• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICallItFutile said:
Do you ever buy games? 93 items wow

This is stump like four days ago:

stump: honestly i have 56 games on my steam wishlist and that's a basically exhaustive survey of the entire service
stump: i would say there's maybe another 15-25 they could dupe me into buying with tantalizingly low prices

Then he decided to populate his wishlist with every game he might ever even conceivably want to buy:

stump: SiN / SiN Episodes: Episode 1 - worth $0.01?
stump: is there anything redeeming about advent rising at all?
stump: i wonder if "are you smarter than a 5th grader?" has any good trivia questions
stump: "the sum of all fears" the video game
stump: no reviews on metacritic

(we said no)

(he added them all to his wishlist anyway)

(now he is going to buy all of them for more than $0.01 apiece)

webrunner

BigAT said:
Does the PC version of Super Meat Boy have anything added to it? I already own the 360 version, but truth be told I'm thinking of double dipping. It's hard not to for $3.75.

Headcrab or Goo Ball, Capt. Viridian, Steve Minecraft, Josef (robot from Mechanarium), Naija (Aquaria), RunMan instead of Gish, Alien Hominid, Tim, Spelunky, Pink Knight, N+ Ninja.

Zachack

coopolon said:
Does Winterbottom have gamepad support? I mean, I'm going to buy it anyway, it's $.50, but I'd be happier about it if it has gamepad support.
Stop asking questions that don't matter and focus on what's important: SPENDING

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
derFeef said:
Nice sales. But where are the banners?

Steam sale last year was so fucking ball'n word spread. Now this year mother fuckers were camping out that shit like it was the mother fuck'n PS4 launch or something. They can't do anything cause the servers can barely keep up.

Dave Long

Banned
The Square-Enix pack is ridiculous value. Probably just do that instead of Last Remnant on its own. Insanity. I wanted to spend $20 or less and now I'll probably spend like $80 to $100. *sigh*

I'm calling it right now. I'm not buying anything in 2011. One game a month tops. Too much stuff to play already.

Zachack

Schmattakopf said:
So it's been an hour - I guess no daily deals? I think I like that.
I don't because I want DR2 and DAU for cheaper than they're offering.

Also Bloodlines. I know it will go on sale. I KNOW IT.

Mr. Hyde

Schmattakopf said:

Some of the games say daily deal in the info, but I don't see a daily deal front page. The front page daily deals section might be running late or just a crazy scavenger hunt for our poor souls.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Schmattakopf said:
considering there isn't even a banner announcing a sale up yet, i don't think anything is final.

Going to get Super Meat Boy and the FEAR pack. Maybe Winterbottom cuz it's like spare change.

Servers are taking a beating too, getting errors all over the place.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Better question is I have a D2D version I got from IGN somehow of KOTOR, but the game wouldn't run right with my ATI card. I was getting like 7fps sometimes in the 1st city despite my DX10 48XX card. I want to own the game, but hesitant the steam version will give me a similar issue.

Dizzy-4U

coopolon said:
Does Winterbottom have gamepad support? I mean, I'm going to buy it anyway, it's $.50, but I'd be happier about it if it has gamepad support.
YES IT DOES! NOW GO AND SPEND MONEY!

DSN2K

Brettison said:
Better question is I have a D2D version I got from IGN somehow of KOTOR, but the game wouldn't run right with my ATI card. I was getting like 7fps sometimes in the 1st city despite my DX10 48XX card. I want to own the game, but hesitant the steam version will give me a similar issue.

runs fine for me on ATi 5770! I bought it 2 weeks ago on Steam.

Mr. Hyde

I am glad I held out two weeks before buying Titan Quest. Yay! I can now slay monsters with my girlfriend who is obsessed with this game.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Schmattakopf said:
Nah, they're just not being advertised as DD yet.....

20101220-gb3w23n4mr5yjatc7dr3fb74ct.jpg

My guess is the mainpage will get updated at noon PST.

Is there any chance Mass Effect 1, 2, and Dragon Age: Origins UE will fall even lower, GAF?

I really want those on my new gaming PC (have the console versions) but I don't want to buy them too early. :lol

TenshiOni said:
Is there any chance Mass Effect 1, 2, and Dragon Age: Origins UE will fall even lower, GAF?

I really want those on my new gaming PC (have the console versions) but I don't want to buy them too early. :lol

Yes. All 3 are EA games and EA games tend to be part of daily deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom