanger to try to hook viewers (hey AMC, you have 20 million viewers who I guarantee would still come back if you'd concluded the season as you should have) and having fans stew on "who got killed?" for the summer, it would have been MUCH more impactful and harrowing to show one of the beloved characters die brutally before cutting to black. "Oh my god, Negan killed Daryl......where the hell do we go from there and how does the group come back from that?" is a much more interesting and meaningful question to ponder until October than "#WhoIsIt?" is.
This is the cliffhanger I would have preferred. That way we get the entire summer to stew over the death but it gives the audience enough time to accept it and still look forward to next season. Now I feel like I'll be giving in to AMC bullshit by watching next season instead of genuinely looking forward to it.

Am I the only one who wishes Rick would just die already? =[
I've been there all season. I don't know why he bugs me so much. Probably the fact that the show keeps showing him drenched in sweat and his hair is always hanging there like a gheri curl. It's gross.
No I don't, when the woman is cold-stone killer Carol. But more generally, to shy away from shooting a woman would be giving into sexist tropes that women are fragile and need to be protected. Is it more powerful, yes but for those same sexist reasons.
Yes, I don't personally want that woman to be Carol but I would be fine with them killing a woman just so we don't have to hear anymore crap about it. It's tiresome that this even needs to be part of the discussion.

Honestly, I thought the episode was really awesome until the end. I enjoyed the Carol/Morgan stuff and I was stoked to see the new group show up. Had Rick killed the guy last episode, this scene would have ended completely differently. Rick was completely wrong, again, and here we're seeing evidence of it.

I liked the Saviors' elaborate scheme to get Rick's group. I'm a little afraid though that the show is going to chicken out and actually not kill anyone. Negan never says he's going to kill the person, he just says he's going to beat the crap out of them. It makes no sense that anyone should survive that pummeling but I can see TWD trying it. Rick and crew are already scared and realize they are in over their heads. Killing someone at the start of next season is redundant at this point. It needed to happen last night or not at all.

dyergram

Great episode that was ruined by a ending thats endemic to what I feel is constantly wrong with this show. Which is needlessly drawing out scenarios like many have said before showing who neagan killed would of been 10x more effective than what they went with. I honestly would not be suprised if season 7 is focussed on Alexandria and we dont even find out who neagan killed until 702. On the plus side gta dude was awesome and andrew lincoln was great in this episode also they seem to have nailed neagans casting.

Also Ill sacrifice ANYONE to save Eugene and Abraham.

PopeReal

Great episode that was ruined by a ending thats endemic to what I feel is constantly wrong with this show. Which is needlessly drawing out scenarios like many have said before showing who neagan killed would of been 10x more effective than what they went with. I honestly would not be suprised if season 7 is focussed on Alexandria and we dont even find out who neagan killed until 702. On the plus side gta dude was awesome and andrew lincoln was great in this episode also they seem to have nailed neagans casting.

Also Ill sacrifice ANYONE to save Eugene and Abraham.

YES.

someday

Banned
I also thought it was weird timing for Abraham and Sasha to be talking about having children while they're driving the pregnant, possibly dying, Maggie to a doctor 20 miles away. Getting pregnant should be the very last things on their minds, especially Sasha. I would have just pointed to the rear of the vehicle and asked him if he was fucking crazy.

Darren870

I also thought it was weird timing for Abraham and Sasha to be talking about having children while they're driving the pregnant, possibly dying, Maggie to a doctor 20 miles away. Getting pregnant should be the very last things on their minds, especially Sasha. I would have just pointed to the rear of the vehicle and asked him if he was fucking crazy.

Its shit foreshadowing meaning one of them will probably die. That or Aaron because he was desperate to go with the group for whatever reason.

I would like to see Sasha go, just to see Abraham go mental next season. Which would probably result in him getting killed anyway for trying to get revenge.

GavinUK86

Yup, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was a great choice. Hope he does get rid of the beard like he joked about. Negan was clean shaven. Dude's lost weight too, looking pretty thin.

I'm fine with that cliffhanger. Sure, it would've been better without it but we all know it's coming back so it didn't really bother me too much.

I'm going to predict it's someone pretty expendable like Sasha, Aaron or Rosita. Like, seriously, who gives a fuck about any of them?

jerry113

Banned
I'm already imagining the shitty promo's where they get each potentially dead character to narrate a trailer from their perspective of being dead "I could have been a better boyfriend to Rosita", "Rick made me want to put down my samurai sword" blah blah. It's going to be insufferable, and totally spoiled across the internet months in advance.

i think you've nailed it

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck he's the Dad from Supernatural? I totally didn't recognise him.

But the presentation. My god is was so on point with Negan. They did a really great job with it.
I thought the Negan part went a little long. Got a little too Snidely Whiplash for me. It lost its intensity the longer he yammered on.

The second half of the season was a pretty solid step up in consistently good episodes. But that ending really just felt cheap.

jerry113

Banned
Now you say this, and so do many others.

But what if Daryl is the one who get's bonked? Wouldn't showing that piss people off more and lose viewers.

At least this way they guarantee everyone tunes in for season 7, plus if it is a fan favourite who dies they can spend the episode softening the blow... so to speak.

I know folks have good reason for thinking it's Abraham but i'm not convinced.

I dunno, game of thrones did fine by knocking off a couple main characters in one go. Their ratings increased.

I'm glad to see Rick brought down that low by the Saviors and Negan. He'd started to infect his own son with the weird psychotic bloodlust and arrogance he's been sporting for some time. But at least now Carl gets to see how full of shit Rick is.

Yup, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was a great choice. Hope he does get rid of the beard like he joked about. Negan was clean shaven. Dude's lost weight too, looking pretty thin.

I'm fine with that cliffhanger. Sure, it would've been better without it but we all know it's coming back so it didn't really bother me too much.

I'm going to predict it's someone pretty expendable like Sasha, Aaron or Rosita. Like, seriously, who gives a fuck about any of them?

Too thin. The guy had next to no mass to his legs or arms, which is odd to see on anyone let alone on Negan. Who has always been physically imposing.

Enjoyed the build up towards the end and Carol, Morgan meeting some decent folk but what a completely BS ending. it just kills the moment, it's gone, wasted.

I think it's Abraham because he is a tank who could take it and his could see a good future speech in the RV.
That's precisely why it shouldn't be. It has to be someone vulnerable to maximum the brutality of the action.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Too thin. The guy had next to no mass to his legs or arms, which is odd to see on anyone let alone on Negan. Who has always been physically imposing.

That's precisely why it shouldn't be. It has to be someone vulnerable to maximum the brutality of the action.

I noticed this too

He had no ass

Am I the only one who wishes Rick would just die already? =[

I think the show had a great opportunity when the reintroduced The Governor to really mix up the show back in Season 4

Two things could have happened that I would have been ok with

1) Rick and Co. get fucking destroyed at the Prison leading to them being separated, but for the rest of the season we simply follow Governor's group. I was more interested in that group than Rick's at that point, those two episodes were great and seeing Gov. with a different personality (only to still be the rather insane person all over again) was quite a treat (could have made it so Gov isn't insane again, would have been better for this version)

Anyways, up until the last episode of the season where we see the Prison try and deal with a mega herd again and fail, not killing the Gov but killing most of his group sending him down the same path of wondering nearly alone.

Then we cut to basically an in-medium res of Rick's group about to enter Terminus, skipping all the walking and running around to simply getting there with one episode dealing with "how they got there".

2) Same as above but Prison doesn't fall, and instead of making a new show based in LA they have Rick and Co. continue on to Terminus and up to DC while the spinoff show follows Governor who stays in the Atlanta area, leaving events where he can even run into people and groups which Rick killed or fucked up (Terminus, Hospital).

Those were my original shitty ideas of what to do with Gov.

GavinUK86

I agree. Maybe I should've of separated those lines. I didn't like how thin JDM is either. Negan is clean shaven but a beefy dude.

I'm glad to see Rick brought down that low by the Saviors and Negan.

I liken it to the Jack Reacher movie. Cruise is the worst actor to be Reacher physically, but he really nailed Reacher's personality and attitude.

dustyherb

He would've been doing the good wife when he filmed this scene. He should look a lot more like comic Negan going forward I would think now that this is what he's focusing on. It's why he said the comment about needing to shave. I didn't really notice if he looked bigger or not on the talking dead.

Diablos

Finale was good till the cliffhanger. Sustained tension throughout, and Andrew's acting at the end totally sold the sense of helplessness
I was speaking more towards Hardwick's post and how sensitive he is about people perceiving him as only showering the finale with praise because of his affiliation with the show.

I thought the finale was okay, but could have been better. I'm a pessimist at heart at times, and I am just not exactly sure what the writers are thinking in regards to this show's future, or if they're thinking at all.

Tobor

So this is the guy the comics fans have been yammering about all season? Big deal. This whole Negan thing has been so over hyped.

So the season ends with another shit episode(3 in a row!) with another stupid ass plan that you can see backfiring from a mile away followed by another shit ending. Who's dead? Who cares at this point?

The only interesting scene was when the local paintball team showed up.

GavinUK86

I thought the finale was okay, but could have been better. I'm a pessimist at heart at times, and I am just not exactly sure what the writers are thinking in regards to this show's future, or if they're thinking at all.

Do they need to think though? The guidelines are all there for them.

I think Ezekiel might show up next season if that's what the guys in the armor with Morgan were hinting at.

So this is the guy the comics fans have been yammering about all season? Big deal. This whole Negan thing has been so over hyped.

So the season ends with another shit episode(3 in a row!) with another stupid ass plan that you can see backfiring from a mile away followed by another shit ending. Who's dead? Who cares at this point?

He's more bombastic in the comics, but we only really start to care after he brutalises a core member of the group.

But that doesn't mean shit when they cut away and leave it for 7 months. They completely neutered that moment.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

They fucked up

Prologue

They should have killed off Eugene. Showed him ramming the RV and taking bullets. I actually thought that was the route they were going to go with and was happy with that sort of ending to his character.

But then he just came back beat up, hinting he ratted on his group.

jwk94

The worst part about this finale is that it has everyone talking about the bs ending instead of those armored dudes.

keuja

Who would have thought that the TV show would have turned the Saviors into a Ninja clan... Those writers are so good.

Tobor

The worst part about this finale is that it has everyone talking about the bs ending instead of those armored dudes.

Like I said, that was the only interesting scene in the entire episode.

Hopefully next season is the paintball team vs Negan with Rick and the gang as the French resistance.

GavinUK86

Like I said, that was the only interesting scene in the entire episode.

Hopefully next season is the paintball team vs Negan with Rick and the gang as the French resistance.

Seems like it's hinting at [comic book name drop]
Ezekiel and The Kingdom

SamuraiX-

However, The Walking Dead fans can put their minds at ease. In an interview with Comicbook.com, showrunner Scott Gimple confirmed that Negan's kill will be addressed in The Walking Dead Season 7 premiere - and it will be brutal.

"In many ways, what we saw last night was the end of the story of season six," says Gimple. "Where Rick winds up is completely different from where he started in episode one and episode nine. I've known for a while what is in 701 and presenting what occurs and to show what happened in full force. It is the beginning of the next story. The two - the showing of, it's an incredible work of gore by Charlie Adlard in the book, how we show that on TV - I'm certain that we'll be pushing some boundaries with it."

"Things are going to start off very, very, very dark because everybody knows where we're starting,"
Gimple says before a promising, "but that won't be the whole season."

I want to believe.

That's one thing that worried me is that they wouldn't ever show the live-action, full brutality of the event but this puts me more at ease. It would never be complete without the full showing of the beatdown and if they have to dump half of Season 7's budget into whatever prosthetics and effects they need to make that shit happen, I'm all for it.

I want to believe.

That's one thing that worried me is that they wouldn't ever show the live-action, full brutality of the event but this puts me more at ease. It would never be complete without the full showing of the beatdown and if they have to dump half of Season 7's budget into whatever prosthetics and effects they need to make that shit happen, I'm all for it.
they'll at least have it in the blu-ray. just like having that be where rick says they're fucking with the wrong people.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
How can anyone say this season is even remotely the best with this and Glenn's dumpster dive bullshit?
This is what I've noticed with the reactions today, that because of a couple of sore points we can't remember the greater quantity of really good stuff they managed to do this season. Those two problems were busts, sure, but do they utterly define the season?

To be honest, the backlash this show is getting from the finale is pretty mild compared to GOT's Red Wedding episode. Twitter bombed with people threatening to cancel HBO and quit watching GOT that day.

Ugggggggggggghhhh, what a cheap ending. That was the first I've actually been invested in the show in a long time (and one of the reasons I kept watching, hoping they'd get some of the thrill back) and then they pull that.

So disappointing.

This is what I've noticed with the reactions today, that because of a couple of sore points we can't remember the greater quantity of really good stuff they managed to do this season. Those two problems were busts, sure, but do they utterly define the season?

they were major parts of it, so yea

GavinUK86

I think the season as a whole was pretty great but I do agree that the Glenn dumpster diving was complete bullshit and shouldn't of happened.

Tobor

Whoever died is now free. It's one more lucky character Gimple can't ruin further with his will kill/won't kill revolving door of character development.

Whoever died is set free from the real enemy on this show. The writers.

Yes, I'm being overdramatical. I'll be back next season as this show has Stockholm Syndromed me into submission. This show is Negan, and I have to give it all of my shit.

ruxtpin

Banned
I get why Lincoln was nauseous after reading the script for this last episode. It was so stupid it made me want to throw up too.

I kind of wish Lucille wasn't so clean. Imagine if the barbed wire was rusty and dark with dried blood and there were pieces of flesh stuck in the coils

I want to believe.

they know they fucked up so they will make the premier as brutal as possible and it'll be water under the bridge.

I just want to see a smashed skull on the pavement while everyone stares in horror.

jeffrey dean morgan is great, but with negan's looks based on henry rollings, how dope would it have been if he was the one to play him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom