• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

Forceatowulf said:
wtf is this "You can't be a fan of other teams unless you're born their" bullshit. I was born and raised in LA and I've met plenty of legit Lakers fans since I've lived in Michigan for a few years now.

There are definitely a lot of bandwagoners from different states and cities, don't get me wrong, but the notion that they are automatically bandwagoners because they live somewhere else is absurd.

A bandwagon fan is someone who roots for a team because they're good. There's a preponderance of Laker fans around the country because the team has been consistently good for six decades.

Forceatowulf said:
wtf is this "You can't be a fan of other teams unless you're born their" bullshit.

I don't think anyone has ever said that.

Trust me, if you are a fan of the Wolves and live in Miami I ain't mad at you playa

Forceatowulf said:
There are definitely a lot of bandwagoners from different states and cities, don't get me wrong, but the notion that they are automatically bandwagoners because they live somewhere else is absurd.

No they are bandwagoners until they prove otherwise if they are Laker fans. I need to see that they actually give a damn about the team, and know what they are talking about before I call them a real fan.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Baahahahaha, Heat lost again. Did anyone see the conference?

*Guys were crying? Seriously?
*The world wanted the Heat to lose?

Hey Miami, here's a fucking idea: quit being little cocksucking pussies and acknowledge the fact that you went up against credible teams that had the ability to defeat you. Whoever compared the Heat to a bunch of silverspoon-fed self-entitled brats was right. Man the fuck up, you assholes.

AlphaSnake

The Chosen One said:
Knicks playing a home game.

This is hilarious. The Knicks must be the only team in the NBA that fill-up 1/3 of every away arena they play in. LMAO

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
AlphaSnake said:
This is hilarious. The Knicks must be the only team in the NBA that fill-up 1/3 of every away arena they play in. LMAO

Boston, Chicago, and Laker fans all travel pretty well.

Jarlaxle

If Memphis loses to Dallas tonight and we take care of business in OKC, we take over the 8th spot. Playoffs here we come. Release the Gortat.

Darkman M

Jarlaxle said:
If Memphis loses to Dallas tonight and we take care of business in OKC, we take over the 8th spot. Playoffs here we come. Release the Gortat.

Looking forward to you guys sweeping the Spurs again.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Crimson Blur said:
No they are bandwagoners until they prove otherwise if they are Laker fans. I need to see that they actually give a damn about the team, and know what they are talking about before I call them a real fan.

and if Crimson Blur doesnt call you a real fan... why should anyone care?

The Crimson Blur said:

Trust me, if you are a fan of the Wolves and live in Miami I ain't mad at you playa

no one bandwagons regular season titles like you TCB. <3

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
The San Antonio Spurs are the best team in the league, with a historic record.

Their entire arena was filled with Laker fans tonight.

Thats what bothers us.

I don't care if some no name like omiee is a bandwagoner. Hes harmless. Hes in Holland.

yet i im going to the next lakers spurs game and you arent

Gigglepoo said:
A bandwagon fan is someone who roots for a team because they're good. There's a preponderance of Laker fans around the country because the team has been consistently good for six decades.

i cant remember the lakers being that good during the 04 season and 05 when i started watching their games.

NomarTyme said:
DAT ATLANTA FAN BASE!
Knicks have always had a lot of fans in Atlanta dating back since the Houston/Sprewell 1999 days. Hell check clips when Nate exploded on Atlanta and the NY chants were epic.

dream

ph33nix said:
A lot of people really like using the internet to take out life's frustrations, don't they?

heat-record.png

You gotta admit...that's kinda funny.

AlphaSnake said:
Baahahahaha, Heat lost again. Did anyone see the conference?

*Guys were crying? Seriously?
*The world wanted the Heat to lose?

Hey Miami, here's a fucking idea: quit being little cocksucking pussies and acknowledge the fact that you went up against credible teams that had the ability to defeat you. Whoever compared the Heat to a bunch of silverspoon-fed self-entitled brats was right. Man the fuck up, you assholes.

I think it's pretty obvious Wade is not comfortable being a "villain". He often makes hyperbolic remarks about the negative attention they've received.

Wade is definitely becoming mentally weak this season.

NomarTyme

Jarlaxle said:
Damn, I wish ESPN show this game instead of NY/ATL.

The Frankman said:
Knicks have always had a lot of fans in Atlanta dating back since the Houston/Sprewell 1999 days. Hell check clips when Nate exploded on Atlanta and the NY chants were epic.
Pass.

Celsior

AlphaSnake said:
Their are displaced NYers all over the US, reason why the Yanks always have a shit ton of fans at away games.
NomarTyme said:
Damn, I wish ESPN show this game instead of NY/ATL.
Nope, I get to watch the Knicks in HD, fuck you Dolan

Gigglepoo

The Stealth Fox said:
TCB isn't a bandwagon fan. He went through the David Robinson era. That is a true test of patience.

San Antonio Spurs -- 12 consecutive 50-win seasons, 21 straight boring teams.

The Crimson Blur said:

Yo!

Shut the FUCK UP already.

Yo I'm gonna go a little out of character and say I am fucking loving having Stealth Fox back.

This whole "bad teammate" schtick where he backs me up but by making a backhanded remark is fucking hilarious.

I'm cracking up over here <3

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Jarlaxle said:
Word. Go Suns. Let's get it. Operation Don't Give David Kahn More Picks in effect.

RJNavarrete said:
Yo!

Shut the FUCK UP already.

:D

This is how I know its working.

Takes a lot of skill to get blown out by over 30 and still troll the shit out of Lakers-age.

ty ladies and gentlemen

take notes

Omiee said:
i cant remember the lakers being that good during the 04 season and 05 when i started watching their games.

ahahahahaha

oh

ahaha

Gigglepoo

Omiee said:
I cant remember the lakers being that good during the 04 season and 05 when i started watching their games.

First of all, I never said they were the best team in the league every year. They've been consistently good for 6 straight decades, though. That '04 team was a year removed from being in the Finals and had the best basketball player in the universe on it.

Are those your examples of lean years?

dream said:
heat-record.png

You gotta admit...that's kinda funny.

It's only funny because "funny" was created by people like you who don't like anything about the team and is willing to go to insane lengths to throw criticism at them.

For everybody else that actually cares more about what's on the court than off, they are not a good 4th quarter team right now and that's that.

Darkman M

The Crimson Blur said:
:D

This is how I know its working.

Takes a lot of skill to get blown out by over 30 and still troll the shit out of Lakers-age.

ty ladies and gentlemen

take notes

ahahahahaha

oh

ahaha

You aren't fooling anyone, you are so pissed you don't know what to do.

giri

The Stealth Fox said:
TCB isn't a bandwagon fan. He went through the David Robinson era. That is a true test of patience.
I like Junior Fox, he's got a point to prove lately, making up for lost time.

dream

ph33nix said:
It's only funny because "funny" was created by people like you who don't like anything about the team and is willing to go to insane lengths to throw criticism at them.

It's funny because they're a superteam that was supposed to have an easy championship season before we found out they're working on a different timeline.

For everybody else that actually cares more about what's on the court than off, they are not a good team right now and that's that.

Fixed.

LMFAO. Bynum just sheen'd y'alls asses.

http://twitter.com/#!/AndrewBynum/status/44546094834782208

You guys like what you seen tonight? We can play even better! #WINNING

:LOL

AlphaSnake

The Chosen One said:
I still wonder how they did that Steve Nash commercial. That's the most convincing one.

I've always wondered, how do they do these commercials?

Gigglepoo

ph33nix said:
For everybody else that actually cares more about what's on the court than off, they are not a good 4th quarter team right now and that's that.

It seems as though the vast majority of Heat bashers really care about what happens on the court. Watching the game is the only way people get fuel to toss on their fire of hatred. Statistics are important, but it's so much more telling watching this team bumble through late-game possessions.

Omiee

RJNavarrete said:
LMFAO. Bynum just sheen'd y'alls asses.

http://twitter.com/#!/AndrewBynum/status/44546094834782208

You guys like what you seen tonight? We can play even better! #WINNING

:LOL

just when i said bynum doesnt tweet that much, haha.

Ninja Scooter said:
I love TCB trying to play off his little lapse of bitchassness from earlier like it was all an act to troll Laker fans.

ah cha cha

nah i got sincerely salty

but your boys got trolled haard

lets be real here

the proof is there

they are all so so mad

dream said:
It's funny because they're a superteam that was supposed to have an easy championship season before we found out they're working on a different timeline.

Oh, they were supposed to have it easy? Even though all season they've been talking about how they have a lot of work to do and how they need to catch up in order to win a championship? Like I said, all that stuff was created by you idiots. What are you gonna do, bring up a press conference quote? not 1, 2, 3, 4?

I would much rather have a team that has high expectations and is upset when they're not met. Sue me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom