• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was entertaining.

But man, Heat talk can go somewhere. Everything doesn't revolve around an overrated team that has proven nothing.

numble

The Crimson Blur said:
of course i do

being from somewhere else and being a fan of the lakers is auto bandwagon status

same with the yankees or steelers
Nah, Spurs have bandwagon fans. That's why there are Chinese ads at the AT&T Center. Chinese fans can only bandwagon.

GremlinFool said:
Yeah, but being from somewhere else and being a fan of the team that won 4 rings in the past 11 years isn't auto bandwagon status lmao

yup

problem?

The Stealth Fox said:
Why would anyone be a fan of the Spurs in 1999? That championship doesn't even count.

yo

this is like having mike bibby on my team

fuck

The Stealth Fox

The best selling jersey in China is Kobe's.

It would be very bad if Duncan was China's favorite player because then their industry would collapse due to people falling asleep all the time.

Gigglepoo

People really don't understand the idea that rooting for the Lakers (when you live outside of LA) is a bandwagon tactic? They're the second most successful franchise, and the most glamorous. Latching on to them is akin to cheering for Man U, the Yankees, and every other team that is consistently on top.

You're free to root for who you want, but don't make it sound like you're not a bandwagon fan.

The Stealth Fox said:
The best selling jersey in China is Kobe's.

It would be very bad if Duncan was China's favorite player because then their industry would collapse due to people falling asleep all the time.

you make a compelling point mr. fox

no true Duncan fan would skip their mid-day nap to go to a Spurs game

thats why the stands were filled with Laker bandwagoners

it all makes sense now

(i'm gonna give you the assist on this one. it was a tough catch but i still finished)

there are some shitty ass posters in this thread, like the stealth fox, but for a big name poster, i have to say, TCB is easily the worst.
Edit: I mostly just miss DY :(

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Nelo Ice said:
damn wish i catched the lakers game

so bynum is finally proving his worth!?
The Big Worth (yeah I'm bringing that shit back) is healthier now and is hitting his stride. He also seems to finally know his damn role and accepts it.

And thus he flourishes.

MidnightCowboy said:
there are some shitty ass posters in this thread, like the stealth fox, but for a big name poster, i have to say, TCB is easily the worst.
Edit: I mostly just miss DY :(

You keep popping out of the ground like a Daisy!

diehard

Fleer
Case said:
=
Didn't your team just get daggered by a Rondo jumper a little while ago?
I only remember Rondo getting us back in the game with his hilarious offense and Ray Allen being your savior.

Why do people care when/why fans choose to root for the teams they root for? Who cares? So they hopped on a bandwagon. So? Does it really bother you?

The Stealth Fox

Big Baybee said:
Why do people care when/why fans choose to root for the teams they root for? Who cares? So they hopped on a bandwagon. So? Does it really bother you?
Bynum for Melo.

I'm okay with newbies/bandwagoners, but I hate stupid garbage like that.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
The Big Worth (yeah I'm bringing that shit back) is healthier now and is hitting his stride. He also seems to finally know his damn role and accepts it.

And thus he flourishes.

so bynum is playing consistently well along with odom for the first time...FINALLY!

BruceLeeRoy said:
You keep popping out of the ground like a Daisy!
I haven't been watching enough basketball to post a lot lately. I don't have much to back my name up, but I'll start posting more often. I need to get wittier.

The Stealth Fox said:
If LA wins in Miami, I will be shocked.

Kobe vs Lebron is like CP3 vs D-will.

Kobe/CP3 are better all-around players, but somehow they always crap the bed against LeBron/D-Will.

2-0 vs em in '08-09 when Lakers had something to prove. Only [real] loss Cavs had at home that season, too.

Booshka

So glad to be a lifelong LA resident right now. It's a battle of the bandwagoner's in here. I'm am so glad Bynum is playing well, he is so huge and he actually jumps and grabs rebounds with two hands, love it. Please no injuries for the rest of the year.

Also, the whole Starters playing with 6 mins left in the game in a blowout was to send a message to the 2nd unit for playing out of the offense and being stupid. I don't agree with it, keeping starters healthy is more important than trying to teach them a lesson in garbage time of a big win. Teach them in practice, it's the Zen master though, he is gonna do what he wants and no one will argue.

Pau is getting the shaft though, poor Gasol.

Big Baybee said:

The San Antonio Spurs are the best team in the league, with a historic record.

Their entire arena was filled with Laker fans tonight.

Thats what bothers us.

I don't care if some no name like omiee is a bandwagoner. Hes harmless. Hes in Holland.

Case said:
Really? Why? Laker's size is a huge part of what makes them unbeatable in the playoffs. What do you want Melo chucking shots and playing no defense for?

I just have very little faith that Bynum will be around and healthy late in the playoffs. He's 0 for the last 3. I hope I'm wrong but I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's the same reason I praised the Celtics trading Perkins for Green.

Darkman M

The Crimson Blur said:
The San Antonio Spurs have the best record in the league.

Their entire arena was filled with Laker fans tonight.

Thats what bothers us.

I don't care if some no name like omiee is a bandwagoner. Hes harmless. Hes in Holland.

fixed

Celsior said:
Billups, Turiaf and walker all missing tonight.

God damn we will see mason.
We definitely will see Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter play big minutes, we might see some Balkman and possibly Derrick Brown. I hope we don't see Mason.

The Stealth Fox

As far as Perkins goes, I really think he's damaged goods. Everyone expecting the Celtics chances of winning it all to take a nosedive after the trade will be sorely disappointed.

Simply because they have the big Shaqpocalypse.

Wait... that can't be good, Perkins or no Perkins.

NomarTyme said:
There is one.

You didn't get the news? Trax is no longer a fan.

Its so cute seeing these Laker youngins get all butthurt when I go after their team

Yeah I am hilarious when I am bashing the Heat

What these kids don't know I made my millions hating on the Lakers

And now they are mad at me

waaah waah wah wah wah

why you trippin i ain't even do nothin

but aye do me a favor call me jerk one more time

NomarTyme

The Stealth Fox said:
As far as Perkins goes, I really think he's damaged goods. Everyone expecting the Celtics chances of winning it all to take a nosedive after the trade will be sorely disappointed.

Simply because they have the big Shaqpocalypse.

Wait... that can't be good, Perkins or no Perkins.

You didn't get the news? Trax is no longer a fan.
Not buying it!

MidnightCowboy said:
If I'm thinking correctly, he said he'd be back for playoffs right?

Probably did.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
wtf is this "You can't be a fan of other teams unless you're born their" bullshit. I was born and raised in LA and I've met plenty of legit Lakers fans since I've lived in Michigan for a few years now.

There are definitely a lot of bandwagoners from different states and cities, don't get me wrong, but the notion that they are automatically bandwagoners because they live somewhere else is absurd.

Jeremy Evans back from the D-League! Unfortunately, this probably means Millsap's out for a while :(. More minutes for Favors and Evans though! Block party coming!

The Crimson Blur said:
Its so cute seeing these Laker youngins get all butthurt when I go after their team

Yeah I am hilarious when I am bashing the Heat

What these kids don't know I made my millions hating on the Lakers

And now they are mad at me

waaah waah wah wah wah

why you trippin i ain't even do nothin

but aye do me a favor call me jerk one more time

are you ok dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom