• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Chumley

Banned
Just watched last week's episode. That whole thing with the trash people was incredibly dumb. Bad CG, pushing Rick into the pit made me legitimately laugh, awkward dialogue, annoying Rosita, more secret-hiding to keep Carol a completely useless character 10 episodes into the season.

Ugh.

The Carol stuff is really annoying. Seems telegraphed to me that she's just going to do nothing until she finds out about what the Saviors really did and then go kamikaze on them and die.

TVexperto

People keep forgetting that the prison arc was like 5 months ago for the people on the show so carol is burned out and doesnt want to kill anymore she has PTSD

i just dont believe negan. he needs to be 7ft tall and has horns and breaths fire

Not sure whether this is sarcasm, but Negan really doesn't come off as menacing to me. Not sure why someone hasn't just shot him or one of his wives hasn't offed him. He just doesn't come across as frightening. I mean go watch Marlon Brando in Godfather. That's what I want from this role.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD ratings:

Season 7

Episode 1: 17.0 million 8.4 A18-49
Episode 2: 12.5 million 6.1 A18-49
Episode 3: 11.7 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 4: 11.4 million 5.4 A18-49
Episode 5: 11.0 million 5.2 A18-49
Episode 6: 10.4 million 4.9 A18-49
Episode 7: 10.5 million 5.0 A18-49
Episode 8: 10.6 million 5.1 A18-49

Episode 9: 12.0 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 10: 11.1 million 5.3 A18-49
Episode 11: 10.4 million 5.0 A18-49

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
People keep forgetting that the prison arc was like 5 months ago for the people on the show so carol is burned out and doesnt want to kill anymore she has PTSD
Time on this show is so stupid and is the biggest thing that pulls me out of the show.
Not sure whether this is sarcasm, but Negan really doesn't come off as menacing to me. Not sure why someone hasn't just shot him or one of his wives hasn't offed him. He just doesn't come across as frightening. I mean go watch Marlon Brando in Godfather. That's what I want from this role.
That's not how this work though.

I can see how the followers of the comic book would want Negan more true to form. I don't think those who don't follow the comic care though. I haven't read them and Negan is pretty damn intimidating to me.

riotous

Banned

Doesn't make it any less boring.

And I'm not looking forward to the inevitable come back of her "bad ass" characterization; so not convincing to me. I liked evil Carol quite a bit but this idea that she's some bad ass fighter is dumb to me. I'm still rolling my eyes at the cartoonish firework scene.

Eugene is obviously playing the long game with Negan, but he's also prepared to live with Negan if Rick fails.

Yep. He tells Abraham that he does whatever he does in order to survive. He made Abe and Rosita take care of him through lies, and now he's making Negan do the same. I wonder how long the con will last though.

This season's part 2 is making side characters like Gabriel and Eugene more fleshed out, which I like.

Jaraghan

Anyone think Carol is going to die this season? It feels like she has run her course here. She was this badass saviour of Rick's group, but now she does nothing. I mean, it's understandable that she doesn't want anymore violence, but something needs to happen to her character soon.

I feel like she is going to learn about Glen/Abraham/Negan's fuckery and will lose it. Maybe she'll die in a blaze of glory or something.

I think she will preemptively start a war between the 3 vs the saviors.

Guessing maybe she kills a lot of ppl there with daryl while morgsn tries to find rick to tell him what is about to happen. Things go into chaos. All of this starting next season though lol

dustyherb

Anyone think Carol is going to die this season? It feels like she has run her course here. She was this badass saviour of Rick's group, but now she does nothing. I mean, it's understandable that she doesn't want anymore violence, but something needs to happen to her character soon.

I feel like she is going to learn about Glen/Abraham/Negan's fuckery and will lose it. Maybe she'll die in a blaze of glory or something.
A lot of people in this thread think she's going to die. Honestly I don't see her dying anytime soon . It took all the way from Season 3 episode 16 (Andrea dying) till season 7 episode 1 for them to kill another member of the Atlanta Camp. There's only four people left now from the season 1 group and Carol is the only woman. I think it's going to be a long stretch before they kill 1 of the 4.

Ew. We gonna have a Rick and Michonne bottle episode on sunday? I may skip that one. Also, does anyone know if
Sasha
is gonna die this season cause she got cast in the new
Star Trek show
as the lead.

A lot of people in this thread think she's going to die. Honestly I don't see her dying anytime soon . It took all the way from Season 3 episode 16 (Andrea dying) till season 7 episode 1 for them to kill another member of the Atlanta Camp. There's only four people left now from the season 1 group and Carol is the only woman. I think it's going to be a long stretch before they kill 1 of the 4.

I think the writers go through a nerfing process for certain characters, and then when the time comes to un-nerf them they do that. It's one of the things that drives me bananas about this show, that we have terrible inconsistency on characterization. Rick is a fucking roller coaster depending on the plot, for instance.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Say Yes

Members of the group scavenge for supplies. Meanwhile, back in Alexandria, someone must make a morally-challenging decision.

Tonight's episode was written by ? and was directed by Greg Nicotero, who last directed 7.9 "Rock in the Road" (the one where Rick and Co. meet Ezekiel).

Tonight's episode will run 2 minutes past the hour.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Yvette Nicole Brown (actress, Community)
Denise Huth (co-executive producer)

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
what could've been an interesting confrontation gets cut. Montage shots rule. Ugh. This is why this show is so dumb now

Cimarron

Everytime i seepeople driving this show it annoys me now. It's been a while. All of the gasoline would have long since gone bad

Top Bottom