• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crimson Blur said:
ah cha cha

nah i got sincerely salty

but your boys got trolled haard

lets be real here

the proof is there

they are all so so mad
But nobody is mad except you. And Dwyane Wade. Literally. And it's mind boggling because you really have no reason to be. If you did have a plan it backfired harder than Donnies.

Gigglepoo

The Crimson Blur said:
ah cha cha

nah i got sincerely salty

but your boys got trolled haard

lets be real here

the proof is there

they are all so so mad

Why are your posts written in such a choppy way? It's really hard to read them.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
dream said:
heat-record.png

You gotta admit...that's kinda funny.

Haha that is funny but what will be even more funny is in the playoffs they rape faces

dream

ph33nix said:
Oh, they were supposed to have it easy? Even though all season they've been talking about how they have a lot of work to do and how they need to catch up in order to win a championship? Like I said, all that stuff was created by you idiots. What are you gonna do, bring up a press conference quote? not 1, 2, 3, 4?

I would much rather have a team that has high expectations and is upset when they're not met. Sue me.

Serious question - what improvements have the Heat made since losing to Boston on opening night?

Gigglepoo

ph33nix said:
Oh, they were supposed to have it easy? Even though all season they've been talking about how they have a lot of work to do and how they need to catch up in order to win a championship? Like I said, all that stuff was created by you idiots. What are you gonna do, bring up a press conference quote? not 1, 2, 3, 4?

I would much rather have a team that has high expectations and is upset when they're not met. Sue me.

LeBron said they were going to win seven championships when he joined the team. We didn't create inflated expectations; they did.

Omiee

i dont know if we have some people here who can make awesome gifs, but is it possible to have kobe popping out on my avatar in stead of what i have now lol.

Knicks lineup:

Shelden Williams
Shawne Williams
Roger Mason Jr.
Carmelo Anthony
Anthony Carter

SO BAD...

Amazing, nice flop by Damien Wilkins. He made his daddy sad there...

Gigglepoo said:
Why are your posts written in such a choppy way? It's really hard to read them.

Yeah, I think I have been overusing that a bit too much recently. Its just so much faster to type that way.

Ninja Scooter said:
But nobody is mad except you. And Dwyane Wade. Literally. And it's mind boggling because you really have no reason to be. If you did have a plan it backfired harder than Donnies.

Mhm.

With mama gone you should have protected the underlings more.

I'm putting this L on you.

giri

The Frankman said:
I can't believe Anthony just got poked in the eye and still can't get a foul call.

amazing.

Get used to it, some refs really do ignore him getting hacked at times. I presume he f'd all of their daughters or something.

Gigglepoo

Omiee said:
i dont know if we have some people here who can make awesome gifs, but is it possible to have kobe popping out on my avatar in stead of what i have now lol.

You do realize what kind of jokes will be made if Kobe is popping up unexpectedly behind someone, right?

Can it get a Carmelo getting eye poked and collapsing/Kobe shooting in COD splice? because Carmelo went down like he got shot.

Amar'e is such a clown, dude gave Carmelo once of his backup goggles after and Carmelo was like no way.

dream said:
Serious question - what improvements have the Heat made since losing to Boston on opening night?

They've improved in making you want to keep talking about them

seriously dude just stop. it's so easy to sit here and do this when a team is in a slump. why don't you ask me when they're winning and not looking terrible?

giri

Gigglepoo said:
You do realize what kind of jokes will be made if Kobe is popping up unexpectedly behind someone, right?
Should have bosh's head on the guy in front, and wade on the head behind.

The Stealth Fox

Gigglepoo said:
LeBron said they were going to win seven championships when he joined the team. We didn't create inflated expectations; they did.

I thought the "Not one... not two... not three... not four..." quote meant that they weren't going to win any championships.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Doris Burke has the most annoying voice ever. Ugggghh. Every "S" is a "Sh" sound with her.

dream

ph33nix said:
They've improved in making you want to keep talking about them

In other words, the Heat are still the same broken team they were back in October and have made no efforts to improve in any way.

As a fan, how are you cool with that?

The Crimson Blur said:
Yeah, I think I have been overusing that a bit too much recently. Its just so much faster to type that way.

Mhm.

With mama gone you should have protected the underlings more.

I'm putting this L on you.

Lakers-age can't be held responsible for D-Fenders-age

Omiee

good night guys, have to be up in the mourning ill catch the other games tomorrow.

has been an amazing day though, miami losing lakers winning by a big margin and some amazing gifts.

I'm looking at the Knicks... when Carmelo gets in foul trouble it really doesn't faze Amar'e. He just goes back to being the main guy like he was most of the year, and the offense still flows. It's obvious you can't say the same about Carmelo yet...

EDIT: no comment on that no-call...

EDIT 2: ahahahaahha D'Antoni after the TO just talked straight to the ref and is blasting him. :D

dream said:
In other words, the Heat are still the same broken team they were back in October and have made no efforts to improve in any way.

If you really think the team hasn't improved at all, and you really want me to list reasons, I'm done discussing with you. I'm convinced you're skewed and it's not even really funny if you're trying to troll. Go ahead and call me out on not listing anything. I don't care.

Owzers

dream said:

The problem is, imo, after Lebron styled on the Cavs everyone declared the "team meeting" had worked and the Heat's problems are solved. Their huge win streak on mostly the worst teams in the nba further confirmed that because of course " a win's a win, don't hate", so all the time they should have been working on how to beat the best teams in the nba, they got complacent and fed off the worst. The fact that they are still saying " we need some time to come together" at the end of the season, while playing the same way almost every game, is just crazy.

The Crimson Blur said:
So I've kept ABC on this entire time and I just realized America's Home Videos is still on air. Shit who watches that show?

And its an hour long too? Whaaaat? Just noticed that.

Primetime? On the weekend?

What the fuck?

Popovich: "(Bynum's) length is superior. So is Pau (Gasol). Together they are a heck of a defensive tandem. They do a great job."

Pop 2: "That is why they are NBA Champions the last two years ... I guess Kobe (Bryant) has something to do with it too."

Seriously, come coach over here next year, Pop. You'll love LA, I promise.

ph33nix said:
If you really think the team hasn't improved at all, and you really want me to list reasons, I'm done discussing with you. I'm convinced you're skewed and it's not even really funny if you're trying to troll. Go ahead and call me out on not listing anything. I don't care.

historically speaking, offensive numbers improve as the season goes on. What I'm seeing is that they're struggling to score against good teams more and more while their D is giving up more (which is to be expected). That's not really improving as a team.

And visually, I'm not seeing it so much, either. The turnovers are still rampant against good Ds and the number of long 2s continue. If anything, I see teams figure out how to play em more and more.

Tom Penny

ph33nix said:

I can't tell if your serious at this point. The only time they go on win streaks is against garbage teams. Then they play good teams and lose. 10-17 against +.500 teams. Face it. If Stern makes the call they have a chance. Other than that forget about it.

Smokey said:
I haven't seen somebody as mad as Crimson in a long time.

That's saying something in this thread.

Its so liberating man. I've been waiting for it all season.

This is gonna pump me up for the rest of the season. Gives me that fear. Makes me feel vulnerable. Makes these remaining games feel important (even though they aren't)

Cause shit even I was taking this championship for granted a few days ago. I'm happy the competition is so high. Whoever wins the ring this year will have to go through some tough, tough teams.

dream

ph33nix said:

I'm not even trolling about the Heat; I really don't see any improvement or growth from them. You get all the usual lip service from them but the only thing I've ever heard them change was Spoestra letting them do whatever they want if they get a stop.

Other than that it's just iso after iso after iso and one 90 foot alley oop.

I get that you're all happy about having a team built to beat the Pacers and the Cavs but how can you say the team has improved when this stares you in the face?:

heat-record.png

As a Heat fan, I'd feel as mislead as Dwayne Wade probably does right now.

Oh my Landry Fields...

I still don't feel good at all about this game. Hawks are not playing their game and Carmelo is venturing into mindfucked territory on the bench. He needs to start pulling up on drives or just post up.

Wait, so people are now telling me how to feel about my team.

I don't need any help. I'm okay guys. I'm not going to go ape shit like Crimson.

dream

ph33nix said:
Wait, so people are now telling me how to feel about my team.

I don't need any help. I'm okay guys. I'm not going to go ape shit like Crimson.

See, I'm not even trying to fuck with you. I'm genuinely wondering if you think the Heat have improved as a team since the start of the season.

As Frankman knows, I love watching the Knicks play good teams! But I also realize they've had this starting lineup for a minute and they need time to get it together. The Heat have had 3/4 of a season and they're still hopeless.

I guess it took 55 games, but D'Antoni is now playing a zone. Fucking finally.
dream said:
See, I'm not even trying to fuck with you. I'm genuinely wondering if you think the Heat have improved as a team since the start of the season.

As Frankman knows, I love watching the Knicks play good teams! But I also realize they've had this starting lineup for a minute and they need time to get it together. The Heat have had 3/4 of a season and they're still hopeless.
This. Clippers Fan dream is telling the truth on this. Also if Heat-GAF didn't crown themselves champs maybe the Heat would get some sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom