• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
TenshiOni said:
Is there any chance Mass Effect 1, 2, and Dragon Age: Origins UE will fall even lower, GAF?

I really want those on my new gaming PC (have the console versions) but I don't want to buy them too early. :lol
ME1 was 4.99 last sale, and ME2 is surely going to be 9.99 or lower.

Polk

Brettison said:
Better question is I have a D2D version I got from IGN somehow of KOTOR, but the game wouldn't run right with my ATI card. I was getting like 7fps sometimes in the 1st city despite my DX10 48XX card. I want to own the game, but hesitant the steam version will give me a similar issue.
back in the day there was a problem with ati drivers with this game effecting in slowdowns. Maybe it's happening again?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, so if I buy SMB on Steam does that mean I don't get the Goo Ball character? I mean, I'll be buying it anyway as soon as Steam is unborked, but I'd still like to know.

nexen

Make with the banners, Steam! I can only hold out for so long!

delirium said:
I have BC2 but not on Steam, I don't know if I should double dip.
PC version decimates the console versions if you have a decent rig.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
TenshiOni said:
Is there any chance Mass Effect 1, 2, and Dragon Age: Origins UE will fall even lower, GAF?

I really want those on my new gaming PC (have the console versions) but I don't want to buy them too early. :lol
ME 1 and 2 are both $7.98 on gamersgate. I don't even know what they are on steam because search is fubar, but if they are more than that then there is a good chance they will at least go down to $8 in this sale.

BigAT

Anyone have any thoughts on Battlefield: Bad Company 2, PC vs. 360? My roommate already has it for 360 (I have yet to play it).

Still a decent community player multiplayer on PC?

I don't really want to get the Square pack at $74.99, but noticed that The Last Remnant is on sale (for once) for $19.99...is worth it at that price? Or you think it might be even more discounted during the Steam sale?

(Dumb?) Question about the sale (I think I might have asked this last year, don't remember). If I add something to my cart today, and the price goes back up tomorrow, will it still be at the discounted price in my cart? I'm wondering if I could add a bunch of stuff throughout the week and checkout all at once, so I can at least see how much everything is going to cost me :p

Instro

So Super Meat Boy is 75% off, I wonder if I should wait. Great price on PB btw, I think I paid like $5 for that and it was still worth it.

kai3345

Banned
Zombie James said:
(Dumb?) Question about the sale (I think I might have asked this last year, don't remember). If I add something to my cart today, and the price goes back up tomorrow, will it still be at the discounted price in my cart? I'm wondering if I could add a bunch of stuff throughout the week and checkout all at once, so I can at least see how much everything is going to cost me :p
this is a good question

Zombie James said:
(Dumb?) Question about the sale (I think I might have asked this last year, don't remember). If I add something to my cart today, and the price goes back up tomorrow, will it still be at the discounted price in my cart?
Nope. Maybe for a few minutes after it goes back up, but that's it.

Dipswitch

P.B Winterbottom bought. Tempted to get Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but I think I'll be able to hold off. Emphasis on think.

GamePnoy74 said:
I don't really want to get the Square pack at $74.99, but noticed that The Last Remnant is on sale (for once) for $19.99...is worth it at that price? Or you think it might be even more discounted during the Steam sale?

It is indeed worth it at that price (it is, in my opinion, an excellent game and the PC version is by far the definitive version) but I myself am waiting with the hope we'll get a 75% off deal -- it's been $10 on Steam before -- so I can double-dip.

1-D_FTW

Polk said:
back in the day there was a problem with ati drivers with this game effecting in slowdowns. Maybe it's happening again?

I remember that. I think the second level I was literally getting like .2 frames a second. For the longest time, I had the driver version you needed burned into my brain. This was with a 9800. So it was a while ago.

Aaron

Zombie James said:
Nope. You've got to buy it if you want the current price for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom