• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkman M

Black Mamba said:
I think it's Dwight then Dirk then Rose, honestly.

And Dirk isn't one dimensional anymore. he's nothing special on D, or anything, but he's capable where he was once awful at it.

Rose will win it over Dwight after the head to head victory and considering Rose's team has a better record.

Carmelo Anthony has been on the bench since like 3-4 minutes in the 3rd.

I know it's a back-to-back but this is a great adjustment to sit a slumping player and go with guys who know the system. STAT/Fields/Williams/Jeffries and big ups to Anthony Carter, whose intensity on D turned the game around.

EDIT: STAT leaving to a standing O in Atlanta. I love it.

I still am too shellshocked to re-enter this thread for real after Friday's game.

But it's nice to bounce back from that with a big win on the road against a higher-seeded playoff team missing 3 of our important pieces and to do it with quality defense.

lol @ running another team's stadium, too.

Darkman M said:
Rose will win it over Dwight after the head to head victory and considering Rose's team has a better record.

Very possible. I don't know where the media will go with it this year (besides not Lebron).

But I'd put Dwight above Rose. No knock on the kid, but Dwight's teammates are much worse and he does a lot more for em right now. Dirk's team can't play without him.

Darkman M

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
The teams have won one game against the other this year.
Yeah but this one is closer torwards the end, unless they play again? Rose has been at the top for the award for awhile and he's done nothing to fall off.

Darkman M said:
Yeah but this one is closer towered the end, unless they play again? Rose has been at the top for the reward for awhile and he's done nothing to fall off.

Yeah, not sure if they play each other again and I agree with all of that.

It's Rose's to lose.

Jarlaxle

Black Mamba said:
Did you just call Grant Hill a random player?

smh.

The funny thing is that was the first game. The second game this year was Vince Carter going for 30+. All those random players.

Pkaz01

Pietrus has been real good tonight, so have Carter and Gortat. Thanks orlando. Brooks is playing well too. New players carrying the suns.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Black Mamba said:

smh.

They just got a pro team..

KingGondo said:
In that he's not exactly known for carrying his team. He had like 35 against us last time we played.

As I said..

I got to say people just talk about Carmelo in the deal and now Billups recently, but Anthony Carter has been a revelation for the Knicks at backing up the point. even Shelden Williams has been not terrible... Remeber eons ago AC came into the league a Pat Riley type of player, if he continues to play this type of D it may be feasible to make him the backup PG and switch Toney Douglas back to SG. The good thing about that is both Carter and Douglas can play SGs, so it's not like they'd be mismatched...

Good win, much needed by the Knicks. Like Chaucey Billups said the team is playing hard on D, they're just not playing smart on rotations. Tonight they really improved on that. Now off to play Utah at MSG!

KingGondo

Banned
JoeFu said:
Mavs sucking some balls right now ....
Memphis is tough. They've got all the pieces to be consistently good.

Not sure they have what it takes to get over the hump into true contention though.

J2 Cool

Black Mamba said:

smh.

Glad I'm not the only one that sounded weird to, but it is surprising to see a line like 34/9/4 at 38 yrs old. Pretty amazing.

Black Mamba said:
Very possible. I don't know where the media will go with it this year (besides not Lebron).

But I'd put Dwight above Rose. No knock on the kid, but Dwight's teammates are much worse and he does a lot more for em right now. Dirk's team can't play without him.

Dwight Howard is a great player for that team, but unfortunately the coach or gm refuses to build the team around Dwight Howard's ability. If he's out a couple of games, they're still going to lose some and win some on their jump shooting that night. Howard could go off for 40/15 as he did against the Bulls two meetings ago or 20pts on 8/8 as he did their last meeting (a crime he didn't get the ball more), and not be as valuable to the Magic's record as Rose is to the Bulls. Hell, I thought they didn't nearly go to Howard enough his 40/15 game. (12/16)

KingGondo

Banned
Blackace said:
They just got a pro team..

As I said..
Oh, you.

I know how good he was before he got injured, although I was just a youngin back then. And I followed the NBA before the Thunder came to town, thank you very much.

I was just saying that he hasn't single-handedly won his team a game in a long time.

In other news... James Harden continuing to not suck. And Channing Frye looks seriously hurt.

h3ro

This Knicks team is so damn Jekyll and Hyde. Loved the D today, shutting down a big rival that's ahead of us in the standings though. Roger Mason Jr. was stroking it on some of those J's. Also, I love the effect Chauncy and Anthony Carter have had on this team, bringing this wise, calm demeanor that helps with the young blood.

Landry looked good tonight, looks like he's shaken off the last few games after the Carmelo trade where he looked like he was pressing.

LOVING the STAT M-V-P chants in Atlanta. So good!

J2 Cool said:
Glad I'm not the only one that sounded weird to, but it is surprising to see a line like 34/9/4 at 38 yrs old. Pretty amazing.

Dwight Howard is a great player for that team, but unfortunately the coach or gm refuses to build the team around Dwight Howard's ability. If he's out a couple of games, they're still going to lose some and win some on their jump shooting that night. Howard could go off for 40/15 as he did against the Bulls two meetings ago or 20pts on 8/8 as he did their last meeting (a crime he didn't get the ball more), he's not as valuable to the Magic's record as Rose imo. Hell, I thought they didn't nearly go to Howard enough his 40/15 game. (12/16)

Without him their defense would fall apart.

Chicago wins because of their defense, mostly. That's thibs. Rose has carried them on offense, but they're an average offensive team and the best defensive team mostly because of Noah, Asik, Brewer, Deng, and Bogans. Rose gets some credit there too, and he's on my MVP ballot, but not as high as Dwight.

Chicago also wins with depth. Their bench has one of the best +/- in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom