• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Sumidor said:
Geez, didn't expect all this from one little comment. I didn't say that the guy in the video deserved to be in the NBA. So.. I don't know where you got that idea. I was just saying, Blake Griffin gets all this praise for how amazing he is.. And I don't think he's that great.
No... no, Blake Griffin is pretty great, I can't agree with you there. Maybe this is just residual bitter tears about LMA getting left out of the ASG? That sounds much more likely.

numble

Sumidor said:
Geez, didn't expect all this from one little comment. I didn't say that the guy in the video deserved to be in the NBA. So.. I don't know where you got that idea. I was just saying, Blake Griffin gets all this praise for how amazing he is.. And I don't think he's that great.
Do you watch him? He's pretty great.

Fox318

amuKw.png

http://twitter.com/NotWaltFrazier

Derwind

Man, he should have left that suit back in the 70's where it belongs...

Knicks need a defensive anchor is what they need. I say they should make a run for Howard when he becomes a FA.... :/

I feel like as awesome as a Melo/STAT/Howard frontline is, Amare and Dwight would encroach on each other's spacing. Knicks need to get a center whose job specifically is to be a defensive stalwart. We don't need the scoring at all, but 10 rebounds, a block or two and the ability to not get beasted out by Cs (aside from Dwight naturally; he's just too powerful) would be ideal.

Also, Melo <3

Derwind

I don't know, bigs are hard to come by and A'mare literally can play alongside almost anyone. I mean he was doing pretty well with Shaq on his back in pheonix. And Howard is far more athletic and agile than O'neal...

Spacing might be an issue yes but I can't see any reason why howard couldn't adjust his game. And I mean, its not like Orlando literally hands him the opporotunity to be an offensive threat, the guy cleans up better than most in the nba today.

Though there are obvious flaws in the plan, namely Cap space along with the new CBA rules(which I'm not throughly familiar with yet but I get the gist of it). And well, I wonder how well he'll adjust in a system with two offensive anchors on the team, I mean Turk & Rashard are nice but they're no Melo & A'mare...

Still, it is a fun little thought. :p

Over the last ten games, Al Jefferson is averaging 28 PPG on 60% shooting, goddamn.

Also, the record everyone knew Jefferson would get. Al became the first player in 14 years to score 30 points without attempting a single free throw or three pointer.

Derwind

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Over the last ten games, Al Jefferson is averaging 28 PPG on 60% shooting, goddamn.

Also, the record everyone knew Jefferson would get. Al became the first player in 14 years to score 30 points without attempting a single free throw or three pointer.

How many games with D-Will and without?

The Stealth Fox

CherryWoodFuton said:
I'm ready for the text message spam from my relatives in LA tonight. Win or lose im gonna have fun tonight :)

Nice to know that your entire family is made up of lifelongs.

there are no LA fans, only bandwagoners

The Stealth Fox said:
Nice to know that your entire family is made up of lifelongs.

there are no LA fans, only bandwagoners

My Kareem jersey / Onesie begs to differ.
Thing went down to my ankles.

On a side note how many of you forsook your family team just to spite them in your angst ridden teenager years.

Barrage

Timberwolves fans chanting MVP for a player on a 50 Loss team. Will they retire Love's jersey if he ever gets the team to .500?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Barrage said:
Timberwolves fans chanting MVP for a player on a 50 Loss team. Will they retire Love's jersey if he ever gets the team to .500?

We'll never know.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Barrage said:
It'll hang next to the 03-04 division champs banner.

BruceLeeRoy said:
My Kareem jersey / Onesie begs to differ.
Thing went down to my ankles.

On a side note how many of you forsook your family team just to spite them in your angst ridden teenager years.
I say my whole immediate family did when we left our other relatives (who are HUGE Laker fans) and moved from LA to Miami

Carlisle calls the Mavs "soft", players take exception

ESPN said:
Frustrated after watching his team bungle a 10-point advantage heading into the fourth quarter and then spit up a seven-point lead with 1:13 to go courtesy of multiple errors, Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle pulled no punches, and perhaps even dropped one on his club below the belt.

"Soft," Carlisle said of his team after a disappointing 93-92 loss to a slumping New Orleans Hornets team that kept pushing even without its concussed floor leader, Chris Paul.

"Yeah," the coach reiterated, "soft."

"Who said that?" Jason Terry said, scoffing at the accusation after he had an off night -- rare for him of late -- with 10 points. "I'm not soft, not me. I don't know where that comes from, but we ain't soft. We have to see how he meant soft in that aspect, but I know he wasn't talking to me personally or any of my teammates because I don't think none of these guys are soft."

What chafed Carlisle was a rebounding total that had the Mavs on the wrong end, 44-31, and a devastating 24-11 deficit in the second half that included no offensive boards, meaning no second possessions, not a single tip-in or tip-out. Although Chandler secured 13 rebounds, the other nine who played totaled 18.

erry took exception to the foul call on Jack, who started in place of Paul and finished with 21 points, seven assists and six rebounds.

"I don't know if Jarrett Jack gets that call," Terry said. "We know Kevin Durant does. You know Kobe may get it. But I don't know about Jarrett Jack. That's just my personal opinion. So we've got to live with it, take it on the chin and go ahead and get ready to get this next one."

Where are my god damn smilies?

CherryWoodFuton said:
I say my whole immediate family did when we left our other relatives (who are HUGE Laker fans) and moved from LA to Miami

Eesh family reunions must have been tough.
I remember when I was about 15 I:
-Traded skiing for snowboarding
-Stopped rollerblading and started skateboarding(This was a good move)
-Much to my fathers chagrin I started actively rooting for the 76'ers over L.A.(Though I still love Iverson I came back to the promised land about a year later.)

Now, if Carlisle really had a problem with Kidd and Terry's play, why didn't he bench them? Vets can be held accountable for their play as well, especially during the regular season in a winnable game.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Now, if Carlisle really had a problem with Kidd and Terry's play, why didn't he bench them? Vets can be held accountable for their play as well, especially during the regular season in a winnable game.

SLOAN CULTURE.

Knicks facing a team after a bad loss and in a bit of internal turmoil? Knicks need to go in feet first tonight, Toney Douglas needs to take Kidd off the dribble at every opportunity.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@jadande said:
David Stern on The Herd: sees Stan Van as "somebody whose team isn't performing, whose star player was suspended, who seems to be fraying."
@jadande said:
More Stern on Stan Van: "I would just render a guess that we won't be hearing from him for the rest of the season."
Oh

my god

Omiee

Im fucking HYPED for this game, i have a couple of friends over to watch the game and its def going to be fun.
I just hope the lakers dont disapoint me and lose this game.
Because you know the miami heat are going to come out wanting to prove a point, we give them a lot of shit about their play but they have 2 of the most talented players in the league right now so you never know how they might take over a game.
I have a lot of confidence in the lakers though, if artest keeps up his play and intensity of the last couple of games, if bynum knows his role in the center and grabs rebounds and blocks shots, if pau is not acting like a bitch, and if kobe is focused we might win this.

SUPREME1

Banned
He ain't even hiding it much anymore. Stern is so fucking drunk with power.

Corrupt sumunabitch.

Edit: Gonna miss tonight's game : (

Gotta go
watch Red Riding Hood.
Yes, I said I gotta go
watch Red Riding Hood.

Halp me.

Omiee

ImperialConquest said:

Corrupt sumunabitch.

Gotta go
watch Red Riding Hood.
Yes, I said I gotta go
watch Red Riding Hood.

Halp me.

lol who is dragging you to that movie, my fiancee had the nerve to drag me to just go with it.

numble

ImperialConquest said:

Corrupt sumunabitch.

Gotta go
watch Red Riding Hood.
Yes, I said I gotta go
watch Red Riding Hood.

Halp me.
It's not a chick flick though. Why would someone drag you to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom