• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsayer

Can anyone tell me what happened to Robin Lopez? He played well in the Playoffs last year, but has been a huge non-factor this whole season. Injured?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Stealth Fox said:
Grant Hill did a good job of guarding Kobe in the WCF. Dat duke defense (him and Shane Battier trade notes).

Vince Carter plays like he's further along in his career as compared to Grant. Grant is playing like he's 32. Vince Carter is playing like he's 84.

Kobe shuts himself down more often than other players do

Black Mamba said:
You go girl!

During Sunday's game Bosh was playing pretty well getting the ball on the block. Him spotting up from 10-18 feet is a waste of his talent, Haslem can do that.

Doomsayer said:
Can anyone tell me what happened to Robin Lopez? He played well in the Playoffs last year, but has been a huge non-factor this whole season. Injured?

He looked pretty good playing against the Nets/his brother, and he was getting up for dunks from like a step inside the paint. Didn't look hurt to me...

Rham

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
During Sunday's game Bosh was playing pretty well getting the ball on the block. Him spotting up from 10-18 feet is a waste of his talent, Haslem can do that.

Speaking of Haslem, when will he be back?

ph33nix said:
The fact that people love talking about them justifies the coverage, win or lose.

Dude, if you think the media is only supposed to cover feel good and success stories, then I don't know what to say. It isn't this way in anything.

I've been saying for a year or more now that ESPN loves to build guys up and then rip them to shreds, and that Lebron's career arc would mimic A-Rod in this regard.

Kobe went through is rapist/coach killer/team destroyer/he's getting what he deserves phase in 04/05 and now he's a media darling. Fuck'em.

The Stealth Fox

Blackace said:
Kobe shuts himself down more often than other players do

I agree. Kobe is only marginally better than Kevin Martin.

can't tell if you're trolling or not. heck, i can't tell if i'm trolling or not.

Black Mamba said:
Possibly. But it's not Spo's fault. A coach will not fix these problems, sorry.

Spo is an enabler. He has no control over his club right now and he's allowed Bron to take the leash. He doesn't put Bosh in a situation where he can succeed and he isn't an equal opportunist when it comes to his all-stars in late game situations.

Ninja Scooter said:
I've been saying for a year or more now that ESPN loves to build guys up and then rip them to shreds, and that Lebron's career arc would mimic A-Rod in this regard.

Kobe went through is rapist/coach killer/team destroyer/he's getting what he deserves phase in 04/05 and now he's a media darling. Fuck'em.

The Heat really do have the A-Rod of basketball, don't they?

:(

Doomsayer

Sho_Nuff82 said:

He looked pretty good playing against the Nets/his brother, and he was getting up for dunks from like a step inside the paint. Didn't look hurt to me...

I can probably dunk on his brother though. I just wonder why he isn't getting many minutes or producing anymore. He was a good rebounder, even if his offense wasn't always up to par.

giri

ph33nix said:
Well he severely injured a thumb ligament which hasn't fully healed. Sorta the same way James Jones sucked when he was here his first two years and is shooting better now.

Still, I don't think that's contributed to it. I think Mike's just freaked out. His outside shots seem to be too strong and when he's inside the arc he forces action. He is basically crumbling under pressure I think.

I was going to say this too. I'm glad Wade finally blew up in the 4th tonight. Unfortunately others shit bricks.
Yeah... Bosh has been mike miller good. And LBJ should be banned from shooting 3's in the 4th.

giri

Doomsayer said:
NO idea, he's not getting as many boards as i'd like to see him get. But he's been playing well when on the floor, and generally has a positive impact on the game. I just don't think the suns liked how he was coming along in the PnR game, so they prefer to use gortat. Or go small with warrick @ 4, frye @5

ph33nix said:
The Heat really do have the A-Rod of basketball, don't they?

:(

Highly touted coming out of high school.

Seen as a phenom.

Was a fan/media favorite and golden boy his first few years.

Completely oblivious and out of touch with the things they do and say.

Drew criticism from the way they handled free agency.

Joined another star's team.

Yup, sounds about right.

Wade is also like Jeter, right down to the Herpes.

Gigglepoo

Cerrius said:
Wade looks fired up. Time for Lady Bosh to fall in line though. Absolutely pathetic performance tonight.

Wade has a knack for putting up big numbers in a loss. It's where my "he doesn't make players better" comments come from, but that's just a lazy explanation for the phenomenon. Basically, Wade playing well doesn't translate to big wins (and hasn't for years), so it doesn't really matter what he does.

giri

Black Mamba said:
confused by his comment. Kobe averaged like 30 points on 55% shooting or something ridiculous in last season WCF.
Thats a very selective memory.

How'd he shoot in game 7 of the finals?

Yeah...

I think blackace meant the only person that can really beat kobe, is kobe.

giri said:
Thats a very selective memory.

How'd he shoot in game 7 of the finals?

Yeah...

I think blackace meant the only person that can really beat kobe, is kobe.

Was referring to this comment:

"Grant Hill did a good job of guarding Kobe in the WCF"

Blackace

ph33nix said:
So then you would also agree that regular season means shit then
we need to get you a Stan from monkey island avatar

MPW

slspuppy1.gif

The Stealth Fox

Jordan shot like crap in Game 6 of the NBA Finals against the Kemps, if I remember correctly.

Black Mamba said:
Was referring to this comment:

"Grant Hill did a good job of guarding Kobe in the WCF"

If there's something puzzling about my comment, then quote it. He did do a good job, it's just that Kobe hit some really insane shots in that series with Grant Hill defending as good as he can against him.

Shane Battier was the same way every time he played against Kobe. Sometimes Kobe would shoot like crap, sometimes he'd shoot 80%, but regardless, Shane played good defense. The reason I say 'was' is because Shane Battier is no longer a good defender.

charsace

Lebron needs to scarifice his scoring and worry about running the team and leading the defense like Magic did back in the day. Magic wasn't even a great defender, but he still lead the team on that side of the ball. No one ever question whether or not Magic was the leader of the team he just carried himself like one and imposed his will on the flow of the game.

Rham said:
Speaking of Haslem, when will he be back?

He's supposed to be practicing now.

Bosh is a pretty athletic guy, and despite getting the least attention of the big 3, he's only 64th in the league in dunks on the year.

Here's a list of the PFs with more dunks:

Blake Griffin
LaMarcus Aldridge
Amar'e Stoudemire
Kris Humphries
Serge Ibaka
JJ Hickson
Derrick Favors
Hakim Warrick
Brandon Bass
Shawn Marion
Josh McRoberts
Pau Gasol
Kevin Garnett
Taj Gibson
Ed Davis
Carl Landry
Lamar Odom
Trevor Booker
Marcin Gortat
Darrell Arthur

Yeah, I'd be frustrated if I played with 2 superstars and got less open lanes at the rim than guys coming off the bench around the league.

benita

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
Jordan shot like crap in Game 6 of the NBA Finals against the Kemps, if I remember correctly.

This is gaf dude. Unless you remember Jordan shooting 80%, playing lockdown defense for 48 minutes and hitting a buzzer beater for the win while also leading the team in rebounds, assists and steals you're remembering incorrectly.

Blackace

The Stealth Fox said:

didn't shoot great but he attacked the rim like you should when you are shooting poorly

Blackace

benita said:
This is gaf dude. Unless you remember Jordan shooting 80%, playing lockdown defense for 48 minutes and hitting a buzzer beater for the win you're remembering incorrectly.

I swear you must never post here...

The Stealth Fox

benita said:
Any particular reason you're giving me a hard time?

Everyone knows that revisionist history comes in to play when discussing Jeffrey.

That's more like everywhere but GAF. GAF hates Jordan, because Lakers-Age dominates GAF.

Ninja Scooter said:
and people laughed in the off season thread when I said that Bosh would barely have any more impact than a prime Antawn Jamison on this team.

Who wanted a Bynum for Bosh trade? Viakado, perhaps? Can't recall.

Definitely glad that didn't happen.

Doomsayer

That isn't entirely true, Stealth. Most of the time when Lakers-age comes to talk Kobe and Jordan all of GAF shits all over Lakers age. It's a true team effort.

8-24 and whatnot.

Gigglepoo

benita said:
Any particular reason you're giving me a hard time?

Everyone knows that revisionist history comes in to play when discussing Jeffrey.

At least GAF is the one place that remembers how good Ced was

benita said:
This is gaf dude. Unless you remember Jordan shooting 80%, playing lockdown defense for 48 minutes and hitting a buzzer beater for the win while also leading the team in rebounds, assists and steals you're remembering incorrectly.

haha what? sure you're not talking about realgm?

charsace said:
And Bosh is done my dudes. His mind wrecked worse than Jenna Jameson's vagina.

On Howard Stern, Jenna Jameson's dad successfully picked her vagina out of a lineup.

I have no idea where the Bosh joke is in there but that's what your post recalled.

thekad

Banned
Doomsayer said:
That isn't entirely true, Stealth. Most of the time when Lakers-age comes to talk Kobe and Jordan all of GAF shits all over Lakers age. It's a true team effort.

8-24 and whatnot.

8-24?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom