• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
o m f g

This is the best walking dead episode ever made.

I literally shouted NO! when Sam was asking his mom that he wants to go with Gabriel because I knew that little fuckstick was lost up there and would've made them zombie dinner. Instead the little fuckstick made his own family zombie dinner LOL. bye sam. Based Carol fucked with his head and planned this out so Ricktator doesn't have any baggage. Rick going bananas was awesome. Gabriel earned his redemption like a pro with that speech. I AM THE GOD YOU MOTHERFUCKERZZ

Daryl's splash kill of Negan's scout party was too good. Nibble that! Rick's party is beyond leveled at this point. Morgan needs to hear that the W guy did change at the end. I have a feeling that Daryl did kill a lot of Negan's people though and from the sound of things, that bad dude's not going to let him get away with it.

Gaz_RB

Had to cut it a little because of limitations, but someone asked for it.

4WoDN7A.gif

https://gfycat.com/SecondarySoulfulAnkole

This is badass to me. Shout out to the comic book roots.

hokahey

There has to be some kind of endgame, because the comic arc has been dragging ever since they got to Alexandria. Just because Kirkman says he doesn't want to visit the subject of the virus itself, doesn't mean the production crew won't (and in fact, we've seen shades of this in FTWD, where it's hinted that the virus started out as some kind of airborne infection as per the Clark's neighbor).

Oh man I couldn't disagree more. I love where the comic has gone. And where it's gone should be proof that an anecdote will never be part of the story. That's not what it's about. Like, at all. It's practically antithetical to the entire point and plot.

On topic, it was amazing seeing the Carl storyline actually happen on screen. I thought they backed out when they made it off the porch without reference to Sam crying for his mom.

One last thing - I can easily see the next 50 issues taking at least 3 seasons. If not 4. Point being, by the time they start to catch up to the comic, I think the show will be ending anyway. And I can't see them diverging too much. Especially knowing we're about to enter the Negan arc. That's the next 2-3 seasons alone. And the aftermath of that arc has to play out the same. Its too good.

Oh man I couldn't disagree more. I love where the comic has gone. And where it's gone should be proof that an anecdote will never be part of the story. That's not what it's about. Like, at all. It's practically antithetical to the entire point and plot.

Maybe, but I don't expect the production crew to spend another three, four or more seasons in Alexandria, especially if it starts hitting some of the filler points in the comic. I expect them to condense it down a bit and start making some kind of push towards a definitive ending in the next two seasons or so.

Frankly, I can't see the show going on for so long without audience apathy setting in. There's already a companion show, and we're soon going to push into the seventh season of this. What's the endgame? What's the point of all this bloodshed and conflict?

If the answer is, "Alexandria survives, nothing changes and everyone just keeps going", then it's pretty much pointless. Anything less than a satisfying, conclusive ending (whether it's a cure or society rallying together on a much greater scale) is going to be pointless, as far as I'm concerned.

dustyherb

What's the endgame? What's the point of all this bloodshed and conflict?

No one can know can cause Kirkman is still writing the comics. And the show has been following the source material more closely the longer it's gone on. Gimple who has been the show runner since season 4 loves the comics so I'm expecting it to continue to follow the source material. Who knows where Gimple/Kirkman are taking all of this and how they plan to end the show/comic I'm sure it's going to be somehow similar in comparison and follow the same direction. So it's all just a waiting game. Just have to enjoy the ride.

Savitar

Only got to watching it not long ago and instantly came here to read the reactions.

So good.

So so good.

It was all I expected.

In class today I knew the eye scene happened, I could hear a guy raving about it in the next classroom. Dude was blown away.

Not as much as the bikers but still....

Considering the events of the mid season premiere and where that is in the comics, I'd say there are at least another 1.5 or 2 seasons before catching up to the current comics (issue #151)
okay thanks, helps puts things into perspective. from the way people have been talking about it makes me think it's like 3-4 seasons or something.
Not really. Issue 150 just happened.

Edit: Talking specifically about the post Negan content so far.
What do you mean? Some of the storyline on the show isn't following the chronological order of the comics?

bitbydeath

What's the point of all this bloodshed and conflict?

Why does it need a point or endgame?
This show isn't about happy endings, it's about how people react in times of crisis.

Robert has said the worst thing about zombie movies is that they always end so abruptly.

This isn't going to be one of those. There is a lot more depth to the important questions here such as can a society be rebuilt after such an event taking place.

I liked the episode overall, but I don't understand Carl not being able to get loose from the mom's grip... seemed contrived to get the desired outcome.

Dalek

That episode was pretty much representative of that classic scene from the book. Very pleased overall-the tension was off the charts.

Tabris

I was slightly disappointed, just in not giving the Carl being shot or Rick going out and single handily fucking shit up enough time on screen. They needed to pause a bit more for dramatic effect, like maybe something like "Show a scene with Aaron looking out the window and seeing what Rick is doing" before he comments that they need to help.

I find this show cuts too quickly on the important scenes and lingers on the non-important scenes too much. Is it just me?

This may just be me a bit more as I probably paused myself when reading these scenes in the comic.

ZangBa

I just saw the episode, it was ok. I don't really understand how Daryl managed to silently take out the guy and fire and RPG without anyone noticing, or how Glenn is apparently a complete idiot and gets himself cornered for no reason, then surviving a barrage of bullets being fired in his direction, but whatever.

I'm glad that family is dead. The mom was all right, but if she had to be sacrificed to get the other 2 out of the way, then I'm all for it. The less annoying kids, the better.

I found the whole sociopathic lunatic suddenly becoming redeemable and changing within the span of maybe a couple hours to be insulting to the viewers intelligence.

Decent opener. Someone spoiled me that Carl dies and i guess im happy to see that coral survived.

The inconsistencies of this episode made me lol but its good to be back

They just didn't have the mind frame for that world. That's why people like them die. Gotta adapt or perish.

I wish the producers would hire more kid zombies , you see these huge hordes but no kids among them.

xEAcQSn.jpg

Cmon son.

neoism

That episode was pretty much representative of that classic scene from the book. Very pleased overall-the tension was off the charts.

yeah they really need to make the guy that directed this episode do more of them...this was his first ep he directed...

Banzai

Some parts of the new episode were so-so, but damn if everything happening after Rick went berserk didn't make up for it tenfold.

Also I don't usually post in WD threads but is there always this much talk about the comics? I think I'll duck out again.

Jacknapes

Very good mid-season opener. I'm so glad Walking Dead is back

Also, i'm glad the 2 annoying kids went. Didn't want the Mum going, but if that's how it was to be to get the kids out of the way, then so be it.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Just got done watching the opener. Thought it was pretty good overall. One scene I busted out laughing was when Sam started to freak out. The memories of Carol telling him the monsters are going to tear him to shreds and sure enough he's the late night snack hahaha.
Forgive me

DrBo42

The bullet grazed him, not shot through.

That doesn't really make sense though considering Coral was facing him straight on. A bullet hitting his eye would be lodged in his skull at the very least. I think they gave him a 9mm if I remember right which should have enough force for an exit wound.

Zoe

That doesn't really make sense though considering Coral was facing him straight on. A bullet hitting his eye would be lodged in his skull at the very least. I think they gave him a 9mm if I remember right which should have enough force for an exit wound.
It grazed his eye socket, making it shatter.

Lach

Watching this episode was great.

My roomate went "I wish that anoying boy would die" and he got bit. Then the mom starts freaking out and he goes "she can die too" and almost instantly she gets bitten!

And I love how all the bikers watching in their direction didn't see Darryl!

Faith

I have seen far worse gun shot wounds. It's not like you couldn't survive a headshot.

bidguy

Banned
Sweet fuck that episode was amazing. Best one ever I think. So much happened.

Arrival of Negan to fuck up Rick and his plans will be awesome.

how is he gonna connect the deaths of his people to daryl and the others ? they didnt leave anyone alive. im really curious about this one

Kinyou

Only part that kind of bothered me was how long they were walking through that herd. I mean they took so long it literally got dark. That they could just hold a little conference while standing there was also a bit weird.

I just saw the episode, it was ok. I don't really understand how Daryl managed to silently take out the guy and fire and RPG without anyone noticing, or how Glenn is apparently a complete idiot and gets himself cornered for no reason, then surviving a barrage of bullets being fired in his direction, but whatever.

I'm glad that family is dead. The mom was all right, but if she had to be sacrificed to get the other 2 out of the way, then I'm all for it. The less annoying kids, the better.

I found the whole sociopathic lunatic suddenly becoming redeemable and changing within the span of maybe a couple hours to be insulting to the viewers intelligence.
I think the Wolf was already redeemed before this episode. If he really was that bad of a guy still, he would have slit the throats of Morgan and Carol after knocking them out.

Only part that kind of bothered me was how long they were walking through that herd. I mean they took so long it literally got dark. That they could just hold a little conference while standing there was also a bit weird.
Time works funny in Alexandria. Remember the season 5 finale when Rick discovered the gate was left open during the daytime and by the time he ran halfway into town it was pitch black?

how is he gonna connect the deaths of his people to daryl and the others ? they didnt leave anyone alive. im really curious about this one

They engraved their home addresses into their guns, in case they got lost so someone could return them through the mail. Obviously!
The guns will be the only clues, you're right.

Time works funny in Alexandria. Remember the season 5 finale when Rick discovered the gate was left open during the daytime and by the time he ran halfway into town it was pitch black?
It take about 40 minutes to an hour to go from dusk (which can still be relatively bright outside) to night. So I think it's more that it was late in the day when they began walking

hokahey

okay thanks, helps puts things into perspective. from the way people have been talking about it makes me think it's like 3-4 seasons or something.

What do you mean? Some of the storyline on the show isn't following the chronological order of the comics?

The show deviates a bit with characters and plot lines but it's kept things in chronological order with the comics as best I can recall. You pretty much always know exactly where you're at in comparison and what is coming next.

Sadist

I'm really hoping we'll get that moment in the next episode, like the comics; Abraham walking around,
cleaning up the streets and he finds the zombified, heavily devoured version of Jesse. Afterwards he shoots her in the head and goes like "Rick doesn't need this shit.

So glad they followed the comics with these deaths. Rick was quicker to react in the comic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom