• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Both Freedom Forces are within your 1,80$ limit.

Highly recommended.

Or Rush from todays sale.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
wmat said:
Nah, I'm sitting on an office chair and resting my feet on the stereo under my desk. My mouse is on an old drum stool. I taped white paper onto it so that the IR from the mouse doesn't get irritated.
What, are you in a farm house? :lol

Smash88

Banned
This kind of blows, I want Simcity 4, Crysis: Maximum Edition and Rush, but can't afford all of them. WHAT DO I DO GAF.... I hate having to choose...this blows.

JohngPR

ohhthegore said:
Crysis Pack is cheap enough for me to justify buying it just to test out my new rig, plus I heard its pretty fun to play too :lol

Same here. I'm in the process of building a PC right now so I'll be getting it now to DL when I get all of the pieces in. ;)

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
OneEightZero said:
What, are you in a farm house? :lol
I'm in a small apartment in a big city.

The mouse contraption is just because my chair doesn't get up high enough so that my hand doesn't fall asleep when I put it on the desk and use it. It's a very comfortable setting.

Achievement Unlocked: Resisted the Urge
You have successfully stopped yourself from double dipping for Crysis Maximum Edition and Sim City 4 Deluxe

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I was thinking about the same and chose SimCity 4 because I had good experiences with 2000. Kinda nostalgic decision. But since its supposedly the better game... why not choose it? If you dont I'd love to hear some impressions from the other game.

kamspy

tahrikmili said:
Achievement Unlocked: Resisted the Urge
You have successfully stopped yourself from double dipping for Crysis Maximum Edition and Sim City 4 Deluxe

Not until 12:59 tomorrow buddy.

kennah

Toma said:
I was thinking about the same and chose SimCity 4 because I had good experiences with 2000. Kinda nostalgic decision. But since its supposedly the better game... why not choose it? If you dont I'd love to hear some impressions from the other game.
I personally have never been able to recapture the feeling I had playing SC2000 back in the day. The new Sim Cities seem too bloaty to me, not operating with the pure speed of the 2d beautiful pixel art of that one.

Minsc said:
Now try putting shadows and every other option there is to the highest, you'll be getting under 10fps :D

The game has issues with running maxed, on ATI cards, not sure if you can max it (all settings) on nVidia cards, but it seems to run better.

It may even just be the single core restriction that does the most damage, thus having a 4Ghz+ CPU helps a lot.

Well, all shadow options maxed and it went down to 25-30fps. I switched them back to medium as there didn't seem to be much visual difference. :p

Toma

mikespit1200 said:
Freedom force kinda looks like those X-men legends and Marvel ultimate alliance games. That a fair comparison?

Not really. I get why you think that but Freedom Force is wackier and more strategic. Marvel UA is more the brawler type if directly compare them. But still if you dig the visual style and like having superheroes with different skills to blow up a city while you are rescuing the world in a 86% gamerankings game... then choose Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich. :D

I had a blast playing it 3-4 years back. Definitely will pick it up again at the end of the steam sale.

Smash88

Banned
Domino Theory said:
I can gift you Rush. :)

Thanks for the offer, but honestly I could never ask anyone to gift me something especially when I have the potential income for it and it is so cheap. But again, thank you for the kind offer :)

I'm sure it will be more suited for someone more deserving on this board. :D

EDIT: Decided to skip out on Simcity, so I can finally own Crysis on steam. I have the Crysis boxes, so I'm probably going to give my friend the discs with account pass and stuff. That would be more suited. I'm done with discs, and well to be honest, my DVD drive is kinda busted :p

Big B

the demo for King's Bounty doesn't work so I don't want to chance buying the game. why you gotta be like that pc gaming.

My main issue with SC4 was that I just couldn't figure out how to create a new map or randomize one..

I kept trying to do SOMETHING on the Sims-like area map, but all I could do was build on the default geography..

doingitwrong.gif ?

Toma said:
It's just, there's five years between these games. It is possible City Life does some things better, or perhaps even is better. But I'm starting to feel silly being indecisive over €2.49, and tired of staring at my cart, so SimCity 4 it is. Either way it can't be the wrong choice.

Salsa

Smash88 said:
I'm guessing we are going based on the final sentence here. I know, I know, still I'm sure someone a lot more deserving will be much more happier than if I took it, especially since I can afford it.

Does GAF always try to guilt people into getting free stuff? :lol

Just kidding. :D

You could always pay him later when you get the money, or gift him a game of similar value.

kuYuri

Is there some kind of tutorial for King's Bounty? I'm playing the demo to decide if the game is something I want and they just kind of throw me into battle without telling me anything.

kamspy

Bought ArmA 2 Combined Ops on Amazon for $12.50

Suck it Gabe. Errr, I mean, that NFS Shift sale would be pretty rad tomorrow.

I think I'll be getting SimCity 4 and Rush today. Both are nice and cheap. :D

I saw some people earlier in the thread were having trouble with PunkBuster updates in Bad Company 2... I had the same problem last night, and I was able to fix it by running PBSetup.

Strider2K99 said:
Is there some kind of tutorial for King's Bounty? I'm playing the demo to decide if the game is something I want and they just kind of throw me into battle without telling me anything.
you just move/stand and kill people with weapon or magic :lol.

Really I bought almost everything I could buy. Unless there is another nice surprise like NWN2 I just don't know what the sale has left to offer. Maybe if its something for a ridiculously low price. Like all of Company of heroes games for $3.

Pity about that Securom in Crysis, you'd think that after they made all that money they'd just remove it in line with the rest of EA's PC games but nope. Too stubborn.

Considering Sim City 4 but I heard it's not very accessible.

ChryZ

When will this madness end? Argh, this morning I was like "cool, I got all the shit I hoped for" and now I'm going to buy the Crysis pack. Damn you, sale!

Smash88

Banned
Visualante said:
Pity about that Securom in Crysis, you'd think that after they made all that money they'd just remove it in line with the rest of EA's PC games but nope. Too stubborn.

Considering Sim City 4 but I heard it's not very accessible.

What do you mean by accessible?

Maybe if I make the ultimate sacrifice for the community and buy bloodlines at full price ($19.99... the horror... the horror...) then it'll go on sale the next day kinda like when you wash your car and then it rains.

Smash88 said:
What do you mean by accessible?
As in accessible to someone who hasn't played the previous entries in the genre. I understand there has been a significant growth of features between 2, 3 and 4. I played the original when it was simple. I think Sim City Socities or whatever that spin-off was, could have been an admission that the games got too overwhelming.
mavs said:
It's sim city. You zone land and build roads.
Yeah and Civ is just building towns and liaising with fellow nations :lol

InertiaXr

I bought the Dragon Age UE when it was a daily deal and am currently in the process of modding it as I please, but can anybody give me a list of how I should play all the content? Seems a little confusing between the base Origins content, then Awakening and all the other small quest/DLC packs...:lol

mavs said:
It's sim city. You zone land and build roads.
Seriously. The extend of my sim city knowledge was that you had to build a power plant and run power lines to the buildings that had the lightning bolt symbol over them. I didn't find it hard to get into at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom