• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Even more ESPN trolling. This is GOLD:

tears2.jpg

tears1.gif

@stephenasmith: Btw...I totally slept on LaMarcus Aldridge when he came out in the draft. I owe that man an apology. He's legit.
Background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkxePs7cjkw

Sharp said:
It's too bad DY isn't around BTW, I think he would have enjoyed watching Wall turn over the ball virtually every time he touched it, brick wide-open layups, and get shown up by Jordan motherfucking Crawford while losing by 30 to the worst offensive team in the league.

It's amazing how Wall gets up the floor in half a second, absolutely rips someone over with a cross over and then bricks a layup--all while being 6'4 and clearly having the ability to simply RISE UP AND DUNK THE FUCKING BASKETBALL.

With that said sharp...Jordan Crawford is a fucking cancer in the making.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Stealth Fox said:
I like him, but it's really sad. He's SO slow.

He used to be silky smooth slow and wasn't as boring to watch, but his mobility has gone down the toilet.

He can still contribute because he does other things very well, and that will make him last, but I don't think he'll ever be the star he once was.

And blackace I know you're biased because he's a seattle boy.

Not only a Seattle but he graduated from the same high school as me, and went to UW.. and somehow stayed in the Northwest.

I think he will get some of his mobility back and he will be silky smooth again once he trusts his body not to explode again..

He won't be Grant Hill like roleplayer yet but I don't know if he will be elite again..

The Stealth Fox

Blackace said:
Not only a Seattle but he graduated from the same high school as me, and went to UW.. and somehow stayed in the Northwest.

I think he will get some of his mobility back and he will be silky smooth again once he trusts his body not to explode again..

He won't be Grant Hill like roleplayer yet but I don't know if he will be elite again..

Over the Hill is a beast.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
They still cover them as if they matter.

The fact that people love talking about them justifies the coverage, win or lose.

Dude, if you think the media is only supposed to cover feel good and success stories, then I don't know what to say. It isn't this way in anything.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ph33nix said:
so will all you morons stop bitching about ESPN's "agenda" from now on?
The only thing ESPN likes more than winners with a superstar is a team with superstars losing and shitting the bed.

ph33nix said:
So if we send Mike Miller to life/basketball/career/anything rehab right now and get him back in year 3 of his 5 year contract, it's still a discount right?

The only contract in basketball worse than Al Harrington and Travis Outlaw.

ph33nix said:
The fact that people love talking about them justifies the coverage, win or lose.

Dude, if you think the media is only supposed to cover feel good and success stories, then I don't know what to say. It isn't this way in anything.

I wish they'd cover really good basketball teams more.

The Heat have talent but they get Favre coverage.

The Heat being the lead story every night means we live in a WWE society.

Yes Wade definitely made a strong case for why he should dominate the ball in the 4th quarter. He brought them back until Bosh/Lebron bricked it.

Much is said about the Heat's pathetic bench/role players, but it seems the bench guys rarely get good looks. The ball is dominated so much by the main 3 guys, they're pretty much reduced to table scraps.

If you notice guys like Chalmers can get going once they're given several good lucks in the flow of play (not off broken plays).

Mike Miller is trash though. He's adding nothing and the Bibby signing looks to be one of the biggest flops. Yeah Bibby is struggling but the current Heat system doesn't give any oxygen to PGs.

And yes, Bosh was pathetic tonight but he is being misused. He's had to adjust his game moreso than anybody on the Heat and it means he's going to have inconsistent performances like tonight.

Black Mamba said:
No way Spo gets fired this late in the season. And n way Riley takes over at this moment.

Spo is going nowhere until the off-season.
He probably won't even be fired in the off-season either. I wager he's gonna pull a SVG and resign before december.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I wish they'd cover really good basketball teams more.

The Heat have talent but they get Favre coverage.

The Heat being the lead story every night means we live in a WWE society.

Well, yeah, you're not surprised are you? In a society where bullshit lead stories (Paris, Britney, etc.) take place over actual, relevant news.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Stealth Fox said:
The Magic would kill for Grant Hill right about now.

Many teams would like to have Hill.. no team would kill for Hill...

CherryWoodFuton said:
He probably won't even be fired in the off-season either. I wager he's gonna pull a SVG and resign before december.

Possibly. But it's not Spo's fault. A coach will not fix these problems, sorry.

Heat @ Hawks, March 18th. Two teams (Who happen to be clones of each other) in the playoff race playing like they're tanking for draft picks, shameball classic.

Kind of a shame that the Heat took all the attention away from the Hawks' collapse. That team's going to finish with the 7th seed and a negative point differential and I can't see that core winning a playoff game ever again. And they're over the cap for like the next six years. There's a total blowup coming for them after the lockout.

They'd be worse. He would stand around and do nothing. Bosh is at least tall. You can't teach that!

I've complained about Deron a lot this season, but he's one of the best players in the league moving without the ball.

Bucks are going to make the playoffs with like 32 wins, back half of the East is so terrible.

charsace

So no heat players being exposed for crying tonight? Maybe they took Phil Jackson's advice and went to the shitter to let their tears loose?

Sharp

Dark FaZe said:
It's amazing how Wall gets up the floor in half a second, absolutely rips someone over with a cross over and then bricks a layup--all while being 6'4 and clearly having the ability to simply RISE UP AND DUNK THE FUCKING BASKETBALL.

With that said sharp...Jordan Crawford is a fucking cancer in the making.
Oh, I absolutely agree. I don't want him on this team at all and I hope he has a few more performances like this so we can trade him for another draft pick at the first available opportunity.

The Stealth Fox

Blackace said:
lawl

they had that in Vince Carter..

Grant Hill did a good job of guarding Kobe in the WCF. Dat duke defense (him and Shane Battier trade notes).

Vince Carter plays like he's further along in his career as compared to Grant. Grant is playing like he's 32. Vince Carter is playing like he's 84.

Don't understand why the Suns crowd is booing Dragic Johnson. He was the reason the Suns finally beat the Spurs for the first time in human history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom