• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

The Frankman said:
I guess it took 55 games, but D'Antoni is now playing a zone. Fucking finally.
The funny part is watching Amare try to play the 5 in a zone.

It's genuinely like watching the dance recital at a "special" school.

Darkman M

SamuraiX- said:
thatsthejoke.jpg

29d71g9.png

sorry, i always think you are tyreke, wasn't sure you would get it.

ph33nix another reason the Heat gets so much shit is because Lebron and Co. formed the superfriends to win multiple championships "NOW". Not through a gradual building process.

Lebron basically gave the middle finger to Cleveland, New York, and Chicago. He passed on them because he supposedly didn't see it possible to win a championship in those cities in the near future.

Not only is Lebron in a worse place now than he was last year with the Cavs, but he's also being exposed that maybe he was part of the problem for the Cavs not getting over the hump. You can't say Lebron doesn't have any help anymore.

As for Bosh and Wade, everyone gives them shit too because they were involved in the ultimate tampering scheme in free agency and cock-teased a bunch of teams knowing full well what they were going to do in the end.

Furthermore, the Boston Celtics proved in '08 that it's possible to assemble big name players and hit the ground running if the pieces and chemistry are right. So it's not just a "needing time to gel" issue. There could be something fundamentally wrong with the Heat, especially since they're incapable of beating top tier teams and there''s only one month left in the regular season.

The Stealth Fox

Hey guyz I finally found out what this quote meant.

LeBron James said:
“not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six titles”

MIAMI, WELCOME TO ANOTHER DECADE OF IRRELEVANCE.

PURPLE DRANK! SIZE MATTER BUT IT'S THE THICKNESS AND THE WIDTH THAT COUNTS! A DOUBLE RAINBOW! A DOUBLE RAINBOW!

SamuraiX-

Why did Brevin Knight just call Luol Deng the 2nd option on offense for the Bulls?

And when he mentioned acquisitions for Chicago over the summer, he only talked about Korver and Brewer.

Some personal vendetta against Booz?

dream

I can't prove it but I consider Deng to be more consistent than Boozer.

Plus, he plays D. Even if his ppg is lower, it's probably a good tradeoff.

Besides, Boozer probably fucked his wife.

ph33nix said:
Oh, they were supposed to have it easy? Even though all season they've been talking about how they have a lot of work to do and how they need to catch up in order to win a championship?

lol @ revisionist fantasy world. This is the same gang that had their championship rally before they ever played a game together and complained about practicing hard because it was no fun? Those guys?

Like I said, all that stuff was created by you idiots.

Okay, you got that part right though. Flo Rida is my day job.

Once more, with feeling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lMXXaUaIo

SamuraiX-

dream said:
I can't prove it but I consider Deng to be more consistent than Boozer.

Plus, he plays D. Even if his ppg is lower, it's probably a good tradeoff.

Only this season.

He was one of the most inconsistent players in the league after he got his contract up until this season.

thekad

Banned
Smokey said:
I haven't seen somebody as mad as Crimson in a long time.

That's saying something in this thread.

I'd be mad too if my team got blown out by a squad that got shit on by the Cavs.

SamuraiX- said:
Why did Brevin Knight just call Luol Deng the 2nd option on offense for the Bulls?

And when he mentioned acquisitions for Chicago over the summer, he only talked about Korver and Brewer.

Some personal vendetta against Booz?

WHAT THE FUCK, BREVIN KNIGHT STILL EXISTS?!? That guy was the worst basketball player in recent Jazz history. I guess he and Boozer had some run-ins in Utah (And Boozer isn't very good)

The Chosen One said:
ph33nix another reason the Heat gets so much shit is because Lebron and Co. formed the superfriends to win multiple championships "NOW". Not through a gradual building process.

Lebron basically gave the middle finger to Cleveland, New York, and Chicago. He passed on them because he supposedly didn't see it possible to win a championship in those cities in the near future.

Not only is Lebron in a worse place now than he was last year with the Cavs, but he's also being exposed that maybe he was part of the problem for the Cavs not getting over the hump. You can't say Lebron doesn't have any help anymore.

As for Bosh and Wade, everyone gives them shit too because they were involved in the ultimate tampering scheme in free agency and cock-teased a bunch of teams knowing full well what they were going to do in the end.

Furthermore, the Boston Celtics proved in '08 that it's possible to assemble big name players and hit the ground running if the pieces and chemistry are right. So it's not just a "needing time to gel" issue. There could be something fundamentally wrong with the Heat, especially since they're incapable of beating top tier teams and there''s only one month left in the regular season.

I hear what you're saying. I'm just trying to say some of the lengths people go just to find criticism is ridiculous and hilarious.

As for the basketball part, it's pretty simple dude: the role players are sucking major cock. If Mike Miller hits those open threes (and I mean they were fucking OPEN) then I would wager that we win the game. And you can damn well say that about the other close game we have recently lost. LeBron's been a joke in the clutch this year but we aren't in that position if our major role players play poorly.

I said before the season started that our next best 2 players were Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem and if they didn't contribute the way they were supposed to, we wouldn't beat elite teams. And yeah, that's been pretty true.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I love trash talking.. but flatout just trying to troll and being a dick about it has to stop..

You don't buy that it's hard to get Miller in rhythm and in the flow with all the ballhogging going around???

And why the fuck isn't James Jones getting more playing time???

Blackace

The Chosen One said:

How is not signing with NY and Chi giving them the middle finger?

Also LBJ on Chi town would have been ill..

Blackace

The Frankman said:
Wade in Chitown would've been ill.

I think LBJ would have been a better fit.. Rose working without the ball would be good for him too..

giri

Blackace said:
I love trash talking.. but flatout just trying to troll and being a dick about it has to stop..
I just wanna say i agree. I'm as much a fan of bashing LBJ, Bosh, and the heat in general. But every loss (and there's quite a few) doesn't need 6 pages of mainly non-heat fans spewing old gifs and such.

Pkaz01

Wow the suns have been playing well all road trip (except the boston game). Really surprised at this start so far. Even Carter is contributing.

Blackace

The Stealth Fox said:
Now there's no one to be the recipient of my David Robinson comments.

Time to switch to Pau Baker mode.

Chris Bosh is Vin Baker with less post game :(

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You don't buy that it's hard to get Miller in rhythm and in the flow with all the ballhogging going around???

And why the fuck isn't James Jones getting more playing time???

His job is to stand in a spot and shoot the ball when the defense collapse. Did you see the shots he put up today? Holy shit, I have the slowest jumper in the history of the game and even I could have gotten that off. They were the widest open shots you could possible get in an NBA game. Before the year there was all this talk about him shooting a high percentage already and that he'd be putting up Steve Kerr-esque performances this year. I admit I bought into this. He's getting the opportunities but he's not seizing them.

And if he really was the dude crying I feel bad for him. I know he's trying really fucking hard to make this work. You can tell by his play style and his mannerisms, and this actually is a fault in his game, is that he KNOWS he's a role player (but needs to stop playing like one all the time) He's pretty much Wade/Bosh/James's bitch out there. Knowing that he failed them again today probably broke him loose cause he's come on 790 and talked about being frustrated but trying to work through it.

ph33nix said:
As for the basketball part, it's pretty simple dude: the role players are sucking major cock. If Mike Miller hits those open threes (and I mean they were fucking OPEN) then I would wager that we win the game. And you can damn well say that about the other close game we have recently lost. LeBron's been a joke in the clutch this year but we aren't in that position if our major role players play poorly.

I said before the season started that our next best 2 players were Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem and if they didn't contribute the way they were supposed to, we wouldn't beat elite teams. And yeah, that's been pretty true.

You'd have a point of a bunch players on the Bulls had career nights, but they had a very mediocre night on offense with no real standouts aside from Rose. Deng was solid but Boozer was mostly garbage. You'd think Wade, Lebron, and Bosh would be enough against Rose...

Also while Mike Miller spent another night laying eggs for his ever growing hatchery, Chalmers basically filled his role by hitting the big three and scoring the Heat's last 5 points at the end. So a role player actually did step up.

Chris Paul got stretched out of the court? anyone got details?

edit: @PDcavsinsider: They're bringing out the stretcher for Chris Paul. Looks like his head bounced off the floor on replays? Not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom