• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

onesvenus

I've been registered from August 2004 but I was a regular lurker even before that.
I remember the domain change and your text asking for money but I can't remember if I gave you anything or not.

Anyway, congrats about the long way you have taken the forums.

Tecnniqe

Banned
giphy.gif

That's a lot of posts.

Eliciel

Congrats everyone. Congrats Team. Congrats EviLore. Congrats Gaf.
Questions will be asked. Minds will be blown. Hype Train is on its way. Choo Choo.

Over and Out

Browsing the web is a thing we love, a thing we'll never shirk
A boarder I was meant to be.
Trolling devs and posting memes.

You say we're trolling Members
Spiteful, doubtful paid-email'ers
From what I've seen, I tell you
We're not boarders, we're just slackers

Lionheart

Congratulations to all and thanks to all that have made and are still making NeoGAF the way it is. It's incredible that even with the huge growth the average post / topic quality has stayed so high over the years.

Very proud to have been here since the beginning. Still my most visited site now and still my browser start page since day one. It quickly replaced all other gaming web sites I visited and it still does.

Cheers!

SJRB

Gold Member
Congratulations and salutations to all. I love this place, and here's to the next 100 million.

Videogames, man.

gossi

The site is rarely down, too. Impressive stuff, and well moderated (I'm a downgraded Member, and rightly so).

JamesAR15

Really is an amazing achievement. Thank you EL for recapping the history, was a great read.

I've been on a lot of forums over the years but none compare to GAF.

TheChaos0

Wow, what a time to be alive. Congratulations, EviLore and the team. Here's for many more years of news, megatons, gifs, hyperbole and all the stupid, funny and meanigful posts that happen on this board. -cheers-

GamerSoul

Wooo. We in the 100,000,000 club. Thanks for sharing that story Evilore!

I joined around the time of Super Smash Bros. Brawl's speculation craze and E3 so I've seen this site get hit so hard and crash around every megaton announcement. Imo it became the norm and was achievement of sorts lol. Yes we broke GAF again, that's how we roll. :3 I also remember Off Topic discussion was even sacrificed at times to keep the crazy train rolling. But over the years with the changes, I'm impressed and surprised lol with how well this site has performed during those megatons! You guys did a great job and keep it up!

Kholdy

Neo Member
Congratulations for this milestone and more so for getting this far while keeping true to ideals set in the past. It's a wonderful thing to be free, isn't?

Awesome story, and congrats! I remember trying out tons of gaming forums to find a place where I could enjoy talking about video games. After several years I never found a place where I was comfortable. At least not until this place. This is just the greatest gaming forum there is, no doubt about it. Thanks EviLore and everyone for keeping it alive!

I'm asking myself how one can come up with the idea of making a community forum for gamers?

Wouldn't the first thought be "Let's go to the big gaming sites and meet there?"

How can you think 'I'm making my own and people will go there' which obviously worked but thinking this in 2004... I don't think I would have trusted the idea half as much.

Proud to be a (very small, junior) member of the greatest forum on the Internet. It's the first and last thing I look at everyday. Love this place. Cheers!

squall23

Lurker FTW! I'm proud of my average 1.03 posts/day!

Hoping I won't be perma-banned and can continue to lurk until the next 100 million!

Top Bottom