• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkman M

Remember 5 or 6 months ago certain NBA gaffers where saying it's all over the Heat are gonna run the league for the next 7 years, no one else has a chance? Shame on you guys.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Darkman M said:
Remember 5 or 6 months ago certain NBA gaffers where saying it's all over the Heat are gonna run the league for the next 7 years, no one else has a chance? Shame on you guys.
Prepare for humiliating torment at the hands of the killers from South Beach.

SUPREME1

Banned
Darkman M said:

They're a Kobe away from being a dynasty.

They are one or two MLE's away, but if the new CBA adds a hard cap, they are fucked so badly. It pretty much destroys the plan Riley tanked 2 years to conclude.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
No, I said in my post that I think he's taken over the team but I think people are grasping for straws when they say his word usage of "my" means that.

I mean, he is kind of dumb but I doubt he'd blatantly say that even if he believed it because it'd show up Wade.

Completely agree. When I say "my team" won when I talk about pickup basketball, in no way am I saying "The team that I am the best player on, therefore I am the leader of" won.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
thekad said:
So when the Heat win the chip in a few months, what are you guys going to talk about?

The brand of chips that they won. Pringles, doritos, tostitos...

CherryWoodFuton said:
On second thought, bulls vs bobcats and warriors vs nets might be interesting games to watch

Bulls vs. Bobcats won't be half as fun without DY :(

GamerSoul

thekad said:
So when the Heat win the chip in a few months, what are you guys going to talk about?

How awesome it was when the Heat won the championship. hehe. And Sports Center just had a poll questoin about the crying thing. 1)Does it show that they care 2)There is no crying in basketball

what a dumbass question.

Spooks

Heat players crying after a loss pffft I don't remember hearing about Cavs players crying after losing 26 straight.

GamerSoul said:
How awesome it was when the Heat won the championship. hehe. And Sports Center just had a poll questoin about the crying thing. 1)Does it show that they care 2)There is no crying in basketball

what a dumbass question.

They'll probably do a whole Outside the Lines with that Bob dude about crying in sports and its possible ramifications and/or meaning.

Jeff-DSA

Spooks said:
Heat players crying after a loss pffft I don't remember hearing about Cavs players crying after losing 26 straight.

That's because crying is for true losers, just like ambulances, aerosol hairspray, and corduroy pants.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Spooks said:
Don't make me get out some Mo Williams GIFs.

GamerSoul

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
They'll probably do a whole Outside the Lines with that Bob dude about crying in sports and its possible ramifications and/or meaning.

Maybe. I remember they were getting on T.O's "That's my Teammate" post game interview thing. If they stay in the 3rd spot and play vs the Knicks, that's gonna be fun to watch.

Owzers

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
This is like saying that team X's title hopes are dependent on either Ray Allen or Kyle Korver creating offense off of the dribble since they both can't run off of screens. Or that a team with Malone and Shaq on it would need Malone to become a PG. It's silly, it's never going to happen, and yes, the lack of it happening will cause them to lose.

I think Lebron James is skilled enough to change his roll if he fully commits. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but it's going to take a coach saying " No, this is how we're going to do things if you want to win a championship" every single day, and that should have went on before the season even started.

thekad

Banned
viakado said:
i've always liked your line of thinking, toxic.
thekad man up or shut up.

Why would I care whether or not the Heat win? That's the business of Heat fans and Lebron nuthuggers, like you and reilo.

sillymonkey321 said:
I think Lebron James is skilled enough to change his roll if he fully commits. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but it's going to take a coach saying " No, this is how we're going to do things if you want to win a championship" every single day, and that should have went on before the season even started.

Pat Riley.

ToxicAdam

thekad said:
Why would I care whether or not the Heat win? That's the business of Heat fans and Lebron nuthuggers, like you and reilo.

Wow, what a backpedal. Even the worst trolls have the balls to back up their nonsense.

You're less than Wizman23.

reilo

thekad said:
Why do you keep mentioning my name? Who's nut-hugging who?

Darkman M

ToxicAdam said:
Wow, what a backpedal. Even the worst trolls have the balls to back up their nonsense.

You're less than Wizman23.

That was Kad does, talks mad shit, but when it's time to own or man up he disappears.

Jeff-DSA

I can't wait until the Heat problems get fixed by a sudden surge in late game foul calls in their favor. Meltdowns will be epic.

Here's hoping for a Dallas-Miami finals. I hear that the new line of exercise bikes are particularly smug.

reilo

LovingSteam said:
I remember when the Kad was a member of the AAA troll club. My how themighty have fallen.
In what alternate universe was this?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
EthanJSkolnick
Udonis Haslem shot on the court for first time. Says that it would be late March at earliest, but optimistic overall.

Can't wait till UD gets back. We need some more mouthpiece throwing around here.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
heatalready_zuhh.jpg

I like how deliberate LeClown's move was, he didn't do any change of direction or anything.

Rose would have done at least one crossover, then double clutched near the rim, sailed under the basket and scored cleanly while being bodied by 3 different players for the not "and 1".

SUPREME1

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I like how deliberate LeClown's move was, he didn't do any change of direction or anything.

Rose would have done at least one crossover, then double clutched near the rim, sailed under the basket and scored cleanly while being bodied by 3 different players for the not "and 1".

LeBoy can't pull off a man move like that.

GamerSoul

I don't get it, you think it would be a coach's dream to have so many options when the game is getting down the stretch. The real question should really be: how do you guys want to win this one?

GamerSoul said:
I don't get it, you think it would be a coach's dream to have so many options when the game is getting down the stretch. The real question should really be: how do you guys want to win this one?

Maybe they should do a poll on Sportscenter before each Heat game as to who should take the last shot.

I am sure Erik Whateverhisnameis would be cool with that.

GamerSoul said:

Remember this play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ikaIDz-Ck

With the amount of attention that Lebron and Wade get on drives, why does it seem they are rarely able to get easy baskets for one another or Bosh in crunch time?

It's statistically improbable that they can be this bad in the clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom