• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
reilo said:
Oh

my god

Each day he keeps getting worse.

Ten Mark Cuban´s in the league and this douche is out.

Such a worthless piece of trash.

I wonder if these NBA fines can be contested in federal court. I don´t know what the contracts say and whatnot, but if i´m not mistaken some players already sued the NBA.

SUPREME1

Banned
numble said:
It's not a chick flick though. Why would someone drag you to that?

It looks decent, I guess.

The point I was trying to make is that I'll be missing L.A. Lakers vs Miami Tears, Round 2.

It could be epic. But I won't know because I'll be in a theater on a Thursday evening instead of on my couch watching the game.

If it were a concert or someshit that I wanted to go to, I wouldn't be as disappointed. But if it were up to me I'd catch this flick in DVD/BRD.

Jeff-DSA

Get these refs into the NBA, Stern! They're of exquisite quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehNkKfgtmRw

I don't think I've seen such a bad grouping of bad/missed calls in such a small amount of time. Rutgers has a right to be salty all night long after that one.

Edit: The three refs in that game have withdrawn from the tourney. They're available now, Stern.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ncaa games today have been as good as this past week's nba.

(gotta scout for next year's fantasy team)

Owzers

I hope the Knicks destroy the Mavs and tears are shed tonight. Soft mavs are called soft, Carlisle pretends he's not part of the problem.

Omiee

sillymonkey321 said:
I hope the Knicks destroy the Mavs and tears are shed tonight. Soft mavs are called soft, Carlisle pretends he's not part of the problem.

knicks destroying the mavs and lakers destroying the heat would be a perfect night for me.

jobber

Is there a reason Suns/Nuggs isn't on TNT?? Did TNT move the Heat/Lakers up just to cover Mavs/Knicks cause TNT loves Melo? I'm sure Heat/Lakers was suppose to start at 8 and 10:30 was Suns/Nuggs...Knicks/Mavs always gets relegated to LP.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Jeff-DSA said:

I don't think I've seen such a bad grouping of bad/missed calls in such a small amount of time. Rutgers has a right to be salty all night long after that one.

Edit: The three refs in that game have withdrawn from the tourney. They're available now, Stern.
Holy fucking shit.

ImperialConquest said:

The point I was trying to make is that I'll be missing L.A. Lakers vs Miami Tears, Round 2.

It could be epic. But I won't know because I'll be in a theater on a Thursday evening instead of on my couch watching the game.

If it were a concert or someshit that I wanted to go to, I wouldn't be as disappointed. But if it were up to me I'd catch this flick in DVD/BRD.

If you don't get laid I'll lose all respect for you.

jobber

jordan0386 said:
Knicks games are a bigger ratings draw right now. Especially with a game winner last night, TNT should do a record number.

but it's the Mavsssssss. Mavs an't stop a nose bleed. Knicks average like 110ppg. Blow out incoming!

tmdorsey

What's the latest on Boozer? Would be nice if he sat out so the Hawks would have some kind of chance of not getting destroyed for the 4th time in row tomorrow night.

Also, if we end up any lower than the 5th seed, first round sweep is all but confirmed. :-/

The Lakers-Heat game is the most coveted ticket for Miami this season. The average seat is going for $342, according to Ben Kessler of SeatGeek.com. That's a 161% increase over the season average. It's currently more than double the asking price of the average seat for next month's Celtics-Heat game, at $184.

Seating in the nose-bleed 400 section is going for $119 a ticket. A courtside seat is going for an average of $8,555. At least a round-trip plane ticket to Miami would be less.

pft, i'm sure they cost more out here.

Puddles

Banned
ImperialConquest said:

Why can't you reschedule the movie for another night?

Omiee

this is just ridicioulous what im about to say, but did anybody notice lakers started playing better since kobe starter wearing that sleeve like 09 and 08

Anth0ny

Jeff-DSA said:

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Omiee said:
this is just ridicioulous what im about to say, but did anybody notice lakers started playing better since kobe starter wearing that sleeve like 09 and 08

Like I posted before, They just had an extended training camp..LOL

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
tmdorsey said:
What's the latest on Boozer? Would be nice if he sat out so the Hawks would have some kind of chance of not getting destroyed for the 4th time in row tomorrow night.

Also, if we end up any lower than the 5th seed, first round sweep is all but confirmed. :-/

He'll probably sit, but Bulls defense is better without Boozer, so don't count on much of a change to your chances.

reilo

Anyone remember the play mentioned?

@RichardCOliver Tim Higgins, who blew Rutgers call, on court when A&M's Donald Sloan mugged vs UCLA couple yrs ago. No call.

SamuraiX-

Jeff-DSA said:

Nothing really surprises me anymore nowadays, but that was pretty bad.

What continuously pisses me the fuck off is how Stern can defend these guys. Granted NBA refs have never been that bad, but Stern holds them to some epitome of perfection that can do no wrong and any blasphemous attempts at reasoning with him will result in THOU ART SMITE'D!

KingGondo

Banned
Daily Thunder said:
Back to Tulsa for Byron Mullens. The Thunder has assigned him to the 66ers
You know what that means... Perk is comin'!

Probably makes his debut tomorrow night against Detroit at home. Can't wait.

Edit: NM, the Thunder beat writer says he's unlikely to play, they're gonna ease him into the lineup.

Goddamn, Perry Jones' high school coach might be even less intelligent than he is. Burks still beasting in the Big 12 tournament, could get Colorado to the tourney by himself.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
C'mon, St. John's, I'm counting on you.

I can't stand watching Syracuse. Probably trickle down hate from Jonny Flynn, but damn I hate the way they play.

J2 Cool

SephCast said:
He'll probably sit, but Bulls defense is better without Boozer, so don't count on much of a change to your chances.

I still wonder if the MRI's been done yet or not. I never trusted my doctor that I had just an ankle sprain, from a game of bball - bc the pain was legit and the iinjury lingered. I could feel the injury when I stood up 30-40 minutes at a time, up to a year and half later. But maybe I'm just Jason Terry-soft.

Anyway, I don't expect Booz back for a week and a half probably. I think it depends on what level sprain as well, how stable the ankle is going to be right away. Then when he gets back he could probably do everything, depending on how much he trusts his body. Only reason I even care to talk about it, is that it looked much worse than Taj's ankle injury for instance earlier this season, even though he was writhing around in pain when his happened.

When Booz returns though, I hope he gets back to his offensive game. He only scored 20+ twice in the last 16 games. Averaging 15 a game, on 47% shooting or so. Obviously his rebounds would take a hit with Noah back, but it feels like they were going to him more earlier in the season and letting him work one-on-one. Lately, most of his points just seem to come from putbacks and feeds near the basket. I'd like to see the Bulls take some pressure off Rose, and start feeding Boozer again on offense. He had a nice string of 25-30 point games at the start of the season. Now, we're not sure if that 2nd scoring threat is coming from Deng, Boozer, or even Korver on any given night.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
His build is terrible, that's the main predictor of injuries and isn't bad luck.

Huh? Doesn't Boozer have like 5% body fat (according to himself)?

Jeff-DSA said:

That is some shameful stuff right there.

reilo

J2 Cool said:
Boozer also claims that he is a good guy that never cheats and hurt his wrist by tripping over his bag.

AK47 has no body fat and has a terrible build. He's put on more muscle than his frame can handle, he's too big, he has the look of a player that's going to be injured a lot.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
J2 Cool said:
I still wonder if the MRI's been done yet or not. I never trusted my doctor that I had just an ankle sprain, from a game of bball - bc the pain was legit and the iinjury lingered. I could feel the injury when I stood up 30-40 minutes at a time, up to a year and half later. But maybe I'm just Jason Terry-soft.

Anyway, I don't expect Booz back for a week and a half probably. I think it depends on what level sprain as well, how stable the ankle is going to be right away. Then when he gets back he could probably do everything, depending on how much he trusts his body. Only reason I even care to talk about it, is that it looked much worse than Taj's ankle injury for instance earlier this season, even though he was writhing around in pain when his happened.

When Booz returns though, I hope he gets back to his offensive game. He only scored 20+ twice in the last 16 games. Averaging 15 a game, on 47% shooting or so. Obviously his rebounds would take a hit with Noah back, but it feels like they were going to him more earlier in the season and letting him work one-on-one. Lately, most of his points just seem to come from putbacks and feeds near the basket. I'd like to see the Bulls take some pressure off Rose, and start feeding Boozer again on offense. He had a nice string of 25-30 point games at the start of the season. Now, we're not sure if that 2nd scoring threat is coming from Deng, Boozer, or even Korver on any given night.

MRI was done, no damage.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
AK47 has no body fat and has a terrible build. He's put on more muscle than his frame can handle, he's too big, he has the look of a player that's going to be injured a lot.
On the same flipside, when Oden was rehabbing he put on too much muscle that ballooned his weight up beyond a healthy treshold for him. He had a ridiculous <8% body fat, but he was still too big because all of that muscle still adds up to substantial weight.

It's why it's such a miracle that Lebron hasn't gotten severely hurt with his huge frame and reckless to-the-basket playing style.

SamuraiX-

Branduil said:
Did you not watch the last 10 seconds of game 5 in 2006?

What? When Wade got fouled and made 2 free throws?

And when Josh Howard called the most LOL timeout of all time?

If you're arguing the legitimacy of the foul call, that's 1 mistake over like 7 in a row made in the Rutgers game.

reilo

Charlotte center Joel Przybilla will not play Friday against the Trail Blazers because of pain in his surgically repaired right knee.

"I think he is going to be out for a while,'' Bobcats coach Paul Silas told Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer after Thursday's practice. "His knee is really bothering him. He's not helping himself or the team if he's hurt and not able to play (effectively).''
Eventhough he's not on my team anymore, it's not something I want to see Joel go through. Hope that knee gets better. It's borderline miraculous he's gotten this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom