• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2003-2004 to 2005-2006, AK averaged more BPG than any player in the league. Admittedly, he missed a lot of games in 2004-2005 and played way more minutes per game than almost every player in the league in that period.

Surprised Lakers didn't put Bynum on Bosh earlier. Gasol can't handle Bosh's quickness, could cost them.

Gigglepoo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
From 2003-2004 to 2005-2006, AK averaged more BPG than any player in the league.

Um, alright? We're talking about one season, though, and he was third that year. Being among the best in blocks doesn't necessarily mean you're top 10 overall. This was never an argument about blocks, it was about how he stacked up against the rest of the league the year the Jazz won 42 games.

MiamiWesker said:
Who are you and what did you do to Gigglepoo? :p

Attempted jinx. I had to scrub myself with Lava soap after typing it.

Gigglepoo said:
Um, alright? We're talking about one season, though, and he was third that year. Being among the best in blocks doesn't necessarily mean you're top 10 overall. This was never an argument about blocks, it was about how he stacked up against the rest of the league the year the Jazz won 42 games.

I'm arguing that he was top ten over that three year period (Maybe not 2004-2005 though since he missed half the season)

Gigglepoo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I'm arguing that he was top ten over that three year period (Maybe not 2004-2005 though since he missed half the season)

Alright. I have no interest in doing research across a three season period, and I can see you're not going to back up your claim at all (except for total block counts, which don't matter in this conversation). He wasn't close to top 10 overall in 03-04, though.

And THIS is why you put the ball in Wade's hands at the end of the game.

It only took the Heat 2/3 of the season and a 5 game losing streak to figure it out...

LMAO. clear goaltending not called. Stupid refs miss that one.

So Heat decide to use Wade in the clutch against us? Lame. Should put Ron on him and Kobe on Bron.

Gigglepoo said:
Alright. I have no interest in doing research across a three season period, and I can see you're not going to back up your claim at all (except for total block counts, which don't matter in this conversation). He wasn't close to top 10 overall in 03-04, though.

I'm going to back-up my claim. The team won 26 games with him missing half of the season in 2004 and won 42 when he played most of the games. He was worth at least 15 wins in all three seasons. He was the best defender in the league other than KG, could really create offense for himself and others, and rebounded well.

rc213

Nice improvement from blown the fuck out to tight game. Maybe next they meet they remember how to rebound the fucking ball!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom