• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Handing out free copies of Amnesia? That's awesome, the more people who get to play this game, the better :D. Hope Frictional is raking in the cash during the sale, they have earned it and I'd rather they were safe from financial trouble so they can work on their next title without fear of closing or something :D

Easy_D said:
Handing out free copies of Amnesia? That's awesome, the more people who get to play this game, the better :D. Hope Frictional is raking in the cash during the sale, they have earned it and I'd rather they were safe from financial trouble so they can work on their next title without fear of closing or something :D

That's pretty much why I am doing it, to help Frictional out. Top class indie devs deserve the support imo.

Weenerz, when you accept my friend request, the game is yours.

Weenerz

Banned
purvispisgah said:
That's pretty much why I am doing it, to help Frictional out. Top class indie devs deserve the support imo.

Weenerz, when you accept my friend request, the game is yours.

Accepted it.

Narag

Trouble said:
Holy shit, why did I think I wasn't going to like Batman:AA? Stayed up way too late last night punching bad guys in the dick.

I feel your pain. I was the same way and late nights are punishment for doubting.

Sye d'Burns

Shaneus said:
Please don't post about how good games are that aren't currently on sale... I went to have a look and was yesterday I saw it on sale, not today :/

50% off doesn't even qualify as a sale anymore. O Gabe, look what you have wrought.

Seriously, half off is nothing to sneeze at
on the last day as a last resort.

Sye d'Burns

Trouble said:
Holy shit, why did I think I wasn't going to like Batman:AA? Stayed up way too late last night punching bad guys in the dick.

NBagP.gif

:lol :lol

In other news...
While I probably will pick up more things, the only other something I'm holding out on is a possible double-dip into Morrowind:GOTY. Sadly, Steam says The Elder Scrolls:Construction Set is not included. That has me considering just sticking with the discs.

Wthermans

Banned
Easy_D said:
I looked it up on Steam forums and it seems all 3 games work just fine. The reason the first two didn't work was because of Starforce DRM bullshit, but apparently that has been taken out for the Steam release. There are people there who say they downloaded the first two and that they run just fine :)

Edit: The Steam Store page says Windows 2000/XP ONLY though, but given that more than one person has said all 3 games work fine in Vista/7 there shouldn't be any worries.
Awesome. Gonna purchase it in the morning. :)

dream

IMACOMPUTA said:
Wow. BTTF the game is SHORT.
I beat it in like 2 hours.
I could have bought like 30 other games for the price i paid.

You...didn't pay 8 bucks for BTTF Episode 1, did you?

124 games bought over the course of about a year and I feel like I've eaten until I want to puke. Aside from a handful of certain titles I won't be buying any more games for a long while, no matter how cheap.

I promise...

Edgeward

Picked up Dead Space and PvZ. Really disappointed that even with v-sync turned off mouse controls don't turn quite as responsive as I would like and aiming seems to be on another sensitivity too. Luckily, I have my 360 pad connected so it should alleviate any control issues there. Still would've liked mouse controls to the way to go.

If I use a controller, will the in-game v-sync option affect it too, or am I fine to turn that on now?

Edgeward said:
Picked up Dead Space and PvZ. Really disappointed that even with v-sync turned off mouse controls don't turn quite as responsive as I would like and aiming seems to be on another sensitivity too. Luckily, I have my 360 pad connected so it should alleviate any control issues there. Still would've liked mouse controls to the way to go.

If I use a controller, will the in-game v-sync option affect it too, or am I fine to turn that on now?

Just use D3DOverrider to enable Vsync and disable it in-game, that way you get the best of both worlds.

Proc

bought amnesia before going to bed...how could I not. letting it download and will poke my head in for a quick session tomorrow. Its silly how many quality games I got from this sale under $10.

Petrie

Banned
Hey if we're giving out copies of Amnesia I'd love to get it for my g/f, so I can not tell her at all what it is, then watch her freak out within minutes of opening it.

If it's gifted by me, she'll suspect something, but from someone else, she'll think it's somebody who heard a female voice in the mic being nice.

Steam ID: Tiffernini

I'll paypal to make it happen

IrishNinja

see, i told you guys it was up to gabe. stallion said it wasnt and then some apple fanboy guy talked about angry birds last time i said this but ITS TRUE.

on your email, mention that we want grim fandango, too!

Penumbra Black Plague Gold Edition has both Black Plague and Requiem

ah, should've figured! so bought, the last day..wouldnt want it to be a daily for $4 and be out a whole dollar.

kinda wondering if older titles like jade empire, max payne, gun, etc have any chance of dropping for this sale. also, its a given that valve's gonna dump their titles around the last day, yeah?

Salsa

Sgt.Pepper said:
Plants Vs. Zombies is incredibly fun. I hope you guys bought it!

Already have it although tempted to get it on Steam. Didnt get it cause im waiting for the DS version though.

Dante

Loving my Purchases today.

Amnesia. Runs great on a Macbook, and is quite easy to play with a touch pad.

Swords and Soldiers. Great production quality, some questionable design decisions, but overall pretty good.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Plants Vs. Zombies is incredibly fun. I hope you guys bought it!

Grabbed it, FINALLY, after being tempted 3-4 times this year. $4 is too good of a deal to pass up.

Also: totally worth it. Game is really addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom