• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Pistons better stay ahead of the Nets and keep the Nets in the 6th worst odds. Season will be a near total failure if the Jazz don't end up with Irving or Valanciunas.

Holy crap, Xenogears' UI is terrible...
Dat increasingly worthless draft pick. 3 game win streak, we're popping bottles.

Pick'em lulz all around, what the fuck were the Mavs and Celtics doing tonight? How is it Roddy still has to fight for minutes? How are Troy Murphy and Sasha Pavlovic still in the league?

At least Celtics fans know that Doc is just trolling to save his real players' legs for their first round sweep of this suddenly awful Pacers team. Mavs fans will have to wait for another first round exit for Carlisle to get fired.

Gigglepoo

The Frankman said:
Cousins has to realize Ryan Anderson was on him and NOT TAKE FADEAWAY JUMPERS. Punish that dude.

If I were a midlevel team, I would do everything in my power to trade for Cousins. He's so freaking talented that he's worth the risk.

But he's also a fat moron.

Gigglepoo

The last couple minutes show why the Kings are such a lousy team. So aggravating watching them down the stretch

EDIT - reggiechoke.gif

etiolate

Banned
The Frankman said:
Cousins has to realize Ryan Anderson was on him and NOT TAKE FADEAWAY JUMPERS. Punish that dude.

he still shot those pretty smooth

I think he was afraid of the flop coming.

Dude is probably already one of the best offensive centers in the league. Just got to get past the rookie stuff.

I don't have a problem so much with his attitude, because he's pretty real about it. I keep thinking he belongs to the 80s.

SamuraiX-

NBA TV analysts not even acknowledging Dwight as a possible MVP candidate.

According to them...

1. Derrick Rose
*huge gap*
2. Dirk Nowitzki

Cloudy

Banned
Tomorrow's game will probably be the best ratings of the year for a game on cable

- Kobe/Bron/Wade and Lakers/Heat
- All casual fans who are Heat haters watching to see if they implode
- Knicks and Mavs fans tuning in early before their game

SamuraiX- said:

According to them...

1. Derrick Rose
*huge gap*
2. Dirk Nowitzki
The Magic are on pace for 52 wins, and Howard isn't really that close to being the best offensive player in the league, which usually gets more mvp attention.

Cloudy said:
Tomorrow's game will probably be the best ratings of the year for a game on cable

Plus we get to rag on all Non Lakers gaf that said they were done. Hopefully

Edit: Clutch win for Nets and Jazz who didnt have their stars

linsivvi

SamuraiX- said:

According to them...

1. Derrick Rose
*huge gap*
2. Dirk Nowitzki

The Magic is on pace to win less game than last season.

Meanwhile, the Bulls have the 4th best record in the league, making a huge jump from last year despite getting nearly struck out in the summer and ended up landing Boozer.

And the Mavs have no business with this current record. Their roster sucks. It's all Dirk.

This had to have been posted already right?
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6199740

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Former Bulls legend Michael Jordan believes Derrick Rose is the MVP of the NBA.

"MVP of the season," Jordan said about Rose after the Bulls' 101-84 win over his Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. "He deserves it. He's playing that well. He deserves it. Without a doubt. And if he doesn't get it, now he'll see how I felt a lot of years."

Bulls are winning games because they are a top defensive team, not a top offensive team. Rose isn't a good defensive player. Is he important to the team's success? Of course. But he isn't an MVP. Give the MVP to Thibs. Meanwhile, the Magic are once again a top defensive team. Who outside of Dwight plays good defense on that team? Dwight has a much bigger impact than Rose. Rose has expanded his game this season and should be applauded for it, but he isn't an MVP candidate, let alone the best PG in the league.

linsivvi said:
The Magic is on pace to win less game than last season.

Meanwhile, the Bulls have the 4th best record in the league, making a huge jump from last year despite getting nearly struck out in the summer and ended up landing Boozer.

And the Mavs have no business with this current record. Their roster sucks. It's all Dirk.

Chicago's depth has been the biggest key to their record. The Mavs fell apart without Dirk and I'd imagine so would Orlando.

Gigglepoo

Derwind said:
I never knew Jordan could be that salty. :/

Did you miss this?

EDIT - Have you guys listened to Jordan's entire speech? It's crazy good! +1 respect for being honest, which is so rare with all the false modesty most people have.

exarkun

Who is the better closer, Melo or Afflalo? Afflalo has hit some big shots against good teams but Melo can also get to the hole or hit that open J.

I DO THIS! So bawse that Melo yelled that after hitting that 2. Gotdamn, the Knicks have chemistry already. And Melo looks hungry. Finally. AND he's playing defense, with more rebounds too. That trade made two teams better, and it really is what the trade deadline should be all about. Knicks gonna make life unpleasant for whoever they get in the playoffs, just like the Nuggets.

I'm a little jealous.

Cloudy said:

The Perfect Storm

Sumidor said:
Just more proof Blake Griffin is overrated.

Umm no...

I'm tired of people saying, "Why isn't that [insert streetballer] in the NBA!!??!".

Just maybe because professional basketball is more than just dunking? That's great if you can do a 720 dunk. Go join the circus. And by circus I mean the And1 tour.

It's pretty obvious that the best dunkers in the world are not in the NBA. The NBA has some good dunkers but most of them are there because they have a wide skill set and solid game IQ compared to the average street baller.

The Chosen One said:
Umm no...

I'm tired of people saying, "Why isn't that [insert streetballer] in the NBA!!??!".

Just maybe because professional basketball is more than just dunking? That's great if you can do a 720 dunk. Go join the circus. And by circus I mean the And1 tour.

It's pretty obvious that the best dunkers in the world are not in the NBA. The NBA has some good dunkers but most of them are there because they have a wide skill set and solid game IQ compared to the average street baller.

JuboD.jpg

NEVAR FORGET!

:(

Sumidor

The Chosen One said:
Umm no...

Geez, didn't expect all this from one little comment. I didn't say that the guy in the video deserved to be in the NBA. So.. I don't know where you got that idea. I was just saying, Blake Griffin gets all this praise for how amazing he is.. And I don't think he's that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom