• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Eugene went on my dream date, couple of married chicks and video games.

Except for the fact that I would have
taken the massage, then cuckolded Negan
\s

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 711: “Hostiles and Calamities”

LrnkrU1.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 711, “Hostiles and Calamities” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 711: “Hostiles and Calamities” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 712, “Say Yes” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 712, “Say Yes” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead's Inside The Dead
  • While demonstrating his science prowess to Negan's wives, Eugene hums Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture." The triumphant song often accompanies fireworks.
  • In the script, Eugene's Gremblygunk was originally described as a "crazy-looking stuffed animal." The actual prop is based on a sloth.
  • In the scene where Negan knocks to enter Eugene's room, Negan uses a common 7-note knock pattern. It is often referred to as "Shave and a Haircut, Two Bits."
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

jerry113

Banned
Negan must not be very bright because even if you have a doctorate degree in biochemistry and microbiology does not necessarily make you a medical doctor or surgeon...

That episode was a lot of fun, probably one of my favorites this season. Eugene is just a kick to watch and I just love his line delivery. So much awesome bullshit was said. Negan is a fool though, because that real doc seemed way too useful to just throw away like that.

And the small single-character episodes like this can be really refreshing since there are so many people to keep track of now. Sometimes they can be boring and distant but this one hit the mark.

I was still shell shocked after the oscars, why was Dwight cool with framing the doctor?

Did the doctor say something messed up or did Dwight reject his character development?

LQX

Negan with that wrestling throw. Haha.

oLG8VPQ.gif

First good episode this season. Finally Eugene is appreciated and now knows his worth.

Mediking

The best moment was when Eugene gave Negan that Rick stare... a stare that said, "You're crazy and somebody gotta take you down."

Code:
[IMG]https://j.gifs.com/NxRJQL.gif[/IMG]

Zaph

Mr.Shrugglesツ;231110902 said:
Last night I learned that fire will kill you in less than 30 seconds.

That scene, and the scene last week of Rick cutting off the head of Heavy Metal zombie, both felt like the result of the producers staying they "listened to feedback on violence" (while totally missing the point of what bothered people about S7E1).

I liked how Eugene
basically told Dwight he sees through him when they were on the catwalk at the end. playing their part, waiting for a chance. cant wait to see how this plays out later.

idonteven

Mr.Shrugglesツ;231110902 said:
Last night I learned that fire will kill you in less than 30 seconds.

well he went head first into a super hot furnace...doesnt that destroy ur lungs ? maybe he stopped screaming because he could not scream anymore

ElyrionX

That scene, and the scene last week of Rick cutting off the head of Heavy Metal zombie, both felt like the result of the producers staying they "listened to feedback on violence" (while totally missing the point of what bothered people about S7E1).

I don't know. I was one of those who got bothered by S7E1 and I feel like my concerns have been addressed.

ElyrionX

Dwight and Eugene are amazing characters at this point, especially Dwight.

With Gabriel, Eugene and Dwight, I feel like the character development in this series has improved tremendously from the first few seasons.

Eugene = best liar of them all

Did yall see his face when
one of the wives asked him to talk about the human genome project? lol he was like oh shit, i better switch the subject now!

Does Eugene actually have any science background at all? I kinda forgot his backstory (if he had any)

It was never fully explained, but no, none that we know of. He lied about a bunch of stuff and basically appears to be an normal person who is basically an introvert, geek, and reads a lot.

domstah

What is it with Dwight and killing doctors/medics?

First he murdered Denise, with a spectacular crossbow bolt to the throat.

Then he orders Doctor BBQ from Negan's mysterious oven of convenience.

thought he did a confession when they stopped driving the truck to DC and eugene got beat up by abraham. then a lil flashback happened or something?

ZOONAMI

thought he did a confession when they stopped driving the truck to DC and eugene got beat up by abraham. then a lil flashback happened or something?

Yeah ricks group knows that Eugene was a fraud. Dwight might also have suspicions based on Eugene not playing his current role in Alexandria.

Or at least I would be suspicious (even Negan should be suspicious imo) that he suddenly goes from being an underling to ordering people around based on his background.

Why would he not have more importance with Ricks group if his claims are real?

Top Bottom