• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Branduil said:
That's not over-analyzing, it's not even analyzing. It's just an obvious observation about defense to anyone who isn't Rick Carlisle.
I have three words for you. These words are "small sample size." I know you don't understand it in baseball though so maybe this is not a discussion worth having.

Sharp said:
I have three words for you. These words are "small sample size."
Explaining logical concepts to a very illogical poster?

926495_o.gif

Branduil

Sharp said:
I have three words for you. These words are "small sample size." I know you don't understand it in baseball though so maybe this is not a discussion worth having.
5 straight years of Jason Terry face in the playoffs is an extremely large sample size.

Cloudy said:
What does KD actually do better than Melo? Shoot fts and 3s?

Melo has:

- better handles
- better mid-range game
- better post-up game
- better play-making skills
- better defensive skills

Durant has better shooting percentages at every range except 16-23 feet, where he and Melo are about equal. Durant's also a much better finisher around the rim.

lol @ better defensive skills. Durant is definitely a better defensive player. I agree on play-making right now and post up.

overcast

Damn son, if I would have judged these games earlier in the day I would have guessed tonight would suck.

But it was a damn fun night. Memphis and boston lost! :D

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
SoulPlaya said:
He already came back quickly earlier this year when he previously sprained his ankle.

C'mon guys, you know that ankle injury was a outlier, and not the norm. I expect him out a week at least.

Cloudy said:
What does KD actually do better than Melo? Shoot fts and 3s?

Melo has:

- better handles
- better mid-range game
- better post-up game
- better play-making skills
- better defensive skills
he's n
How about we let KD get his team to the WCF before comparing him to Melo?
Melo is extremely skilled. However, the point of being skilled is to get high percentage shots, get to the free throw line, and make it easier for your teammates to score high percentage shots. Melo is way less efficient than Durant despite having the ball in his hands the same amount. Why? He takes worse shots than Durant. He doesn't finish well around the basket despite getting there extremely well (this probably reflects his inferior athleticism). And he isn't a good 3 point shooter but he takes several 3s a game. Basically, his brain is holding him back. Durant plays within himself and as a result is extremely efficient and leads the league in scoring. Melo doesn't play to his strengths. He isn't surrounded by scrubs, so he has no excuse for taking the number of lousy shots he takes. Durant is the better player.

SephCast said:
C'mon guys, you know that ankle injury was a outlier, and not the norm. I expect him out a week at least.

Just like everyone said he's a horrible teammate, etc...

I don't care how much he is out for really, as long as he's back for the playoffs which of course he will fail in as everyone said he will...

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Just like everyone said he's a horrible teammate, etc...

I don't care how much he is out for really, as long as he's back for the playoffs which of course he will fail in as everyone said he will...

Yeah, I just hope there isn't a ligament or tendon tear. I am confident that we can still win the 2nd seed without him.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Does that mean we want the Lakers to win tomorrow???

(this place would be hilarious if they lost)

As I said before, Lakers-age will be quiet even if they lose. Cavs loss was rock-bottom. Now it's all about getting ready for the playoffs.

Heat losing 6 in a row would be pretty funny, though.

Jeff-DSA

numble said:
Man Utah people are still salty over that year-old Nike ad.

I'm glad they ran that ad because it blew up in their face. It's just really hard to like a guy like Carmelo. The guy throws that cheap little elbow shot as he drives the ball, he's always foul baiting, and he seems intent on keeping that pedo 'stache around. Never mind that he's a black hole on offense and he's not a hard worker when he's been given so many great talents to work with.

Mrbob

Damn it Booze you already had your typical games out with your injury to start the season. Better be healthy for the post season.

Mrbob

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I know it's a terrible dvision but they haven't lost in it and would be the only team ever to finish a year undefeated in their division since such and such(I forget, since they had divisions of that many teams or whatnot).

Unlike the Cheats who can't beat the top teams, I believe the Bulls are 10-0 since December against the top 7 teams in the NBA via record. They are also 18-7 against the West. No West team wants to see the Bulls in the NBA finals!

SUPREME1

Banned
So here you have it, Lebron and Kobe's "Last 10sec" Clutch stats for 08-09 (Lebron's first MVP) til present.

Lebron James
08-09: 1-4 (25%)
09-10: 1-8 (12.5%)
10-11: 1-8 (12.5%)
Total (through last 3 seasons): 3-20 (15%)

Kobe Bryant
08-09: 2-6 (33.3%)
09-10: 7-11 (63.6%)
10-11: 1-3 (33.3%)
Total (through last 3 seasons): 10-20 (50%)

And there you have it. Suck it haters.

50% on clutch shots. That's higher than his shooting avg and it's under tremendous stress, and depending on the individual shot, difficulty.

Kobe's legacy is going to be so fucking impressive when it's all said and done. When the haters have died off and sensible minds rule.

Meier

Dwight's gotta work on his turnovers. He has really improved on the offensive end this year but that aspect is still pretty glaring.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
numble said:
So here you have it, Lebron and Kobe's "Last 10sec" Clutch stats for 08-09 (Lebron's first MVP) til present.

Lebron James

Kobe Bryant

All with a broken finger...

Gigglepoo

Lebron James

Kobe Bryant

What are Wade's numbers?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SephCast said:
I wouldn't blame him if he was out for a while. That fall looked terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom