• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

For the new page:

I have a Killing Floor bundle (game+ all DLC) I wasn't able to gift, if someone wants to trade a $6.99 game for it, let me know.

NIN90

MNC said:
orMJ5.jpg

Okay. What do I do with this list gaf?
Buy or no buy?

Do I remove the hitman pack and just put 1 hitman game in it? I'm torn.

You should definitely DOORGAAN MET WINKELEN

Phloxy said:
Quick question, the gf and I used to love Champions of Norrath and the console Baulders Gate games for some co-op action.

Are the Neverwinter Knights games fun for co-op? Or is it too hard to get into? Yes I know about Titan Quest and Diablo but those games are too old for her to get into.
Its nothing like Champions of Norrath or like the Baldurs Gate games for consoles. If you want something like that I would get Titan Quest Gold.

NIN90

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I wasnt here the day the put Hitman on Sale, but always wanted to play a hitman game.
So which one is the best Hitman game i can buy from the bundle?

Blood Money

Xater said:
I was hoping the last day would bring a good deal on Civ5. Oh well there is always next time.

There was a 33% off deal.
Snatching a retail copy for way cheap and then entering the code in Steam would be the best option tho.

Ledsen

storafötter said:
I am so uncertain if I want to buy Zeno Clash or not. Is there more to it than the artstyle, and fighting? and how long does it take to complete it.

One of the greatest things about it is that it's so short. I'd say about 5 hours, which is the perfect length for this type of game. The art style is amazing and the mechanics are extremely solid. Highly recommended.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Sherlock Holmes Collection bought and totally at peace with Steam and my concience :)

Bii

parasight said:
Can I gift a game to someone who doesn't have a Steam account?

They'll eventually have to get Steam. You can purchase the game (or games) as gifts and have it "sit" there in your account until whoever you want to gift to gets a Steam account.

VALIS

Godamnit, why must they always bundle Napoleon with Empire? I own one but not the other, and the deep discounts always only apply to the package deal.

Xater

NIN90 said:
There was a 33% off deal.
Snatching a retail copy for way cheap and then entering the code in Steam would be the best option tho.

That's why I said good deal. That wasn't a good deal. :D

Bebpo

Banned
Questions for final buy day of non-main sales: I'm getting Elvin Legacy Collection & Tokitori for sure. Already got Civcity: Rome.

-indie future pack? (hacker evolution, hammerfight, system protocol one, twin sector, uplink)
-indie fantasy pack if you already have NyxQuest (Bob came in pieces, faerie solitaire, fortix, spectromancer)
-indie brain pack if you own windosill (big brain wolf, diamond dan, puzzle pots, zen bound 2)
-Any other great indie game for $2.50 or less
-Any other great retail game for $5 or less

Manmedaz

Volcynika said:
For the new page:

I have a Killing Floor bundle I wasn't able to gift, if someone wants to trade a $4.99 game for it, let me know.

Would paypaled cash be ok ? (if so, my steamID = my neogaf nickname)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Nitemare1 said:
Alright NWN you win! :/

Also does anyone know if steam has a recent purchases tab. So I can see just how much I cash I blew over the last two weeks?

Click on your name in the right upper corner.

Lumine

Bah, not the deals I had hoped would return. I'm kinda regretting skipping the Crysis and Assassins Creed 2 deals and not double dipping Mirror's Edge 2. Ah well, my backlog is large enough anyway. :lol

Grotesque looks kind of neat actually. Any impressions on that?

Jirotrom

Lostconfused said:
Ok its time for people to star making the last minute lists. What games they are getting that weren't one of the the daily deals.

Everyday Genius Square logic $1.50

Grand Ages rome game + Exp, DONT GET GOLD ITS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE SEPERATE PURCHASE $5.00

CivCity Rome $0.99

Indie 2D pack $5.00

Broken Sword Directors Cut $2.50

Defense Grid Resurgance Pack 4 $.99

Okay, looks like I'll cave in for NWN2 Platinum and that will be it.

Total damage from Steam:

30 Dec 2010 $5.00 Europa Universalis III: Complete

28 Dec 2010 $4.99 Dirt 2

26 Dec 2010 $4.99 The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

25 Dec 2010 $5.39 King Arthur Pack

20 Dec 2010$7.49 Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

When I get NWN2 that will be $38 for me.. and I really regret getting Stranger's Wrath......

Also, GAF.. Are there any good graphic adventure games on sale on Steam for a good price?

Things like, I don't know, the Runaway games? Or anything else you'd recommend? I haven't played adventure games since Lucasarts days and I miss them.

Petrie

Banned
Lumine said:
Bah, not the deals I had hoped would return. I'm kinda regretting skipping the Crysis and Assassins Creed 2 deals and not double dipping Mirror's Edge 2. Ah well, my backlog is large enough anyway. :lol

Grotesque looks kind of neat actually. Any impressions on that?

Apparently no one has played it. lol

*edit*

How much content do the defense grid packs add?

LQX

Is Amnesia still discounted in the UK? Might have to break out the credit card if it is as my paypal account is cleaned out.

FEAR complete
OddBox
Arma 2
Dragon Age Ultimate
Super Meat Boy
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Dawn of Discovery

total= $106.19

Didn't go crazy this sale like I did last year but I guess when you have 150+ steam games there isn't much more you want. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom