• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chosen One said:
You'd have a point of a bunch players on the Bulls had career nights, but they had a very mediocre night on offense with no real standouts aside from Rose. Deng was solid but Boozer was mostly garbage. You'd think Wade, Lebron, and Bosh would be enough against Rose...

Also while Mike Miller spent another night laying eggs for his ever growing hatchery, Chalmers basically filled his role by hitting the big three and scoring the Heat's last 5 points at the end. So a role player actually did step up.

That's true and it's surprising, but I still think if anyone else besides lbj/wade/bosh made buckets earlier and especially during their run, we probably aren't in that position.

Besides---Chicago plays great defense. If you have that you can have a one-man show like Rose and beat elite teams...we were kind of the poor man's version of that last year, I felt, when Jermaine O'Neal was actually not useless during the regular season sometimes

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Frankman said:
A thread with 70% trolling has gotten out of control? I'm stunned...

WHEN THE GRASS IS CUT THE SNAKES WILL SHOW

Melo "Rabbit Punch" Anthony

giri

Blackace said:
How is not signing with NY and Chi giving them the middle finger?

Also LBJ on Chi town would have been ill..
The Frankman said:
Wade in Chitown would've been ill.

After seeing the sporadic nature of the Maimi O, i don't think either would've been that great. With roses improved Jumper, he might be able to come off the ball, making LBJ handling a legit option, but i tihnk they're better off looking for a ray allen, a genuine knock down shooter (not getting JJ Redick was massive).

giri said:
After seeing the sporadic nature of the Maimi O, i don't think either would've been that great. With roses improved Jumper, he might be able to come off the ball, making LBJ handling a legit option, but i tihnk they're better off looking for a ray allen, a genuine knock down shooter (not getting JJ Redick was massive).

I don't think it really matters if either played with Rose. If you're a fast as fuck point guard, you will have your nights no matter what...that's how the league works

besides, rose has shown more creativity...his off the glass game has surprised me

LOL Carmelo ditched the headband. Why do NBA players when they're not playing well suddenly blame it on the headband? I see this so much it's hilarious.

Blackace

numble said:
I don't like how people have started playing "characters" on here to get a rise out of people.

yeah it's old. I love this thread and give a lot of leash on the trash talking, because it's the NBA.. but just being a dick with no other point but to troll isn't cutting it..

The Stealth Fox

I honestly believe that LeBron is one of those players that makes bad players decent, but great players bad.

He needed a humbling earlier on in his career, but in turn got an FO that bent over backwards to him. It ruined him.

That and the HGH.

SamuraiX-

Blackace said:
yeah it's old. I love this thread and give a lot of leash on the trash talking, because it's the NBA.. but just being a dick with no other point but to troll isn't cutting it..

Am I allowed to ask what the ETA on their return is?

The Frankman said:
LOL Carmelo ditched the headband. Why do NBA players when they're not playing well suddenly blame it on the headband? I see this so much it's hilarious.

he's unleashing the dreads (in spirit of course)

Blackace

giri said:

Tom is an old school coach.. LBJ wouldn't have the run on the locker room in chi town..

Also Mia's coach isnt that good.. and the players don't buy into anything he says that is why they look so poor on O

Blackace said:
... maybe you shouldn't give so much...

hawks_nba_refs.JPG

The lack of logical posts/discussion is stark compared to other threads, and I'm even including the NFL thread. There's trolling there, but you get logical team discussion all the time, even in the offseason! You just never really see legit non-troll talk here on a consistent basis...

J2 Cool

Boozer's been playing like shit the last 10 games. Terrible D, and putting up 15/7.5 on 45% shooting. I thought he would be thrilled to get Noah back, and get back to his 20/10 Dec-Jan numbers. He hasn't scored 20 against a meaningful team since early January against Boston.

Also, wtf?
2ngz8k6.jpg

giri

ph33nix said:
I don't think it really matters if either played with Rose. If you're a fast as fuck point guard, you will have your nights no matter what...that's how the league works

besides, rose has shown more creativity...his off the glass game has surprised me

That would be the other problem, Rose (and the bulls) look the best when he's handling. He's really doing (and growing as) a playmaker roll. Getitng either of those guys might've hampered that development, which (with hindsight) would've been bad for the league.

But I still think they'd be better off with that Ray Allen type (who wouldn't) than Wade/LBJ type.

Blackace said:
Tom is an old school coach.. LBJ wouldn't have the run on the locker room in chi town..

Also Mia's coach isnt that good.. and the players don't buy into anything he says that is why they look so poor on O

I guess, thibs would probably break LBJ down mentally. But i can't hold too much against Spo, it genuinely doesn't seem like the players have reached a stage where they're desperate enough to do anything to win yet. People forget, but you still see PP/Allen/ KG dive on the ground for a ball. Bosh...... I see wade out there hustling for O Rebounds more than LBJ/Bosh, which is just bizzare.

Maybe they have after today? i don't know.

Black Mamba said:
Chris Paul got stretched out of the court? anyone got details?

edit: @PDcavsinsider: They're bringing out the stretcher for Chris Paul. Looks like his head bounced off the floor on replays? Not sure.

:( Bulls play them next and I don't want to play a Chris Paul-less team.

I just hope he is ok.

The Stealth Fox

Thibs is a JVG disciple. He helped in constructing the pre-Adelman Rockets defense, and was responsible for Boston's incredible defense during the last three years.

Of course, it helps if you have KG on your team, lulz, but still, he's an incredible coach and I'm glad to see him doing well.

Blackace

The Frankman said:

Players in all sports have rituals they HAVE to follow.. if they believe something is bad luck they will find a new one with the quickness.

Blackace said:
How is not signing with NY and Chi giving them the middle finger?

Also LBJ on Chi town would have been ill..

Well not literally, but he was basically saying those two teams were incapable of winning a championship even though to many observers he would have done well in those cities, especially CHI. He felt those cities were inadequate for winning a championship soon. I'd take that as a mild insult if I were them.

EDIT: This ATL/NY game is heating up.

giri said:
That would be the other problem, Rose (and the bulls) look the best when he's handling. He's really doing (and growing as) a playmaker roll. Getitng either of those guys might've hampered that development, which (with hindsight) would've been bad for the league.

But I still think they'd be better off with that Ray Allen type (who wouldn't) than Wade/LBJ type.

rose would be incredible with a guy drawing 2 defenders and passing to him on a kick out. if he starts out with an open lane to the basket? god damn

and today i saw us finally put lbj and wade on the same side of the court---wade had more free room. why do we not do this more??

Blackace

The Frankman said:
... maybe you shouldn't give so much...

The lack of logical posts/discussion is stark compared to other threads, and I'm even including the NFL thread. There's trolling there, but you get logical team discussion all the time, even in the offseason! You just never really see legit non-troll talk here on a consistent basis...

Actually there is a lot of great discussion here.. stark? are you kidding? Of the sports threads we have so many topics we do cover here.. during slow times we talk of NBA yester-years.. There has been a great discussion going on even during the troll-fest..

I don't mind the trashtalking but the flatout being a dick trolling is going to get poeple banned..

Blackace said:
Players in all sports have rituals they HAVE to follow.. if they believe something is bad luck they will find a new one with the quickness.

and let's not pretend some of us aren't superstitious, either. Not just playing, but watching our teams.

It's natural.

New York Knicks Stats vs. Hawks:
More rebounds (tied offensive)
More Assists
More Steals
TO's are the same
Playing good D

Result: Losing by 1. Shoot me.

Blackace

Black Mamba said:
and let's not pretend some of us aren't superstitious, either. Not just playing, but watching our teams.

It's natural.

I played hoops, and even now as I DJ I got some..

Oh snap, I think Iggy just daggered the Warriors.

I played hoops, and even now as I DJ I got some..

no doubt. I am superstitious watching the Lakers even though I know it's irrational.

I do the same playin' ball, but to a lesser extent. It's all about positive thinking when it comes to sports. If you believe something is helping you, then your mind tricks itself a little.

Space Jam and the water bottle, yo!

... I'm just waiting for Jamal Crawford to destroy the Knicks in the 4th quarter. I know it's coming. I'm not even saying anything though the Knicks are seemingly playing better now...

Blackace

giri said:
I guess, thibs would probably break LBJ down mentally. But i can't hold too much against Spo, it genuinely doesn't seem like the players have reached a stage where they're desperate enough to do anything to win yet. People forget, but you still see PP/Allen/ KG dive on the ground for a ball. Bosh...... I see wade out there hustling for O Rebounds more than LBJ/Bosh, which is just bizzare.

Maybe they have after today? i don't know.

Spo wasn't ready to handle so many egos.. that will be Riles job next season.

As for the hustling some of that is respect for your coach and team.. it is almost like they are trying to win games to get a good playoff spot but trying to get Spo fired at the same time.

i hate doris burke's voice so much

i think the league should just not let her be on games and let those teams be locally televised only. doris burke is like a punishment

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Hasn't he made more All Star appearances than any players on your current team's roster combined???

No? AK47 and Memo have just as many all-star appearances (Memo's doesn't count though because he was replacing an injured player and was playing a super weak position)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom