• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

that part with knocking Rick down just to get him to fight that armored zombie was some dumb shit, like something straight out of a video game.

And a weird, copout answer as to why Rick had to fight it..."no, his name was Winslow." so what, because you knew it when he was alive it suddenly isn't a test?

and I don't like that Daryl lied either but whatevs. Let's see what happens next. Eventually I feel like Carol will find out and there will be some dramatic dialogue involving her asking Daryl why he lied and he'll say it was for her own good or whatever and then it'll all be forgotten.

Wasn't there a zombie movie that went a lot like the direction this show is going doomsday I think went from the dead to punk crazy people cannibals them to like kingdom old days ?

vityaz

Episode was literally trash.

Pretty much.

I did laugh out loud seeing the actors walk back and forth to create some kind of "commotion" for a minute when they entered their trashy base, and then all gathered in circles around them. Was it some shitty intentional theateresque thing or was it supposed to be them just walking into base?

h1NL6K1.gif

Aaron's face = mfw

Fatalah

I really really enjoyed Jadis! That lady can deliver a line. There's a funky chemistry between her and Rick too. Last night, he was Shatner and Jadis was the leader of an alien planet. Totally felt the Trek vibes.

How this crazy society developed over a mere few years is hilarious, but I don't care!

SDCowboy

Pretty much.

I did laugh out loud seeing the actors walk back and forth to create some kind of "commotion" for a minute when they entered their trashy base, and then all gathered in circles around them. Was it some shitty intentional theateresque thing or was it supposed to be them just walking into base?

h1NL6K1.gif

Aaron's face = mfw

That look on his face is similar to the one on my own, watching the last two episodes.

Wood Man

I like it when the show does this and gives readers of the comics something we haven't seen.

That armored walker looked great, but trash queen Jadis had those bangs..... bangs.. I couldn't look away. It's all I saw when she was on screen.

More time away from the episode the more I thought it was awesome. This show needs to embrace the absurdity more often than it does. They've been doing it more lately which I like.

darkwing

that part with knocking Rick down just to get him to fight that armored zombie was some dumb shit, like something straight out of a video game.

And a weird, copout answer as to why Rick had to fight it..."no, his name was Winslow." so what, because you knew it when he was alive it suddenly isn't a test?

and I don't like that Daryl lied either but whatevs. Let's see what happens next. Eventually I feel like Carol will find out and there will be some dramatic dialogue involving her asking Daryl why he lied and he'll say it was for her own good or whatever and then it'll all be forgotten.

Just delaying the inevitable

Lorcain

The junkyard faction are survivors from a community theater troupe from the local junior college who were at rehearsal when the outbreak went viral. They indoctrinate new members into their unforgiving theater culture. All are expected to perform moody silent walks and choreographed flash mob-esque formations. Only top troupe members are allowed to talk individually, the rest are part of the "chorus".

i think it will forshadow that carol will go on a suicide mission into the saviors complex which will lead to rick attacking earlier than he planned.

something just has to happen with carol at this moment with her saying she would kill them all if she found out any of the rest were hurt. its going to happen.

Chris1

Rick should've fucked up the regenerator look-alike without taking damage. Last week his plot armor pushed him through a crowd of zombies without a scratch. And all the things he's done, he gets injured by the slow-ass spike zombie? Self-inflicted no less?

Nope.

Real Rick would have torn out one of those spears and shoved it so far up that zombie's ass it'd impale its brain. And then he'd turn and epic Rick-stare queen of the trash heap until she fell to her knees and begged him to ruin their community.
Well yeah the writing was bad, but I don't think there was anything necessarily wrong with grabbing the keyboard. He was put in a shitty life threatening situation without warning, grabbing the first thing you can, effective or not is a natural response. The rest of it could have been handled better though, I agree.

Lorcain

Well yeah the writing was bad, but I don't think there was anything necessarily wrong with grabbing the keyboard. He was put in a shitty situation without warning, grabbing the first thing you can, effective or not is a natural response.
Rick is at max Survivor level, he should've been able to make a hasty Kusarigama out of the keyboard and computer mouse, or a pair of junkyard nunchakus. Winslow got inside his head and debuffed the shit out of him.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I like it when the show does this and gives readers of the comics something we haven't seen.

That armored walker looked great, but trash queen Jadis had those bangs..... bangs.. I couldn't look away. It's all I saw when she was on screen.

Yeah, she's cute

The junkyard faction are survivors from a community theater troupe from the local junior college who were at rehearsal when the outbreak went viral. They indoctrinate new members into their unforgiving theater culture. All are expected to perform moody silent walks and choreographed flash mob-esque formations. Only top troupe members are allowed to talk individually, the rest are part of the "chorus".

Nailed it.

Alright episode last week's was better so happy we are getting back to my hubby Negan next week i've missed him the wait has been too long.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Twist: the rest of the US is fine. Georgia is just a small blip of zombie lawlessness now. ;)

Would redeem the show to be honest. I'm imagining something like the last scene in Lord of the Flies where the children are rescued and the rescuers are disgusted at how far they've fallen. Or maybe they come across a functioning city where people didn't turn on each other like animals. That'd be good too.

adj_noun

I kinda want them to go whole hog with Junkyard Jamboree.

Like, they think a Dungeons and Dragons book they found is a historical text and they worship a Volkswagen named Boodle and they refer to the freeway as the Great Grey Serpent and if anyone points out it hasn't been THAT long since society fell they get sacrificed to Boodle.

Putting Rick in danger. In 2017. His plot armor stats are too high for me to even pretend to imagine anything's gonna happen to the dude.

I'm not sure how I feel about the mole people. Wish they spoke like regular people instead of this weirdo-speak for weird's sake.

I'm pretty sure we're going to learn about who these people are. It seems way out of the left field to introduce a brand new group of survivors that wasn't part of comics or anything else, and the group is all weird and emo. It seems like they have their "elders", own language and of course a leader. I wouldn't be surprised if they're part of a cult or something.

And yeah Rick is beyond overlevelled for this type of stuff. He's like a lv.99 wizard in the game's first training dungeon. They should have thrown Rosita in instead.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lmao just saw the latest episode. Holy shit GAF on point again. Im thinking to myself like.....gees fuck how these people devolve so fast into Mad Max wasters already? Cant even fucking speak. The gloriously bad green screen on top of the dumpster pile, lmao. I do kind of enjoy Rick's new optimistic 'fuck everything we gonna do it' attitude. Better than sad as rick.

Syrus

Banned
Noone listen to talking dead?

Jadis actress said they are the scavengers which is from the comics.

They are bad guys. In the comics theirs only 6 of them though

Im assuming they are "adapted" from the comics

They are definently going to backstab rick though.

And man that greenscreen was BAD
I see no reason to backstab though. They could have taken everything and killed them. Are they going to help rick kill the saviours and then take more than a third? Maybe but I'm pretty sure rick would still be happy. And by then rick will have his weapons. I guess it could happen but I think it's a stretch.

Sir Doom

must be nice of Carol to just take a vacation in the woods, read a book, and get serenaded by a king in this apocalyptic zombie world

Sir Doom

She's such a bore; like that story line could be OK but the characterization of it is just boring.

i think it's the problem with most TV shows when creators get attach to characters/actors that they have no more role to play or they end up with ridiculous plot

sinkfla87

Richard's plan was just full on fuckery lol. Smart at a surface level but kind of dumb when you think about it more. If she's "got more balls than both Daryl and Richard" then wouldn't you want her with you in battle? Richard was there when they told Morgan about Abe and Glenn and he could have gone and told Carol, which would obviously (despite her best wishes) compel her to join the fight. If Ezekiel really cares about Carol enough to go to war over her death, wouldn't he go to war to protect her as well? I mean she'd go to war without his blessing anyway so best he could do would be to watch over her and fight alongside her. Now you've just caused more tension between groups lol. And the junkyard group is terrible so far, disappointed :(.

On a brighter note, my fiancée's sister ran into Ross Marquand (Aaron) in N.O. during Mardi Gras. He was on a float and she yelled "Aaron!! Aaron from Walking Dead?!!" and he excitedly said "yeah!" and told her to run up for a photo haha. He yelled for them to stop the float but there was too much noise so he smiled and posed for her instead. He seemed like a nice guy from interviews but it's cool to have that confirmed. Good guy Ross is awesome. I'll post the photo here later lol.

DBT85

Convinced Carol is going to find out what's been going on, be at the head of the fight and die defending the people that she cares so much for, maybe even killing Negan himself. Otherwise all this bullshit about there being nothing left of her if she starts again is just that.

bidguy

Banned
I see no reason to backstab though. They could have taken everything and killed them. Are they going to help rick kill the saviours and then take more than a third? Maybe but I'm pretty sure rick would still be happy. And by then rick will have his weapons. I guess it could happen but I think it's a stretch.

negan can give her a lot more than a few cans of beans and water bottles. im just surpised they havent encountered the saviors yet, allthough i suppose the stragglers they do encounter dont live too long

im definitely enjoying all this buildup

Top Bottom