• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

Black Mamba said:
actually, it's 5 when you realize the 5th season is a player option. LOL

edit: Beaten

edit again: Luke contract is $12 million more and 1 more year. bleh

how can you still be a junior, i thought you turned member after 400 posts?

anyhow that salary list of miami is something to be concirned about.
seeing as wade will be 33 by the end of that contract, they have to trade somebody within 2 years believe me, and my money is on either wade or bosh.

linsivvi said:
What he said was garbage. Even the Lakers wouldn't understand. They never had a "Lakers Index" section on ESPN, nor did they have commentators spent half the game talking about them when 2 other title contenders are playing on the court.

Did they ask for an index for their own?

Did they tell the commentators to talk about them a whole lot?

Don't take your hurt feelings out on them. What DID he say that was garbage? Why? Because...you don't like it? Well, boo fucking hoo
and its true...the fact that you're sitting here picking about shit like that proves it

ph33nix said:

Don't take your hurt feelings out on them. What DID he say that was garbage? Why? Because...you don't like it? Well, boo fucking hoo
i want your ass on IRC. i want to taste you and your minion's tears first hand.

Omiee

ph33nix said:

and its true...the fact that you're sitting here picking about shit like that proves it

as much as i hate to say it, he is right though. sure the media was fun for them at the start but they never said they were the best thing to happen in basketball.
im still torn though, because when i think about that conference i tend to disagree with what you said. To me it sounds like they loved it at the start when they thought it would be easy, but now hate it when it starts being difficult.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ph33nix said:

But they did have a film crew following Bosh and Wade around for a documentary during their free agency. Lebron did hold a one-hour special on ESPN to announce his "decision". Several media outlets were invited to their training camp on an army base. I don't recall any team holding essentially a red-carpet event to introduce new players on a cat-walk like the Heat did. You'll see the occasional event to introduce a coveted rookie or something, but nothing as magnanimous as what the Heat did.

And please, let's not pretend that they joined forces in Miami of all places, or joined forces in the first place, if part of them didn't want the attention. They might have not specifically asked for it, but they sure as fuck invited it. Besides, they wouldn't bitch about the attention if things were peachy.

lebron-wade-bosh-miami-heat-main.jpg

reilo

ph33nix said:
so then why did a laker-age member make a post of IRC information titling it "biggest game of the year"?
This is as big of a must-win in the regular season for the Heat as I can think of. They're not on the playoff bubble, but they are hurting and do need this win. The Lakers have nothing to prove as the two-time defending champions.

Omiee

Dreams-Visions said:
lol. Heat desperate for a win.

I do expect them to win, too. Game means much more to them.

sadly i think so as well, they realy want this and need this.
i think lakers as always will be lazy because they think it doesnt matter.

Omiee said:
sadly i think so as well, they realy want this and need this.
i think lakers as always will be lazy because they think it doesnt matter.

I agree though Laker play as of late has me thinking they just might prove me wrong.

Omiee

BruceLeeRoy said:
I agree though Laker play as of late has me thinking they just might prove me wrong.

Yeah artest def is good on defence again, and bynum knows his role. Lets hope they realy want this win tonight.

reilo

What did he say? Someone post a YouTube link the moment it's up.

Omiee

reilo said:
What did he say? Someone post a YouTube link the moment it's up.

you dident hear, basically nobody asked you to dance around, have a parade, say you would be winning 5 championships, stop bitching and crying.

anyhow i fucking love tnt, nothing on tv is close to them.

Omiee said:
you dident hear, basically nobody asked you to dance around, have a parade, say you would be winning 5 championships, stop bitching and crying.

anyhow i fucking love tnt, nothing on tv is close to them.
He also said no one but Cleveland cares about the heat

SUPREME1

Banned
ph33nix said:

They went on a fucking media blitz dude.

For comparison's sake: KD let everyone know, by dropping a single sentence via twitter, that he'd signed an extension.

So please don't go all selective recollection on us now. They get what they get. Whether it ends up being a train wreck or whether it's championships for the next few years (but not this one lol).

Just don't act as if attention is not what they wanted. They wanted the media, the women, the Miami lifestyle, the trophies, the money, all of it.

Cloudy

Banned
Phil Jackson has another thought on the Miami Heat: He doesn't like how they play.

Speaking Thursday before his Los Angeles Lakers visited Miami, Jackson likened the way the Heat play to an Xbox video game and said they rely too much on 1-on-1 basketball.

"I'm not a big fan of the style that Miami plays," Jackson said. "I like to see everybody involved in the game."

Phil is a huge troll. Hope the Lakers can back up his shit talk lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom