• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

007 Legends announced (360, PS3)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
$10 bet the game releases 1 week prior to COD BLOPS release date (Sent out to die)

So 11/6 or 11/13 for BLOPS 2

1 week before that, 007 releases

trinest

"A first-of-its-kind Bond video game, 007 Legends features an original, overarching storyline tying together six classic Bond movies, concluding with this year's highly-anticipated 23rd installment — SKYFALL "

Were do I preorder?

Alec Trevelyan was terrible in the remake.

All of the "re-imagined" characters in the remake were terrible. Too be fair though, how does one go about improving or at the very least make characters that are as interesting and iconic as the ones in Goldeneye?

That was a real problem. Game was still fun. just didn't have the same emotional connection as I did with the previous game.

Shiggy

Our story begins deep in murky, watery depths. You’re James Bond, and you’re drifting, unconscious. You don’t know why – only that you’re struggling for your life like never before. In moments of cognizance, you recall epic moments from the last 50 years. The harrowing chases. The uber-villains. The exotic locales. The girls.

What will be your legend if this is the end?

In 007 Legends, you’ll take on the role of James Bond as played by Daniel Craig, running missions in the most iconic settings of 007’s five-decade film history. The places and times remain classified, but each retains the look and feel of the original movies, updated with reimagined characters, expanded gameplay and exciting new plotlines.

Which brings us back to your current predicament. The clock is ticking. Will this be yet another close brush with death, or has your remarkably good luck dried up at last?

Only you can answer that, Bond.

007legends.com

steamWorks.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How bad is Bloodstone? I kinda want to try it simply because it's Bizaar's last game.

Also the PS3 demo of the remake of Goldeneye didn't completely sell me on it. Was it a decent after the demo level? Because it just felt like Quantum of Solace, which wasn't bad... but wasn't that great (especially in multiplayer. Sup Shotguns are Top Tier?) either.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How bad is Bloodstone? I kinda want to try it simply because it's Bizaar's last game.

Also the PS3 demo of the remake of Goldeneye didn't completely sell me on it. Was it a decent after the demo level? Because it just felt like Quantum of Solace, which wasn't bad... but wasn't that great (especially in multiplayer. Sup Shotguns are Top Tier?) either.

Bloodstone is pure popcorn fun.

Goldeneye gets and stays really good after the demo bit.

Penguin

007legends.com

steamWorks.jpg

Oh gawd, I'm an awful human being, but my hype for the game shot through the roof.. only with a paragraph.

Blood Stone peaks with the opening mission, which is a thrilling level with boat chase, car chase and I believe an aerial chase as well.

Once you get past that, its a maddening 3rd person shooter with some terrible mechanics... why the hell can I not aim my gun while in cover >.<
The game also ends on a cliffhanger of sorts, which honestly will never be resolved

And the multi community was pretty dead

TheSeks

Bloodstone is pure popcorn fun.

Goldeneye gets and stays really good after the demo bit.

Guess I'll have to track down a copy of both. Playing Blur casually recently reminded me that I wanted to try Bloodstone in the day and I saw this thread so I figured I'd just ask.

DMczaf

In 007 Legends, you&#8217;ll take on the role of James Bond as played by Daniel Craig, running missions in the most iconic settings of 007&#8217;s five-decade film history. The places and times remain classified, but each retains the look and feel of the original movies, updated with reimagined characters, expanded gameplay and exciting new plotlines.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

I hated this in Goldeneye, and I double hate it for this. I love Craig, but I'd rather have the Bonds from those movies in those missions.

TheSeks

I doubt Activision wants to spend the time and money getting the licenses and facial/body data of the actors for the "various times" Craig's Bond is going to visit. :/

Penguin

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

I hated this in Goldeneye, and I double hate it for this. I love Craig, but I'd rather have the Bonds from those movies in those missions.

I understand why they do it 1)He is current Bond 2)I assume it costs a pretty penny to license the other guys' likeness/voices.

But it would be awesome if they pulled an Arkham City and allow you to go through the game in different Bond skins.

XDDX

Eurocom did a great job with the Goldeneye game and I'm sure this will be great too. Trailer looked nice.

Nemesis_

Yup, this comes out ten days before Skyfall hits cinemas worldwide. Kind of makes sense I guess, at least it's free.

The Quantum of Solace game came out a few days after the movie hit cinemas too, so at least this theory would be consistent. >_>

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
4-player split screen local? Who does this anymore? That's awesome.

Penguin

I hate these choices.

My enthusiasm for this game is very low.
I like these choices

From a game industry standpoint, they are picking movies with interesting locales/environments/setting, which is for the best.

Sure the story will be a mess.

4-player split screen local? Who does this anymore? That's awesome.

Eurocom
They did it with Goldeneye Wii/ReLoaded

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

I picked it up on the cheap recently just because it was Bizarres last game. As mentioned above, the opening level has all the makings of a great Bond game, but then it falls apart. There is the odd great Bond moment thrown in (Think I just passed the 4th or 5th mission
infiltrating the mansion where a party is being held. You scan guards for codes, get access to safe.
. That's from memory anyway. It's a little bit hazy. ) The checkpoint system is horrible too but maybe that is just because I am playing it on a harder difficulty level.

bndadm

This entire thread just reminds me I need to finally finish Everything or Nothing.

I have not outright disliked any of the Craig-bond games (did not play Blood Stone), but keep feeling they are just not quite there yet.

If I can have a moonraker laser shoot-out in that high-ceilined black rock chamber of Hugo Drax's, or a bobsled chase after Blofeld, or exploring Scaramanga's island lair, would go a long way. But as the Bond franchise itself has changed from the days of world-conquering megalomaniacs and secret lairs, obviously the game adaptations lose that too.

I like this Legends idea - too bad they won't make a straight-up adaptation for XBLA / PSN of each Bond film for $5-$7 each. Of course the public response if "Octopussy" was adapted would be great.

bndadm

The question is, we will have main theme revisions for every movie in the game, like the one in Goldeneye 007? Because that one was fantastic.

It is as close to Tina Turner's greatness as it could be. What an awesome revision (and credit sequence) in that game.

OHMSS would be really hard because I thought that whole theme was without lyrics?

It is as close to Tina Turner's greatness as it could be. What an awesome revision (and credit sequence) in that game.

OHMSS would be really hard because I thought that whole theme was without lyrics?

Yup, it's without lyrics

Also, pretty excited about this news as it's one of my fav Bond films

bndadm

If you like stealth gameplay.

That was one of the biggest surprises to me when I played it on 360. The stealth levels/sections were actually fairly good and fit within the framework of the story.

I blew through the game pretty quickly on a rental, even beat it on 007 (very hard, thankfully as 007 should be). This thread has me thinking I should pick it up again.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
its just the Wii one in HD? I would say pass. Damn I woulda like to seen Free Radical make it as was supposedly originally planned. Or the XBLA faithful remake that Rare themselves made. A man can dream...

Meh, I liked that Eurocom put their own spin on it. The gunplay was tight, the stealth functioned well and they turned the original levels a lot more interesting from a visual and gameplay standpoint.

scitek

its just the Wii one in HD? I would say pass. Damn I woulda like to seen Free Radical make it as was supposedly originally planned. Or the XBLA faithful remake that Rare themselves made. A man can dream...

It's the Wii game in HD and 60fps (more or less), which makes a huge difference IMO considering how awful the framerate could get in the Wii version.

propellerheads did a good version of the OHMSS theme. 'We Have All The Time In The World' performed by Louis Armstrong was an original song written for the film too, so they could always go with that.

kunonabi

Well at least the picked the one movie where replacing the original is actually an improvement. As long is it doesn't turn into the Diana Rigg show it should be fine.

Top Bottom