• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Well, didn't fare too badly this year.

Bought the Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle, Dragon Age Ultimate and CivIV Complete. Gifted out Machinarium and was gifted Winterbottom and Samorost2. Thanks GAF!

I actually managed to survive the Christmas sale buying only things that I am going to play and play soon. Phew!

jediyoshi

Bebpo said:
Questions for final buy day of non-main sales: I'm getting Elvin Legacy Collection & Tokitori for sure. Already got Civcity: Rome.

-indie future pack? (hacker evolution, hammerfight, system protocol one, twin sector, uplink)
-indie fantasy pack if you already have NyxQuest (Bob came in pieces, faerie solitaire, fortix, spectromancer)
-indie brain pack if you own windosill (big brain wolf, diamond dan, puzzle pots, zen bound 2)
-Any other great indie game for $2.50 or less
-Any other great retail game for $5 or less

Should look into the indie flight pack. Worth it for everyday shooter and flotilla alone.

And thats that!
Here is my total:

Steam Holiday Sale

1st day: 9,07
-The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom: 0,39
-Deus Ex Pack: 2,69
-Titan Quest Gold: 2,49
-Super Meat Boy: 3,50

2nd day: 9,1
-Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: 5,10
-The Witcher: 4

3rd Day: 2,89
-Bully Schollarship edition: 2,50 (Gift)
-The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom: 0,39 (Gift)

5th Day: 3
-Overlord Complete Pack: 3

6th Day: 12
-Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY: 7,50
-Tropico 3 - Steam Special Edition: 4,50

8th Day: 2,49
-Mirror's Edge: 2,49

9th Day: 4,99
-Crysis Complete Pack: 4,99

10th Day: 5,10
-Dead Space: 5,10

11th day: 2,49
-Sid Meiers Railroads!: 2,49

13th Day: 3,98
-Mafia II DLC Joe's Adventures: 1,99
-Mafia II DLC Jimmy's Vendetta: 1,99

14th Day: 7,47
-Hitman: Blood Money: 2,49
-Grand Ages: Rome: 1,99
-Grand Ages: Rome - Reign of Augustus: 2,99

GRAND TOTAL: 62,58 euros

Not that bad for more than 20 games and 2 gifts. I got even some great gifts from LovingSteam and Toma (you guys are great).

Volcynika

AndyMoogle said:
Has The Last Remnant ever been lower than what it is now? Feels like it's a game that won't ever be any lower than €14.99.

It's been $10 USD before, a midweek madness earlier this year.

Manmedaz

Volcynika said:
I don't use PayPal, sorry! D: (Also forgot it was $6.99 for the bundle, so I've since edited my post)

It's 4.5 € here, I would have buy it to you otherwise, just so that you aren't stuck with it.

edit: wrong, it's 6.06 € for the full pack. Well, if you have something you want for the same price (7$/ 6€), why not then. Seem kinda complicated though x).

Just saw that too :
2lwufyu.png

:lol

NIN90

Volcynika said:
And the bundle with all the DLC is $6.99, which is what I have. So NYAHHHHHHHHHH.

Well, then you should make that clear in your post. The way it is written right now makes it seem that someone jumped off a KF 4 pack.

Volcynika

NIN90 said:
Well, then you should make that clear in your post. The way it is written right now makes it seem that someone jumped off a KF 4 pack.

Well it says bundle on the store page itself! I'm right! Etc. But I'll edit my post since people don't read the store page. :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Btw, the Shadowgrounds titles look really interesting. Shadowgrounds + Survivor + Trine for 5 bucks in the Frozenbyte pack.

deleted

Total Damage:

Crysis Bundle
Battlefield BC2
Amnesia
Bully
Darksiders
King Arthur
Mass Effect 2
PoP 2008
Stalker Bundle
Burnout Paradise
Far Cry 2
Machinarium
Zeno Clash
Strangers Wrath
Greed Corp
Iron Grip
Plants vs Zombies
VVVVVV

got Kings Bounty gifted

and gifted several Copys of:
Iron Grip
HL2:Deathmatch
P.B. Winterbottom

I will not count what I payed for this and will only maybe add Dead Space and Grotesque (Depends on Impressions)

Dascu

Crysis pack (5)
Darksiders (7.50)
Mafia II (10)
Mass Effect 2 (15)
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom (.50)
Oddboxx (12.50)
Overlord (gifted)
STALKER pack (5)
Shatter (2)
Super Meat Boy (3.50)
Swords&Soldiers HD (2.50)
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (15*)
VVVVVV (gifted - thanks Snuggler!)

Total: 78.50 euro for 18 games.

Didn't expect to spend this much. Regardless, for the price of about two new games, I now have a backlog that can last me for half a year.

* Gift/trade Singularity with Volcynika.

Bebpo said:
Questions for final buy day of non-main sales: I'm getting Elvin Legacy Collection & Tokitori for sure. Already got Civcity: Rome.

-indie future pack? (hacker evolution, hammerfight, system protocol one, twin sector, uplink)
-indie fantasy pack if you already have NyxQuest (Bob came in pieces, faerie solitaire, fortix, spectromancer)
-indie brain pack if you own windosill (big brain wolf, diamond dan, puzzle pots, zen bound 2)
-Any other great indie game for $2.50 or less
-Any other great retail game for $5 or less
I'd also like to know the bolded (I'm hoping the answer is no as my indie basket is so far 6 of the packs excluding that one).

As for the last point. You might like Yosumin (yeah, I hate it too when you know what a poster is going to say) at $4.99 or Everyday Genius: SquareLogic for a lot less (then again you also might not like those kinds of games)

Rufus

leroy hacker said:
Has anyone played Grotesque Tactics?
I did recently. It's OK. I played the German version, so I don't know what the writing is like in English, but I noticed some suspect lines. There's only German voice acting, but it's competent enough, with the exception of one particular character it isn't annoying either. The humour wasn't exactly to my taste, but they do comment (or quip, rather) on a lot of RPG conventions, sometimes subtly, at other times it might make you groan. The game itself is rather shallow (2 special abilities per character, weak loot, no character development) and there aren't many environments, but it's a short (7-10 hour?) game, so it pretty much ends the moment you've 'unlocked' all the options anyway. Technically, it feels pretty janky and loose. Some minor bugs, camera spaz outs and most of all crashes in certain areas mar the experience. It auto-saves regularly (and really quickly) so you shouldn't lose any progress to the latter, but it's annoying still. My biggest issue were the graphics and the art. It just looks ugly to me. All of that being said, it's a pretty unique game. With more polish and better jokes/writing it could have been great, but as it stands it's a janky satire sRPG with a limited scope.

IMACOMPUTA

I was a good little boy this christmas -
steam%20haul.PNG

TOTAL = $72.45

BFBC2 : NAM was a planned purchase though.

A lot less than i spent last year, that's for sure!

Sgt.Pepper said:
Isn't that with all the DLC?

Seems to be false advertising- if you click through it states that the stand-alone game is $5 and the bundle is $7. Clicking "Add to Cart" on the screen you posted also only adds the stand-alone game. Weird.

MNC

SteelAttack said:
I've seen people in this thread opting for buying only Blood Money, which is the most recent of the three. Everything else in there is just perfect. If you've never played PvZ before, it's going to eat your soul.
I have played PvZ before but I don't have it on steam :lol This will make things so much worse! :(

LyR

Banned
Can you buy the GTA4 Complete edition even though you already own GTA4 ?!

it's kinda irritating, you can only purchase it as a gift again but in the shopping-cart menu you can choose "purchase for myself" ... so what happens if I buy it again, will the DLC work ?!

Jirotrom

Lumine said:
Nope, I loved the original though so I would like to know as well. I might actually get that triple pack while I'm at it.
I have the other 2 so it is odd that I dont have the first one :lol Might as well bite

BuddhaRockstar said:
Seems to be false advertising- if you click through it states that the stand-alone game is $5 and the bundle is $7. Clicking "Add to Cart" on the screen you posted also only adds the stand-alone game. Weird.
Not sure about the DLC, but the game still appears for $3.75 for me. Maybe because I already own it?

Darktails

I bought:

Mafia 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Super Meat Boy
Guardian of Light
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Mirror's Edge
Crysis Pack
Hitman: Blood Money
Stalker Pack
Company of Heroes
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
Far Cry 2: Fortune Edition
Shatter
Alpha Protocol
Burnout Paradise

--- about 61€ / $81 ------

I'm very happy with my purchases but I wish I'd bought Just Cause 2 and PoP: Forgotten sands.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I accidentally sent Steam gifts to an email address that doesn't exist. Now what? =(

Manmedaz

Dascu said:
Steam Premium account.

Oh, never heard about it, and even googling it I have a hard time finding valuable info. Could you gift the game at that price ? Also, what does it take to get a premium account/ what are the benefits of it ?

Back on topic, what is the consensus on Neverwinter Night 2 Plat. ?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Manmedaz said:
Oh, never heard about it, and even googling it I have a hard time finding valuable info. Could you gift the game at that price ? Also, what does it take to get a premium account/ what are the benefits of it ?

Back on topic, what is the consensus on Neverwinter Night 2 Plat. ?

He was fooling you. Hard.

He probably got it gifted by someone else and gifted a game worth 15€ back, which is approximately 20$, which makes the price for Bloodlines in the US.

Case Closed.

Dacvak said:
I accidentally sent Steam gifts to an email address that doesn't exist. Now what? =(
Steam Support said:
I sent a Steam gift to a friend, but that person never received it. What now?
You can resend gifts in case your friend's email gift message was lost. If you are resending to a new (or corrected) email address you should be able to resend immediately. If you are attempting to resend it to the same email address the Steam system requires that you wait 24 hours to prevent the spamming of users. When you resend a gift the previously generated email will become invalid and the “accept” link within it will no longer work. Your friend must use the latest version of the email when accepting the gift.

I told myself I won't purchase anything today cause it's just repeat. I was wrong. Grand Ages + Expansion up in this bitch!!

Also, I had a weird dream that Warhawk went up on sale in Steam (weird, I know) for $2.50 (WEIRD, I KNOW!).

Oh and I also had a dream that I became a mod here. SUPER WEIRD!

Toma said:
Btw, the Shadowgrounds titles look really interesting. Shadowgrounds + Survivor + Trine for 5 bucks in the Frozenbyte pack.
What's weird is the games are 75% off each and the Frozenbyte pack is 80% off, but just the Shadowgrounds pack is still full price. I already have Trine so that puts me in a weird place. I have a totally irrational thing against buying a pack that contains games I already own.

Owzers

giving a second thought to:

NWN 2
Indie Flight Pack
Elven Legacy

NWN2 will probably be on sale for $5 by the time i play it :lol

Baha

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition
Killing Floor - "London's Finest" DLC Character pack
Dead Rising 2
Torchlight
Mount and Blade: Warband
RUSH
The Ball
Hitman Collection
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle
C&C: Red Alert 3
Unreal Deal Pack
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Armed & Dangerous
= $94.64

And I'm spent.
/lights a cig

Lumine

x3sphere said:
Ion Assault is a must buy IMO. Best $2.50 I've spent on Steam. I didn't enjoy Swarm Arena at all, check out the demo before buying.

Thanks, however the deal is gone by now. I might pick it up next time it's on sale. And I agree with Swarm Arena. I tried the demo, but didn't like it much.

Toma

Toma said:
He was fooling you. Hard.

He probably got it gifted by someone else and gifted a game worth 15€ back, which is approximately 20$, which makes the price for Bloodlines in the US.

Case Closed.

To top it off, my guess is that Gaffer was Volcynika.

Today, I decided to buy some things that were on my list, including two more of the Indie Packs (Fantasy, Kids). I also decided to get CivCity Rome due to the low price and the good things said about it in this thread. I wanted Hacker Evolution, but it seems like the rest of the things in the Future Pack were not worth my time, so I decided to wait for another bundle in the future. Now for the total damages...

Day 1(12/20/10):
Deus Ex Collection ($2.99)
Indie 2D Pack ($4.99)
[Super Laser Racer, Geometry Wars, VVVVVV, Bullet Candy, Galcon Fusion]
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom ($0.49)
Super Meat Boy ($3.75)

Day 5 (12/24/10):
King Arthur Complete Pack ($5.39)
Overlord Complete Pack ($3.00)
Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse ($9.99)
Shattered Union ($0.49)

Day 6 (12/25/10):
X Superbox ($13.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files ($3.00)

Day 13 (1/1/11):
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! ($2.50)
Broken Sword: Director's Cut ($2.49)
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack ($2.49)
Tropico Reloaded ($1.74)
Zeno Clash ($3.75)

Day 14 (1/2/11):
CivCity Rome ($0.99)
Indie Fantasy Pack ($4.99)
[Nyxquest, Faerie Solitaire, Spectromancer, Bob Came in Pieces, Fortix]
Indie Kids Pack ($4.99)
[Max & the Magic Marker, Crayon Physics, Toki Tori, Delve Deeper, Secret of the Magic Crystals]
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold ($4.99)

Total damages: $76.51

A bit more than what I was expecting to spend, but still reasonable. Also, my final "things to consider in the future" list (In other words, better luck next sale!):
Wallace and Gromit
Back to the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom